photo the_inter.png

Welcome to the Interference: Multiverse, a video game crossover roleplayed inspired by The Interference fanfiction series by Newbiespud.

Quick Links
Updates

Last Updated: 11/6/2017

Last update for anyone who still visits the forum here. Most of us have moved to a new location. If you want to find us then we are located here: Scrap City

Join Chat Server
Pages: (5) « First ... 3 4 5  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

» Gone Hunting!, Drizzt trains, Legode gets wild. [OPEN!]
Wahnsinniger
 Posted: Jul 13 2013, 06:32 PM
Powerful

N/A

Group: Global Moderator
Member No.: 27

"A video game is exactly what it sounds like: a game that uses visual media to deliver its content. In most cases, it's a tale that's told through a means that you can actively interact with, sometimes even letting you direct how the story unfolds through actions you dictate. Whether the heroes of these stories ultimately slay the dragon and save their hometown, fall to the darkness and destroy their worlds, or die a bloody death filled with failure and bitter regret is up to your skills and choices as a player. Most of the worlds around here either bear a striking resemblance to the worlds from those tales, or else they are those worlds. There are many books and games about Faerun, for example, and Drizzt features in a fair number of them, as either the hero in question or a chance encounter along the way. Whether my world is the hub world from which all others stem, or whether my people are simply blessed with some sort of second sight that lets them glimpse these worlds and tell their tales is beyond me...but we do have many, many tales to tell. And I have yet to see a world that is not at least passingly familiar." Ethan said, doing his best to explain video games and how the worlds he had seen correlated with these games in terms that the technologically-ignorant elves and Asmodean would understand. Once he had finished his explanation, he sat back a bit and popped one of the pieces of fruit in his mouth, waiting expectantly for their reactions. Surely at least one of them would be flabbergasted.

--------------------
PM
^
Tarkya
 Posted: Jul 14 2013, 09:53 PM
Veteran

The sun will rise.

Member No.: 8

Bastian laughed in a forced way. "It does sound like a poor place to live, doesn't it? And I haven't even scratched the surface. But I still need to get back. There are things I need to do."

He fell quiet after this, listening to Ethan's explanation of a 'video game'. It was a dense chunk of information to process, and one that had implications that he couldn't wholly comprehend, but...

"So, if I'm understanding this right... in your world, the places you've gone and the people you've met are... stories and games? Entertainment?"

Flabbergasted was a strong word, probably. But he certainly sounded it.

--------------------
PM AIM MSN
^
Auragongal
 Posted: Jul 15 2013, 09:30 AM
Renowned

N/A

Group: Character Moderator
Member No.: 7

Once again, Ethan's explanation confused Legode and Drizzt. Though the druid had some form of explanation about video games from Xelwis, she still did not fully understand what they were or how they worked.

However, for Drizzt, hearing that he was known on another world through books someone had written about him caused the ranger to feel highly uncomfortable. While on one hand the books were used as a way to let others know his story, he was also worried that the books would have a little too much about him, as some things were much to personal for the ranger to talk about. Of course, the thought of someone writing about you at all without you knowing was a strange feeling for the drow, a mix between being flattered at the idea, but also angry that his private life was known to many on another world.

"This... is a bit too much for me to dwell on." He said, while Legode looked over at Zikel after hearing his comment.

"It seems we all need to get back to our worlds in one form or another." she said then, before changing the subject in order not to get a headache from thinking too much on Ethan's explanation. "I think it may be best to move on soon, so that we can continue our own searches, and so Ethan may be able to continue his training quickly."

--------------------
Characters:
Legode Rydrion, the Blue Skinned Druid(Please keep in mind that while Legode is female, she looks highly bifauxnen/ manly in appearance. She never really developed in the chest area. Also has a Dire Wolf as her druidic animal companion. Do not call said companion a puppy/treat him like a house pet.)
Drizzt Do'Urden(Canon Character)
Aria Token(Mute, Hotblooded, Battling Ballerina)
PM Email
^
Wahnsinniger
 Posted: Jul 16 2013, 05:59 AM
Powerful

N/A

"Perhaps." the group's only pure-blood human quipped, continuing to pick at his food as he considered Bastian's question. "The stories are just that; meaningless entertainment. However, I'm beginning to suspect that the worlds are even more interconnected than most people realize. It makes me wonder whether all those grim, bloody fables were as made up as we all believed. I shudder to think what would happen to us if we stumbled across something really nasty like the Ghost of Sparta."

Yeah, running into Kratos would be...bad news. The Spartan captain was not one to talk much. His idea of an introduction usually involved an axe-like shortsword to the face, followed closely by dismemberment.

--------------------
PM
^
Tarkya
 Posted: Jul 19 2013, 06:40 PM
Veteran

The sun will rise.

"Well then," Bastian said, scratching at the ground with one claw. "Maybe that means someone out there knows my story, too."

Even if it meant there were people out there who saw him as nothing more than a character, even if it meant that his deepest secrets were bared, the idea that his actions were immortalized somewhere and that someone would find meaning in them was oddly comforting, even if he'd never admit it.

"It would be best if I looked for my world... having the key to saving it is useless if I can't take it there." He sighed. "Or if the person holding it doesn't know how to use it."

--------------------
PM AIM MSN
^
Auragongal
 Posted: Jul 19 2013, 07:15 PM
Renowned

N/A

"Indeed." Legode said, "We should start looking as soon as possible. However, Bastian I will give you a choice about if you want to continue traveling with me for a while, allow me to take you somewhere you can gain your own ship, or if you want to travel with Drizzt and Ethan." The blue elf looked away after she spoke, almost as if she was a little hurt about the idea of the asmodean she just met leaving.

Drizzt raised an eyebrow at this, and then looked over to Ethan and crossed his arms to think over what he said. His story being meaningless entertainment? That was something the ranger was having a hard time believing. And while he was curious about this Ghost of Sparta, he decided to ask about it later getting the feeling that they may be starting to spend too much time here.

"I believe we should be leaving soon then." Drizzt then said, "The sooner we leave, the sooner we can continue Ethan's training, and find our home worlds."

--------------------
Characters:
Legode Rydrion, the Blue Skinned Druid(Please keep in mind that while Legode is female, she looks highly bifauxnen/ manly in appearance. She never really developed in the chest area. Also has a Dire Wolf as her druidic animal companion. Do not call said companion a puppy/treat him like a house pet.)
PM Email
^
Wahnsinniger
 Posted: Jul 19 2013, 07:28 PM
Powerful

N/A

"Hey, come on. I'm working on it, alright? Just give me a little time, if your world is as packed with magical warlords as you say it is I doubt it'll fall too quickly. That said, I should probably try to hurry." Ethan groused at the pointed comment, his pride stung by Bastian's insinuation of his uselessness. "Anyway, you guys should probably figure out what you're going to do next, since I'm pretty much just tagging along with Drizzt for the forseeable future."

--------------------
PM
^
Tarkya
 Posted: Jul 20 2013, 06:05 PM
Veteran

The sun will rise.

Bastian considered his options. It was kind of nice to travel with Legode, actually... she wasn't asmodian herself, but she at least looked like a friendly face. On the other hand...

"I wouldn't want to get in the way of you looking for your own world, Legode. Getting a ship of my own would be good." The idea of getting his claws on a ship of his own was an interesting one, anyway. "I'm not sure how I feel about separating so soon, though... I don't have any ways of getting back in contact with any of you."

--------------------
PM AIM MSN
^
Auragongal
 Posted: Jul 20 2013, 06:25 PM
Renowned

N/A

"I see." Legode said to Bastian's answer. "Perhaps... we could at least go to one more world together then, so that you might have time to think about your choice some more before we go get you a ship."

In all honesty, Legode had a mix of relief and sadness that Bastian didn't want to go with Drizzt and Ethan, but also wanted to get a ship as soon as he could. Legode put the rest of the food she had with her away as she stood up, as did Drizz, who noticed the blue elf seemed a heartbroken as she quickly touched the necklace she wore.

"Since we seem to have things planned then," Drizzt said before stretching slightly, "we best get back on our own journies. Until we meet again."

--------------------
Characters:
PM Email
^
Wahnsinniger
 Posted: Jul 20 2013, 07:12 PM
Powerful

N/A

"Yeah, okay." Ethan yawned, the heat and food coming together to make him just a bit drowsy. Standing up and slapping some loose grass off of his pants, the slightly sleepy human took a moment to wipe the sweat off of his forehead and scalp with the tail of his shirt before ambling over to stand next to Drizzt, in preparation for their departure.

"See you guys whenever we see you. Don't let the darklings tear out your souls, okay?"

--------------------
PM
^
Tarkya
 Posted: Jul 20 2013, 11:29 PM
Veteran

The sun will rise.

"Right..." Bastian nodded to Legode. He knew a request for company when he heard it, or he liked to think he did. "Another world, then."

He stood up, feeling the heat himself, and turned towards Ethan and Drizzt. "As for you too... may your training go well. We should finish that duel properly when we meet again." He straightened up and saluted, his right arm across his chest and his first thumping where his heart was. "Blood for blood."

He dropped his hand, and turned to Legode, nodding to show he was ready to depart himself.

--------------------
PM AIM MSN
^
Auragongal
 Posted: Jul 21 2013, 09:13 AM
Renowned

N/A

Great... stuck with this guy for another world. Yethrys growled when he heard the asmodean's answer. Legode on the other hand glanced with her good eye at the wolf before smiling a bit at Zikel.

"Thank you." she said, though she did raise an eyebrow at the goodbye Bastian gave Drizzt and Ethan, but nodded at Ethan's goodbye. "Do not worry about us Ethan, I'm sure we will be able to survive. Though, good luck with your training Ethan, and Drizzt, I wish you luck in your search for our homeworld. Until next we meet." Legode then headed toward the save point, Yethrys following after he gave Ethan and Drizzt a look as if to tell them not to die out there and followed Legode as she left the world.

"Let us go then, you still have a punishment to carry out Ethan." Drizzt said, before heading to the save point himself and entering it to board his ship, the Silver Streams.

--------------------
Characters:
PM Email
^
Wahnsinniger
 Posted: Jul 21 2013, 09:20 AM
Powerful

N/A

"Oh happy day. I'm wetting myself in anticipation." Ethan deadpanned as he followed the Drow over to the ring of light, before stepping through it in a rush of magic. Whatever Drizzt had in store, he doubted it would be too bad. After all, he couldn't do much world-saving if he died learning how to do it.

--------------------
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (5) « First ... 3 4 5 
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
RPG-D || Teen Titans GO~ || The Games

Disclaimer: using the Split Lock skin by DoubleXXCross will not give you a suit of armour.
But even if it did, you can still very much get shot in the face.