photo the_inter.png

<% NEWS %>
Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

» Fairy Magic, A Fairy is Lost, and Found
Gorgoth
 Posted: May 5 2016, 08:11 PM
Veteran

N/A

Group: Members
Member No.: 59

Amilia put her arm over Kantara's Shoulder, both to mess with the shorter girl and to get ready for Nate to do his thing. "Ready when you guys are." She said with a grin.

"So my world is likely still out there? Good! Can't Join the Guild if the world's gone!"

--------------------
PM
^
DoubleXXCross
 Posted: May 6 2016, 05:08 AM
Experienced

N/A

Group: Resident Artist
Member No.: 2

Cat raised an eyebrow at Nate's comments, gaze trailing down to his hand. Nausea, the apprentice girl said... "I... think I should pass anyway. If it's in First District, we're only a five-minute walk away and the Heartless spawned at that door can be pretty much ignored. Besides,I haven't been outside the tower in ages, and I kinda wanna catch up on existing." She withdrew a notebook from the Etherspace at her hip. "If you could just give me the address, that'd be fine. You're a shop, so I needed it anyway for the survey I'm doing."

--------------------
Cat - the girl who leapt through meta / Sonic - the hedgehog chasing ghosts
Yugi - the boy who tempers darkness / Journals - the words remembered most
PM Email
^
Aragonius
 Posted: May 6 2016, 11:24 AM
Veteran

N/A

Member No.: 50

"Suit yourself." Nate remarked pausing to give her the details before finally triggering the recall spell. They immediately found themselves standing on a small platform in Manamart reserved for inbound teleports. The wizard quickly ushered Amelia and Kantara off the pad as Jin and Jan greeted them.

"Hey boss, you brought a new guest eh? " The twin Janni spoke in unison. They were a nearly identical pair despite being a fraternal brother and sister pair. Although much to their mutual consternation at times it could be argued that Jin, the brother had a slightly prettier face. Said brother soon went back work.

Jan however then added. "Anyways I'm back from the city of brass with those thought bottles you wanted. I left them in the lab for you." The genie girl was about to leave when Nate glomped her.

"Yes! You did the thing! Best assistant ever! You're definitely getting a bonus! " He remarked before regaining his composure and letting her go. "Erm yeah great job." Turning his attention over Amelia he then said. "So yeah welcome to Manamart." He then made a sweeping gesture to the large expanse of the store's shelves and aisles. "The aforementioned best assistant ever is Jan, my right hand gal. Her brother over there Jin, is our primary sales clerk soon to be manager." The wizard flashed the dude a thumbs up with that comment. Just need to higher another sales person to free up his time... Hmm maybe a sucubus...

"Our pharmacy is managed by Holly." He added indicating a plantlike woman in the distance. Then further back there was a sign reading 'Adults only'. "And in the back we have Ablyth handling our selection of mature goods. Are you over 18 Amelia? If you aren't you'll need to stay away from her but as you can see the has a vast selection of goods. Even without accounting for the wares under her charge. In adition to premade potions and trinkets I also sell custom made enchanted gear. Jin can walk you through tbe specifics of that however." The wizard gave his tour of the store filling time untill the odd still unamed cleaning lady caught up.

<Hey Kantara what do you think of broom lady? She never gave us her name eh? Is your childlike innocence picking up any bad vibes from her?> Nate then asked through the telepathic bond. Heh this is proving to be pretty useful much better than a walky talky at least. Even as he mused this he reminded himself that unfortunately the bond wouldn't work across planes. For cross world communications he'd still have to rely on sending stones. Gah George when are you gonna finish that Inter-net?

--------------------
Characters
(Robot "Wizard") | (Aspiring Archmage) | (Reluctant Mad Artificer)
(Incubus Inventor)

PM Email
^
Millie Sentinal
 Posted: May 6 2016, 01:56 PM
Sage

N/A

Group: Global Moderator
Member No.: 16

Kantara's face turned a little red at this stranger just... Put her arm around her. What the fuck was wrong with this person?! When the teleportation was over she quickly moved away Amilia. She better not do that again. Creep.

She thumbed around in her pocket to make sure the Heart was still there, it was. Kantara gave a small sigh of relief before she answered Nate's mental question.I don't get any weird readings from her... I'm more concerned about the new creep... She thought back to Nate. Kantara walked off to a table set up in one of the corners of the shop, where she took a book and began writing things down on a paper that she had there.

--------------------
Millie Sentinal ()
Kantia Rose (Quiet shy girl, that can forge weapons out of the hearts of her allies.)
Sakuya Izayoi (The Perfect and Elegant Maid of the Scarlet Mansion.)
Exsila (Heartless of Alexis Sentinal, and controls a few Heartless.)
Jacob Signar
Xia
PM
^
Gorgoth
 Posted: May 8 2016, 06:09 PM
Veteran

N/A

Amila looked around after teleporting and was... a little disappointed. "Huh, when you said Magic Shop, I was expecting a bit more... Magic."

Then he mentioned adult Wares, and asked her what age she was. She just stared at him blankly for a second, before responding. "... 22... Why do you have Adult Wares in a Magic Shop- Wait, never-mind, I don't want to know." She turned to looked at Jin and Jan. "... Your Assistants are cute."

--------------------
PM
^
DoubleXXCross
 Posted: May 9 2016, 06:49 AM
Experienced

N/A

A few minutes later, Cat had walked up to the front door of the old Accessory Shop, Mage Heartless having been taken out by some kind of robot bird (a defence like the Claymore mines in Radiant Garden, it seemed) and scribbled "Manamart" over the respective space on her hand-drawn map.

Cute, she thought, though not very suiting to the rest of the half-timber village. Even in the sea of neon warm neon, it stood out as just a little bit too modern and American. Of course, maybe that was just the English in her. Her native architecture.

Breathing in, and then out, she opened the shop doors and walked in to be greeted by the impressive sight of the stocked shelves. The original store - a jeweller's in essence, with the attic dedicated to crafting - had been quite barren in comparison, with more room for seating than shopping. But now, the insides of the building had been expanded and filled with enough charms to keep Yen Sid happy for weeks.

At least the 'mart' part of the name now made sense; this was certainly bigger than your average convenience store.

More notes on the pad, and she turned the page and started quietly charting the floor plan as she wandered around.

--------------------
PM Email
^
Aragonius
 Posted: May 9 2016, 01:30 PM
Veteran

N/A

"Pfft, More magic?" Nate snorted "Well your senses for detecting the arcane don't seem very fine tuned. But then again you don't seem to specialize much in divination so I guess you can get away with that. This place is awash in so much magic that it's literaly bigger on the inside. And for those with the capacity to truely see..." As he spoke the wizards eyes began to flare with bright blue light. "These wares blaze with a shining rainbow of arcane auras from several diffrent magical, rites, traditions, and systems. Amelia have you ever seen Octarine?" He smiled as he asked.

"Because if you haven't, the sword display over there should give you a sample." Nate pointed behind her to one of the available viewing booths. He snapped his fingers and a silent image depicting a brilliant blade showed up. He then pulled out and handed over a pair of goggles. "Use these, they are a visual aid for those who haven't yet gotten a knack for seeing the colors of magic." Octarine was one of several such colors that expanded beyond the human visual spectrum, normally it was only visible to wizards and cats.

In addition to octarine the blade bore traces of rawn, pallow, and smaudre. Smaudre happened to be one of Nate's favorite new arcane colors as of late. In fact the shrunken wizard hat he wore on his head, despite normally being invisible in the natural spectrum actually faintly shone with a shimer of smaudre. The "invisible" wide brimmed conical hat was actually one of his defences against anti-magic effects. It's true size was large enough to cover his entire body and block anti-magic emanations. The moment he was hit by such a force the shrinking spell would come undone causing the hat to expand to full size and sheild his form.

--------------------
Characters
(Incubus Inventor)

PM Email
^
Millie Sentinal
 Posted: May 9 2016, 02:04 PM
Sage

N/A

Oh... I think you'll want to see what I picked up, I'll leave it in your back room. Kantara thought to Nate for a moment as she stood back up and walked towards the backroom that had a curtain up. This one has a glowing sign that would indicate that Nate was in the room. Currently it wasn't lit. Kantara walked in and looked around for a jar or something to put the offending item in.

Upon finding one she put the fading Heart in, capping it and it floated in the center, spinning. She left the Heart in a Jar on a table and left the back room.

Kantara walked to Nate and practically avoided Amilia. "I'm gonna call her an idiot, can I call her an idiot?" She made a small gesture towards Amilia.

--------------------
Millie Sentinal ()
Kantia Rose (Quiet shy girl, that can forge weapons out of the hearts of her allies.)
Jacob Signar
Xia
PM
^
Gorgoth
 Posted: May 9 2016, 02:42 PM
Veteran

N/A

Octorine? The hell is he talking about? She though as she took the goggles with a raised eyebrow and put them on. Instantly she tore them off as she got a headache from them. "Are those supposed to give you a headache?"

Then Kantara came back in, and started calling her a idiot. "Oi, What the hell?"

--------------------
PM
^
DoubleXXCross
 Posted: May 9 2016, 04:34 PM
Experienced

N/A

Venturing through the wares, Cat overheard the conversation that was happening between the other three Interferences, and decided to avoid it, instead exploring the shop a bit further.

It was because of such a decision that she ended up directly in front of the 'Adults Only' section, and could only mouth a "what the shrek" in response.

Partly because of the existence of of an 'Adults Only' section (in a world from a game based on a long library of family films with an disturbingly specific emphasis on faces being kept at arms' length), and partly because a female spider centaur was running the section.

For some reason, presumably, but Cat was busy trying to work that part out.

"I mean, spiders - spiders, right - spiders, why spiders - do spiders- do spiders…" could be heard when the muttering was coherent, and then suddenly the pencil went wild on the paper.

--------------------
PM Email
^
Aragonius
 Posted: May 10 2016, 01:20 AM
Veteran

N/A

"Welcome to my parlo..." Ablyth had started to speak when the newcomer disturbed a thread she'd spun on the floor just inside her section of Manamart. Noticing the girl's apparent age she frowned and asked. "How old are you miss? You look much too young to be in here... If you are above the age of sexual consent for your species some valid ID or documentation would be appreciated." Despite how much the half fiend arachnid enjoyed corrupting innocence and spreading education of carnal matters, the law was the law.

Meanwhile, Nate found himself mentally projecting.<I'll be sure to check out that heart kiddo. But Kantara... Even if Amelia isn't that bright you shouldn't pick her. First of all we don't really know her well yet, so we can't make a completely fair assessment. And second of all if she really is an idiot then teasing her is too easy/ overly mean if it's not in friendly jest. If she turns out to be a jerk then you can have at her. But please try not to be a jerk first.>

The wizard cast esuna on Amelia as he said. "No not really... You seem to have really low divinatory fortitude though... You should work on that, even if you intend to focus on being a battlemage." Nate hadn't paid attention to the manga Fairy tail in a long time but he did remembered that almost all the guild mages in the series could be best classified as some kind of battle or warmage. He thus tried to couch his advice in terms that she'd probably find more applicable. "Awareness of ongoing magical effects and conditions on the battlefield can mean the difference between life and death. When it comes to magic, what you don't know or can't see can very easily kill you." Being able to cast city destroying combat magic doesn't mean much if you can easily be taken down by scry and die tactics.

<You should keep that in mind too Kantara. Don't slack in your training when it comes to sensing and identifying enemy magic. If I end up having to resurrect you from an avoidable death, I'm gonna make you spend a few weeks in the body of a dog as punishment...> He mentally warned her in a half teasing half serious tone.

--------------------
Characters
(Incubus Inventor)

PM Email
^
Millie Sentinal
 Posted: May 10 2016, 03:28 PM
Sage

N/A

<A... A dog?> Kantara visibly shivered at the notion of her teacher turning her into a dog... "Amilia, may I ask a question?" She was asking one anyway, but the next one was much more important if the girl said yes.

<She doesn't seem very bright, plus she put her arm around my shoulder as if I was a close friend or something... I don't like that.> She said to Nate through the mind link as she continued to think of how to phrase the next question.

--------------------
Millie Sentinal ()
Jacob Signar
Xia
PM
^
Gorgoth
 Posted: May 15 2016, 03:22 PM
Veteran

N/A

Amilia blinked for a second while looking at Nate. What in the world kinda mumbo-jumbo was he spouting? Looking back to Kantara, she replied. "Uhhh, Sure I guess?"

--------------------
PM
^
DoubleXXCross
 Posted: May 15 2016, 04:40 PM
Experienced

N/A

"O-o-oh!" Cat jumped. "N-n-no, it's fine, it's fine! I'm not looking for anything-"

Though, that raised a valid question that she hadn't asked for a long time, even long before the reboot.

How old was she?

As far as she could remember (and as well as she could - the memories had blurred to a ridiculous extent by now, possibly indicating something she'd never wanted to think about) her count had been... roughly around the realms of sixteen when it had been forced to end. Her disconnect from reality had happened long ago, and she was vaguely sure she hadn't actually been cognisant of the event at the time.

How long had it actually been since, exactly? She had no way to know - the Interference universe ran on multiple crossing and looping timelines; the worlds within it darted in and out of the past and the future; the real world ran on one that was inevitably steadier than fiction, so it always looked jerkier and faster from the inside. On top of that, when you were asleep like she realised she'd just been...

And Karsath was still a child.

...And had still not shown up at the tower.

Wibbly-wobbly timey-whimy was hell... but at least it gave her time.

"Um..."

How to state her age, though?

"...Nineteen Ninety-Three?"

To be honest, date of birth was really the only thing that made sense.

--------------------
PM Email
^
Aragonius
 Posted: May 22 2016, 05:51 PM
Veteran

N/A

Ablyth wasn't sure how to parse that response thus she devided to play things safe. "Ok since you dont seem to have ID I'm gonna need to magically vet you...." The drider proceeded to cast Zone of Truth. "Just so all the proper legal bases are covered, just say if you're past the legal age of consent for your species /nationality. A simple yes or will suffice. If you can manage a yes response then you should be all clear." She then added.

Meanwhile Nate found himself sighing as he found that Amelia's expression to betrayed her dim incomprehension in regards to his warnings. Hmm I wonder how she'll respond to Kantara's question? He then pondered internationally as he contemplated the possibility of her becoming a rival of sorts for his student. Heh using Amelia as a point of comparison might serve to help spur Kantara along in her training from now on... He couldn't help but chuckle at that notion.

--------------------
Characters
(Incubus Inventor)

PM Email
^
Millie Sentinal
 Posted: May 22 2016, 06:08 PM
Sage

N/A

"Did you have any sort of teaching or anyone who would have helped you cast this magic that you claim to have made? Because it clearly didn't work. You went to the wrong place." Kantara asked and even jabbed at Amilia. She didn't think highly of her, for multiple reasons... She then went on to say this:

"Also, my teacher was saying: 'you should try to learn to read past the mortal plane of existence or something along those lines. Divinatory magic is very helpful for warmages and spell swords. Or so he claims." She smiled rather smug-like. "It also helps to see beyond the mortal plane and into the plane of magic, which is what those magic glasses do. All those colors and lines that made you get a headache? Are a bunch of on going magical effects that he just has going on in the shop."

And her she took a breath. That was a lot more talking than she intended.

--------------------
Millie Sentinal ()
Jacob Signar
Xia
PM
^
Gorgoth
 Posted: May 22 2016, 09:57 PM
Veteran

N/A

"Nope! I'm Self-Taught!" She said Proudly. "And so what if it didn't work!? I Made the discovery of the ages! Now I just gotta go back and tell everyone!"

Then she got a blank look on her face as Kantara started describing... whatever it was. "Ehhhhh I think I get it? Basically everything in here is Magic right?"

--------------------
PM
^
DoubleXXCross
 Posted: May 23 2016, 05:32 PM
Experienced

N/A

As Ablyth waved her hand, so Cat felt it - the odd sensation that wrapped around her head.

Well, 'wrapped' was particularly strong; it was really more of a tug. But it was still a form of sway, and not a particularly stealthy one, even if it hadn't been verbally announced.

Not that the sway was able to do very much, though.

"I don't know," she said. "That's the problem."

--------------------
PM Email
^
Aragonius
 Posted: May 27 2016, 07:52 PM
Veteran

N/A

"Odd... That's registering as a lie to my spell..." Ablyth remarked with a puzzled expersion. It then dawned on her it was likely that the girl was was probably in her mind over complicating a simple legal matter. Hmm she probably has some sort of moral concerns that make the situation fuzzier for her. The drider considered and the said. Hmm lets take from another approach. Where you are from what is the legal age of consent for members of your species? Tell me that then tell me how many years of concious experience you have. Years in stasis or suspension don't count. Does that number exceed the legal minimum? If yes, you're clear. If no, then you aren't. Those are the only factors that hold any legal relevance to me. Oh wait one last question. Are you mentally retarded or otherwise deficient/stunted? That is also a disqualification."

An infantile body was of no concern to the infernal spider woman as long as it didn't house an infantile mind. Mental children and the cognatively impaired couldn't beheld to a contract and contracts were the fundamental foundation of law and order in the 7 Hells. The wizard Nate trusted her to run this portion of his shop because he knew she'd be meticulous in observing and upholding the letter of the law.

Back with Amelia Nate found himself remarking. "Yes everything here is magic, and some things are completely invisible to the visible spectrums. So there are more things in this shop than you can apparently currently see. Some of those things can be used for magical assassination / could kill you. If you're hoping to join a battlemage guild like Fairytail it's best you rectify that vulnerability."

<Try not to be too judgmental of our guest Kantara. But you did provide a good synopsis however and you've earned a cookie point.> He transmited mentally. Cookie points were awarded when she did a good job and werevredemable for fresh cokkies and treats or other goods. Nate used them as a meabs of further incentivising Kantara to be diligent in her magical study. They served as the carrot counterpart to the stick of things like being resurectedcas a cat.

--------------------
Characters
(Incubus Inventor)

PM Email
^
Millie Sentinal
 Posted: May 27 2016, 08:05 PM
Sage

N/A

Kantara sighed at the wholeful carelessness that this person had. Self-taught? That's a good point, but making sure that the spell was safe was a much better precaution.

"You're wrong. The spell failed. Sure, you got a teleportation, but it didn't bring you to the right destination, now did it? What if this place wasn't full of people who are willing to help you? What if we wanted to hurt you in some way shape or form? Hell, what if you teleported into a dragon attack and were instantly fried!?" She raised her hand up. "You're overconfident in your abilities, and have no regard for self-preservation before you are in danger. Your spell could have backfired and we could very well be looking at a corpse in some alleyway wondering what happened to it."

She put some emphasis on that last bit. At the moment she ignored the mental worm of Nate's thoughts. She was a little frustrated that a girl older than her was so... Whats the word...?

... Idiotic.

--------------------
Millie Sentinal ()
Jacob Signar
Xia
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
RPG-D || Teen Titans GO~ || The Games

Disclaimer: using the Split Lock skin by DoubleXXCross will not give you a suit of armour.
But even if it did, you can still very much get shot in the face.