New Poll

» Shocking Developments, Infamous 2
Millie Sentinal
 Posted: Jul 21 2016, 08:59 PM
Sage

N/A

Group: Global Moderator
Member No.: 16

Jacob stood on a building in the city of New Marrais. He could sense the electrical currents running through the air, through the electrical lines. But the world was bleak, the electrical currents were slow, almost entirely shut off. Power was off in the city, and needed to be turned back on. Some monsters roamed about. There were clusters of Militia that roamed the streets and would scan civilians for something.

If they found what they were looking for they would attempt to gun them down. It was a sad sight. Jacob didn't particularly decide to help them or anything. It wasn't his job. Now, the hero of this story? Cole? He could do what ever he damn well pleased. Cole was somehwere in the city, probably. It wasn't like Jacob cared at all.

--------------------
Millie Sentinal ()
Kantia Rose (Quiet shy girl, that can forge weapons out of the hearts of her allies.)
Sakuya Izayoi (The Perfect and Elegant Maid of the Scarlet Mansion.)
Exsila (Heartless of Alexis Sentinal, and controls a few Heartless.)
Jacob Signar
Xia
PM
^
Aragonius
 Posted: Jul 22 2016, 05:22 AM
Veteran

N/A

Group: Members
Member No.: 50

"Hey there. Sorry I'm a bit late. Got sucked into dealing with a girl." Ashmedai remarked as he floated down out of the sky to land on the roof next to Jacob. He gazed out upon the city and remarked "Look at this shit hole, isn't it great? This entire world is down on its luck and on it's knees. Meaning its ripe for the likes of us to come to in and offer the people a better standard of living while reshaping the realm to our needs and wishes."

Conditions like this are how people like Lex Luthor can rise up to become elected leaders. He thought to himself.

--------------------
Characters
(Robot "Wizard") | (Aspiring Archmage) | (Reluctant Mad Artificer)
(Incubus Inventor)

PM Email
^
Millie Sentinal
 Posted: Jul 22 2016, 11:45 AM
Sage

N/A

"There's barely anything running through the electrical circuits here... We'll need to turn back on power. No doubt Cole is already attempting to do that elsewhere in the city. We'll need to find something while we're at it. Blast Shards." Jacob explained the situation even though he expected Ashmedai to already know most of this stuff from a cursory glance. While he was explaining he pulled out a purple glowing rock. A Blast Shard.

"This little things can amplify the power of Conduits. If you can get any information from the internet here, a map, or something, even information on Conduits, it would be less I have to explain." He sighed and held the little shard up so Ash could get a better look of it. "They're scattered about the city, some civilians have 'em, they're wedged into walls and what not."

--------------------
Millie Sentinal ()
Kantia Rose (Quiet shy girl, that can forge weapons out of the hearts of her allies.)
Jacob Signar
Xia
PM
^
Aragonius
 Posted: Jul 22 2016, 12:22 PM
Veteran

N/A

"Interesting mind if I analyze that sample? As for information gathering I'm working on that." He'd already infested a local internet conected computer with a specialized set of nanites and tasked it with gathering information about the world. It was feeding data back to an otherwise air gapped server on his ship via a quantum link. As a rule of thumb Ash never connected his primary systems or his brain directly to the internet. Instead he would periodically shutdown the server's quantum link to the Internet, run it through an intense barrage of virus scans, and only then upload the collected data into himself / his primary systems which where effectively an extension of himself.

He'd once found himself describing the act of linking his brain with a computer/ network as a carnal act of pleasure. By that analogy however linking his brain directly to the Internet would be like having unprotected relations with a seedy woman of the night. One who'd caught every infection known to man and then some. Speaking of viruses however. While he was wary of catching one himself he certainly wasn't above using them to his advantage. He'd already instructed his nanite infested remote terminal to develop a worm/ trojan horse and start a bot net.

"I've already begun our conquest of this world. I'm currently trying to take over the Internet." Ashmedai said as he reached for the blast shard with both a hand and his sensors. "We can build this city up into our capital but yeah the goal is total global conquest. Heh by the end of our campaign we should at least become the undisputed hegemons of this planet. The power amplifying abilites of these shards are interesting though. Hmm how much do you think they'll help you?" Ashmedai would need to check back in with his server to get a more complete picture of this world's current affairs and history.

--------------------
Characters
(Incubus Inventor)

PM Email
^
Millie Sentinal
 Posted: Jul 22 2016, 01:23 PM
Sage

N/A

"I'd need to become a Conduit in order for it to help me, but, that can be arranged, probably. I'd need the gene in order to become one." Jacob began thinking.

His eyes watched as Reaper/Militia member grab a civilian by the throat and throw them against a wall. Really these guys were jackasses, but he could live with seeing this for now. Like he thought earlier, wasn't his job. "There are more of these, they're radiating... with energy... Think you could onto it... I think I might get sick..."

He tossed the rock at Ash and leaned on a wall. Really that thing could cause sickness in anyone without the conduit gene, plus the gene would have to be activated in order for the person to be immune...

--------------------
Millie Sentinal ()
Jacob Signar
Xia
PM
^
Aragonius
 Posted: Jul 23 2016, 10:21 AM
Veteran

N/A

Ashmedai caught the shard as he began scanning Jacob "...To be honest man it seems like you're already sick... You're currently asymptomatic for the most part but your body is currently full of this thing's radiation. But no worries man. We'll get you spliced up and healthy than ever in short order. Hmm from what you've mentioned about this world our best bet to secure the political clout that we need is for you to grow strong enough to defeat Cole and eventually the beast. Meanwhile I cure the world of this plague. Once you have the power to do so however feel free to take your time dealing with the beast however. The worse that thing's rampage gets the more you'll be lauded as a triumphant hero once it's defeated."

Once I have sufficient control of the online media of this world I start planting the seeds of our ideal narrative. Asmedai thought to himself. "To truely make this world ours we will need the love and support of the people. Once we have that we will be able to start rebuilding this shithole into something truly spectacular." The mad scientist's mind was flooded with notions of what he could do for this world's tech and infrastructure. With the resources of an entire planet at his disposal he'd be able to work on some truely impressive feats. An end to poverty and hunger, needles suffering, and perhaps eventually even an end to natural death. Today would be the beginning of a new golden era for this world.

--------------------
Characters
(Incubus Inventor)

PM Email
^
Millie Sentinal
 Posted: Jul 23 2016, 11:07 AM
Sage

N/A

"Right, right... Check news reports real quick, the Beast already blew Empire City sky high right?" Jacob picked himself back up from the wall. "Those things will help us get power... If I'm able to absorb the energy from them like Cole does."

"Of course, Cole is the hero of this story, we either beat him down and make him out to be a terrorist working for the Beast, or we team up with him and take out the Beast." He glanced down at a bunch of people laying on the ground growing with injuries. "So, we wanting good karma, cause I got an idea."

--------------------
Millie Sentinal ()
Jacob Signar
Xia
PM
^
Aragonius
 Posted: Aug 22 2016, 09:39 PM
Veteran

N/A

"Oh? Yes ideas are always welcome, fire away." Ashmedai remarked even as he got to work multi tasking in his efforts to begin entrenching himself in this world. He raised an arm out to the distance and actually launched his limb like a rocket. In mid air it reshaped itself into an undulating serpent that immediately began flowing into the ground below upon making contact. He was taking a page out of Brainiac's playbook. This initial seeding of nanites would apply grey goo stratagems. Tunneling their way through the earth gathering resources to replicate themselves like the Von Numan machines they were. They would multiply at an exponential rate building the underground facilities and equipment he'd need along the way. Unlike with Traverse Town, Radiant Garden, or Twilight Town on this world he was putting down roots. This realm was going to be his and nobody would be able to stop him.

--------------------
Characters
(Incubus Inventor)

PM Email
^
Millie Sentinal
 Posted: Aug 22 2016, 10:07 PM
Sage

N/A

Jacob walked to the other side of the building they stood on. There were about five civilians groaning and rolling on the ground. He waved Ash over, whispering. "These people are everywhere, I don't exactly know what happened to them, but they can be revived with electric pulse or something along those lines. It brings good karma."

With that, he jumped down from the building, landing with a dull thud. Rubbing his hands together to make a small electrical current in his hands. "Alright, lets see what I can do here." He pressed his hand to one of the civilian's chest and let a pulse of quick electrical energy go through.

It took a moment to register, but the man would stand up and thank him graciously as Jacob went to help the others. This was all for his personal gain of course. Upon reaching the final civilian, a female, he had told them his name and they would spread his name in good.

The girl didn't look particularly bad in his eyes, and he didn't want to seem rude to her for fear of ruining the good karma, he placed his hand on the girl's stomach and sent the pulse through. When he stood up to begin walking away, the girl would hug him from behind and whisper in his ear. "Thank you, it would have been horrible if someone else of... Lower morality had found us." Jacob only nodded and nudged her off.

--------------------
Millie Sentinal ()
Jacob Signar
Xia
PM
^
Aragonius
 Posted: Sep 15 2016, 03:00 PM
Veteran

N/A

"Interesting. Their condition merits study. Ma'am, before you go could you tell us a bit about how you ended up out here?" The currently one armed scientist presented a seemingly kind expression of genuine concern for her current circumstances. "If there are others facing the same trouble that you are then any insight you can give us may save other lives." Meanwhile underground the previously cast out portion of his nanite mass was burrowing and growing. It was absorbing mineral resources like an ravenous all consuming worm formed from liquid metal.

Periodically it would divide, splicing off new tendrils that would spread out in other directions in search of further resources. In time the tendrils would also grow and splice off sub tendrils of their own which would eventually do the same in turn. The growth of the nanite swarm was set to follow an exponential growth curve and was well on it's way towards reaching critical mass. As such Ash had already instructed some of the nanites to focus on finding and marking out some ideal locations for the construction of underground facilities.

--------------------
Characters
(Incubus Inventor)

PM Email
^
Millie Sentinal
 Posted: Sep 17 2016, 04:14 PM
Sage

N/A

"Those damn Militia came in and shot one of our friends dead. So we retaliated and threw rocks at them... Wasn't our brightest moments, but we're alive and well." The girl would say, smiling at Ash.

Jacob smiled a little. "Well, that clears some of it up." He glanced around, the girl leaving the alley with her friends. "Their friend must of had a Conduit Gene. It's the only thing I can think of that would get the Militia to shoot at them, well, other than throwing rocks."

News reports came in, Cole Macgrath was in the city and he was doing some good. Though there were plenty of protesters in the street wanting him gone.

"Alright, so, we've gotta figure out what to do now... We've gotta stop the Beast for sure... And Macgrath, but he's a secondary target. The Beast will actually kill people, Macgrath I don't think he will."

--------------------
Millie Sentinal ()
Jacob Signar
Xia
PM
^
Aragonius
 Posted: Oct 9 2016, 01:11 PM
Veteran

N/A

Ashmedai nodded while privately remarking through an earpiece he'd given Jaccob. "Hmm yes. We also need to clearly establish ourselves as prominently benevolent public figures. Helping these folks was great PR. Please continue doing so whenever you run into more." Then the scientist turned his attention to the girl stopping her before she left.

"Thank you for the information you've shared. If you are in need of any aid or supplies please come by this addres this afternoon." He said as he reached into a pocket and pulled out a paper thin e-ink display formed out of nanites. It bore a map leading to an adress he'd selected to be the first of many public fronts for their operations on this world. He directed some of his burrowing nanites over there and set them to work sprucing it up. "My colleague and I aren't quite yet fully set up yet. But he and I aim to provide aid and assistance to this community. Please spread the word, especially if you know anyone afflicted by the plague. I'm a doctor." Technically that last portion was true... He did have a doctorate although it was a PhD rather than MD but eh as a spark the distinction was mostly a non issue.

--------------------
Characters
(Incubus Inventor)

PM Email
^
Millie Sentinal
 Posted: Dec 31 2016, 02:37 AM
Sage

N/A

The girl nodded and ran off to catch up with her friends. She looked over the map for a moment and showed her friends.

Jacob walked up beside Ashmedai and smiled. "Guess we got some people spreading the word. Some others might not be so nice, obviously. Hell, some might be ungrateful." He sighed and ran his hands through his hair. "Anyway, we need to find some more of the Blast-Shards and a way to reverse the plague, which, as I said would be the Conduit gene... Hmm..." Jacob coughed a bit. Being an Inference did have a small benefit in that he wouldn't be bed-ridden by the plague... At least not immediately.

"Shit... Well, I think there might be one thing we can do, animals have the gene too. So we don't have to result to a human subject for it."

--------------------
Millie Sentinal ()
Jacob Signar
Xia
PM
^
Aragonius
 Posted: Dec 31 2016, 11:55 PM
Veteran

N/A

"Ah yes, a human volunteer would still be useful but animals will help fill in the current void in our pool of volunteers. Anyways let's get going. You've got a pretty robust body but even so it's probably best that we get you fixed up sooner than later." The mad spark led the way towards their new front of operations as he scanned Jacob's condition and all the available resources. He directed some of his multiplying nanite mass in the ground to start searching for animal subjects. They had no way to quickly scan for the gene at the moment so he'd need to sift through animal subjects in bulk until he found adequate specimens.

"Heh I wonder how many hundreds of rats we're gonna need to go through to get what we need?" He pondered aloud for a moment before deciding to run an actual statistical analysis of the odds with one of the more digitized portions of his brain. In his gradually converting brain the divide between man and machine was a subtle and slowly fading transition but for the time being there was still often some latency in the communications between his still human grey matter and the rest of his mechanized form. "Hmm seems like we'll need a lot of rats but we're in luck. Cities like these are the perfect breeding grounds for vermin."

The transhuman scientist continued to make small talk and idle chatter as they traveled. "So Jacob, mind settling for a rat based version of the gene? Or would you rather hold out for a human copy? I suppose once we have enough samples though we could splice up a custom version of the gene sequence for you. Heh get you a nice new power tailored to your specifications."

--------------------
Characters
(Incubus Inventor)

PM Email
^
Millie Sentinal
 Posted: Dec 31 2016, 11:59 PM
Sage

N/A

"Its the same in both humans and animals so it doesn't matter." Jacob said offhandedly. A glance around. "Oh, we should go after a Militia dude too. Reapers. They have something that can scan for it."

He pointed out a group of them patrolling off over on the other side of the street. He could very well kill them where they stood, but that would bring bad karma. "Don't kill them. We'd get bad karma, but we can restrain them."

--------------------
Millie Sentinal ()
Jacob Signar
Xia
PM
^
Millie Sentinal
 Posted: Apr 11 2017, 11:29 AM
Sage

N/A

The world of Infamous would come under the rule of a benevolent leader named Jacob. In the end the disease that was plaguing the world would simply fpvanish. Conduits still existed and did jobs. They weren't seen as a sub-human race due to the most powerful of them working together with those that cured the disease.

Years would pass. A few conduits didn't want to follow the rules and they would be subdued.

Jacob was having the time of his life, at the top of the world and had gained the conduit gene as well. Now he wasn't manipulating magic or psionics. He was working under genetics. And even if those genetics failed him he would be able to pull back on the psionics he once used. And continued to use every now and then.

Ashmedai would fade into the background and work alongside Jacob as thrh worked together but eventually, Jacob would head off world.

--------------------
Millie Sentinal ()
Jacob Signar
Xia
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
RPG-D || Teen Titans GO~ || The Games

Disclaimer: using the Split Lock skin by DoubleXXCross will not give you a suit of armour.
But even if it did, you can still very much get shot in the face.