photo the_inter.png

<% NEWS %>
Pages: (5) 1 2 3 4 5  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

» Gone Hunting!, Drizzt trains, Legode gets wild. [OPEN!]
Auragongal
 Posted: Jul 7 2013, 10:29 PM
Renowned

N/A

Group: Character Moderator
Member No.: 7

"I believe the best way to do this is have you, Zikel, and Legode battle Ethan, since you both offered to help, while I see how Ethan does against you both. At one point in the battle, I will raise a Globe of Darkness, as to increase the difficulty in a way." Drizzt said, while Legode smirked a bit at the plan.

"It sounds like a good one to me." She said, walking over to Zikel while subtly casting a spell. "Ultravision." she then whispered, and added to the asmodean, "So you and I will be able to see when the globe goes up."

After casting it a second time on herself, Legode then drew her weapons and got into a defensive stance, her memories of her own lessons in how to fight, and fight dirty at times, coming to mind as she looked at Ethan, her silver eyes becoming cold and eerily calm in constrast with her smirk. Drizzt, seeing the expression shuddered a bit as he remembered a certain assassin who had once held a similar expression.

Why is she reminding me of Entreri? he wondered in his mind, and waited until Ethan, and Zikel were ready before starting the sparring match.

--------------------
Characters:
Legode Rydrion, the Blue Skinned Druid(Please keep in mind that while Legode is female, she looks highly bifauxnen/ manly in appearance. She never really developed in the chest area. Also has a Dire Wolf as her druidic animal companion. Do not call said companion a puppy/treat him like a house pet.)
Drizzt Do'Urden(Canon Character)
Aria Token(Mute, Hotblooded, Battling Ballerina)
PM Email
^
Wahnsinniger
 Posted: Jul 7 2013, 10:38 PM
Powerful

N/A

Group: Global Moderator
Member No.: 27

"Two on one involving the harpy who hates my guts. Peachy-fucking-keen." Ethan said, whipping his Keyblade into a close mimicry of Bastian's ready-stance; if it worked for the Templar, maybe it would serve to help the Keybearer keep his hide intact. After all, their weapons were similar in size and shape. Clenching his Key in an ever-tightening grip, Ethan plead silently with the otherworldly weapon.

Help me now. I've never needed you to work with me as much as I do now, so please. Give me strength. I need you. I need you.

A dim sense of amused acknowledgement spread through his mind, and the Keyblade nodded itself forward an inch and spread his stance a bit more as the power of Light suffused him, granting its assistance for once rather than taking control.

Because he had asked nicely, of course.

Choosing to react rather than strike first, Ethan sat back and waited for someone to move. After all, overreaching himself might lead to big problems in a very small amount of time.

--------------------
PM
^
Tarkya
 Posted: Jul 7 2013, 11:40 PM
Veteran

The sun will rise.

Member No.: 8

Bastian narrowed his eyes at Legode, a glint of disapproval in them. He didn't hold much for cheating. "I can see in the dark just fine," he muttered back, slipping into a stance himself. He eyed Ethan's attempt at imitation, looking for weaknesses or things that needed fixing, but he couldn't see any on first glance. Then again, he'd never had to be a teacher before. He didn't know what to look for.

When it became clear that Ethan wouldn't attack first, he decided to take the initiative, and with a shout he charged forward. He didn't put too much force behind his first slice, and he didn't aim for anywhere vital, but it was still sudden and without warning.

--------------------
PM AIM MSN
^
Auragongal
 Posted: Jul 8 2013, 06:08 AM
Renowned

N/A

Legode felt a bit hurt when she saw the disapproval in his eyes, thinking that she thought it was normal to try to use whatever advantage was needed in a fight, as that was how she was taught by her Uncle Turil and his friend Ramirez.

However, once Zikel made the first attack, Legode followed suit and ran towards Ethan, seemingly trying to make a head on strike alongside Bastian, however, once she got close she quickly dashed to the side and flanked Ethan from the right with a boot going towards his head.

Drizzt watched the spar as it began, noting Zikel taking initiative, and Legode's own tactic made him feel a bit uneasy. He had a feeling he had seen a similar deceptive tactic before, but couldn't seem to quite remember where.

--------------------
Characters:
Legode Rydrion, the Blue Skinned Druid(Please keep in mind that while Legode is female, she looks highly bifauxnen/ manly in appearance. She never really developed in the chest area. Also has a Dire Wolf as her druidic animal companion. Do not call said companion a puppy/treat him like a house pet.)
PM Email
^
Wahnsinniger
 Posted: Jul 8 2013, 10:41 AM
Powerful

N/A

They were pretty quick. Fast, but not the fastest thing ever. Speedy, but not impossible to dodge. That greatsword was the first, and direst threat. Stepping quickly into Bastian's charge, Ethan swung the keyblade around on an intercept course, aiming to either parry his swing or smash the greatsword out of his hands. The Key moved in a blur of gleeful violet, mostly under its own power but allowing Ethan to guide its path through the air, making the large, ungainly blade seem (to him) to be almost entirely weightless. The two long weapons, Keyblade and Greatsword, pounded into each other in a burst of sparks, leaving an eerie ringing in the air as their momentum canceled each other out.

And then there was a rapid whooshing sound from Ethan's left. He instinctively flinched away and the kick aiming to break his skull whistled past without actually taking a chunk of his head with it.

This was quite bad, he couldn't stay sandwiched between these two forever- a flicker of suggestion from the Key dictated his next tactics.

Spinning in place, Ethan swung the Keyblade in a rapid circle around himself, with it pulling him around in an unnaturally fast pirouette designed to force the others back and away from him. Once they stepped back, assuming they did at least, he leaned forward into one of the Key's favorite tricks; the sliding dash of Sonic Blade, hoping that its gut-wrenching speed would buy him a hit against Bastian and reduce the number of opponents he had to face by one.

--------------------
PM
^
Tarkya
 Posted: Jul 8 2013, 08:20 PM
Veteran

The sun will rise.

The clash of the two blades created a reverberation that interrupted Bastian's attack, if only for a moment, and he pulled back in preparation for a followup strike. But Legode attacked, and Ethan ducked away, leaving him with a situation where his greatsword didn't have enough finesse for.

He took a step back, digging his heel into the dirt and pulling back his greatsword for a lunge, and the timing was such that he was able to avoid Ethan's sudden spinning attack. It gave him a second to brace himself, but he couldn't avoid the attack. He took it in the gut and was knocked backward, momentarily stunned. At least for a moment, he was out of the fight.

--------------------
PM AIM MSN
^
Auragongal
 Posted: Jul 8 2013, 08:58 PM
Renowned

N/A

Legode, seeing Zikel get knocked down, immediately went on the defensive as she dodged the spinning attack, and cast two spells on the asmodean: One, was Cure Light Wounds to heal him, and the other Resistance to boost his defense for a little while. Then, Legode being careful to focus while staying out of range of Ethan's attacks, casted a third spell, being careful to aim it so Bastian wouldn't get caught in it as well.

"Grease!" Legode then said, and focusing on the area between her, and Ethan, smirked as a slick, oily substance rose from the ground. If any time was good to try out her idea, it was certainly now. Legode then used the greasy ground to her advantage, moving carefully enough that she would slide around and not slip on the ground as she gave even a run by slap with the flat of her own blades.

As Drizzt watched the spar, he took note of how easily Ethan seemed to be doing so far, compared to the sparring match between the keyweilder and the ranger on Destiny Island, and he also took note of Bastian's skill and Legode's.

--------------------
Characters:
PM Email
^
Wahnsinniger
 Posted: Jul 8 2013, 09:19 PM
Powerful

N/A

Things were happening really fast, or so it seemed to Ethan. A successful hit on the Templar. Magic flying around. The ground grew slick.

The Keyblader tottered for a moment as his boots slid on the now-lubricated surface, before hopping up and tromping the heels of his boots into the soft, peaty rainforest floor. Anchored thusly, he felt himself stabilize...but though he wasn't likely to slip and fall, neither could he move his feet, lest he fall prey to the greasy grass.

Of course, the Harpy chose right then to come rushing at him like an anorexic freight train. Dodging wasn't an option, and he couldn't parry both of her weapons at once, so Ethan did what appeared to him to be the obvious thing: as she ran towards him, he took the Key in both hands and wound back like Babe fucking Ruth, before doing his absolute damnedest to slam Legode's teeth out through her ass, even as her blades smacked against him.

--------------------
PM
^
Tarkya
 Posted: Jul 8 2013, 10:50 PM
Veteran

The sun will rise.

The healing spell was enough to clear Bastian's stunned mind, and he leaped to his feet in a surprisingly acrobatic motion. He shifted back into position, taking in the changes in the battlefield, especially the black grease that slicked the ground around Ethan's feet.

Bastian himself wouldn't have much traction in the spell's area of effect. His talons, while large, weren't flexible enough to give him much benefit. So instead he approached slowly, taking advantage of Legode's speedy attack to reposition himself behind the keyblade wielder. Once he was there, he inhaled and shouted.

"You call this fighting, sun-sucker? You're just sitting there!" It was a taunt, but it wasn't particularly serious - the epithet didn't even mean anything to its target, probably. But it was meant to distract, and possibly to draw his attention entirely and pull the battle into more stable ground.

--------------------
PM AIM MSN
^
Auragongal
 Posted: Jul 8 2013, 11:22 PM
Renowned

N/A

Legode did not have time to completely block the attack when the keyblade came towards her, and much too quickly for her to duck. Next thing Legode knew, her head was pounding, everything around her was disoriented, and she was on her ass trying to get over what just happened, and try to keep conscious as she struggled to get up and stay standing, slipping on the ground a bit a few times before she managed to stand again.

"I'm not out yet..." she said, giving Ethan a glare, "... and I'm not afraid to get killed in a fight!"

Drizzt raised an eyebrow at her persistence in the spar, and wondered who she had learned to fight from back in Faerun to give her such an attitude for fighting. In fact, now that he thought about it, her stubborness, combined with her tactics seemed quite familiar to him, almost like...

A drow? he tought to himself, and hummed in thought as he watched the fight some more, starting to have some pieces about the blue druid fall into place for ranger. The Dire wolf, seemingly sensing trouble, raised his head and gave the ranger a look before looking back into the fight, and seeing how Ethan had almost tried to take his partner's head off.

I really hope this doesn't turn into a repeat of what happened to Serius... Killing Ethan, even if he is more donkey than human, would probably be a bad thing. the beast growled quietly to himself, making sure the ranger didn't hear him.

--------------------
Characters:
PM Email
^
Wahnsinniger
 Posted: Jul 8 2013, 11:37 PM
Powerful

N/A

When Ethan clapped Legode across the noggin with his oversized key, the full-body twisting action asked too much of his boots' tenuous grip on the earth, and his foot slipped out from under him, causing him to take a bit of a tumble. He immediately started to scramble for his feet, sure that a simple bop on the head wasn't enough to stop something with magic pounding through its veins, but paused when he heard the elf girl's venomous, woozy-sounding, spiteful remark.

Continuing to get up, he decided to give her a moment to collect herself before doing something like busting her upside the head again...especially since she already had a big, angry welt right across her face.

The very sight of it made him wince a bit; he hadn't thought she would take the brunt of the blow. Somehow, he had accredited Drizzt's grace to the other elf as well, and the fact that she'd gotten hit was a bit of a surprise.

"Who said anything about getting killed? I don't want to kill you. I just wanted to smack you upside the head for running your mouth earlier. Sorry if I overdid it; that looks like it hurts. You want to stop and heal yourself or something?" he asked as he regained his feet, before stepping carefully out of the muck.

"What do you think, Pops? Should we stop for Legode to fix her head?"

--------------------
PM
^
Tarkya
 Posted: Jul 9 2013, 12:04 AM
Veteran

The sun will rise.

Bastian paused a moment, worried about Legode's declaration. This was supposed to be a practice spar, not a duel to the death. If people got too caught up in trying to get revenge... well, these two didn't have the advantage of immortality.

"This is supposed to be training, remember," he said, moving around the greased area and towards Ethan. It was a move in case he needed to protect... or in case the battle continued, and he could use it as precursor to an unexpected attack. "Don't get carried away with death wishes."

--------------------
PM AIM MSN
^
Auragongal
 Posted: Jul 9 2013, 09:01 AM
Renowned

N/A

Drizzt heard both Ethan's question, and Zikel's statement. While pausing for a break did seem like a good idea, what he heard Legode say next caused him to look at the druid in surprise.

"I've had worse." Legode said, taking a moment to sheath her dagger before moving her hair out of the way enough to show the large, branched and jagged looking scar that went down from her forehead to her jaw, and from the left side of her nose to her ear. The druid then healed herself with Cure Light Wounds, causing the welt from the keyblade to disappear. Now that the pain had subsided for her, she drew her dagger again and carefully moved back on the grease field, and then waited for Ethan's next move while the words of her Uncle Turil's friend, Ramirez the Rakshasa echoed in her mind.

The spar isn't over until one side is completely knocked out, Bluebell. If you can still move and still stand, you can still fight!

As Legode waited for the next moment to strike in the sparring match, a glint started to appear in her right eye, the left unable to see anything, and she smiled slightly as well.

"That scar on her face, did that come from whoever, or whatever trained her to fight? As for that glint in her eye, what could she be up to?" Drizzt said to himself as he continued to watch, and then looked toward Ethan and Zikel. "Ethan will need to work on his ability to restrain himself, and read his opponent's movements. As for Zikel... hmm... he seems to know full well what he is doing."

--------------------
Characters:
PM Email
^
Wahnsinniger
 Posted: Jul 9 2013, 12:30 PM
Powerful

N/A

"Well, if you're sure..." Ethan said sceptically, staring for a moment at the big, ugly scar before sensing that things were about to start moving again. All that tension in the air, mounting like the precursor to a summer thunderstorm; somehow, he felt that this next exchange wasn't going to go quite as smoothly as the previous one had.

Still, he had something he wanted to say to the smut-colored Templar who was standing mostly behind him.

"What the hell is a sun-sucker anyway? Boy, you look like a cross between a ripped-up grease rag that's be shoved up one too many tailpipes and a half-drowned Chihuahua. How many times did your daddy have to beat you with that sack of coal dust before the color stuck? I bet it was a whole lot!" Ethan prodded, chuckling as he poked the Templar with the end of the Keyblade.

--------------------
PM
^
Tarkya
 Posted: Jul 9 2013, 09:06 PM
Veteran

The sun will rise.

Bastian noted the jagged scars on Legode's face. He'd seen scars before, and had a few himself, but the scar she bore was something more than just a battle wound. It was another piece of her puzzle. He gripped the hilt of the greatsword, mentally filtering out Ethan's taunts...

Well, most of them.

His eyes blazed red at the insult towards his father, and he moved suddenly, swinging around and slamming the flat of his sword against the keyblade to knock it away. He might have seemed relaxed before, but there was nothing but tension in his motions now.

"My parents died when I was a child," he growled, and moved foward, trying to push him back into the grease field.

--------------------
PM AIM MSN
^
Auragongal
 Posted: Jul 9 2013, 09:20 PM
Renowned

N/A

Hearing Ethan's insult toward Zikel, both Legode and Drizzt frowned at the human for different reasons. For Drizzt, his own father taught him how to fight, and later died in his place only to be brought back a decade later as a spirit-wraith controlled by his mother to try and kill him. For Legode though, her own father was forced to wander around Faerun for her whole life because of her mother's brother threatening to kill Legode before she was born if he stayed.

However, seeing Zikel's anger and hearing his comment caused Drizzt to remain silent, while Legode merely stood in shock at the words. She didn't know that about his parents, and the druid thought about the time she got her scar, and saw a portion of her village die in front of her.

"Zikel..." Legode said, and when she realized she needed to make a choice between stopping the asmodean from killing Ethan and letting the human get a beating he brought on himself, Legode was unsure which path to take. Her duties as a druid told her to keep neutrality in mind, but her instincts told her to keep Ethan from getting killed and do good. Legode also thought that if she did too much good, she would be unable to get the rest of her powers back until she went back to neutrality, and something told her she was on the borderline of going chaotic good instead of chaotic neutral.

In the end, she didn't have a choice but to let Ethan get hurt.

--------------------
Characters:
PM Email
^
Wahnsinniger
 Posted: Jul 9 2013, 09:43 PM
Powerful

N/A

Ethan's jocular attitude faltered immediately when Bastian suddenly swatted the Key away- causing it to spiral off into the distance and vanish- and started aggressively shoving him back towards the puddle of nasty, slick mess that had suddenly sprouted in the middle of the grass. Apparently his jokes hadn't gone over very well at all; everyone present was either glaring death at him, frowning in disapproval, or staring in shock.

Whoops.

"Okay, look. I-" he started with a sigh, before being cut off by one of Bastian's shunting pushes. "Hey, hang on a-" Shunt. "Dammit, I-" Shove.

"Will you STOP?!" he barked at last, planting his feet and shoving his shoulder into the Asmodean's armored form to halt his advance, if only for a moment. "I'm sorry, okay? I didn't know about your folks. I wouldn't have said that if I did. Jesus. Maybe I should just go back to the stupid Islands and forget about this hero shit, all I seem to be doing is pissing some people off and hurting others."

Running a hand over his smooth scalp and loosing another sigh, Ethan stared at the Templar, his expression part contrition and part chagrin. He supposed that he wouldn't be particularly surprised if the nest thing to come at him was an armored gauntlet; after all, he probably deserved a fat lip for saying something he shouldn't.

Today had just been one fuckup after another.

--------------------
PM
^
Tarkya
 Posted: Jul 10 2013, 12:46 AM
Veteran

The sun will rise.

Ethan's shove was enough to break Bastian's push, and for a moment he stood there, panting a bit. Whatever rage that had been pushing him forward had been broken, at least for now, and he moved backward, dug his feet into the ground and assumed a more measured stance.

He usually had better control than this. Maybe this false name was going to his head...

"You're really going to give up because you made me mad? You'll need more of a spine if you're going to learn anything." He made a beckoning motion with his head, eyes still on Ethan's. "If you don't want me to keep pushing, then you need to push first."

--------------------
PM AIM MSN
^
Auragongal
 Posted: Jul 10 2013, 09:29 AM
Renowned

N/A

Seeing that Zikel had calmed down without her needing to step in, Legode relaxed a bit and held up her weapons as she rejoined the fight.

"Indeed Ethan, if you are worried about your opponent's feelings when it comes to what you say to them, then you may have missed the point of using a taunt in the first place!" she said, sliding up behind Ethan and delivering a swift kick to his rear as she spun and slid away on the greasy area.

Drizzt gave a sigh of relief when he saw that, for now at least, Zikel had calmed down enough to not try to kill Ethan. However, if the asmodean became enraged again, Drizzt would stop the battle then and their. The Ranger then decided to wait just a little longer before dropping the Globe of Darkness on them, to see how well Ethan would deal with a surprise change in the area around him due to the effects of magic.

--------------------
Characters:
PM Email
^
Wahnsinniger
 Posted: Jul 10 2013, 11:06 AM
Powerful

N/A

Ethan whirled on the Elf that had kicked him in the ass, sputtering in confusion as he did so.

"Wha- You people make up your god damned minds! Do you want me to be mean and hurtful or not?! I make a joke and everybody stares at me like I broke every taboo ever laid down, then after I apologise you all turn around and tell me I'm spineless! Fucking austere, inscrutable elves!" he yelled after her retreating form, punctuating the last word in his sentence by stooping down and seizing a rock, which was promptly sent pegging after her retreating form.

Turning back around and ripping his Keyblade from null-space with a scowl, the thoroughly confused and irritated Wielder made a short beckoning gesture at the Templar standing before him.

"Well? What are you looking at? Let's dance!"

--------------------
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (5) 1 2 3 4 5 
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
RPG-D || Teen Titans GO~ || The Games

Disclaimer: using the Split Lock skin by DoubleXXCross will not give you a suit of armour.
But even if it did, you can still very much get shot in the face.