photo the_inter.png

Welcome to the Interference: Multiverse, a video game crossover roleplayed inspired by The Interference fanfiction series by Newbiespud.

Quick Links
Updates

Last Updated: 11/6/2017

Last update for anyone who still visits the forum here. Most of us have moved to a new location. If you want to find us then we are located here: Scrap City

Join Chat Server
Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

» Jungle Troopers, This /is/ the Digital World, right...?
Tarkya
 Posted: May 3 2015, 02:41 PM
Veteran

The sun will rise.

Group: Global Moderator
Member No.: 8

"Uh, yeah. Not a mom, thanks," Sarah muttered, idly scratching Dodomon between the ears. A digidestined? Tamer's probably more accurate, I don't think I'd be chosen for anything...

"My name's Sarah. You've already met Dodomon." The creature purred in response. "I'm about as lost as you are. These guys seem to have a clue, though."

Warframe... that sounded familiar. Wasn't that something from her world?

--------------------
PM AIM MSN
^
Auragongal
 Posted: May 3 2015, 03:21 PM
Renowned

N/A

Group: Character Moderator
Member No.: 7

"Lady, you now have a newborn digimon... you're going to have to raise the little guy, you know?" Liv said, before chuckling a bit. "Anyway, the short version of what's going on is due to shenanigans... we're stuck in another world and can pretty much changes things in regards to destiny of each world we go to... I think. That's what the voice in my head and I kind of concluded in a private chat anyway."

--------------------
Characters:
Legode Rydrion, the Blue Skinned Druid(Please keep in mind that while Legode is female, she looks highly bifauxnen/ manly in appearance. She never really developed in the chest area. Also has a Dire Wolf as her druidic animal companion. Do not call said companion a puppy/treat him like a house pet.)
Drizzt Do'Urden(Canon Character)
Aria Token(Mute, Hotblooded, Battling Ballerina)
PM Email
^
Aragonius
 Posted: May 3 2015, 04:39 PM
Veteran

N/A

Group: Members
Member No.: 50

Nate found himself almost wanting to face-palm a bit as he said. "Dear I think mentioning the voice in your head should perhaps be something you save for after you've managed to establish credibility with the lost and confused people you are trying to explain things to..." He instead then let out a bit of a sigh and continued. "I've been doing some extensive reading on the subject recently." Hehe 'Scholars Touch' is so useful... he thought momentarily. That particular spell let him read and comprehend entire books at a rate of one book every 6 seconds. "And from my research this is what I've gathered so far." Having said this, Nate began casting "Minor Image".

A 10 ft cube of space hovering in easy sight of all of them suddenly was filled by illusory darkness. Darkness that Nate began to fill with the twinkling lights and nebulae of gummi space. Soon it also began to be populated by floating models of the various worlds like a 3D map of the multiverse. Now with the benefit of his magical illustration Nate began to explain things.

"We are currently within a multiverse of connected worlds created by the actions of the first interference, an individual named Alexander Karsath. The first worlds he interfered with were the worlds of Kingdom Hearts II, and because of that the rest of the multiverse now broadly follows that setting's laws. Each game universe exists as a world which can be travelled to by Gummi Space, and each one of these worlds has a heart and a door that protects it. Each world also has a connection to the Dark Corridors that the heartless travel, making them vulnerable to invasion and, if a keyhole is located, being consumed to darkness." As he said this Nate had his illusion generate animated depictions of a gummi ship in flight, heartless, the dark corridors, and a generic example of a world's keyhole.

"The worlds in the multiverse seem to spawn randomly, save for those directly interfered upon. Often, all it takes is seeking out a particular game world to cause it to form. According to the texts I've read the act of interfering creates worlds but personaly I feel it's more likely that we are merely creating new links to already existent worlds." The illusion reverted back to the 3D map and it showed new non kingdom hearts related worlds winking into existence along with new gummi ship routes that linked them to the rest of the greater multiverse. Soon the new worlds began to exceed the current bounds of the illusory cube and Nate had it expand to accommodate them. He hoped this would handily illustrate the ever expanding nature of the multiverse.

"In some cases, a world has its own unique laws that can be enforced upon visitors. Interferences might find themselves transformed into animals or their appearances altered to suit the environment, much like the Pride Lands or Halloween Town. However, any innate powers an interference possesses remains so long as they possess the means to use them, allowing one to bring magic into a world without it like Amestris." Nate showed images of Sora along with the transformation he remembered the key-blade wielder had gone through in Atlantica during the first Kingdom Hearts game. Despite binging on a bunch of lore books he'd still only actually played the first game and thus he was more confident in the accuracy of his illustrated images that were based off of it.

"A world, once connected, will possess at least one “save point”, a glowing green circle that serves as a point of entry and exit from the world. They also fully restore a person’s health and stamina. Save points are only visible to people who are aware of other worlds and have traveled between them - to anyone else, it will appear as if a user is appearing and disappearing into midair." He then finished saying while now projecting an image of the very save point he and Liv had just recently stepped out of.

http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Minor_Image

--------------------
Characters
(Robot "Wizard") | (Aspiring Archmage) | (Reluctant Mad Artificer)
(Incubus Inventor)

PM Email
^
D241
 Posted: May 3 2015, 05:16 PM
Experienced

N/A

Member No.: 71

Masamune couldn't tell exactly how he felt about Nate's info dump. One the one hand, he was a bit overwhelmed. Not only had he just witnessed proof of Nate's power but he'd also learned his powers would continue to be effective for the foreseeable future. He was overjoyed when Nate explained that there could possibly be a way to return back to his world, but the joy was tempered by the knowledge that there were more possible threats to the sleeping Tenno.

The bit about the interference of other worlds was a bit out of his field of expertise as was the explanation of heartless and keyhole and their dark purpose.

Perhaps he could find purpose here while he searched for a means to repair his ship.

Then, a horrifying thought struck him.

"Nate," he began, "if I could travel to my world and back, could other from my world do the same?"

He almost dreaded the answer.

--------------------
PM
^
Tarkya
 Posted: May 3 2015, 10:04 PM
Veteran

The sun will rise.

Sarah couldn't help but be amazed at the illusion that Nate had conjured from midair, to the point where she had trouble focusing on his informational dump. It didn't help that Dodomon had started to squirm in her arms, its eyes sparkling as the lecture continued.

"So... some guy self-inserted, and now everyone else gets to do it too?" That sounds like a fanfic. She tried to shift the squirming Dodomon to one arm, but it simply took advantage of her motion and escaped her arms, bouncing into the illusion with a squeak. It began to snap at the models of worlds, only to come up short in actually getting anything.

Taking advantage of its distraction, Sarah went to pick up her phone and stared at it. It was reading information about Dodomon now - apparently it was getting hungry. "All this happened because I was bored on the bus...?"

--------------------
PM AIM MSN
^
Auragongal
 Posted: May 4 2015, 12:24 PM
Renowned

N/A

"As I said before, shenanigans." Liv said, before giggling a bit at Dodomon trying to bite the illusions Nate had made. Digging into her bag, the summoner then pulled out a small bag of jerky, opened it up, and then offered the largest piece to the baby digimon.

"Here ya go little guy, hungry?"

--------------------
Characters:
Legode Rydrion, the Blue Skinned Druid(Please keep in mind that while Legode is female, she looks highly bifauxnen/ manly in appearance. She never really developed in the chest area. Also has a Dire Wolf as her druidic animal companion. Do not call said companion a puppy/treat him like a house pet.)
PM Email
^
Aragonius
 Posted: May 4 2015, 01:02 PM
Veteran

N/A

Nate finally relinquished focused control of his spell, which proceeded to dissipate over the next 12 seconds. The adorable little mon's antics had been a bit distracting but well within the means of his concentration skill checks. In regards to Masamune's questions he found himself saying "Hmm, my understanding is that the interference phenomenon is relatively rare but even so we can't really rule out the possibility of other interferences from your world. That and the fact that once a world is connected to the greater multiverse, gummi blocks will start being seeded upon it via meteor showers. Constructing a world crossing vessel from gummi material apparently isn't all to complex of an engineering feat from what I've heard and read." In fact Nate wanted to try his hand at constructing his own gummi ship eventually but before he got around to that he really wanted to get Merlin to show him how to make structures bigger on the inside.

To Sarah he then said. "Yep pretty much although not quite everyone. As I said before it seems like it's a relatively rare phenomenon. I have no idea who or what selects us and for what reasons but given my own and Liv's experience with the phenomenon there's no doubt in my mind that we were chosen." The matter of who or what had sent him and Liv the messages that had drawn them into this multiverse was a question that stilled burned in the inquisitive wizard's mind. The desire to find an answer to the mystery had played much more than a small part in convincing him to give the spontaneous divination feat a try even if it meant he had to suck up to a god to get the power. At the very least Sharess is a pretty chill goddess but still... He groused internally. Even so he disliked the fact that he was now beholden to a higher power if only partially. His favorite part of Arcane magic over Divine magic was that there was most often very little to no oversight regarding grand ambitions to potentially throttle the heavens.

--------------------
Characters
(Incubus Inventor)

PM Email
^
D241
 Posted: May 4 2015, 03:02 PM
Experienced

N/A

Nate's explanation did little to ease Masamune's fears. The fact that the chance of another from his world finding a way into the greater multiverse was small was a relief, but the fact remained that it was still possible.

He dreaded to think what would happen if the Grinneer, or worse a victim of the infestation, were to find their way into the multiverse.

His ship needed to be repaired, and quickly.

"Then, it appears that I have found a new purpose for myself," he said. Turning to Nate, he asked, "Would I be able to repair my ship using these gummi blocks you speak of? If so, where would I find them?"

--------------------
PM
^
Tarkya
 Posted: May 5 2015, 12:17 PM
Veteran

The sun will rise.

"Should've chosen someone who was a little better equipped for all this." That guy had magic, that other guy had some kind of powered armor, and that lady had... what did she say? Summoning? A magic sword?

And, from the way Dodomon had snatched the jerky from Liv's hands and started chewing it with relish, her(?) digimon's affection. At least the 'fullness' meter had gone up.

"You could usually find gummi blocks lying around the games, I know. That, or you picked them up from killing heartless in space. They're kind of big candy-colored things, though... I don't know if they'd work with any old spaceship."

--------------------
PM AIM MSN
^
Auragongal
 Posted: May 5 2015, 03:22 PM
Renowned

N/A

Liv, seeing that Dodomon was happy, then offered the digimon the rest of the jerky, letting it eat it's fill as she listened to the conversation.

"She's got a point," Liv then said, "If gummiblocks were compatible with something like a giant robot, it'd probably be pretty damn cool, but it's also extremely unlikely. But, I guess stranger things have happened."

--------------------
Characters:
PM Email
^
Aragonius
 Posted: May 5 2015, 03:51 PM
Veteran

N/A

"Oh? My understanding was that gummi blocks were remarkably malleable and adaptable to all sorts of applications hence why constructing a ship out of them is so simple." Nate remarked. He himself was considering building a small one from scratch rather than taking the freebie from Cid. "But yeah it seems that once a world becomes connected to the multiverse at large, the extradimensional barrier that envelopes it begins to crumble and rain down onto the world as gummi blocks. This phenomenon is apparently most often perceived by the inhabitants of a world as frequent meteor showers in the days following the initial piercing of the barrier." The incantar then said before adding. "This world, Deep Jungle should still have lingering gumi blocks scattered about from the collapse of it's barrier."

--------------------
Characters
(Incubus Inventor)

PM Email
^
D241
 Posted: May 5 2015, 04:16 PM
Experienced

N/A

He watched the small ball of fluff munch on its treat as he listened. Admittedly, it was cute, almost like a baby kuboro in a way.

"Whatever the case may be, I will need to search for a way to bring my ship back to full functionality," he told them. "Ordis will be able to keep the ship space worthy but more than that will require repairs."

He made to remove his helm, unlatching the clasps and pulling his head free. He took a breath of fresh air that hadn't gone through recycling vents several times.

"Much better."

--------------------
PM
^
Tarkya
 Posted: May 6 2015, 06:17 PM
Veteran

The sun will rise.

Dodomon seemed pleased by the new quantity of jerky, and cheerfully went to town on it. Well, it's just a baby I guess, Sarah thought, but she still couldn't help but wonder if food equaled imprinting when it came to digimon.

She blinked at bit as Masamune took off his helmet. Sure, she'd assumed there was a person under the helmet, but seeing it was another story. She forced herself to stop staring, instead shifting her attention back to the current subject.

"I guess that depends on how much Sora scrounged for gummi blocks here... wow, that's a weird thought. Is Sora actually... you know?" She would've been ecstatic to meet him, once... "And even if they do have the blocks, I can't imagine it'd be easy or very safe to go hunting for them. It's still a jungle down there."

--------------------
PM AIM MSN
^
Auragongal
 Posted: May 7 2015, 12:05 PM
Renowned

N/A

"Well, I got here while playing KH3D, so if he is here somewhere, maybe he's taking that exam... and well, getting into major trouble as well." Liv said, "As for block hunting... I dunno... I always figured it was like an event or something not just a random drop."

--------------------
Characters:
PM Email
^
Aragonius
 Posted: May 7 2015, 01:12 PM
Veteran

N/A

"I think our best bet for finding gummi blocks is to go off the rails so to speak." Nate commented. "We need to go beyond the bounds of the game world that Sora explored. Everything beyond those invisible walls should be unspoiled territory that he hasn't potentially tampered with. Those areas probably follow rules more akin the world's lore than the abstracted mechanics of the game per say... In the main games if I recall correctly, Sora mostly found on-world, gummi blocks inside of chests or from trinity marks. But according to the Ansem Reports the way they rained from the sky also suggests that they should be littering the ground perhaps in impact craters since they are in effect meteorites." The wizard then concluded.

"I really want to try trawling the jungle for blocks now, but I suppose it would be better to get you to Radiant Garden sooner rather than later." he then said to Sarah. "You're new to this whole interference thing and it's probably a good idea to get you and you baby mon to a relatively safe world where you can better get a handle of things..." He said this almost a bit glumly as he realized that his resource gathering expedition would probably have to fall to the way side. To Masamune he added "Oh and hmm depending on the condition of your ship you could either try your luck scouring the jungle for the fallen blocks or go directly to the source up in orbit. The heartless have formed hostile vessels out of the remaining blocks that haven't fallen down to the ground so if you destroy a few you can try salvaging their remains." This was actually probably the best option for amassing gummi material. The rewards however came with a degree of risk that he wasn't willing to ask Liv to put her ship through on his behalf.

--------------------
Characters
(Incubus Inventor)

PM Email
^
D241
 Posted: May 7 2015, 02:16 PM
Experienced

N/A

"My ship isn't equipped with weapons," he said. "We Tenno rely mostly on stealth to get close to our enemies." He thought from a moment. If it was possible to infiltrate one of these ships he could possibly destroy it from within and escape to a safe distance. Then, he'd have more than more than enough parts for his ship. He'd need better weapons if he were to assault the internal workings of an enemy ship.

"It's still space worthy for the most part but I'd need parts to repair it to full functionality. If I could get close enough, I could infiltrate and try to destroy in from within, though, I am not equipped for such a task."

--------------------
PM
^
Tarkya
 Posted: May 8 2015, 01:35 PM
Veteran

The sun will rise.

"I don't think you can really 'infiltrate' a heartless... they're more like giant space bugs than ships, I thought." Sarah paused, thinking back to distant memories of playing Kingdom Hearts. "At least, in the second game they were."

Sarah briefly rubbed her face - it was getting hot and she was getting a little stressed. As if sensing that, Dodomon turned away from its bounty of meat scraps to hop to her feet with an inquisitive growl. She looked down and smiled, bending down to stroke the little digimon between the ears. "I'd hate to interrupt your plans to go jungle trawling, but I don't know how well I'd keep up. It sounds like you've all been at this for a while while I... well, we'd probably hold you back."

Dodomon growled slightly in response. It probably didn't mean anything, though.

--------------------
PM AIM MSN
^
Aragonius
 Posted: May 10 2015, 12:05 AM
Veteran

N/A

"Hmm I think Liv would agree with me that getting you and your baby mon to safety take precedence over trekking through the jungle. So yeah I suppose you should come back with us to our ship. I suppose I'll have to try coming back to this world some other day." Nate said. Not wanting to make her feel bad about this he then said. "I haven't actually been at this all that long myself. It's only about a month and a half ago that Liv and some friends of hers saved me from The World That Never Was. Heh I spawned in the middle of endgame territory and I wouldn't be alive were it not for the blessing of meeting this angel here." Nate's tail darted out to wrap around Liv's waist and gently pull her into a hugging embrace as he added. "So yeah I'm happy to help you out if I can and I know Liv is too sweet of a person to leave you stranded. You'll get the hang of this in no time, and then eventually when you meet some future noob in over his or her head you'll be able to help them out too eh?"

Looking over to Masamune the wizard then said. "Gummi space has thin but breathable air so hopefully that should ease any efforts to physically assault an enemy craft. Hmm your best bet would probably be to lure a single enemy craft to a remote location and then find a way to quickly close the distance to the point that you are too close to effectively target with conventional weaponry. After that you can hopefully hack away at it until it is disabled. Sarah does raise the interesting point of it perhaps not actually having an interior but if so then that just means it's an even more dense mass of usable gummi material for the purposes of repairing and augmenting your ship."

Looking back to Sarah the mage then said. "So I guess we should probably get going then? Unless there's some business on this world you need to take care of?" Then nuzzling Liv he asked. "How about you dear? Is there anything you want to do on this world before we go?" His tail caressed her cheek as he did so. At times it felt almost like the appendage had a bit of a mind of it's own and right now it was feeling highly affectionate. This was bleeding back over into Nate and making him more comfortable with publicly displaying his affection. This was despite him normally having a much shyer disposition that belied his pervy nature.

--------------------
Characters
(Incubus Inventor)

PM Email
^
Auragongal
 Posted: May 10 2015, 09:11 AM
Renowned

N/A

Liv blushed thanks to Nate's antics. "Er... w-well... um..." she stammered out, before hearing Jak speak up in her head.

Kid's in Blush-con four! She's going to overheat! Kid, say something to him, will ya?

"Uh... s-sure..." she said, before passing out and looking as red as a tomato.

--------------------
Characters:
PM Email
^
D241
 Posted: May 11 2015, 12:44 PM
Experienced

N/A

"The female appears to have suffered from an overheat," Ordis said. Masamune just looked away trying to hide the slight smile of embarrassment that crossed his face. His fellow Tenno had engaged in such displays of affection during the war so it was nothing he hadn't seen before. Still, it didn't ever get easier to watch.

At length, he overcame his social ineptitude enough to speak.

"In any case, it would be wise for me to acquire better equipment before launching such an assault," he said. "My ship should still be able to launch and, hopefully, the stealth systems will still be operational."

He nodded to himself. It seemed like the most prudent option to improve his arsenal; there was no telling what new threats he would face and it would pay to be prepared.

--------------------
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
RPG-D || Teen Titans GO~ || The Games

Disclaimer: using the Split Lock skin by DoubleXXCross will not give you a suit of armour.
But even if it did, you can still very much get shot in the face.