photo the_inter.png

<% NEWS %>
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

» Sugar Song and Bitter Step! (Ryoto/Lexa), The Proteges meet!
eagerdigger
 Posted: Jul 3 2016, 01:56 PM
Veteran

N/A

Group: Members
Member No.: 70

user posted image

"Ah, I see...I understand. " Ryoto had figured she might not be overly social...but, he didn't let that kind of thing phaze him. The young man finished his part of the pizza and said "I don't think we'd run into any issue with grabbing the clothes, especially once they see you're a new arrival." Conviction in his voice there, he figured the people here were fundamentally...good, on some level.

user posted image

"I could perhaps ask him myself? I don't have a ship or anything similar and if I asked, we could scrounge together whatever he needs and I'll hand the ship off to you." A cheerful thing, as if having a ship wasn't a big deal to him at all.
Or that he'd rather she have it than he.

--------------------
"Well..It's about time"

George Beaumont - The Lecherous, Clever Gearhead
Ryoto Cuyler - The Gentle, Adoring Keyblade Holder
Gloria Harpe - The Broken, Brave Blademaster
Edd Z. - The Psychic, Excitable Pilot
PM
^
Soulwithlife
 Posted: Jul 3 2016, 02:20 PM
Survivor

N/A

Member No.: 89

user posted image

"You'd...give it me? Free? Just like that?"

Lexa finished the last of her drink before bringing the glass down a little too hard.
user posted image

"What's your angle, loverboy?" she asked sceptically. "Lie about the girlfriend thing? Gonna rob me later? Sell me off to some slave trader?"
user posted image

"And before you go 'I'm just nice', stop. People ain't 'nice'; people think they're nice, think they're being generous, whatever, but there's a reason somewhere. What's yours, huh? What's the catch?"

--------------------
PM
^
eagerdigger
 Posted: Jul 3 2016, 03:12 PM
Veteran

N/A

user posted image
"...It's because I want to live without regret." He said, decidedly.

This...was different. He actually seemed a bit more sober when pressed about this.

user posted image
"Life's hard, no matter where you go or who you are. Lots of people around here have their own problems, from the biggest and strongest to the smallest and weakest. It...it always hurt me to see people without anyone else to rely on. It seemed really lonely. But, I didn't pity them...I knew they were doing their best, and I didn't think they were pathetic. Just...sometimes these things happen.
It still hurt, though."

A nod, sitting back in his chair.

user posted image

"If i didn't help out where I could, it'd weigh on my soul. I try and help with things like this because I don't want to feel that, you know?"

user posted image

"It's a little selfish, I guess, getting you involved because of my own desires. But...I don't want any of those things to happen, because it'd fill me with regret that I could have done more."

A shake..
user posted image
"Does that make sense...?"

--------------------
"Well..It's about time"

PM
^
Soulwithlife
 Posted: Jul 3 2016, 07:08 PM
Survivor

N/A

For perhaps the first time since she'd met him, Lexa actually paid attention to what Ryoto was saying instead of half-phasing out whenever he spoke. When he finally finished, she wasn't entirely sure she should try that again.

Well, I was right; he's not 'just nice', not in the way people mean. The way he says it, it's like his conscience is so guilty that he can't stop himself from helping others, even when he might not want to.

Gotta admit, that sounds kinda horrible, feel bad for the guy. Still, I guess everyone has their flaws, even if loverboy's is being too good. Ugh.
user posted image

"Yeah, I get ya," Lexa said, feeling like, for once, she understood why someone did what they did. "Useful as that crap is for me, need to lose the attitude before you get hurt. Plenty of people'll take advantage of you, and before you know it, they're in riches while you're left with rags."

Lexa paused.

"Not that I care that much about what happens to you," she continued, feeling like she had to counterbalance her advice somehow. "Just feel like you're on a worse road than me, and that's saying something."

Feeling a might peckish, Lexa finally tried a little of the pizza Ryoto had been nibbling away at. As usual, she didn't have much - half a slice, at most - but even cold as it was, it still made for a decent stomach-filler.

"Can talk on the way, yeah?" Lexa asked. "Got clothes to nick, ships to get built, all that crap. Well, 'less you wanted dessert or something."

--------------------
PM
^
eagerdigger
 Posted: Jul 3 2016, 08:51 PM
Veteran

N/A

"Of course!" He said, getting up and helping along as they went into the second district...The place was still quiet after the storms it'd weathered recently. He continued on a bit, in reference to her advice..

user posted image

"Thank you for the concern, but...I wouldn't mind if I was in rags and others were in riches. In fact...I'd prefer that to the opposite, really. I'll take care of myself so I can survive, but I don't really...care about my own happiness, honestly."

He pointed out the clothes store. "There! This one is closed for good, it looks like..." He nodded.

--------------------
"Well..It's about time"

PM
^
Soulwithlife
 Posted: Jul 12 2016, 12:40 PM
Survivor

N/A

It was tempting to continue the morality conversation, but it didn't take Lexa long to think 'nah', mostly since he didn't seem the type to take her advice. That, and, well...the clothes store was...
user posted image

"Yeah, no shit it's closed forever. Bomb'd probably do more good than a clean-up."

If Lexa didn't know any better, she'd assume that this shop had recently come out of a riotous mob, what with the shattered windows, clothes strewn carelessly about left and right, and perhaps more pressingly, the utter darkness of it. To her paranoid eyes, it seemed like black blobs of Heartless peered out from every corner, waiting for their chance to strike while she let her guard, and her onesie, down.

At least it'd end this crap quick, Lexa thought pessimistically. Not looking forward to that, though.

"Going in," she announced curtly, drawing her pistol. "Watch my back. Use your..."

Lexa paused, giving Ryoto a side glance.

"Keyblade wielder, right," she muttered under her breath, quickly activating Brand New Eyes. "Long as I look away, your Gramarye'll work. Other words? Keep outta my sight 'till it's safe."

Not waiting to hear an affirmative from Ryoto, Lexa shuffled into the store, all too aware of the clink her bullet pouch made as she walked. More than a few times she heard a scrape or a scuffle, whipped her gun to the noise...only to find it was gravity causing things to fall off, or her own presence messing with the merchandise.

Speaking of merchandise, actually...

"Not much left," she observed pointedly, grabbing an orange pullover from the floor. "Makes sense; when stuff's up for grabs, people'll only leave scraps behind. Split off a bit, see if you find something."

Satisfied that no Heartless were lurking in the dark interior, at least for the moment, Lexa holstered her gun as she started properly searching for something to wear. From the looks of it, she was currently in the sports section, or what was left of it, with the rest of the shop being further forward. Grasping for a pair of black tracksuit bottoms that were almost falling off the hangar, Lexa found them to be surprisingly soft and, even luckier, roughly her size.

That's one down, I guess.

"Found anything, loverboy?" Lexa called out, deactivating the Eyes as she looked around for Ryoto. "Looking for a top, socks, knickers, bra..."
user posted image

"Scratch last two, actually; I'll get those. Probably make you freak or something."

--------------------
PM
^
eagerdigger
 Posted: Jul 13 2016, 04:03 AM
Veteran

N/A

user posted image

"Lexa, I am not a child. I can handle the opposite sex's underwear without being anxious about it, honestly." He said, helpfully picking up as many of the unmentionables as well as regular clothes in general he could find, though again, it's been picked relatively clean.

He whistles a bit as he did...He didn't have anything to fear. Ryoto tapped a sword on his back. "It's not much, but it's a good back-up. I'm a bit hesitant to carry a gun at the moment, but I've been told where to get some effective ones against both mundane and magical opponents." He hummed cheerfully, using a flashlight to drive off any lurkers in the dark.

user posted image

He'd gathered a few usable items, thank god, and he even seemed to have them organized!
"I haven't checked the sizes but...we can sort that out easier like this!"

--------------------
"Well..It's about time"

PM
^
Soulwithlife
 Posted: Jul 16 2016, 03:04 PM
Survivor

N/A

Lexa was almost impressed as Ryoto did a fine job of gathering possible clothing, even sorting them into a few small piles, organised by clothing type. Interestingly, the most abundant of all was underwear - perhaps the looters had little use for them or doubted they could sell them on - then socks, not a pair among them, then other clothing. Unfortunately, it seemed like most of the bottoms had been looted already, with only a few short skirts and ridiculously oversized trousers that Lexa didn't even consider, not after finding the tracksuit bottoms earlier.

Although...

"The navy trousers could work with a belt," she observed, poking the folded article. "Worst case, could find a rope, tie that around. Worth taking with, maybe."

The selection of tops wasn't totally barren, but given that a good quarter were ripped or otherwise far too big for her, that cut significantly into the supply. That said, there was an orange tank top that looked like it might fit, along with a slightly oversized red hoodie that pleasantly reminded her of her onesie.

Yes...yes, this could work.

"Gonna change in the corner," Lexa announced, grabbing her chosen clothing. "Keep Heartless off, others too."

As Lexa walked over to the corner, she paused, turning back halfway.
user posted image

"Gonna look my way loverboy? Glance. Stare, get ganked by a Shadow. Your choice."

--------------------
PM
^
eagerdigger
 Posted: Jul 21 2016, 02:06 PM
Veteran

N/A

user posted image

"W-what? Why would I look?" Ryoto squeaked, he didn't even consider it. He knew she was cute on some level but he never thought about the idea of actually peeking in on her dressing up till she mentioned it...

"I-i'm not that kind of person!" He said, looking embarrassed...He turns around and starts keeping an eye out, looking around. The young man felt a little tugging urge, her words about glancing echoing a bit in his mind. He resisted it, though, and watched out for shadows as best as he could.

--------------------
"Well..It's about time"

PM
^
Soulwithlife
 Posted: Jul 30 2016, 11:31 AM
Survivor

N/A

Ryoto's reply was about what Lexa had expected, though the rosy cheeks and stuttering was an amusing surprise. As she slowly pulled off her onesie, shivering a little as the slight chill bit at bare skin, she briefly considered throwing a pair of knickers Ryoto's way, see if he could handle underwear as well as he claimed.

Yeah right. Funny as it is to torment that guy, need to save this stuff for me. Besides, don't wanna distract him in case Heartless turn up.

As it turned out, when you've been exclusively dressed and undressed (under duress) for ten years or so, it takes you a little longer than usual to do it yourself, and the oodles of equipment from Ethan's place were not helping. The bra in particular took far too long, and after a few minutes, Lexa had only gotten that and the knickers on, something which had, rather pathetically, brought her into a sweat.

There's gotta be a better way of clipping that thing...should've paid more attention when Umi did it. Now, just gotta-

SQUEAK!

"There's a...rat, back here?" Lexa called out, trying and failing to pinpoint the source. "Think it's nearby. Throw it out or something, yeah? Getting dressed, here."

Though of course, to get to where the rat/mouse/squeaky toy was, Ryoto would have to pass by Lexa's dressing area, which she had, of course, made no effort to conceal whatsoever.

"Not naked, by the way," she added, rolling her eyes. "Y'know, 'case you cared."

--------------------
PM
^
eagerdigger
 Posted: Aug 7 2016, 06:30 PM
Veteran

N/A

user posted image

"O-of course it's not a matter." Ryoto said, looking over at the sound...he nodded. Yep, made sense. He'd have to go check for the rat or heartless...He does turn his head lightly to see her as he passed by, before turning away and looking around for the squeaking noise.

"Here..I think it should be around here. I've never seen a rat actually in this area so far...but..I think..?" He did turn back to glance again but he averted his eyes. DAmmit, focus Ryoto.

"Ah, I found it!"

--------------------
"Well..It's about time"

PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
RPG-D || Teen Titans GO~ || The Games

Disclaimer: using the Split Lock skin by DoubleXXCross will not give you a suit of armour.
But even if it did, you can still very much get shot in the face.