photo the_inter.png

<% NEWS %>
Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

» Fairy Magic, A Fairy is Lost, and Found
Gorgoth
 Posted: May 2 2016, 03:49 PM
Veteran

N/A

Group: Members
Member No.: 59

Another Quiet period in Traverse town. There wasn't much of anything happening, like usual. Suddenly, that changed. A large influx of Mana came, and promptly dispersed. It seemed concentrated by the fountain in the second district. Anyone sensitive to magic even slightly would have definitely felt it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amilia Slowly opened her eyes. She was lying on some kind of... Pavement? She didn't expect to black out after casting the spell...

She looked around, as she got up. Adjusting her hat, She realized it was night. Wasn't it mid-morning when she started? She looked around a bit more. This didn't look like Mangolia... Something's wrong.

Suddenly, as if from the shadows themselves, a few strange creatures appeared. The looked like small bugs, with completely black coloring and yellow eyes. They almost seemed cute... but something about them instigated a almost instinctual fear.

One of them jumped at her. She rolled out of the way as one of the claws scratched her cheek narrowly.

"Oh, now you asked for it. How dare you damage a lady's face!" She yelled as she started casting. a Magic Circle appeared under her, and after a second, just in time for the group to jump at her again, it finished. Spikes of Ice came out from the circle around her, facing out. The shadows all got impaled, and dissipated.

"Really? That weak and you wanted to play? Hah." She sighed.

Suddenly, 6 more of the creatures appeared, looking bigger, taller, and much, much fatter. Large Bodies. "Oh come on!"

--------------------
PM
^
DoubleXXCross
 Posted: May 2 2016, 04:44 PM
Experienced

N/A

Group: Resident Artist
Member No.: 2

An emissary. Cat was now an official emissary of Master Yen Sid, the wisest man alive in the universe. It couldn't be described as anything less than a huge deal. The weight of such a responsibility weighed so deeply on her mind that...

That...

...Well, she'd been an emissary for literally as long as she'd been buying him his cleaning supplies. So things hadn't really changed.

"Scout the shops, find the Inters who run the shops," she muttered to herself. "Right. Got it."

It'd been ages since she'd been in Traverse Town, so she hadn't been aware of the business increase. Of course, it made sense that over time Interferences would pick to settle here, a refugee camp that changed to fit its inhabitants; she'd lived here herself in the old world. Still, change was change - when unsubtle, surprising.

One thing had never changed though. Some districts, you just couldn't pretend were safe.

"Ooooooi!" She waved at the spawning hordes, broomstick held high in the air. "Over here! Come an' 'ave a go if ya think yer 'ard enough!"

--------------------
Cat - the girl who leapt through meta / Sonic - the hedgehog chasing ghosts
Yugi - the boy who tempers darkness / Journals - the words remembered most
PM Email
^
Aragonius
 Posted: May 2 2016, 04:59 PM
Veteran

N/A

Member No.: 50

Nate was meditating hovering in a lotus position as he practiced refining his elemental Bagua. The Taijitu rotated beneath him charged with Darkness and Light. Around him were 8 trigram seals charged with other elements under his command. Fire, Ice, Water, Lighting, Wind, Earth, Life, and Void. The seals were of varying strength and consistencies void actually being one of his most robust followed by life, fire, ice and the others. He was focusing on bringing the trigram elements up to the same level as his tajitu. With insight from Ama and Meg he'd unlocked "ga" level magics for light and darkness but the rest had plateaued at "ra" level.

Frequent practice with spacial manipulation and alchemy had placed his gravity, poison and healing spells in the lead for breaking through to the next level however. A sudden unexpected influx of mana however caused his array to momentarily flicker. The wizard opened his eyes to reveal the arcane blue fire the glowed with as he muttered. "Gah, really? Right now? Fine... Kantara it seems like a magically significant guest has arrived let's go meet them." By this point Nate had seemingly collected a small group of magical apprentices/ colleagues although oddly enough they never seemed to around the Mart at the same time.

Due to the various tasks errands and personal training missions he sent them on Tabby, Kantara, and Selena had yet to actually meet each other. Kantara just so happened to be around today so Nate decided to bring her along. He waited for his apprentice to ready herself before he began casting a dimension door to warp them to where the mana disturbance had manifested. He also placed a magical flight effect upon her due to him aiming his teleportation effect to place them in mid air looking down on the anomaly. "Remember if things get too dangerous use your recall charm to warp back to the shop." With that said soon they blinked away in a flicker of magical energy.

--------------------
Characters
(Robot "Wizard") | (Aspiring Archmage) | (Reluctant Mad Artificer)
(Incubus Inventor)

PM Email
^
Millie Sentinal
 Posted: May 2 2016, 05:27 PM
Sage

N/A

Group: Global Moderator
Member No.: 16

"Right, I'll be sure to do so." She grabbed her rapier and moved closer to Nate so that the teleport would actually work well enough not for her to be in the side of some random building. When the transport was over her head was just as dizzy as the first time she was teleported. Of course, after having done so, so many times Kantara has been able to shake it off faster and faster.

So Kantara looked around the area and noted the seemingly British girl run towards a mass of Heartless with nothing but a broom. That was hilarious if it was for the fact that those are Heartless.

Kantara ran forward with a small bit of her own magic in her hand to go along with the blade. The Darkness began to envelope her blade and seemed to sharpen it. "You're gonna need some help huh?" She smiled as she jumped into the fray. She was already pretty reckless.

--------------------
Millie Sentinal ()
Kantia Rose (Quiet shy girl, that can forge weapons out of the hearts of her allies.)
Sakuya Izayoi (The Perfect and Elegant Maid of the Scarlet Mansion.)
Exsila (Heartless of Alexis Sentinal, and controls a few Heartless.)
Jacob Signar
Xia
PM
^
Gorgoth
 Posted: May 2 2016, 06:10 PM
Veteran

N/A

Amilia was just about to cast another spell to get rid of these new creatures when suddenly several other people came out of nowhere. One instantly went on the attack, while the other to seemed to be waiting a moment. Well, guess she isn't the only one here.

She started channeling another magic circle. This one looking slightly different from the first. It was red instead of Blue, and had a different design. It was also placed in the air in front of her, instead of on the ground around her. Taking only a second, she took aim at one of the Large bodies, and Sent out a stream of fire from the circle. The Large Body lasted a bit longer than she expected based on the prior group, and managed to tank a couple of seconds of the flame before dissipating just as the circle died out.

Still about 5 more Large Bodies. "These guys are tougher than I thought. Little help you two?" She said to Cat and Nate.

--------------------
PM
^
DoubleXXCross
 Posted: May 2 2016, 06:28 PM
Experienced

N/A

Cat didn't bother answering her request verbally, simply barrelling ahead while a Large Body noticed her presence and lumbered towards her.

She was out of practice fighting bigger foes, sadly; her cleaning job didn't give her much with which to work. Still, she had enough speed to get the job done, so when one of the beasts started bashing its chest at her she was ready to block.

Not that she was good with pulling off the Reaction Command, correctly, though. The thing flew into the air, slow as if awaiting the strike...

And she kicked it.

It didn't fly off or take especially daunting damage, but it was definitely a start.

--------------------
PM Email
^
Aragonius
 Posted: May 2 2016, 08:05 PM
Veteran

N/A

Nate cast Holy, summoning a lance of light magic that proceeded to shoot forth and skewer through two of the large bodies. The intense light magic was super effective causing rapid disintegration of the dark rotund figures. "Ok Kantara, think you can finish at least one off? Show me how far you've come along padawan." The mage looks down on his apprentice's endeavors refraining from launching a second round of holy until she's had a chance to display her skills.

"Remember what I've told you about flighted combat kid. You have an extra dimension to troll your enemy from. Make the most of it." He then chidingly added, noticing that she'd simply been running up until now. He turns his attention to the strangers. The caster looks like she can handle her self but the girl with he broom seems worryingly mundane although fairly fast and strong. As such he decides to cast protect on her to bolster her defences.

--------------------
Characters
(Incubus Inventor)

PM Email
^
Millie Sentinal
 Posted: May 2 2016, 08:21 PM
Sage

N/A

"Noted!" Kantara said as she jumped up and proceeded to plunge a Dark imbued strike into the head of a Large body. Of course this was a major damaging attack. Kantara smiled as she felt the Heartless inevitably fade into black smoke. A Heart floating up towards her and she grabbed it.

"Hey, Nate, wanna see something cool?" She said looking back at him with the Heart held in her hand. After a few seconds she squeezed the Heart a little, and it seemed to loose its glow. The glow was then transferred to the dark haired girl.

The next attack that was sent at her from the other Heartless deflected off her front, not even a scratch. "So that's what this one does..."

--------------------
Millie Sentinal ()
Kantia Rose (Quiet shy girl, that can forge weapons out of the hearts of her allies.)
Jacob Signar
Xia
PM
^
Gorgoth
 Posted: May 2 2016, 08:35 PM
Veteran

N/A

Amilia watches the group with a bit of surprise. They're pretty strong! Looks like there' only one left!

"Alright, Guess I'm finishing this..." She said as she channeled power into another Magic circle, this one with a yellow color, and directly above the last Large Body that had just bounced away from Kantara. After a second, it glowed as a mini-lightning storm fell on the Large Body, destroying it.

She looked around, checking for any more. Didn't seem like there was... but looks like they kinda made a mess of things. The Pavement around where she made the ice spikes was broken up, and slightly flooded as the ice was in the process of melting. There was a line of charring, as well as a big charred spot on a wall at the end of the line she had threw out the flamethrower spell. and there were multiple charred craters where her lightning spell was cast.

"Well I... uh, thank you guys for your help... Sorry about the mess... Anyways, I'm Amilia Darla, Would any of you happen to know where I'm at? Maybe some Directions to the Fairy Tail Guild Hall?"

--------------------
PM
^
DoubleXXCross
 Posted: May 3 2016, 02:17 AM
Experienced

N/A

Cat brushed herself off from the joys of kicking Heartless in the tuckus and took a good look at the person she'd just aided.

Internal, she pegged. Definitely an Internal. Interference types were something you could distinguish by sight after a while, if you hung around enough of them. In this case, the girl was pretty, curvy, and plainly dressed - an idealised young lady drawn by an amateur hand, none of the professional detail level - definitely an Internal.

Of course, the effortless knowledge of magic-casting helped.

"Sorry, luv," Cat replied, approaching slowly. "You're definitely not in Kansas anymore. This is Traverse Town."

--------------------
PM Email
^
Aragonius
 Posted: May 3 2016, 04:02 AM
Veteran

N/A

"Umm I think I'm the one that's supposed to be giving the welcome to Traverse Town speech here... Who are you lady?" Nate found himself asking Cat. She clearly had experience with interferences but he'd never heard of her in town not even in passing mention. He admittedly tended to become a hermit when he got too engrossed in research. But ever since taking on Meg as a familiar he was more aware of the town's on goings. Unlike the raven she did a fine job of gathering info without being distracted by shiny trinkets. Someone like this would definitely have shown up in one of his imp's reports.

"Anyways Amelia, I'm sorry to inform you that there is no Fairy Tail guildhall here. Like the lady said, you're very far from home. This is actually another world. My name is Nate, I run the local magic shop. The kid over there is Kantara, one of my apprentices." The wizard then said, pointing over towards his ward when her name came up and further adding. "Being thrust into a new world can be a lot to process but we'll try to help you cope and adjust."

--------------------
Characters
(Incubus Inventor)

PM Email
^
Millie Sentinal
 Posted: May 3 2016, 05:31 AM
Sage

N/A

Kantara waved when she was introduced. "I still don't know much about magic though, even though I'm his apprentice." She says as she begins floating upward a little. "Nate... Halp..."

She flailed in the air, unable to figure out how to ground herself again. This was possibly the second time this has happened to her. Kantara always got lost in moving up or down with flight. It just wasn't something she was used too.

"And I've heard of it, but there isn't anything with that name close by at all. How you got here your self we haven't got a clue. Generally it involves teleportation or darkness or something..."

--------------------
Millie Sentinal ()
Jacob Signar
Xia
PM
^
Gorgoth
 Posted: May 3 2016, 05:40 AM
Veteran

N/A

Amilia blinked. another world...? Then that means... She started laughing. "HAH! IT WORKED BETTER THAN I THOUGHT IT WOULD! That spell was only supposed to be able to teleport anywhere in Fiorre, but somehow I made it so that it can traverse entire worlds!? Fairy Tail will have to let me in now! I just gotta find.. a way... back..." She seemed to sober up rather quickly as she realized a key fact. How can she get back if she doesn't even know where in relation to Fiorre she was? For that matter, would the spell even work both ways?

She seemed to fall into a slight depression as she realized this.

--------------------
PM
^
DoubleXXCross
 Posted: May 3 2016, 07:23 AM
Experienced

N/A

"Yeah..." Cat shrugged. "If you're here, then I'm not sure it's going to be that easy getting back.

"Though, generally if you're here, there's not usually something you're gonna be going back to," she added. "Frankly you should consider it a blessing if your world didn't just get blown up too."

--------------------
PM Email
^
Aragonius
 Posted: May 3 2016, 07:22 PM
Veteran

N/A

"Ah you were trying to develop a teleportation spell? Fascinating. I myself am fond of dabbling with space-time magics." Nate remarked as he then cast a nuanced gravity gravity spell on his apprentice to help her regain her stability and balanced. If water wings wings helped a small child stay afloat in a pool, then this gravity flux could be likened to an analogue that helped an individual maintain a fixed position in 3d space. Once the girl was sorted out he turned his back to Amelia.

"Getting back home will likely be difficult but it shouldn't be impossible. As a fellow mage I'm sure you understand that where there is a will there is generally always way. So try not to be disheartened. Anyways we should probably head into the town proper before more heartless show up. We aren't really in any danger from them, but the pests might prove to be a hindering nuisance to further conversation."

Nate then gave Amelia and the broom wielding woman appraising looks. "Amelia can you fly? How about you mysterious unnamed stranger?" he then asked them both in turn. "Or perhaps better yet we should teleport. That is if you aren't put off the idea of any further spatial warping for the day Amelia. Considering our current predicament that would be understandable."

--------------------
Characters
(Incubus Inventor)

PM Email
^
Millie Sentinal
 Posted: May 4 2016, 10:54 AM
Sage

N/A

Kantara thanked Nate quietly as she walked along the ground with the increased gravity. Floating upward would not be ideal.

"I suggest that we well and let her get used to the town before we whisk her back to the shop, Nate." She walked over to Amelia. "He's a little weird, be prepared for that." She leaned closer and quietly whispered the next line. "He's gonna try selling you thing."

--------------------
Millie Sentinal ()
Jacob Signar
Xia
PM
^
Gorgoth
 Posted: May 5 2016, 01:31 AM
Veteran

N/A

Amilia recovered a bit from the realisation as other things distracted her mind. "Wait... Worlds blowing up? Entire worlds? Has that happened before?" She asked, blinking in surprise.

Turning to Nate, she nodded. "Right. Hopefully I can get back and that my world isn't... Exploded." She finished that last word, looking at Cat. "I don't have anything I can use to fly... Remind me to figure out how to make a Rune or Circle for that... As for the Teleportation, I would be fine with that. I Don't want to use mine though, at least not until I've gotten the kinks out of the Circle design..." She shook her head and chuckled. "Don't want to accidentally do this again."

She whispered back to Kantara. "He runs a Shop, I would be surprised if he DIDN'T try and sell me something." She giggled a bit as she Continued whispering. "And aren't you his Apprentice? Shouldn't you be trying to help him sell stuff?" She joked with a grin.

--------------------
PM
^
DoubleXXCross
 Posted: May 5 2016, 05:47 AM
Experienced

N/A

Giving Nate a frown, she replied, "No, I can't fly. That's... actually an incredibly weird thing to expect of somebody you just met, to be honest. Besides, I enjoy walking just fine anyway."

As for Amilia... "It certainly used to be how most people accidentally got here," she quickly explained. "Moving between worlds isn't exactly the easiest task, especially if you don't even know about other worlds to begin with."

Ah, what a strange and wonderful sensation it was to get back into the habit of multiple-track conversations. She'd missed this, even if it were utterly confusing in actual practice - it was a thing that only made sense in the subjective experience of the written word, not the linear passage of time.

--------------------
PM Email
^
Aragonius
 Posted: May 5 2016, 02:02 PM
Veteran

N/A

"Pfft lady, flight isn't all that rare a power in the multiverse. Besides I was asking you for the sake of determining if it would be redundant to grant you the temporary ability to do so. You killed heartless with a broom stick, obviouly you aren't normal. If you were using something like ki or mana to reinforce your body then flight isn't too far fetched a possibility." Nate retorted.

"But Since Amilia here is fine with teleporting... Everyone gather round." The wizard then said, gently descending to the ground outstretching his left arm. "Hold onto me or someone else who is already linked back to me." With his right hand he retrived one of his recall charms and prepared to trigger it. While he waited for the others he casually remarked "Worlds blowing up happens every now and then. Those dark creatures you just fought off, 'heartless' we call them. They have a nasty habit of trying to consume the hearts/ cores of worlds."

"Theoretically the worlds can be restored but it's an incredibly difficult task. Out of the only people I know of qualified to accomplish the task most aren't skilled enough or particularly motivated to attempt taking the significant risks involved. So the fact that you came here under your own power is both impressive and very good news."

Into his apprentices mind Nate sent a discrete telepathic whisper. "We should talk about what you did to that heart. But not in front of these strangers." The mage found himself a bit worried that his apprentice had gotten mixed up in something that could possibly come back to haunt her.

--------------------
Characters
(Incubus Inventor)

PM Email
^
Millie Sentinal
 Posted: May 5 2016, 08:00 PM
Sage

N/A

"I'm his apprentice, but I only want to learn the magic, not take over his shop." Kantara whispered back as she moved back over to Nate. She put her hand in her pocket and felt at the edges of the Heart. Don't worry, you'll be alright now. She thought to it, with a small smile. It wasn't so bad this ability. She had already hidden a few around so that the Heartless wouldn't get to it again, but she had no way of knowing what it was they did.

Kantara jumped a little at Nate's sudden mental message. The reply being as followed: The Heart's fine. If you want to look at it...

The girl put her hand on Nate's sleeve. "When ever you're ready, and... Be prepped for some dizziness or nausea." Kantara smiled softly and wiped her bangs aside with her hand that wasn't holding onto Nate.

--------------------
Millie Sentinal ()
Jacob Signar
Xia
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
RPG-D || Teen Titans GO~ || The Games

Disclaimer: using the Split Lock skin by DoubleXXCross will not give you a suit of armour.
But even if it did, you can still very much get shot in the face.