photo the_inter.png

<% NEWS %>
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

» Sugar Song and Bitter Step! (Ryoto/Lexa), The Proteges meet!
eagerdigger
 Posted: Jun 21 2016, 04:55 PM
Veteran

N/A

Group: Members
Member No.: 70

Ryoto had felt much more confident and self-assured in himself after practicing with Ethan, though he'll admit the methods did leave him a bit hurt. However, he took a breath and moved forward into Traverse Town. Even if he was hurt a bit, he was stronger now. He even had a new sense of direction, as through the training with Ethan, Ryoto was able to eke out that the keyblader had another protege in town! She seemed like she had come here essentially alone and without any real backup. That...sounded rather lonely, so Ryoto wondered if she needed or wanted a friend. This was a big old world, after all, and it was never fun wandering it alone, no matter how much you were trained and prepared. He got a vague description of her, enough to go off of, and then went on a little tour of the city. After a few heartless scraps with the ones who lurked in the alleys, he went down the more populated district...before he saw Lexa leaving Manamart, though apparently a bit down. He wondered why...perhaps nothing there was of use to her? Ethan did give an obtuse warning that his 'usual tricks' wouldn't work...but still, he approached and waved.

"Ah, hello..! Can we speak for a moment..?"

--------------------
"Well..It's about time"

George Beaumont - The Lecherous, Clever Gearhead
Ryoto Cuyler - The Gentle, Adoring Keyblade Holder
Gloria Harpe - The Broken, Brave Blademaster
Edd Z. - The Psychic, Excitable Pilot
PM
^
Soulwithlife
 Posted: Jun 21 2016, 05:40 PM
Survivor

N/A

Member No.: 89

Lexa had never been entirely clear on what the plan was going into Mana Mart, but whatever it was, what happened was not it. That said, she did have somewhere to be, along with a way of possibly screwing Nate over somewhere down the line. She supposed that was good enough, at least for now.

Of course, she couldn't take a step outside the shop without some tall boy hollering her. Normally she wouldn't have bothered using the Eyes on him - not unless there was something suspicious, at least - but since she still had them on from her adventure in the shop, she supposed turning them on this new boy wouldn't be so bad, at least before the headache set in.

Another keyblade wielder, and...some kind of other Gramarye? Eh, whatever. While he's near me, he ain't shit.

Lexa turned her Eyes off as she half-turned in the new boy's direction. She sighed.

"Guess so," she admitted. "Just be quick. Ain't lookin' to make friends, or give handouts."

--------------------
PM
^
eagerdigger
 Posted: Jun 21 2016, 08:35 PM
Veteran

N/A

Oh, she seemed a bit busy...It'd be kind of rude if he wasted her time, but he at least wanted to greet her. "O-oh, I understand miss..! I just wanted to say hello and make sure you were adjusting well to the multiverse, I was taking some lessons from Ethan he made the vague inclination that you went going to him for teachings too." The tall, warmth-emanating keyblader offered a hand. "I'm Ryoto Cuyler, it's a real pleasure to meet you." He smiled at her before continuing..."And you're Lexa, right? " He said, he got the basic lowdown a bit. "Like I said, I hope you've been adjusting well...This place can be a bit strange, I know that much...and it's not all the time you can take to it so easily, yeah?"

--------------------
"Well..It's about time"

PM
^
Soulwithlife
 Posted: Jun 21 2016, 09:59 PM
Survivor

N/A

Lexa blinked, giving Ryoto an odd look.

So he's Ethan's student, huh? Guess I'm technically one of those too, 'least I gave Nate that impression if nothing else. Did this kid come by 'cause Ethan asked him to?

She scratched her cheek.

No, that doesn't seem like something he would do; if he really wanted to see how I was, he'd come himself. So this guy just...wanted to see me? Out of the blue?

This was an alien feeling, and Lexa wasn't sure she liked it.

"Wanna go back home," she said bluntly. "This place sucks, too much Gramarye...and too many jerks. Not that home lacked those. And yeah, Lexa's me."

Lexa looked to Ryoto's outstretched hand.

"Don't do handshakes, FYI," she said. "Or hugs. Putting those out there. "

She paused.

"And if ya think meeting me's a pleasure, just give it a few. You'll figure out why people hit me with shock guns soon enough."

--------------------
PM
^
eagerdigger
 Posted: Jun 22 2016, 01:21 PM
Veteran

N/A

user posted image
"Ah, I understand." He said, a little bit deflated by her declining, but Ryoto had dealt with this kind of thing, before. Sometimes, people just weren't comfortable and open all the time. In fact, that was often the case. Still, he stayed determined.

The young man chuckled at the last part. "Perhaps, or maybe I'll have more of a reason than enjoying meeting new people. Gramarye...what is that? " He said, a curious quirk of his eyebrow. Ethan apparently didn't teach him about her mental block, but he forged on a bit.

"Oh, were you attacked?" He furrowed his brow lightly.
user posted image
"That really does seem uncalled for...! Are you sure you're okay?"

--------------------
"Well..It's about time"

PM
^
Soulwithlife
 Posted: Jun 22 2016, 03:59 PM
Survivor

N/A

user posted image

"Fine, sorta. Jerk in the shop, Nate, said I was rude. Shocked me with a gun, screwed my muscles up. Not the best day."

Lexa sighed.

"And Gramarye's...not-magic. Magic's fake and dumb, Gramarye's dumb...and not fake. Shoot fireballs, teleport. All that shit."

Lexa looked Ryoto up and down and considered turning Brand New Eyes back on, for after all, reeling off the boys abilities would be a good demonstration, but at the same time...eh. She remembered enough.

"You use keyblades," Lexa said. "Also Gramarye. Block both out. Can't use 'em near me. Why Nate hates me, maybe."

--------------------
PM
^
eagerdigger
 Posted: Jun 23 2016, 02:45 PM
Veteran

N/A

"Oh, That's actually an amazing ability...Though I imagine it'd cause problems with things like healing or defensive things...Still, I guess that explains the gun." Ryoto said cheerfully.

"Ah, I'm really sorry to hear that. I really do hope you're not hurt, I'll believe you on that though." A nod as he checked her over.

"Ah, you don't look permanently hurt..that kind of thing causes nerve damage." Ryoto gave a little sigh as he thought about it.

"Yes, I'm a keyblade wielder...I'm not as experienced as Master Ethan, however, and I've been trying to learn how to be more effective!" The young man smiled. "I want to try and protect the worlds..and the people on them." A nod. "I'm sorry Mr. Nate hurt you, though. That was extremely uncalled for..."

user posted image

"Ah..well..If anything. "

user posted image

"I can maybe treat you to something at the Cloud District or the Crossroads...I'd really like to talk more and you look like you could use something to eat. S-sorry if this is too forward, actually.."
He rubbed the back of his head. "It's just...it's nice to see someone else who's new to this life, too...I've only been here for a few weeks, in the multiverse. " He quietly mentioned.

--------------------
"Well..It's about time"

PM
^
Soulwithlife
 Posted: Jun 23 2016, 03:33 PM
Survivor

N/A

Lexa's face drooped and drooped as Ryoto chatted on, his speech meandering about like a lost toddler. A few times she thought 'oh, he's finally done', only for him to keep talking about everything that could even be vaguely relevant.

Then, well...
user posted image

"Ate a croissant earlier," she supplied, her expression still extremely sceptical. "Unless you're sayin' I'm anorexic. Not wise."

Her next words were very nearly 'So piss off', or something to that effect, but there was...something about this boy. Was it that naive optimism? The silly hat? Maybe that he was Ethan's apprentice?

No, wait, that wasn't right; she was just really thirsty. Shit.

user posted image

"Know what? Not hungry, but need a drink, so...sure."
user posted image

"Not a date though, yeah? Want a girlfriend, look elsewhere."

--------------------
PM
^
eagerdigger
 Posted: Jun 23 2016, 05:01 PM
Veteran

N/A

"Oh, nothing like that..."

Ryoto blushed a bit, rubbing the back of his head gently. "I wouldn't expect you to ever be interested in someone like me. I just thought you would enjoy a bit of refreshment. Er. Sorry. I ramble on.." He said, embarrassed a bit...he noticed the face drooping at least.

"Shall we head on, then?" He said, a bit cheerfully. "I know a place that can get extremely sweet soda, or the crossroads for coffee if you wish for that instead..."

--------------------
"Well..It's about time"

PM
^
Soulwithlife
 Posted: Jun 23 2016, 06:02 PM
Survivor

N/A

Lexa perked up a bit at the mention of 'soda'. That was the American word for pop, right? Carbonated drinks? All that jazz?

"Soda's good," Lexa said, trying not to sound too enthused.
user posted image

"Ace, by the way. No attractiveness sensors or whatever. Anything wrong with you, you ramble. The hat, too. People who care, vaguely dateable. Five out of ten."

--------------------
PM
^
eagerdigger
 Posted: Jun 23 2016, 06:58 PM
Veteran

N/A

"Oh, I understand...Er, thank you." A small blush as he adjusts the hat. "Let me lead you there...!" They had arrived at the pizza place, where they actualyl had soda straight on tap...There were a few human workers but a few average joes filling in for the missing workers who wanted to work there...He ordered a pizza for the both of them in case she was hungry, a small, and some root beer for himself.

"I'll cover it, don't worry..."

--------------------
"Well..It's about time"

PM
^
Soulwithlife
 Posted: Jun 23 2016, 09:15 PM
Survivor

N/A

It had been a loooong time since Lexa had been in a pizza parlour - after all, as the daughter of an uber rich couple, when they took her out, it was usually to fancy restaurants and the like. The only time she ever went to a pizza parlour was when she was eight years old, and all she remembered was that the cheese was a bit too strong, and the toppings went a bit overboard.

This parlour was...not like that one.

Instead of a tiny family-run business, this was a sprawling mess of a restaurant, with both an indoor and outdoor eating areas, along with a second floor just in case it was super busy. Honestly, looking around, Lexa had to wonder why it was so big since, at least at the moment, there didn't seem to be enough people to justify the space. Maybe some of the customers were really rich, and the pizzas were gold-plated or something? She wasn't sure.

All she knew was that the place smelled like cheese and sweat, and the rumble of chatter was starting to get on her nerves.

Siiiip.

Oh well. At least her orange 'soda' was good.

"Invite me out and wanna cover the bill? How generous," Lexa said dryly. "So, what'd you want, loverboy? Ability descriptions? Backstory?"

She paused.

"'Cause if it's backstory, ain't much. Probably disappointing."

--------------------
PM
^
eagerdigger
 Posted: Jun 24 2016, 05:28 AM
Veteran

N/A

Ryoto blushed at her comment. "L-loverboy? I thought this wasn't a date!" He squeaked...before he continued on, taking a little breath and drinking his root beer. "Ah, I wasn't thinking anything like that...I just figured you'd appreciate a nice drink and maybe something to eat. My..er. 'backstory' isn't that much better either, I'll have to admit. I...believe from what I heard that many of us came to this world because we were deep into a video game, and I'd believe it...I'd played almost every variation of Chrono Trigger I could during a deep..um..trouble, and I woke up here. I'm not sure how to feel about it, honestly.." He murmured.

--------------------
"Well..It's about time"

PM
^
Soulwithlife
 Posted: Jun 24 2016, 10:26 AM
Survivor

N/A

user posted image

"Joking, loverboy; don't get your knickers in a twist."

Lexa pondered how she herself entered the multiverse as Ryoto supplied what little he knew.

"Came through Kingdom Hearts," she explained. "Not 'deep' in it, just played it a few times. Got sucked in here, not sure why. Mistake, maybe, might be why my powers're messed."

There was something else, of course, but Lexa wasn't about to spill the beans on her inner psyche to a total stranger, no matter how silly his hat might be. Besides, what could she possibly say? That a mere wishful, idealistic thought had been enough to drag her into this lethal world?
user posted image

"Just wanna go home. Short of that, have a home. Basically a hobo right now."

--------------------
PM
^
eagerdigger
 Posted: Jun 24 2016, 09:31 PM
Veteran

N/A

Ryoto gave a blush and listened, a bit of empathy and sadness for her at hearing she was...alone and without a home. He looked over at her.

"Oh, that's...I understand why you would feel so lonely and without a home, but...if it helps."

A grin.

"I'm sure there's places around here, and if you want...It'd be possible to chip in. together!"
He really did want to help, honestly...

--------------------
"Well..It's about time"

PM
^
Soulwithlife
 Posted: Jun 25 2016, 09:22 AM
Survivor

N/A

user posted image

"Really? Embarrassed about a 'date', five minutes in you want to move in together. Steady on, loverboy."
user posted image

"'Nother joke, by the way. 'Case you didn't catch that."
user posted image

"Look, got...what? Five hundred pounds? Dunno what dollars that makes, or munny. Point is, not short of cash, just don't know this town. Only place I know is the hotel, probably fine. Not sure I'll take the Heartless, though."
user posted image

"Other words? Keep your munny and give me info, maybe take me to the item shop. Wearing a onesie right now, maybe you noticed. Comfy, not hardy. Need something else."

Lexa paused.

"Ship'd be nice too," she said. "To get outta here, check out that place Nate said. Willing to pay for a ride, if you've got one."

--------------------
PM
^
eagerdigger
 Posted: Jun 25 2016, 11:03 PM
Veteran

N/A

"Oh, I don't know much about the town either to be honest. I know that the second district has some clothing stores that are...more or less open. It appears to render down to the lowest common currency...a dollar is around 100 munny since it's 100 pennies, technically. "

Ryoto wondered how that worked but hey, he wasn't questioning it. A little embarrassed still but he was getting used to it. "Ah, I don't have a ship of my own...yet. I've been mostly hitching rides, but I know somewhere where you can find one. Perhaps even asking the man in charge of this town to build one?"

He mentioned, he heard that the 'guild master' was returned...

--------------------
"Well..It's about time"

PM
^
Soulwithlife
 Posted: Jun 26 2016, 08:53 AM
Survivor

N/A

Lexa frowned. She could never claim to be an expert on exchange rates, or even vaguely knowledgeable, but wouldn't that screw over some currencies? One hundred pence in the UK was certainly more than one hundred pence in the US, right? And what low-value money? Wasn't that just an insta-rich button?

Karma, maybe, Lexa thought dryly. Rich get poor, poor get rich; it'd be poetic if it wasn't so stupid.

She shrugged. Not like there was much to do about it now. Clothes, on the other hand...

"Clothes shop in Second?" Lexa repeated. "Ethan didn't mention. Not full of Heartless, right? 'More or less open' doesn't say much."
user posted image

"Really a leader guy here? Thought Traverse just did its own thing, but explains the new crap. Think he'd build a ship for a couple hundred? Or 'bout ten thousand munny, maybe? Dunno. Exchange rate thing is dumb."

--------------------
PM
^
eagerdigger
 Posted: Jun 28 2016, 06:41 PM
Veteran

N/A

"No, Second's safe. Mostly." He said, not sure how to explain it. "There are people patrolling the district to ensure that the heartless problem isn't overwhelming. It works well, though...as for what i mean, the stores are closed, but they're not locked well. If you wanted, you could perhaps go and pick up spare clothing? I think there may be a few of the stores opened and run by the shopkeeper robots however. "

user posted image

Ryoto smiled as he nibbled his pizza, enjoying the meal and the talk with her...his own root beer already refilled twice by this point. Big eater, this guy.

"I don't know much about him, but, if you ask him he should be able to give you some help...perhaps he might even help you out freely, he has provided most of this for no charge to anyone..the defense i mean..." He nodded.

--------------------
"Well..It's about time"

PM
^
Soulwithlife
 Posted: Jun 28 2016, 07:35 PM
Survivor

N/A

user posted image

"Stealing clothes now, huh? Didn't expect that from you, loverboy."
user posted image

"'Nother joke. Cops don't chase us for it, game for petty theft. As for leader guy helping..."
user posted image

"Kinda...prickly. A jerk. People shock me, blow me off, real world and here. Ethan helped me, you're...trying. Not normal, don't expect it. Just get disappointed."

--------------------
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
RPG-D || Teen Titans GO~ || The Games

Disclaimer: using the Split Lock skin by DoubleXXCross will not give you a suit of armour.
But even if it did, you can still very much get shot in the face.