New Poll

» Crash Landing
Gina
 Posted: Dec 20 2016, 04:11 PM
Newcomer

N/A

Group: Members
Member No.: 95

The African rain forest was in the midst of another typical day; gorillas in the trees moved as a pack towards better land while a small group of British environmentalists surveyed the land from the bottom of the enormous trees and bamboo that surrounded them. Far, far above these trees was a most unusual sight. An enormous person-shaped mass of orange was hurtling towards the forest; Samus Aran, the woman within this bulky orange armor, was registering her situation with a degree of tranquil focus. The portal of light that she'd passed through had somehow yanked the bounty hunter out of her ship and into the atmosphere of an alien planet. Attempts to remote pilot the ship in a bid to catch herself were ineffective -- the trail of smoke that peered out over the treeline was a good indication of her ship's fate. This left the course of action to simply preparing for the upcoming impact.

Worry and fear didn't cross Samus's mind, her armor would dampen the impact, she'd survive this, if not unharmed. And yet as she crashed through the vibrant green overgrowth, shattering dozens of branches in the process, a hand reached out for anything that could be grabbed. Branches, long green vines, everything she laid her hand on snapped off and did little to slow her descent. A massive impact, a loud snap, and suddenly the world was spinning in multiple disorienting directions. This repeated with every branch that she smashed into, until one last, booming thud reverberated through the forest as the armored bounty hunter was embedded into a miniature crater on the forest bed.

The fall hurt, and it hurt a lot, but it didn't kill her. The forest cried at her presence, a cacophony of indigenous cries signalling some degree of alarm at her dynamic entry. She laid there, motionless, as the heads up display of her suit's armor flickered back to life. As expected, her armor's integrity wasn't compromised at the cost of several tanks worth of energy shielding, nothing that couldn't be replenished. Slowly, Samus sat up, dirt, tree branches, and leaves fell off of her armor as she got to her feet and gave the surrounding area a cursory scan.

The thermal visor revealed dozens, maybe hundreds of creatures in the trees above. Some were staring down at her, others were in the process of moving to their destinations. None of them were attacking, which was a relief -- it was rare to find a planet that wasn't trying to kill her the second she set foot on it. A quick toggling of the command visor revealed the form of her gun ship far off to the North. With this destination in mind, the bounty hunter began her trek towards the fallen vessel.
PM
^
Pink
 Posted: Dec 20 2016, 06:17 PM
Survivor

N/A

Member No.: 82

Lala opened her eyes from drifting peacefully upon her pond, to find herself somewhere else. She'd barely have time to jerk her head up to scan her surroundings before a massive, orange metallic thing crashed in the the Earth mere yards from her. The dirt it kicked up would shower her, even as she drifted down a massive river. She could feel the Earth shake through the vibrations it caused in the water.

She would recognize the crackling sound of flames, though not the sound of arcing electricity, even as the sounds of all the wildlife threatened to drown out all other noise in its deafening, cacophonous roar.

She'd leap up, standing upon the river as if it were as solid as ground, and run towards the strange vessel. It reminded her of human trucks, but bigger and flying. Was this an aeroplane?

She'd run towards it as fast as she could, witnessing beneath her the bent metal that tore in such a way as to reveal an inner layer full of lights, lightning, and fire. Wait! I think I've heard of this. A... spaceship?

Nah, those aren't real.

Ignorantly, in a desperate attempt to save those that might be trapped, she'd open holes in her chest and eject the water within in powerful, concentrated streams in an attempt to put out the fire. However, when it met the electricity, it conducted.

It would not kill her outright, being mostly made of mass similar to stone, albeit soaked. However the intense heat, and the way it reacted with the water upon her was enough to cause her to discard her physical form, and fall to the ground as a pure gem of lapis lazuli.

There she would lay, on the jungle surface, regenerating, but otherwise completely ignored by the zounds of surrounding wildlife desperate to flee.

She could not react to the world around her. It was her first time being forced to regenerate like this. Her only regret was that she feared she could not help whomever might lie within that strange aeroplane.
PM
^
Gina
 Posted: Dec 20 2016, 07:01 PM
Newcomer

N/A

The jungle wasn't so bad, Samus thought while sprinting through the tangled overgrowth. Nothing was attacking her, the area was wide open and easy to maneuver in, and best of all it was utterly beautiful to boot. The image of the gunship grew ever closer, and as the bounty hunter was poised to enter the clearing it had made, a red flash blinked onto the wing section. A status report floated over her HUD: H20 had come into contact with the wing's inner machinery, causing a mild electrical discharge. Something was near her ship.

The armored huntress slowed to a walk upon entering the clearing. Sure enough, her shuttle was there, sharply embedded in the ground and smoking from several different locations. The repairs would be simple as long as the spare parts in storage were still intact, her chief concern was that sudden intrusion into the wing. At a glance, there were no traces of whatever had caused this flare up, but Samus knew better than to assume that it fled.

Thermal vision was switched on, but nothing in the immediate area outside of her ship was captured in its sight. Cold blooded, possibly capable of eliminating body temperature, thought the huntress. Upon toggling to her scanning function, Samus's attention was drawn to the ground, where a vibrant blue gem lay. A quick analysis registered the gem as an artificial lifeform, and several tables were drawn up with information that would be pulled from the Federation databases.

UNKNOWN LIFE FORM

No matching datafile for scanned life form

Logbook Entry
Species is not registered on any known Galactic Federation databases. Preliminary scans show that subject is an artificial construct with traces of Lapis Lazuli, an Earth-based gem.

It was the first time the Federation database had failed to reference any useful information. Samus knelt down and slowly took the gem into her hand, turning it over to find any sort of aberration. This was an entirely new species, and that scientific urge to study and analyze soon overtook her.
PM
^
Pink
 Posted: Dec 20 2016, 07:33 PM
Survivor

N/A

Suddenly, the gem, shaped like a teardrop, glowed in blindingly white light, and began to rise. It hovered ever higher, until it was a little over five feet off the ground.

Suddenly the light that currently radiated from the gem would expand in to a recognizably humanoid shape. From there definition, such as the outline of a pixie cut, shorts, and a tank top would appear, still bathed in white light.

Then the light faded, and a woman with periwinkle skin, hair of a blue so dark it was almost black, a tank top that was an even lighter blue than her skin, and cerulean shorts that stopped just above her knees would emerge. Her gem now lie just below the center of her collar bone, but above her heart, on her chest. Her figure was slender, lacking in any sort of nubile curve, yet still markedly feminine. She slowly lowered to the ground, eyes still closed while her figure exuded serenity.

Then her eyes opened, and that serenity vanished instantaneously as it noticed the strange being before her that looked like the aeroplane made a person. A startled shriek would escape her, and she'd quickly turn to leap in to the nearby river.
PM
^
Gina
 Posted: Dec 21 2016, 08:31 PM
Newcomer

N/A

The suddenly began to shift in Samus's hand, tugging and pulling for release, she loosened her grip and let the stone float in the air. The humanoid shape that formed around the stone stayed her cannon, she wanted to hope it was friendly. With the body came eyes, a nose, a mouth -- something exactly like a human, yet obviously anything but. This person was a woman, if her race considered factors like gender in their artificial lives. Wanting to get off on the right foot, Samus raised her hand in greetings to the life form.

This proved to be a mistake, for when the creature's eyes opened, she shrieked and dove straight into a river. Samus didn't blame her in the slightest, the power suit certainly cut an intimidating form. The interaction was valuable, at least, for the bounty hunter was made aware that this creature would rather flee than fight. "I'm not going to hurt you," she said as softly as she could, moving towards the edge of the river and kneeling beside it. Briefly, Samus thought back to the reading from the wing; "Did you try to fix my ship?" she asked.
PM
^
Pink
 Posted: Dec 21 2016, 08:58 PM
Survivor

N/A

She'd hit the water just as the being reached the edge of the river. "I'm not..." Using hydrokinesis, several streams of water would rise around her, as she prepared to launch them at the strange aeroplane-being, "going to hurt you."

She froze. This wasn't what she was expecting when she saw the thing, nor when it seemed to pursue her. Her body was eerily still, showing no signs of breathing or biological function. Her body would be as expected of a gem, it's temperature relative to its surroundings. The leap she'd made showed considerable strength and athletic ability, however, for she'd launched herself efficiently to the water, rather than simply jumping and falling like one untrained The water remained suspended, ready to be launched at the aeroplane-being at the slightest provocation. Her next question revealed she was aware of her actions. She thought for a moment before speaking, wondering if she should reveal the fact she understood.

However, her desire to trust in others ultimately prevailed. "Yes." Her voice came out boldly, almost a shout, rather than meekly, "I was trying to save your life. I do not intend to harm you. I will defend myself. Do you understand?" She did not intend insult. It was her first time speaking with another being. She was mostly mimicking phrases she'd overheard on human television.
PM
^
Gina
 Posted: Dec 21 2016, 09:49 PM
Newcomer

N/A

"I do," replied Samus, who registered the water pillars with curiosity, rather than wariness. She let the gem creature state her terms and posture even if the possibility of it harming her in any way was non-existent. Getting the creature to calm down was Samus's top priority. "I'm grateful for your efforts, but..." the sudden spark from the smoky wing have the bounty hunter a short pause, "...I can fix it myself."

With the possibility of a fight put to rest, Samus allowed her visor to turn transparent. Dark blue eyes stared at the creature, narrow and hawkish. "My name is Samus, who are you?" she inquired, "...what are you?" she added, eyes flicking back to the water pillars. The creature had some control over water, perhaps that was a trait of her race?
PM
^
Pink
 Posted: Dec 21 2016, 11:17 PM
Survivor

N/A

"I'm Lapis Lazuli. I'm a Lapis Lazuli. I like Lala." She did not lower her hydrokinetically controlled water, nor her guard, despite wanting to believe the person within who appeared to be a female human as Lala's eyes stared back at hers. "I came from the hole in the ground, in the place with many holes, and it is an unnatural place, and I don't like it." She lowered one arm just enough to point to the large gem of lapis lazuli in her chest, the very same one you previously held, "I am a gem."

Finally, she'd ask what was on her mind, "Why do you wear an aeroplane? Do you fly?" Her expression was serious, as was her tone. It was clear this was no jest.
PM
^
Gina
 Posted: Dec 23 2016, 07:52 PM
Newcomer

N/A

The gem's explanations were cryptic; Samus wondered if Lala was intentionally hiding things, or if she really didn't understand her origins. The conversation diverged from this, back to the bounty hunter. The question was odd, but there was no doubt that the gem was referring to her ship's design. "I don't. I built my ship to resemble my helmet because it makes an impression on people, and they know who they're hiring," Samus explained, smirking a bit -- she'd never had to explain this before. "My name is Samus Aran, I'm a bounty hunter," she introduced, looking back to her ship. "I'll need to conduct some repairs, nothing too serious, I think."

With that affirmation out of the way, she studied Lala some more, her visor's scanner registered a full body scan of the gem -- no skeletal structure, nerve endings of any sort, or any biological organs of any kind. "Do you know the name of this world?" she asked.
PM
^
Pink
 Posted: Dec 24 2016, 09:55 AM
Survivor

N/A

"Ship? Oh! Is it a boat? That would explain a lot!" The gem would inhale more than the little it did to speak, causing its chest to rise notably for the first time, and exhale in a sigh, causing it to fall. "It's nice to meet you, Samus Aran."

She'd then think on the woman's next question, "Well," for the first time the gem seemed unsure, "I'm from the planet Earth. This looks like Earth. I've never been here before. I can't be sure."

Before her own thoughts began to spill from her, "I thought you had an aeroplane. I thought that you were wearing an aeroplane. I thought you could fly." She'd look towards the still smoking ship, "It makes sense it's here. This river is pretty big. How did your ship get so far out of the river?"

Her facial expressions would reflect her thoughts and mood now, as her guarded hostility was now absent. She'd consider it a moment, before allowing the water to fall back in to the river with a splash. However, she made no move to leave the river. It was still the safest place for her, and her trust was tempered by caution.
PM
^
Gina
 Posted: Dec 30 2016, 02:01 AM
Newcomer

N/A

Earth. Samus had visited Earth, once, and found its rustic society charming. It was the cradle of humanity, but as a colony-born human herself, she never felt much of an attachment towards it. Exploring its surface never appealed to her either, as it was all territory thoroughly excavated by humans tens of thousands of years before her. However, it seemed like humanity had missed Lapis entirely. The gem had a childlike demeanor and appearance that completely betrayed her earlier desires to be intimidating. Perhaps it was good that the gem was undiscovered by the Federation; that innocence shouldn't be eroded.

"My space ship can fly." Samus pointed upwards, "I come from a place beyond the sky, where the stars are," she said, in words that the gem could better understand. She didn't need to know the finer details... at least, not yet.
PM
^
Pink
 Posted: Dec 30 2016, 08:21 PM
Survivor

N/A

Lala would give a dismissive sound before saying matter-of-factly, "You think I don't know things? I know space ships aren't real. They're just on television. Besides, astronauts wear white, and you're wearing orange."

She seemed pleased by her deduction of the situation. She wore a smug grin, puffed up her chest, and crossed her arms in a way that all but confirmed it. She was confident that, by revealing her knowledge of such things, Samus Aran would cease with her jests and tell her the truth. It wasn't very funny, after all, and she was not a kid. She knew things!
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
RPG-D || Teen Titans GO~ || The Games

Disclaimer: using the Split Lock skin by DoubleXXCross will not give you a suit of armour.
But even if it did, you can still very much get shot in the face.