photo the_inter.png

<% NEWS %>
Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

» A Date with Destiny, Destiny.
Millie Sentinal
 Posted: Aug 12 2016, 08:03 AM
Sage

N/A

Group: Global Moderator
Member No.: 16

Millie teleported into the tower, glancing around and looking over the edge of the building and to the city below. While she could fly, that still made a shiver go down her spine. Millie turned back around to face the rest of the Tower. White tiles laid in the ground, a building off to the side that generally just looked like it was there to fill up space. There were two halls off on the left and right sides of the Tower and finally, a staircase going down.

As she looked around she noticed that nearly everyone was in some sort of sci-fi armor. Armor that looked really interesting. Armor that also looked hard to take off... Stood concentrating on the armor and get moving for whoever was in charge.

Given that it was a videogame world and she came in facing the staircase going deeper into a building.(honestly how do you get from the top level to here?) As she walked down the stairs and turned left at the split in the hallway, only to find that they instantly reconverged. A woman stood there, covered in creepiness... The good news was that she was already talking to someone else.

Into the Crucible hall she walked

--------------------
Millie Sentinal ()
Kantia Rose (Quiet shy girl, that can forge weapons out of the hearts of her allies.)
Sakuya Izayoi (The Perfect and Elegant Maid of the Scarlet Mansion.)
Exsila (Heartless of Alexis Sentinal, and controls a few Heartless.)
Jacob Signar
Xia
PM
^
D241
 Posted: Aug 12 2016, 07:00 PM
Experienced

N/A

Group: Members
Member No.: 71

"Ah, home sweet home," Dex said as he caught sight of the beautiful, imposing shape of the Tower. Spending almost a full three weeks pinned-up in a cockpit wasn't his idea of a good time, and the prospect of stretching his legs made him want to leap for joy; even if the place was completely and utterly boring. He felt sorry for ol' Vade being stuck the all the time, especially considering the company he was forced to keep. Zavala wasn't all that bad, straightforward and honest, and he always talked to you as though you were an equal rather than a subordinate. All he needes to do was lighten up a little bit and he'd be a pretty alright guy. Ikora on the other hand... she was a bit... difficult to stomach for long periods of time. She had this tendency to talk down to you like some kinda student or something of that nature. There was always some cryptic piece of advice or lecture about one subject or another. And she was a little on the snooty side for Dex's liking.

But the tower was still as good a place as any on earth, despite all its flaws, none of which prevented him from touching down in the tower, rushing to the Crucible Hall, and going to his knees to give the floor the biggest (and most likely only) hug it had ever had. It was like embracing a long lost lover for the first time in years.

"Ah man, it's good to be home again." Of course, Cage chose this moment to materialize above his eccentric Guardian. "Get up, you big ham! People are staring at you."

--------------------
PM
^
Millie Sentinal
 Posted: Aug 12 2016, 07:11 PM
Sage

N/A

Millie wad indeed staring, That was quite the sight on your first visit to the world. She slowly walked towards he eccentric Guardian. "Well, you're an interesting sight." She knelt down, the ears on her head twitching a bit. She honestly felt no need to hide the extra bits of her body. Millie's tail seemed to wag a small bit. Millie stood back up as she noticed that the other people in the room stared as well.

"So, mind telling me who is in charge around here? I'm looking for something." Namely her sister, but she had already head rumors of a large influx of Darkness somewhere, expecting Heartless or something.

--------------------
Millie Sentinal ()
Kantia Rose (Quiet shy girl, that can forge weapons out of the hearts of her allies.)
Jacob Signar
Xia
PM
^
D241
 Posted: Aug 13 2016, 10:49 AM
Experienced

N/A

"Huh?" Dex replied. He craned his neck as far up as he could without lifting his head from the floor... and was met with the sight of a girl with perfectly functional cat ears along with a tail. Now there was an unusual sight, even for him. If he didn't know any better (which he did, but let's entertain the notion) he would've said that she was some kind of mutant. However, knowledge was power and it gave him the powers of deduction when it came to random weirdness.

... Damn, Ikora was right about something.

"You an Interference?" he guessed, rising to a kneeling position. "Of course you are, 'cause no one else could really pull that look off." Cage stepped in as the Exo started rambling on about the many strange incidents occurring around him.

"Ignore him," Cage said. "I'm sure that there's a bolt or two loose in that thick head of his." He expanded his body with a sigh, a loose approximation of a shrug. "As for your question, it depends on what you're in need of. The Vanguard oversees the military aspects of Tower business, but I suppose that the Speaker leads here."

--------------------
PM
^
Millie Sentinal
 Posted: Aug 15 2016, 07:39 PM
Sage

N/A

Millie blinked and tilted her head. "Yeah, an Interference." and then he started rambling. Alright, the hexagonal shape is talking to her.

"Whichever one that can point me in the direction of the large influx of Darkness I've been tracking. Its important to me." Millie wasn't going to say that she was looking for her sister or anything, but this as the last known location she had been able to track.

"Is his rambling... Normal?" She asked.

--------------------
Millie Sentinal ()
Jacob Signar
Xia
PM
^
D241
 Posted: Aug 15 2016, 08:13 PM
Experienced

N/A

"Unfortunately, yes, it is," Cage sighed. "I think there's some fault with his memory banks that causes him to randomly access memories when some sort of "trigger", for lack of a better word, is pulled." He turned to his Guardian, shook his whole body, and turned back to Millie, expanding his frame outward briefly as he did so.

"In any case, the Speaker would've likely told the Vanguard already, but I'm sure that he'd wish to open a dialogue with you based on your, uh... status as an Interference."

"...but man are those heartless ships relentless. And, I'll tell ya I know relentless, 'cause I..."

Cage sighed, long and deep like the trance he bound partner was in. He floated over to the rambling Exo and accelerated to ramming speed. A metallic clunk! sounded through the hall, once again attracting the attention of passersby. "Snap out of it, you bucket of bolts!"

"Yaow!" Dex yelped. "The hell was that for?!"

"You were rambling again, old friend," a deep, majestic voice answered. Both Ghost and Guardian turned to meet the familiar shape of a masked man dressed in voluminous of white.

"Speaker!" both exclaimed in surprise.

"Welcome back, Dexter-34," the Speaker said. "We've been wondering what became of you."

"Well, it's good to be back," Dex said. "It's been a crazy ride."

"So I heard." One could almost hear the hint of a smile in the inflections of the figure's voice. The mask rose slightly to regard Millie. "And it is good to meet your acquaintance. Come, I may be able to assist you." Then, him turned and walked away with an eerie grace that made it appear as though the robe was the only substantial thing about him.

--------------------
PM
^
Millie Sentinal
 Posted: Aug 19 2016, 08:42 AM
Sage

N/A

Millie jumped a little bit, she had been so focused on the duo of Guardian and Ghost that she hadhandnoticed the arrival of the Speaker. Her ears twitched a little as they interacted among themselves for a small bit till the Speaker turned towards her.

"Ah, um, thank you." She wasn't sure of the customs of this world so she bowed her head a little bit in thanks before she would follow him back to the open expanse at the top of the tower. A ship would fly in and past the large area as she was lead to the Speaker's area of the tower, from the hall, that would be on the right.

Upon reaching the new area Millie would look around... The Traveler in perfect frame through the window. Just... What was that? And did everyone wear the same kind of armor around here?!

Millie glanced at the small haloghraphic projectors... Man, if this world could make her feel any more alien, she would be surprised. Yeah, the cat ears and tail didn't help matters, but she was the only one in normal clothing... Wait, there was someone just outside walking past that seemed to be a normal human. Millie sighed. Well, now she didn't have to feel awkward about not having the armor.

--------------------
Millie Sentinal ()
Jacob Signar
Xia
PM
^
D241
 Posted: Aug 20 2016, 12:41 PM
Experienced

N/A

The Speaker turned to face the trio milling about in what served as his office. He struck an imposing figure, standing as he was with the Traveler hanging silent in the background. Something about the sight always managed to inspire awe in Dex's emotion matrix; he suspected that there was some calculated purpose behind it.

"I believe that I might know what it is that you seek," the Speaker began. "Sometime ago, the Warlock Order sense a pair of powerful forces gathering in the Black Garden. A pair of Interferences came to blows there using dark powers. I fear that the conflict there has opened a portal connecting the Dark Realm to this place." He paused to let the gravity of his words sink in. Something like that in a place like the Black Garden was just asking for trouble.

"Well, that ain't good," Dex said, stating the obvious.

"Clearly," Cage added.

--------------------
PM
^
Millie Sentinal
 Posted: Aug 20 2016, 02:36 PM
Sage

N/A

"Do you have any more details regarding it?" Millie asked, hoping what she assumed was correct. It had to be her sister, right? Her ears twitched as she waited for an answer.

"I've dealt with Darkness before, but... The Realm Of Darkness, to my understanding is as dangerous as they come. If there is a portal leading there we either need an great amount if Light... Or a Key." Millie sounded a little anxious about all this... Just what could have made a permanent Corridor?

F̨̀͡ú̧͟͡c̸̸̨͜k͘͟.̢̨̢̡.̶̴̕͝.̨̨̛͘͡ ̸͝T̢͠o͡ǫ̸̶̨͠ ̷͝d̶̡̡̕͝à̴̕͠͡n̴̡͟͞g̛͏̵͘e̵̵̕͢͢ŗ̶̢̛o͢͟ù̴s̶̀͘!̶̨̛̀
͜
̴͜͢͞͡
̢̕͟C̶̕͞à̢͏̨n̶̢ ̵͏̡̕y͏͞ó̵̷u͟͞ ̵̶̕e͏̀͏̸v̷̡͜én͡͏̛.̸͞͏.͏́̕͝҉.̀͞!̵͜͝

Millie's ears twitched and she looked around. That voice? Was that Animus? She couldn't tell, it was too distorted... Millie held her head a bit, making sure not to be too obvious.

--------------------
Millie Sentinal ()
Jacob Signar
Xia
PM
^
D241
 Posted: Aug 20 2016, 03:08 PM
Experienced

N/A

The Speaker's head shook slowly, a negative to the question posed to him. "Our knowledge of the incident in question is limited. I wish that I had more for you. Something to mitigate the danger of what I'm about to ask you to do." He took a pair of steps toward the trio, squaring his shoulder with them.

"You want us to do something about the portal, don't you?" Cage guessed. "To close it before something terrible happens." The mask bobbed down then up: yes. Dex crossed his arms over his chest and put his business face on.

"Be straight with me, Speaker," he said. "What are we walking into?" The man remained silent, possibly measuring the words he was poised to speak before speaking them.

"I believe that a creature of great power has taken the portal as it's own," the mask spoke. "It gathers power there. Feeds on the malefic forces seeping through. I fear that if it is not dealt with soon, it will be too powerful to push back."

"And then, we're all dead," Dex finished. "Welp, sound like a job for us, eh kid?" He nudged Millie with his elbow.

--------------------
PM
^
Millie Sentinal
 Posted: Aug 20 2016, 03:46 PM
Sage

N/A

Millie looked down a little sad that there was no further information. Well, even so, this would be bad for this world to leave it just sitting there, if Heartless started flooding through.

"Right. I'll help as much as I can." Millie glanced at the Traveler, the amount of light exuding from it even though it was dormant. Her ears flattened a small bit.

"And, I've noticed that everyone here wears virtually the same armor..." She looked at Dex for that part. "Could you tell me more about the locations? They kind of remind me of something from my own home."

She was thinking that they were similar to planets in the real world, and by extension, couldn't breath on.

--------------------
Millie Sentinal ()
Jacob Signar
Xia
PM
^
D241
 Posted: Aug 20 2016, 04:12 PM
Experienced

N/A

"I will try to explain as much as I can," the Speaker said. "Just now that the wonders of the Golden Age have there marks upon each planet in the Solar System, including a breathable atmosphere."

"And besides, I'll get you some gear to help you along the way," Dex added. The Speaker nodded. "So you see, there is nothing to fear of the environment."

--------------------
PM
^
Millie Sentinal
 Posted: Aug 20 2016, 04:30 PM
Sage

N/A

She nodded to Dex. "Alright. Breathable, that's good." Millie sighed a little. Then looked at Dex. "You know the way, correct?"

Millie tilted her head and looked over the Speaker for a moment, then the haloghraphic pedestals that ringed the area. That tech would be useful, but that could wait till later. Her tail wagged a small bit. "Jeez, George would love it here in a way."

She folded her arms as she looked around. "What can I expect?"

--------------------
Millie Sentinal ()
Jacob Signar
Xia
PM
^
D241
 Posted: Aug 20 2016, 07:37 PM
Experienced

N/A

"I'm sure that Dexter will be able to fill you in on the details." The Speaker said as he turned to the set of stairs leading to his desk. His ghost materialized over his shoulder, whispering something into his ear. "I have other matters that must be attended to."

Dex freed his hands and arms from their own grips. "Well, kid, let's get ourselves to Mars. I'll tell you about the Vex on the way. And the Taken. And pretty much everything else we'll probably be running into." He turned and led the way to the shipyard with a breathless explanation of the possible threats the pair could face.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A ship fell out of warpspace less than half an hour later and made its way to the red orb that was the fourth planet from the sun. Somehow, Dex had found a way to talk endlessly about what he knew of the enemy, his personal experience with them, and things that he'd heard second hand. In fact, he was just now beginning to finish up. "...so you can guess that everyone was a little bit confused about it. I mean, how does it make sense that you killed a time-traveling god of all things?!" Words stopped tumbling from his voice modulator for what seemed like the first time in an eternity.

"Anywho, here we are."

--------------------
PM
^
Millie Sentinal
 Posted: Aug 20 2016, 07:51 PM
Sage

N/A

Millie blinked... Took a breath and decided not to question anything. Her attention turning vaguely to the red orb of Mars. She expected this to be weird. Especially with this new armor she was wearing. It seemed tight but was loose. And... Well, she wasn't wearingnit at the moment. Millie had found out that this stuff could absorb other armors. On complete accident. Her Dragon Scale armor was no more. Good news was, all the enchantments on that armor some how transferred to this new armor. Which meant she could summon it at any point.

"Mars... Always dreamed of some how exploring this place when I was younger... Well... Not this specific kind of Mars... Ugh, forget I said anything." Millie sighed. She watched the globe get closer. Millie summoned the new armor to her body, overlapping her simple clothing. The helmet over lapping her head... And she took it off, that did not feel good on her ears. It would be a good idea to have it on once they came into combat, but it sure as hell was not comfortable.

--------------------
Millie Sentinal ()
Jacob Signar
Xia
PM
^
D241
 Posted: Aug 21 2016, 02:34 PM
Experienced

N/A

"Yeah there's some good locales to go spelunking through," Dex confirmed. "Good loot to, if ya know where to look." The ship started to rumble ever so slightly as it ripped through the planet's upper atmosphere. Outer plating started to pick up a little heat from the friction but nothing it couldn't handle. Then, it was over and he was pointing the prow towards the beacon in the Black Garden. A short flight brought them hovering over the beacon for a transmat down to the surface.

A shimmering veil of sparks enveloped the exo's head as the ship turned about and made for orbit. The veil dispersed moments later, revealing the helm Dex had chosen for the mission. He pulled The First Curse from it's holster with a spin on his trigger finger before settling it firmly in his grip.

"Welp, time for some fun," he said gleefully.

--------------------
PM
^
Millie Sentinal
 Posted: Aug 21 2016, 08:26 PM
Sage

N/A

Millie blinked up beside him. "Yeah, lets." She drew no weapon and just followed. Her eyes would hang on he ceiling for a small bit in awe. The perfectly square edges, the erosion. This place had been here for a long time. Then Millie saw one of the Vex, seeming to be in stasis. She walked up to one.

Gently pressing her cybernetic arm to it. There was a small amount of sparks... When she saw the white light and face approaching door in her mind, she pulled her hand away. "They're... Alive?" Millie gulped and looked at her hand... She had just nearly attempted what was apparently Human Transmutation. Granted it was an accident... But she didn't want to lose anything else...

Millie looked back at Dex and decide to just punch the Vex. She didn't want it coming back to haunt them later. The resting robot crumpled to the ground in pieces.

--------------------
Millie Sentinal ()
Jacob Signar
Xia
PM
^
D241
 Posted: Aug 21 2016, 09:09 PM
Experienced

N/A

"Yep, the Vex have some weirdness to them alright," Dex confirmed. "Most people say the same thing about us Exos, but we aren't near as crazy as those things." He indicated another of the dormant Vex with a wave of his hand. Most of them were covered with so much moss and other detritus that it was obvious most hadn't moved in decades, possibly centuries.

"Time to get moving. Oh, and, uh, try not to punch anymore of those? Unless, you know they're shooting at'cha." Dexter moved further in, pointedly ignoring the dormant machines. Through the utilitarian halls he went, weapon held at the ready, eyes moving up to the radar in the upper right of his HUD.

A series of bleeps sounded in his aural sensors and a window opened in the left corner of his vision. Below the window was Cage's IFF tag. "I'm definitely picking up something dark in the Garden's center. And... oh my..."

That wasn't good.

"Talk to me, buddy; what's going on." There was a pause. It put him on edge; Cage only stopped midsentence when something bad was up.

"It would appear that a large number of Taken are already converging on the anomaly. And the Hive. And a good number of Vex constructs as well." Yep, definitely bad.

"We'll have to cut through 'em all," Dex stated. A group of Taken stepped out of nothing bar the way forward: a swarm of thralls, acolytes and a pair of boomer-wielding knights. Dex's hands came up in a flash and he squeezed off the first of many rounds. It took a thrall square in the face, sending it back to whatever twisted realm it came from. "Ready, kiddo?"

--------------------
PM
^
Millie Sentinal
 Posted: Aug 21 2016, 09:33 PM
Sage

N/A

Millie's ears twitched as she summoned her blade to hand. She didn't bring any long range weaponry with her, possibly a bad idea, but for now... She looked at her right hand... She was going to regret this! It glowed with a dark eldritch energy, but it wasn't bad, nor good. It just was. An instant later she vanished and reappeared on the other side of a Taken Acolyte, her sword cleaving it in two.

It would fall down, twitch for a moment before gong still. This was a bad idea. She extended her right hand and pulled up, vanishing again and reappearingin the air, only to drop down on the Taken Phalanx. Her sword carving into its head. It was a gruesome show of strength.

The Phalanx would twist and contort until it vanished in a swirl of energy.

Millie panted a little... Damn it... His outside power was useful... But she still didn't want it. "Yeah... Ready." Millie finally said as she jumped back several feet, riding the shockwave of the other Phalanx.

--------------------
Millie Sentinal ()
Jacob Signar
Xia
PM
^
D241
 Posted: Aug 22 2016, 07:14 PM
Experienced

N/A

"Wow, she's almost as reckless as you are," Cage said. Dex, for once, seemed a touch speechless. There were so few among the ranks of his fellow Guardians that could match his fast-paced style. Seeing it partially matched by a girl barely out of her mid-teens was a little... difficult to accept; he wasn't one that liked being out done.

'Cage, I'ma need you to switch out for Bladedancer," he said calmly as he put another round into a acolyte's head. "And make sure that all the flashy bits are on." Another round down range, another head popped. He was going to lose the residual light that he'd collected thus far, but it would be worth it in the end. "Oh, and bring the bones out from the vault."

"On it." The Ghost set about the task with gusto that was rare for him. In the heat of combat, he switched gears from insufferable prude to swift thinker. Sparks suffused the Guardian's boots and helmet. Moments later they disappeared, showing that the changes wrought upon his appearance. Bony protrusions marked his shins and his helm no longer carried the exotic power of his previous one.

Another, less obvious change came over him. The slightest crackle of electricity ran through his frame, supercharging his muscle fibers and movements. A pair of thralls charged him with claws raised to rend his armor. A whoosh filled the air and Dex was gone, leaving only empty air for the thralls to connect with. Two shots rang out and their head popped shortly after.

A few taken heads turned skyward followed swiftly by their weapons. They took aim and fired upon the Exo, who'd somehow ended up floating midair, weapons bared and smoking. The Taken let loose with a hail of Void and Solar. Then, another whoosh and Dex was gone. He reappeared behind a phalanx, flashed forward with his knife drawn, and stabbed the corrupted space turtle in the back; it swirl into a hole in the fabric of reality until nothing remained.

"Showoff," Cage said.

--------------------
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
RPG-D || Teen Titans GO~ || The Games

Disclaimer: using the Split Lock skin by DoubleXXCross will not give you a suit of armour.
But even if it did, you can still very much get shot in the face.