photo the_inter.png

<% NEWS %>
Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

» A Traversal Chunni
Chanlye Alexina
 Posted: Aug 25 2016, 05:27 PM
Explorer

N/A

Group: Members
Member No.: 94

Kyanna was looking around the mana market until Kantara pulled her again talking about someone that wanted to meet her, while being dragged she started to think about who wanted to meet her. She just came there and have only met the girl holding her arm, who was this person?

Her thoughts were interrupted by a sudden pause of Kantara, she stared at the girl and then noticed a door. She tilted her head and she got in, entering on a 'library'. It was impressive to suddenly have a library there, though it lacked books. Kyanna admired every place she passed, without noticing two figures that were soon ahead.

--------------------
Kyanna Wynne - Mushroom Cleric! Or at least she thinks so.
PM Email
^
Aragonius
 Posted: Aug 26 2016, 05:57 AM
Veteran

N/A

Member No.: 50

Nate found himself chuckling at Kantara's arrival even in the distance he clearly saw her hesitating before leaping through the portal. "Pfft kiddo you really need to relax, just treat it like any other doorway. Notice how you didn't even feel any significant sensation of travel crossing the threshold? No nausea or disorientation? That's cause it's just a simple and stable tunnel connecting a point A to point B it the most direct route possible. But anyways I digress. Kantara this is Yjo, Yjo this is one of my apprentices Kantara. She was present for your initial binding to this plane but you've yet to be formally introduced." Nate then said.

The angelic bear wizard then spoke up. "Its a pleasure to meet you. And I hope it will be a pleasure to meet you as well." This last bit he directs at the unintroduced girl.

"Ah yes you must be the newcomer. My name is Nate I'm the town's resident Archmage. You must find your recent experiences a bit dazing but fear not. Yjo and I will endeaver to get you caught up on everything you need to know. So then could you please tell us your name? "

--------------------
Characters
(Robot "Wizard") | (Aspiring Archmage) | (Reluctant Mad Artificer)
(Incubus Inventor)

PM Email
^
Millie Sentinal
 Posted: Aug 26 2016, 02:12 PM
Sage

N/A

Group: Global Moderator
Member No.: 16

"Its nice to meet you." Kantara bowed to the bear a bit. She knew it was stronger than her on a magical level, even though it wasn't evil to her knowledge, plus Nate being right there, she decided to be polite to the creature.

"I already tried to explain her situation, she is from our world, Nate, but... Well..." <She claims that her goddess brought her here. You should be better at explaining this...>

--------------------
Millie Sentinal ()
Kantia Rose (Quiet shy girl, that can forge weapons out of the hearts of her allies.)
Sakuya Izayoi (The Perfect and Elegant Maid of the Scarlet Mansion.)
Exsila (Heartless of Alexis Sentinal, and controls a few Heartless.)
Jacob Signar
Xia
PM
^
Chanlye Alexina
 Posted: Aug 26 2016, 02:39 PM
Explorer

N/A

Snapping out of her distractions, Kyanna finally notices the two other figures on the room. She stayed looking a few feet away, until the bear talked to her. "Pleased to meet you too!" She smiles and walks closer, this time about next to Kantara. It's probably these two that Kantara was talking about, as soon she thought, it was confirmed by the Archmage's introduction.

"My name is Kyanna!" She exclaimed when asked. "And yes, it was a little dazing. But Miss Kantara helped me to get through it!" It was true, probably if her new friend didn't talked to her, she would be on that Café preaching the word of the goddess, while calling attention of wrong kind of people that Kantara talked about.

--------------------
PM Email
^
Aragonius
 Posted: Aug 27 2016, 06:15 AM
Veteran

N/A

<Hmm a goddes she said?> Mentally queries while holding back a frown. Instead he maintains an calm and friendly expresion. "Hmm Kyanna eh? That's an interesting name. Where were you from on earth before the event that brought you here occured?" The wizarrd asked hoping that insight into her nationally and culture would help give some clues regarding that supposed godess of hers. There was also always the positbility that she was a member of a small and l/ or obscure cult. "

Yjo for the moment decide to nudge his glases subtlety in acknowledgement of the given name and observe how Nate handles the situation. The human wizard has made it clear this will soon be his job and he'd like to see a firsthand example of what's expected of him.

--------------------
Characters
(Incubus Inventor)

PM Email
^
Millie Sentinal
 Posted: Aug 30 2016, 02:00 PM
Sage

N/A

<Yes, though I'm sure that Interference doesn't involve divine intervention... I think.> Kantara relayed to Nate, her eyes scanning over the book cases a little, oh so very bare of books... She idly looked at the bear, Yjo? Then to the computer, just what had been saved on this version of the internet? She hadn't looked at it at all since it was made...

She debated asking Nate for a computer of her own, but decided it could wait for a bit. <I'll just watch how you handle this.>

--------------------
Millie Sentinal ()
Kantia Rose (Quiet shy girl, that can forge weapons out of the hearts of her allies.)
Jacob Signar
Xia
PM
^
Chanlye Alexina
 Posted: Aug 30 2016, 02:11 PM
Explorer

N/A

"Ah! Thanks!" Kyanna thanked when the mage said her name was interesting. "I came from Canada, Alberta" She answered as looked around the curious place again, glancing to the bear for a few seconds before turning back. That creature was pretty interesting, much more than her name for sure.

"I was in my room right before being sent here!" She exclaimed and stared at Nate, giving her usual friendly smile.

--------------------
PM Email
^
Aragonius
 Posted: Sep 15 2016, 01:57 PM
Veteran

N/A

"Canadian Eh? Hmm were you playing any games in the days leading up to your interference event? If so did they feature any supernatural beings? Often the nature of what we played before interfering can have some influence on the powers we interferences gain." The wizard said, mentioning this for both Kyanna and Yjo's benefit. He'd already explained to the bear how many of the individuals of this town originated from a metaverse where the events of several other realms were recorded as seemingly fictional media. It had been a minorly hard sell until he'd shown the bear some of his D&D splat books and the stat block entries him and his fellow guardinals.

"While you're at it also please describe the experience of your interference and what you feel brought you here. Those subjective feelings will likely play a role in the development of your abilities." This info would also help him build up an idea of what the girl might eventual aim to do in the multiverse.

--------------------
Characters
(Incubus Inventor)

PM Email
^
Chanlye Alexina
 Posted: Sep 16 2016, 03:56 PM
Explorer

N/A

"Yes, I was playing Eden Eternal! Fighting against a dungeon boss." Kyanna said as she thought about what the mage said. Probably the fact that she "interfered" while playing as a cleric was her fate, so she could come to this world as a cleric, that made sense for her. After that she turned most of her attention to Nate, he apparently knew well about this world and Kantara trusted him, if he could help her to discover more about herself on this world, it would be a huge step.

The girl pondered a little. "As for my experience on it, basically it was a big flash on my screen and I appeared on this very interesting place!" She smiled, on her eyes all of that was incredible. Specially since she always lived on her small town in Alberta, seeing a whole new place was a big experience. "And what I feel that brought me here..." For Kyanna, the answer was kind of obvious at this point. "...Was my fate to spread the love and hope of my goddess, and help to defeat the evil!" She said confidently, after all these hints that's certainly what happened.

--------------------
PM Email
^
Aragonius
 Posted: Sep 17 2016, 02:40 PM
Veteran

N/A

"Well as a word of warning you aren't currently in Eden Eternal it might be possible for you to visit it eventually. But you're currently in a larger shared multiverse of pretty much every video game series that existed in our old world. That goddess you mentioned doesn't sound like she's from any of the major religions of our old world. Is she a figure from Eden Eternal? What exactly do you mean by spreading her love and hope? What are the tenets and doctrines of her religion?" Nate explained and questioned. Hmm this is potentially an interesting situation... A person that might be delusional but their delusion has potentially started to become true... Even if her goddess isn't real in our old world she might be real out her in the multiverse.

Yjo also found himself curious on the matter of this girl's religion. Back in Faerun he himself was a angelic power in service of a goddess. Mystra, lady of mysteries and mother of all magics. This Nate fellow wasn't a dedicated worshiper but he was still a wizard and thus one of his mistresses subjects. As long as the wizard could be steered into using his magic for good then he'd have no problems working for him. That and the fellow presented him with opportunities to expand his own magical knowledge and resources. Knowledge and resources which he could leverage into further championing his own Lady's cause.

--------------------
Characters
(Incubus Inventor)

PM Email
^
Millie Sentinal
 Posted: Sep 17 2016, 02:50 PM
Sage

N/A

Kantara watched the conversation at hand rather intently. Nate knew more about what he was doing than she did, so it was only obvious to simply watch it happen. Of course, her attention did go to the bear every now and then. Sure, she had helped summon the guy, but she wanted to know more about him later on, when this was all settled down.

--------------------
Millie Sentinal ()
Jacob Signar
Xia
PM
^
Chanlye Alexina
 Posted: Sep 17 2016, 03:33 PM
Explorer

N/A

Kyanna eyes widened as she was swarmed by more questions, she never found someone so curious about her goddess since she met that club. The girl adjusted her hat and smiled brightly, starting to answer the questions. "No Mr. Nate, my goddess isn't from Eden Eternal. She's a goddess from my world, that was forgotten by the civilization until I discovered her existence again." Kyanna started her explanation.

"By spreading her love and hope, I meant to spread her teachings... Love and help each other, keeping hopes up, never give up and of course, defeat or convert the ones with corrupted heart." The volume of her voice was starting to increase again, whenever she started to talk about her religion she got fired up. "Fungaria's main objective is to erase the evil and turn the world a place of kind hearted people, a world where the good will prevail forever..." Kyanna kept talking about the ideal world of her goddess for some good time, her eyes were sparkling as she swinged her staff for emphasis on some parts.

After a time, her voice volume started to go low again. "Basically that, Mr. Nate. Actually have some other details, but unfortunally it seems my mushroom codex didn't come with me to this world." Kyanna said with a slightly disappointed expression.

--------------------
PM Email
^
Aragonius
 Posted: Oct 9 2016, 12:25 PM
Veteran

N/A

Yjo then remarked. "Well then I hope you've fully memorized your deities scripture as any good cleric should. We'll need to make a copy of this codex while it still fresh within your memory and and as close to the original will of your goddess." The bear was aware of the risks involved in reproducing a book from memory. But if a diety had any real power then from his experience generally they would offer some divine guidance in avoiding or rectifying the most egregious mistakes regarding themselves. Active gods tended not to like having their own worshipers accidentally slander their names and ideals out of ignorance.

"Hehe Yjo thinking like a true librarian. You want to get a first edition copy of this reproduced codex for our collection eh? Good this is exactly why I hired you. Hmm before we press the girl into writing a book though, perhaps we should get her better sorted out. Kyanna are you hungry or in imediate need of anything else? I'd like to take you to a training ground where we can test some of your current capabilities. With a better idea of what you can currently do it will be easier arm you with the gear and advice you need to thrive in this verse.

--------------------
Characters
(Incubus Inventor)

PM Email
^
Chanlye Alexina
 Posted: Oct 15 2016, 05:26 PM
Explorer

N/A

"I'm not hungry or in need of anything for now, Mr. Nate. Kantara paid for some pancakes for me before we came here and the only thing I'm seeking right now is for more knowledge about this place, which I'm sure I will eventually learn more!" The girl answer, while considering what Tjo said. She wrote the codex herself, so she knew very well what was written there. But getting on this place would give her an opportunity of maybe discovering informations about her goddess that she wouldn't be able to learn on that mundane world she came from.

Discovering more about her goddess would mean an even more improved codex, being a cleric didn't mean she had completly knowledge of what her goddess is, and she knew it very well. She needed to get closer to her goddess, to understand her more. Kyanna was decided to improve her faith and knowledge.

"About the copy of the codex, don't worry. I will be able to rewrite it all, probably even improved! I have a feeling that I will learn much more about her here." She smiled, while turning to the bear.

--------------------
PM Email
^
Aragonius
 Posted: Oct 17 2016, 02:04 PM
Veteran

N/A

"Well then if you're ready. Come along then. You can wait here if you'd like Yjo." The wizard remarked as he reached out with his space-time magics and made a temporary opening in the fabric of reality. The hole he punched through existence formed into a stable yet short lived portal. Unlike the permanent doorway linking the shop and public library this gateway would really only last for as long as the wizard was willing to maintain it. Nate had developed the portal magic as an extension of his existing space time manipulation spells.

So far the portals he could generate took more mana and time to cast than simple teleportation. On the otherhand they seemed to be a much gentler ride for those without experience warping around. Especially for those with particularly weak stomachs like his apprentice. The portals were also great for the bulk transport of materials. He could send much more substance through a gate than he could manage to carry during a teleport. Or rather than what he could carry without first resorting to stuffing things into his hammerspace pockets.

This new space time passage way actually lead to one of the many underground chambers of the park district training dungeon. In particular a vast underground arena, the middle of which was dominated by a glowing green figure.

"Hey there Omnath. I've brought Kantara and another noob for a training session. Remember to go easy on them ok?" Nate said in greeting to the locus of green mana. For it's part Omnath didn't seem to visibly respond but it made it's assent clear by sending a pleasant flush of green charged vitality through every one stepping into it's chambers.

"Kyanna this is Omnath, locus of mana. He'll be your sparing partner." Nate remarked outloud. Mentally towards Kantara he added <Hey kid think you're up for another go at big green?> The green elemental monolith had be set up to be a training partner for all his apprentices ever since the completion of the park district dungeon.

Interestingly this is when he received a confused mental message from the elemental. It had apparently never seen Kantara before...
<Kid... I've been sending you out on weekly dungeon runs how have you never once met Omnath? Is the dungeon too hard for you?> She always returned from training covered in cuts and bruises that he healed up. But given the seeming sense of cheerful accomplishment she always came back with and the marginal yet still quantifiable increase to her power levels. The training had seemed like a sucess.

user posted image

--------------------
Characters
(Incubus Inventor)

PM Email
^
Millie Sentinal
 Posted: Oct 17 2016, 06:36 PM
Sage

N/A

Kantara stared at the portal that was created, yes she had stepped through such things before, and they were much less lurchful than that of the instant teleport Nate used to do larger jumps... Or was it smaller jumps? Either way, she didn't like what was on the other side. She had heard what happened during its creation, and promptly avoided it. Kantara wasn't going to fight this thing.

So, she grabbed Kyanna's arm a tugged her back softly before the slightly younger girl could step into the portal.

<I'd rather not fight it. I'd rather not go into that place.> Kantara's projected thoughts were cold in tone. <I'm not going into a place where people died so you could make it.> Yes, those people had been revived, but still. Kantara's hand squeezed Kyanna's shoulder lightly.

She stood at the edge of the portal in, looking in and about the room that was portrayed. "I should have taken her to George instead, at least he wouldn't immediately put her in combat."

Her head turned to regard the slightly younger girl. "Let's go to him instead, less dangerous that way."

<Sorry, Nate.> She turned to begin walking, but stopped short. "You can decide who to go to, Kyanna."

--------------------
Millie Sentinal ()
Jacob Signar
Xia
PM
^
Chanlye Alexina
 Posted: Oct 18 2016, 11:45 AM
Explorer

N/A

Kyanna turned her attention to the mage, her eyes widened at the sight of the magic being cast. She waited anxiously for the portal to her future training field, until the other side of the portal became visible. Her amusement expression faded at soon as she noticed the weird green creature, probably a monster?

The wizard then called her attention again introducing that monster, explaining it was her sparing partner. That caught her off guard, sparing partner? She didn't expect to start her training fighting something like that. "T-That doesn't look like a level 1 slime..." She whispered while frowned nervously, with a hesitating feeling on her. But it was probably necessary, Kantara and Nate knew much better about what had to be done than her. They probably knew what they were doing.

She gulped and took a deep breath, holded her staff tightly and started to step forward until a hand softly pulled her back. Kyanna turned surprised, looking at Kantara. "What's wrong?" She asked confused.

--------------------
PM Email
^
Aragonius
 Posted: Dec 19 2016, 12:10 PM
Veteran

N/A

<Kantara if you're not gonna train there's no point in being my apprentice. You can still stay in the mart if you want but let's not waste our time play acting a teacher student role if you aren't interested learning from me.> The wizard had sensed but glossed over a gradually growing lack of enthusiasm from the girl over the passage of time. With the revelation she'd been skipping out on the training curriculum Nate figured it was probably best to just cut her loose to pursue her own interests.

She's strong enough to not go get herself killed and eh her magical aptitude isn't all that great. He found himself thinking as he realized Kyanna likely already surpassed her in raw magical potential. "Omnath isn't a level 1 slime. It hower is an elemental that can easily scale in power level to match you." Already the locus of mana was beginning to shrink down into a much smaller looking wisp of green energy. It still had acess to all the green mana of park district and if need be it could strike with the the force of a collosal behemoth but that certainly wouldn't be necessary in this training session. Not unless Kyanna actually had access to Selina's level of power... But, that was extremely unlikely.

"If you agree to be tested Omnath will be pulling his punches. He'll only scale up as needed if you prove to be more combat capable of expected. The goal of this exercise is to determine how much effort will be needed to get you up to a point that you can safely travel this multiverse without too much fear of being unable to fend off heartless or other beings of that nature." The wizard finally said aloud.

--------------------
Characters
(Incubus Inventor)

PM Email
^
Millie Sentinal
 Posted: Dec 20 2016, 12:52 PM
Sage

N/A

<I've been training. Just not the way you want me too.> Kantara responded with a small bit of spite in her thoughts. "You know what? Fine. I'll go in, and I'll show you the fruits of my training."

And with these words she let go of Kyanna's shoulder and walked through the portal to stand before the innermost part of the Park District. Kantara could feel the magic in the area. She let some of it course through her and out once more. Kantara drew her rapier out of its sheath and dragged her hand along it. The blade became dark in color, infused with Kantara's innate darkness.

--------------------
Millie Sentinal ()
Jacob Signar
Xia
PM
^
Chanlye Alexina
 Posted: Dec 20 2016, 07:09 PM
Explorer

N/A

Kyanna looked at Kantara suddenly deciding to get inside the portal, saying those words out of the blue. "Wait, what?" Before she could react the girl was already inside that place. Am I... Supposed to get in too? She wondered for a moment. It looked like it wasn't a good idea to go to combat already, but if she got in I suppose I should go? She thought.

She hesitated to step in again, but this time there was no one to stop her from getting there, so she walked through the portal, unsure of what to do.

--------------------
PM Email
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
RPG-D || Teen Titans GO~ || The Games

Disclaimer: using the Split Lock skin by DoubleXXCross will not give you a suit of armour.
But even if it did, you can still very much get shot in the face.