photo the_inter.png

<% NEWS %>
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

» An Orphan's Sibling, Kantia and Kantara meet.
Millie Sentinal
 Posted: Jun 4 2016, 02:55 PM
Sage

N/A

Group: Global Moderator
Member No.: 16

Kantara was waiting for Nate to return from talking to some newbie that had fizzled out half the shop. Her gaze having been on a book that she was studying... Something about Darkness. Nate kept teaching her more and more about Dark Magic and learning to control it due to affiliation with it.

When he came back in she looked up. "Hey, Nate, I think I might have figured out how t-..." The young girl noticed another standing behind Nate... One that looked really familiar. "Mom?"

Kantara ran up and hugged the older looking girl who seemed to share the same appearance of her mother. This girl had such a confused expression on her face. This girl was Kantia.

Kantara was... Crying and Kantia had no clue how to react to this situation. How could she? She was just called mother by a younger girl that she didn't know or recognize other than a picture that Nate had shown her just a few moments ago.

"Who... Are you?" Kantia asked...

--------------------
Millie Sentinal ()
Kantia Rose (Quiet shy girl, that can forge weapons out of the hearts of her allies.)
Sakuya Izayoi (The Perfect and Elegant Maid of the Scarlet Mansion.)
Exsila (Heartless of Alexis Sentinal, and controls a few Heartless.)
Jacob Signar
Xia
PM
^
Aragonius
 Posted: Jun 15 2016, 04:20 PM
Veteran

N/A

Group: Members
Member No.: 50

"Well I can tell this is gonna be an awkward conversation." The wizard remarked. Shit like this was rarely ever coincidental in the realm of narrative fiction and as Ethan asserted, in this multiverse the narrative was a very real and very powerful force. There was a story here, and this potentially drama filled tale seemed like it was demanding to be told. Pfft it would be interesting if one of them turns out to be a clone of some sort. He then pondered as he found himself imagining just how many potential twists there could be to this turn of events.

--------------------
Characters
(Robot "Wizard") | (Aspiring Archmage) | (Reluctant Mad Artificer)
(Incubus Inventor)

PM Email
^
eagerdigger
 Posted: Jun 15 2016, 04:42 PM
Veteran

N/A

Member No.: 70

Edd was watching nearby, he seemed a bit nervous here. Someone he was avoiding...but, he at least smiled gently at the touching reunion, though he only decided to let things play out nearby. After all, some things shouldn't be intervened with. Besides, it was kind of cute seeing his lady companion meet a long lost person.

He walked by nate, looking...for all intents and purposes like a Jedi, with his hooded cloak and what looked like a lightsaber on his hip, despite what looked like a less skintight plugsuit underneat that. He was a fair bit less dignified, though, since he swayed and wooshed around his cloak a bit.

"Woosh..." He looked over at Nate.

"Cute, right? " A smile "I had a feeling something like this would happen, but sometimes letting things be is the best."

--------------------
"Well..It's about time"

George Beaumont - The Lecherous, Clever Gearhead
Ryoto Cuyler - The Gentle, Adoring Keyblade Holder
Gloria Harpe - The Broken, Brave Blademaster
Edd Z. - The Psychic, Excitable Pilot
PM
^
Millie Sentinal
 Posted: Jun 15 2016, 04:58 PM
Sage

N/A

Kantara looked up at what she believed to be her mother... That is until the question of "Who are you" was coined by said person.

"Oh..."Kantara unhooked herself from the older girl.

Kantia looked around and had a slight embarrassed look on her face. "Is this your apprentice, Nate?" She turned her head to him. Just how were she and this girl related?

"Oh, Edd, you decided to come too?"

--------------------
Millie Sentinal ()
Kantia Rose (Quiet shy girl, that can forge weapons out of the hearts of her allies.)
Jacob Signar
Xia
PM
^
Aragonius
 Posted: Jun 16 2016, 05:45 PM
Veteran

N/A

"Yes this is Kantara. Kantara this is Kantia. And Mr. Whooshy Jedi over there is apparently named Edd. Clearly there is some connection between you two girls. The similarity in your appearances are too great. Either there is some blood relation or there's some screwy narrative force at play and well it's most likely a combo of the two. You seem like you have some insight into the situation Edd, care to share?" Nate remarked and asked. Saving on spell slots was always nice if possible so if the jedi could clear things up before he had to cast a genealogy spell then that would be pretty nice.

--------------------
Characters
(Incubus Inventor)

PM Email
^
eagerdigger
 Posted: Jun 16 2016, 06:19 PM
Veteran

N/A

"I've got insight into all the things, Nate. Well a good majority of the things. Approximate knowledge of everything, that kind of jazz. I can tell you right now, it's not coincidence that their names both start with Kan, though I can also tell you right out that cloning isn't involved. That'll lower it down for both of you, it looks like." A nod...
"I'm Kantia's partner in adventure, mostly..." He said, a smile.

"I..uh. Get bad feelings about this place, but hey, if she's down here, only fair I put that aside, right?
Also, I ain't a jedi! Sorta. I'm a Psychodriver...which is a mecha jedi."

--------------------
"Well..It's about time"

PM
^
Millie Sentinal
 Posted: Jun 16 2016, 09:01 PM
Sage

N/A

"Did you... Not tell me something important, Edd?" Kantia walked over and got in his face for a moment. Then she backed up a step to give Edd some space.

"It's nice to meet you, Kantia. Say, what is your last name?" Kantara asked with a small tilt of her head..."Mine's Rose."

"R...Rose..."

--------------------
Millie Sentinal ()
Jacob Signar
Xia
PM
^
Soulwithlife
 Posted: Jun 16 2016, 11:34 PM
Survivor

N/A

Member No.: 89

Lexa was glad for the semi-long walk back from Ethan's mansion, because if not for that, a few of those pesky grateful feelings might have miraculously lightened her mood. As it stood, everything was on the easily irritable level, and as she lurched ever closer to Mana Mart, Lexa had a feeling such irritation was just around the corner.

She almost rolled up to the door straight-up, but quickly remembering her abilities, she stopped a fair ways back to activate Brand New Eyes. Hopefully she wouldn't be in there too long - five, six minutes at most - and either way, she had a feeling Nate wouldn't appreciate her screwing up all the Gramarye again. Normally she wouldn't care, of course, but this time, when she was looking for a favour, she couldn't afford to piss people off, at least, not before she opened her mouth.

Wait...there's people talking in there. Must have customers. Hm, come to think of it, maybe that'll give me some leverage. After all, if I cause his customers to shit bricks while I'm around, he'll have to deal with me, right?

However, even with her opportune eavesdropping, Lexa wasn't quite expecting the amount of people she found in the shop. A few she recognised already: the dark-haired weirdo from earlier, for one, and of course Nate was another. The unknowns, meanwhile, were a slightly younger girl, with an appearance uncannily similar to the weirdo, and some tall asshole in a robe. Lexa didn't bother reading all of their abilities - she had things to do, after all - but she read enough to know they were at least a little Gramarye-versed.

Like I didn't know that already, since they're in this shitty place and all. Now...let's find the man of the hour.

Lexa focused her eyes on Nate, giving him a curt nod.

"Busy?" she asked, in the way people used when they didn't care how you answered. "Need you a minute, or three. Kind of a big deal."

Lexa cast her eyes on the shop's wares, feeling a hint of satisfaction as they crumbled beneath her gaze.

"'Course, I could browse," she said. "Prolly not good for the merch though, yeah?"

--------------------
PM
^
Aragonius
 Posted: Jun 17 2016, 02:24 AM
Veteran

N/A

"Lady don't mess with a vendor's wares." He raised his Caliber pistol and began charging a standard shot while aiming at her. It's black hole shot was based on channeling the power of a lucid shard but for it's normal firing mode it ran on completely technological mega buster schematics. "Now then, if you leave immediately and stay out, I'll be lenient and won't pursue you for compensation regarding the items you just damaged. If you don't however, I'm afraid I'll need to make you leave. And let's just say that currently my inventory of good will is running low."

Girl. You do not come into a wizard's domain and start shit without painful repercussions. Nate seethed internally as he prepared to deal with her the Telvanni way.

Jin taking a cue from the wizard's actions quickly moved to once again heft up the goonade launcher and set the ornery teen in his sights. The gun's firing mechanisms and the shells it fired were also purely technological. For the most part the goo within said shells was also a tech based synthesized substance. The only trace of magic it bore was that the binding fluid also contained crushed up shards of elemental crystals. Apparently this is what let the goo latch onto and bind incorporeal targets just as easily as standard ones.

--------------------
Characters
(Incubus Inventor)

PM Email
^
eagerdigger
 Posted: Jun 17 2016, 04:38 PM
Veteran

N/A

Edd took a little breath at the entrance of the young girl, realizing right away what HER deal was. He stayed a little to the side and simply said...
"Oh, that seems kind of...well, she did just break your things. But, this might be a bit much. It's pretty rude to come in and knowingly destroy people's stuff too, you know? So maybe we should probably take this outside. But...I don't know, I'm not the owner."

He walks over to Kantia.

"I knew...something about it, sort of. I just can't go around spoiling the future for everyone, okay? It's a mess of possibility already, the less outside factors I make, the less of a chance something derails and I'm suddenly out to sea without a paddle. I'm sorry, Kantia, I wasn't trying to hide it, I just figured...It'd be better if it happened naturally, yeah?"

--------------------
"Well..It's about time"

PM
^
Millie Sentinal
 Posted: Jun 18 2016, 05:18 PM
Sage

N/A

"Oh, its the rolly-poly." Kantia muttered as Lexa entered... But sighed and stood in front of Nate. "Don't be stupid."

Kantara looked around the room... Confused. "Nate, what the hell is wrong with you? You shouldn't aim a gun like that at someone! Jin! That means you too!" She tried to teleport to end up over top of Jin's head to land on top of him. The little puff of Darkness surrounding her for a moment before she landed.

Kantia just stared at the girl that held the same last name as her. Well then... Okay, just what the hell was going on here?!

--------------------
Millie Sentinal ()
Jacob Signar
Xia
PM
^
Soulwithlife
 Posted: Jun 18 2016, 05:28 PM
Survivor

N/A

Lexa was vaguely aware of some Gramarye shenanigans one of the wonder twins was pulling, but for now, her attention was squarely on the guns pointing her way. She rolled her eyes.

"Not permanent," she said, waving over to the magical items she had previously looked at. "Don't destroy Gramarye, just dampen. Some stuff don't react well, but they'll bounce back."

Lexa crossed her arms, giving Nate a cold stare.

"Used these Eyes to stop my usual 'AMF' or whatever, so you know I'm not here for trouble. Ethan said I should ask for help if I needed it, and I do. You help me? I'll stay out of this shop for the rest of my life, if that's what you want."

Lexa's brow furrowed threateningly.

"Or are you gonna tell Ethan why you shot the girl he just trained?"

--------------------
PM
^
Aragonius
 Posted: Jun 21 2016, 11:17 AM
Veteran

N/A

Nate canceled the full charge of his buster, letting the golden glow dissipate from the gun unused. "Fine. We can talk." He walks forth to go around Kantia and face Lexa directly. "I'm still gonna shoot you though." He then adds however. "Tell Ethan it's a spanking for being rude to and threatening a shopkeeper." The wizard immediately followed this up with the release of a short ranged shot set to stun. The previous charge had been meant as an intimidating warning. This now however was just a quick non-lethal incapacitating emission. Caliber was set to nearly it's lowest setting.

"You don't have to stay away forever, just make sure to remember that anytime you cause trouble in here there will be a stinging lesson on why that's a bad idea. Anyways how may I help you?"

Jin meanwhile was startled by Kantara's sudden warping. Thankfully rather than pulling the trigger his instinctive flight reaction kicked in and he reflexively tried to shift into an invisible state. The pretty boy had always been a tad jumpy but the custom bunny TF Holly had pranked him with and the enhanced senses it had granted hadn't done anything to calm his nerves. "Kantara don't do that! Especially not while I'm holding a gun!" He invisibly scolded. He then couldn't help but sighed in relief that he hadn't shot anyone. Unlike the boss...

--------------------
Characters
(Incubus Inventor)

PM Email
^
eagerdigger
 Posted: Jun 21 2016, 12:20 PM
Veteran

N/A

Edd took a quick moment to do a lookup on the situation here. Ah, the small one was being a brat and ruining the magic items around the place...Lexa, was it? He decided to get a better idea of what was going on, and took a deep breath. Guess that settles them going on a peaceful little excursion, he took Kantia's hand and squeezed it.

"Your call on what we're doing here, it looks like they're getting rowdy and...this ain't the real place to have a family reunion, is it?" He said, looking over at Kantara. "Hey, Kantara, right? We might have to leave but...It's probably important you two talk this out. "

A nod as he says to Lexa "As for you...don't act like you're so high and mighty all the time." He then wisely stepped out of her line of sight as soon as he could, trying to make sure whatever she called that ability didn't tag him. He had a mild advantage and he didn't need to waste it...A bit annoyed at how smug she got for something so small.

A sigh.
"Freakin' honestly..." He was hoping they'd get an actual nice chance to purchase things.

--------------------
"Well..It's about time"

PM
^
Millie Sentinal
 Posted: Jun 21 2016, 01:16 PM
Sage

N/A

"Edd, we're leaving. I don't care about this." Kantia said as she walked past Nate, sending him a glare. Some people are really fucking stupid in this place. Honestly. She stopped next to Lexa for a moment though, looking her over to see if she was alright.

"Turning a gun on some stranger that said she meant no harm. Are you stupid?" She glanced up at Nate and gave Lexa a small potion before leaving the shop. She was angry, but she was trying her best not to show it.

--------------------
Millie Sentinal ()
Jacob Signar
Xia
PM
^
Soulwithlife
 Posted: Jun 21 2016, 02:37 PM
Survivor

N/A

At first, things were looking up. The weirdo got in the way of Nate's shot, then he came down to 'talk'.

Of course, before this mythical 'talk', she was apparently getting shocked by a stun gun. She tried to dodge out of the way - he very helpfully warned her what he was doing first, after all - but they were far too close, and Nate's aim was true. Lexa let out one last grunt as her muscles alternated between locking up and being sent into spasms, which made paying attention to Nate or the cloaked asshole a little trickier.

Then, when the stun effect lifted, Lexa's body flipped out a bit from the new-found freedom and 'accidentally' sent a slap Nate's way.

"Woops," Lexa said, with the sincerity of a diplomat. "Lost control of my muscles, there. Tragic."

Lexa took a deep breath. She wasn't exactly fuming right now - getting her mad was very difficult - but she was certainly very annoyed at Nate. Still, perhaps that annoyance could brew for a bit. Y'know, for that long-term revenge down the line. For now, she needed his assistance, no matter how much of an asshole he was.

"And for help, need work. Ethan figures my power'd be good for curse-breaking or something, and you're pretty well-connected with Gramarye. So, put it this way: figure out a job for me to do off-world, I'm out of your hair. Sound good?"

--------------------
PM
^
Aragonius
 Posted: Jun 21 2016, 05:15 PM
Veteran

N/A

Nate didn't personally mind much about Kantia leaving. He didn't really depend on the shop's sales for income, it was mostly just a hobby for him at this point. But Kantara did have buisness with her so he remarked to his apprentice.

"Hey kid go after her and talk with her. Jedi boy is probably right about it being important that you work out whatever shenanigans is afoot between you two."

"Yes tragic." Nate then soon found himself agreeing in a deadpan manner as Lexa slapped him, bringing his attention back to her. Had she not done that he would have mentioned the ideal location that popped into his mind. Luigi's mansion. There was certainly a fortune to be made curse breaking there. He then instead briefly thought of Silent Hill but quickly realized she was far too weak for that realm. While the girl was annoying she didn't deserve being sent to certain death.

"If you want work I'll give you work. You're external right? Ever hear of the Elder Scrolls series?" The wizard then said settling on a relatively survivable world of middling difficulty. Oblivion probably wouldn't chew her up too badly as long as she didn't rush off into immediate confrontation with a daedra lord. It didn't matter if she was a noob after all due to level scaling one of the valid means of playing through the game was refusing to ever level up at all.

"Ah wait before you answer. I gotta go do something wizardly real quick. Wait here. Jin can keep you company." Nate then remarked before calling out to Kantara.

"Kid before you go, let me load up a couple of rings of spell storing for you. That way you can cast the genealogy spells I was gonna perform." He then gestured for her to follow him into the back room.

He needed to be away from Lexa to actually cast the spells. While he was at it he'd probably do some divinations to better determine if it was safe to actually send the teen to oblivion.

"Oh an don't cause Jin any trouble, he has permision to goo you if you do." He finally called back to Lexa.

--------------------
Characters
(Incubus Inventor)

PM Email
^
Soulwithlife
 Posted: Jun 22 2016, 06:03 PM
Survivor

N/A

"Yeah, know- oh. Alright. Wait here, then. Hmph."

Lexa waited patiently as Nate went off to do 'something wizardly'. She had half a mind to think he was setting up some kind of trap, perhaps one that would blow her legs off when she stepped out of the door, but with the tech in this place, he would probably've killed her already.

She looked Jin up and down, frowning.

"Goo, huh? Lovely."

There was also the matter of these 'genealogy spells', now that she thought about it. I mean, apparently she was high enough priority to zap for no reason whatsoever, but now this other girl was more important? Sure, okay, whatever. He'd be lucky if she didn't 'accidentally' look over there when they were doing their genealogy crap, see how they liked her then.

...Though, she supposed weirdo did give her a potion, if the label was correct, and her quarrel was with Nate, not her or the other one. Eh, whatever. Things to think about later.

--------------------
PM
^
eagerdigger
 Posted: Jun 23 2016, 04:03 PM
Veteran

N/A

Edd looked a bit worried when a girl just got tazed right in front of them, and to be honest he agreed with Kantia. Leaving was the best bet. Still, a sigh. "Just...don't make a target for yourself, okay? If this is how the peeps who are supposed to be helping are like with you, I'd hate to see what happens when you encounter someone who's supposed to be an enemy." The young man followed Kantia after that bit of advice.

"..Kantia, that..reminds me..are you upset if I don't tell you things? I mean...I don't think everyone should have spoilers for everything that happens in their lives, right? people say they do...but there was a jake long american dragon episode about why either/or sucks."

--------------------
"Well..It's about time"

PM
^
Millie Sentinal
 Posted: Jun 25 2016, 09:19 AM
Sage

N/A

Kantara grabbed the rings and ran after Edd. Keeping them insight as she watched Kantia sit at a table at the cafe.

Kantia looked up at Edd. "I don't mind you not telling me some things, leave me with a bit of surprise... But finding a girl that would randomly come up and hug me calling me 'mom'... I would like to know about that."

This is when Kantara reached them... Kantia seeming to outright ignore her.

"Uhm, Nate made me a few things to better tell how... Well he thinks we are related in some way so, he made these to help tell how we are and if we are."

--------------------
Millie Sentinal ()
Jacob Signar
Xia
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
RPG-D || Teen Titans GO~ || The Games

Disclaimer: using the Split Lock skin by DoubleXXCross will not give you a suit of armour.
But even if it did, you can still very much get shot in the face.