photo the_inter.png

<% NEWS %>
Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

» Jungle Troopers, This /is/ the Digital World, right...?
Tarkya
 Posted: Apr 30 2015, 07:24 PM
Veteran

The sun will rise.

Group: Global Moderator
Member No.: 8

...and everything changed.

Sarah could have almost convinced herself that she'd just been momentarily blinded by the sun glinting off the phone screen if it hadn't been raining. Or maybe the phone had hit her with its flash, even though it didn't have a front-facing flash. There was a whole lot of things that could've just happened, and all of them were things that didn't end with her in the ruins of an overgrown treehouse in the middle of a sweltering jungle.

And yet, here she was.

It'd only taken one glimpse over the edge of the walkway to convince her that she wasn't going to be going down into the jungle anytime soon. There were probably leopards down there anyway, or jaguars, or whatever it was that lived in jungles. It was cool enough in the tree house, at least. No food or water, though. That was a problem.

She sat on the stairs next to her jacket and sighed, before looking at her cellphone. Fifteen minutes since she'd gotten here, if the clock was accurate. A battery that was slowly but surely going down. And then, of course, there was the "digivice" app, and the egg on the screen with it. She had a lot of thoughts about that.

"You know, you could've shown up a couple of years ago when I was really excited about this stuff," she said, poking the egg with a thumb and watching it wiggle in response. She sighed again, something she'd been doing a lot of in the past few minutes. "If this is what I think it is... I hope we meet soon..."

--------------------
PM AIM MSN
^
Auragongal
 Posted: Apr 30 2015, 08:17 PM
Renowned

N/A

Group: Character Moderator
Member No.: 7

Liv Stevens exited the save point, and whistled as she found herself inside the tree house.

"Huh, so it's Tarzan huh?" she said, "I didn't think this would would still be around after the whole lawsuit thing. Eh, probably not visited very often anyway."

As the summoner walked, she noticed two things: The first, was that it was pretty damn hot, and with the new "headband of disguise" Nate had given her, she quickly changed her outfit into a tank-top and shorts with a light armored vest. The second thing she noticed however, was just how high up the tree house was. Looking down, she gulped as she backed away from the side and moved along cautiously, hoping the floor wouldn't collapse from under her.

It was then she noticed that there was someone else nearby, and grinned.

"Hi there!" she said, hoping to get the other girl's attention.

--------------------
Characters:
Legode Rydrion, the Blue Skinned Druid(Please keep in mind that while Legode is female, she looks highly bifauxnen/ manly in appearance. She never really developed in the chest area. Also has a Dire Wolf as her druidic animal companion. Do not call said companion a puppy/treat him like a house pet.)
Drizzt Do'Urden(Canon Character)
Aria Token(Mute, Hotblooded, Battling Ballerina)
PM Email
^
Aragonius
 Posted: Apr 30 2015, 08:33 PM
Veteran

N/A

Group: Members
Member No.: 50

Nathaniel Samuels exited soon after and found Liv addressing another girl. He was about to join in the conversation when he noticed their current altitude and was struck by a dizzying sense of vertigo. Without the benefit of wings or some other means of magical flight to reassure him the wizard had a hard time dealing with heights. He did his best to beat back the mounting desire to transform into a winged elf. He tried telling himself. If I do fall I can always just cast feather fall. It's saved me before Despite reminding himself of this he still felt very little reassurance. He reached out to Liv's hand for comfort before finally gaining some semblance of composure.

"So ah, do you know her?" Nate then asked quietly.

--------------------
Characters
(Robot "Wizard") | (Aspiring Archmage) | (Reluctant Mad Artificer)
(Incubus Inventor)

PM Email
^
D241
 Posted: Apr 30 2015, 08:46 PM
Experienced

N/A

Member No.: 71

Masamune had been walking for almost an hour when he spotted the distinct outline of a house, built in a tree no less.

"These natives must have reason to fear being on the ground," He muttered to the air.

The climb would be easy enough, but by the look of things the house was possibly old and rickety.

"Well, no sense in standing around," he told himself as he took the first step on his ascent.

--------------------
PM
^
Tarkya
 Posted: Apr 30 2015, 09:27 PM
Veteran

The sun will rise.

Sarah looked up from her phone with a blank stare at the girl who had appeared, seemingly from nowhere. It didn't seem like she had noticed her at first, saying something instead about "Tarzan", but then she turned to her with a grin and a greeting that caused her to visibly startle.

"Uh, hi," she said, raising a hand in greeting, and proceeded to startle again - there was someone else here now, who she was also sure hadn't been there before. Teleportation...? she thought, and then shook her head. "Did you guys get sucked into here too?" she asked.

--------------------
PM AIM MSN
^
Auragongal
 Posted: May 1 2015, 12:25 PM
Renowned

N/A

"Kind of." Liv said, "I got sucked in and landed in the bright and beautiful Destiny Island. While he ended up starting off in the Dark city making up The World that Never Was. We took a ship to get to this place though, you're in the Deep Jungle from Tarzan by the way. Anywho, I'm Liv, and my friend here is Nate. It's nice to meet ya, so what's your name?"

Since it was obvious Liv didn't know this girl, her actions also pretty much answered Nate's question as well.

--------------------
Characters:
Legode Rydrion, the Blue Skinned Druid(Please keep in mind that while Legode is female, she looks highly bifauxnen/ manly in appearance. She never really developed in the chest area. Also has a Dire Wolf as her druidic animal companion. Do not call said companion a puppy/treat him like a house pet.)
PM Email
^
Aragonius
 Posted: May 1 2015, 02:12 PM
Veteran

N/A

"Heh we are now currently inside video game worlds. Most of them are from the kingdom hearts series but according to the Liv there are worlds for pretty much any game out there." Nate chimed in trying to take his mind of the dizzying altitude. "Welcome to the Interferance club. I am no longer the most noobish member." He then said with a grin.

--------------------
Characters
(Incubus Inventor)

PM Email
^
D241
 Posted: May 1 2015, 02:29 PM
Experienced

N/A

Masamune looked down. He was at a dizzying height now and he'd just reached the base of the treehouse. A primal fear rose to the forefront of his mind, overshadowing any misgivings he felt at entering the tree house proper.

He hustle up the walkway, carefully picking his path so that he was alway in the middle; all of his concentration was focused on the placement of his feet. So much so that he didn't so much as glance at the radar on his HUD until he was well within the treehouse's inner workings.

He sighed in relief and looked up from his his intensely interesting feet...

...And found that his lack of attention had caused him to walk into clear view of three humaniods.

"Uh...," he uttered dumbly.

--------------------
PM
^
Tarkya
 Posted: May 1 2015, 03:45 PM
Veteran

The sun will rise.

"You... what?" Sarah grabbed her jacket as she stood up, trying to process all the information that had been dumped on her. Destiny Islands? Deep Jungle? Kingdom Hearts?

"Hold on a second. What do you mean, Kingdom Hearts? This isn't..." the Digital World, she wanted to say, but already it sounded wrong and childish to say, so she let the sentence trail off. "What the heck do you mean by 'the interference club-'"

And she froze, her eyes going wide as someone else walked into the treehouse - this one heavily armored.

"Er..."

--------------------
PM AIM MSN
^
Auragongal
 Posted: May 1 2015, 03:50 PM
Renowned

N/A

"The short version is... you got sucked in through a video game and for some reason ended up in the world of Kingdom hearts. Side effects include powers, strange abilities, odd adventures, oh, and possible sidekicks." Liv said, before looking at the stranger that showed up.

"Who the blazes is that guy?"

--------------------
Characters:
PM Email
^
Aragonius
 Posted: May 1 2015, 04:04 PM
Veteran

N/A

"Beats me." Nate remarked as he found himself trying to think of any low level divination effects that would allow him to rectify that. Upon noticing however that this guy seemed to be taken just as much off gaurd as they were he decided to risk saying. "Greetings stranger. Do you come in peace?"

--------------------
Characters
(Incubus Inventor)

PM Email
^
D241
 Posted: May 1 2015, 04:34 PM
Experienced

N/A

Masamune was suddenly and very glad he was wearing his helmet because it hid look of stupidity on his face.

"Language analysis complete, Operator," Ordis chimmed.

"Uh, I suppose that would depend on your intentions," he replied, looking at each of the group in turn. None of them appeared to be a threat, or even a challange. Looks, however, could be deceiving.

It was time to tread lightly.

--------------------
PM
^
Tarkya
 Posted: May 1 2015, 05:56 PM
Veteran

The sun will rise.

"You... you're serious, aren't you," Sarah said, her gaze still on the armored person. Which spoke. And said 'uh'. That probably meant there was a person behind that suit of armor, at least. Still, Sarah couldn't help but be wary, especially with all the weirdness that was already happening.

"This is all just..." too much, she thought, her mind awash with confusion to the point that she nearly missed the cheerful alert chime of her phone. Glad for the distraction and hoping it wouldn't be seen as an aggressive action, she chanced a glance at the screen and saw what was probably the worst thing to add onto the situation - the egg was hatching. "Oh no, not now- ah!"

The phone's vibrated violently and Sarah dropped it, sending it skittering across the floor. It came to a stop in the middle of the group, still vibrating, and suddenly emitted a burst of energy, which faded and resolved into a small, round creature about the size of a basketball. It yawned, showing off a few sharp teeth, and blinked up at the group.

"Re?"

--------------------
PM AIM MSN
^
Auragongal
 Posted: May 1 2015, 06:08 PM
Renowned

N/A

If there was one thing Liv hadn't counted on, it was something coming out of a phone. Not just any something either, but something that looked like a digimon.

Liv then squealed and knelt down to get a closer look at the little newborn digital monster and grinned.

"Oh my gods its so cute~" she said, "What's your name little guy? Can you talk yet? Oooh... you're so adorable! I have an adorable summon too named Neko, she's a kitten and fluffy and I hope you're friendly little guy, because you look so cute!"

--------------------
Characters:
PM Email
^
Aragonius
 Posted: May 1 2015, 06:33 PM
Veteran

N/A

Nate could not deny the little guy was adorable. Despite that he only afforded him a relatively quick glance. He wanted to keep his eyes on the armored stranger. He couldn't read his facial expression so he had to be alert for any other cues that might alert them to hostile intent on his part. "What do you mean our intention?" He asked while putting a hand on Liv's shoulder. "I can only really speak for the two of us when I say our intentions are just that of explorers. As for this woman and her newborn critter, we've only just met them but she seems to be lost and disoriented. If those are intentions you are unable to make peace with however I'm sure Liv would agree with me when I say we are prepared to defend ourselves and these two from you if need be. So what will it be? Are we going to be having problems or do you come in peace?"

--------------------
Characters
(Incubus Inventor)

PM Email
^
D241
 Posted: May 1 2015, 07:06 PM
Experienced

N/A

The sudden appearance of the ball-shaped creature threw Masamune for a moment. Not only did it seemily appear from the strange rectangular devise one of the females carried but it also appeared organic in nature.

And then his training kicked in and he had to resist the impulse to draw his pistol to shoot the thing.

"Ordis, scan that thing," he ordered, ignoring the skinny male. Memories of fighting the grotesquely malformed Infested reared their ugly heads. If this creature was viral spore it would have to be put out of its misery before it could spread.

"Scaning." Masamune waited for a few tense moments, unconsciously inching for his acrid pistol the whole while.

"Scan complete operator." A pause. "Oh my! Operator, do you know what this is!"

"No, but I have my suspicions," he muttered. Ordis had been on the fritz ever since their crash landing and his exicted could honestly mean anything.

"It is a digitized being that has been converted to flesh! How -static- disgusting -static- wonderful!"

Masamune's hand stopped. He closed his eyes and tried to slow his racing heartbeat with a basic breathing technique.

After a few short moments, his eyes openned and his body relaxed.

He turned back to the male.

"Forgive me," he said. "When I first awoke, it was to an enemy force trying to overrun my brothers and sisters."

He bowed his head apologitically.

"I mean you no harm."

--------------------
PM
^
Tarkya
 Posted: May 1 2015, 07:46 PM
Veteran

The sun will rise.

"That's... a digimon," Sarah said, staring. "A real digimon..."

The little creature seemed startled by Liv's sudden squeal, and her ensuing attention did little to improve its mood. After a few moments of increasing tension it suddenly bristled its fur and opened it's mouth as wide as it could with a high pitched growl.

"Oh geez, uh..." She knew this one. What was it called... oh, right. "Dodomon." Sarah called out, and the creature snapped its mouth shut, its ears pricking towards her voice as it rotated to face the source. "That's your name, right?"

The Dodomon stared. Then its eyes began to sparkle, and with a cheerful cry it bounced past Liv, and with a few more springs landed itself into the arms of a very surprised Sarah. "Re!"

"Oh, um. Hi." She blinked at it a few times, and then shook her head. There were other things to be paying attention to here. "Uh... that sounds like a terrible thing to wake up to," she said. "It's... nice to meet you...?"

--------------------
PM AIM MSN
^
Auragongal
 Posted: May 3 2015, 11:32 AM
Renowned

N/A

"Okay, we have a soldier, a wizard, a probable new mom to a baby digimon, and myself the summoner."Liv said crossing her arms, and trying hard not to squeal again at how cute Dodomon was while looking over at said soldier. "Anyway, nice to meet ya! I'm Liv, and as I said I'm a summoner... and I got a magic sword. Weird story behind that."

--------------------
Characters:
PM Email
^
Aragonius
 Posted: May 3 2015, 12:59 PM
Veteran

N/A

"I'm Nathaniel, most people call me Nat or Nate. Heh, becoming an interference gave me access to wizardry and magic in general." The skinny black mage said before adding in regards to Sarah. "Hmm it seems to have made you DigiDestined which is also pretty awesome." Then directing his next words at the soldier in particular he asked. "So what do you have going on armor dude? It's clear you are an interference too cause you certainly don't belong on this particular world. Hmm but are you internal or external? Do you come from 21st century AD earth?"

--------------------
Characters
(Incubus Inventor)

PM Email
^
D241
 Posted: May 3 2015, 01:33 PM
Experienced

N/A

Masamune was confused. This Nate character clearly knew something of what had happened to him and why he found himself on this strange jungle world. The mention of his and Liv's power was also disturbing.

In his world, the techniques of the Tenno were regarded as mystical in nature by other races. It was mostly because of the advanced Orokin technology being all but unobtainable for them. To hear of others that could produce results was a shock.

"From your words, I can assume that none of you originate from this world," he said. "Perhaps you might be able to help better understand my situation."

He looked at the one calling himself Nate.

"And, if you must call me something, my name is Masamune of the Tenno, not 'armor dude'."

--------------------
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
RPG-D || Teen Titans GO~ || The Games

Disclaimer: using the Split Lock skin by DoubleXXCross will not give you a suit of armour.
But even if it did, you can still very much get shot in the face.