photo the_inter.png

Welcome to the Interference: Multiverse, a video game crossover roleplayed inspired by The Interference fanfiction series by Newbiespud.

Quick Links
Updates

Last Updated: 11/6/2017

Last update for anyone who still visits the forum here. Most of us have moved to a new location. If you want to find us then we are located here: Scrap City

Join Chat Server
Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

» You must name the thread. (Bees is not an option), A Future Madman Appears (sans blue box)
Aragonius
 Posted: Dec 30 2013, 08:07 PM
Veteran

N/A

Group: Members
Member No.: 50

"OH KRONG! NOT THE BEES!" Tippy screamed as he awoke with a sudden start. His last sight before blacking out had been a swarm of dark, eldritch bee's similar to the ones his father had filled entire journal pages with rambling descriptions of. Supposedly they burrowed into their victim's "thinkmeats" and wrought unspeakable horrors. He shuddered at the recollection of the journal entry before his surroundings finally began to register. He seemed to be inside a vast underground chamber. There was a large door and on the opposite wall there was a giant keyhole. For some reason the hole in the wall made him extremely uncomfortable, looking at it felt like looking at a hole in the world. Tippy began to back away from it slowly before averting his gaze and turning tail. He booked it out of the room eventually finding himself in grand treasure hall.

"Oh my Krong..." he said as his eyes fell upon the wealth laid out before him. "This stuff must be worth millions of zorkmids! But I can't carry all of this... I wish I had a lutfisk cube. I could grab the choicest items and turn the rest into lutfisk." Lutfisk earmarked as a future offering to the Lutfisk god had an odd property of being weightless and not taking up any space. Lacking a cube Tippy instead set himself to scanning the room for immediately usable materials. He would try to craft as much as he could with what was on hand and then stuff his pockets with as much loot as possible before moving on. As he considered how to most effectively plunder this chamber's riches he failed to notice a dark mist behind begin coalescing into multiple large rotund figures...

--------------------
Characters
(Robot "Wizard") | (Aspiring Archmage) | (Reluctant Mad Artificer)
(Incubus Inventor)

PM Email
^
Auragongal
 Posted: Dec 31 2013, 03:24 PM
Renowned

N/A

Group: Character Moderator
Member No.: 7

Elsewhere in the Cave of Wonders, Drizzt Do'Urden was exploring the area, after having heard about it in Agrabah. Though the city reminded him of Calimport, with the noticeable differences of there being no actual port in the landlocked city as well as no signs of anyone like Artemis Entreri, the lavender eyed ranger did have to admit that the locals were much similar to the Calimshites in Faerun, as he had to once again hide his appearance beneath the hood of his cloak, or else be mistaken for a monster... again.

In any event, after preparing for the trek across the desert to the cave, which looked like a tiger's head on the outside, the ranger carefully made his way through the halls, Twinkle being used to detect trouble as he also made sure to avoid triggering any traps. Of course, it was then that his ears caught a voice, and curious, followed it. Looking into the room that held a lot of treasure, which was being pilfered by someone, the ranger soon spotted the large figures, heartless no doubt, gathering behind the stranger, and worried that he didn't realize he was in danger, the drow then shouted.

"Behind you!"

--------------------
Characters:
Legode Rydrion, the Blue Skinned Druid(Please keep in mind that while Legode is female, she looks highly bifauxnen/ manly in appearance. She never really developed in the chest area. Also has a Dire Wolf as her druidic animal companion. Do not call said companion a puppy/treat him like a house pet.)
Drizzt Do'Urden(Canon Character)
Aria Token(Mute, Hotblooded, Battling Ballerina)
PM Email
^
Wahnsinniger
 Posted: Dec 31 2013, 04:00 PM
Powerful

N/A

Group: Global Moderator
Member No.: 27

Large Bodies, the dreadnaughts of the Arabian Heartless menagerie. Almost completely impervious to frontal assault, they relied on their toughness and overwhelming mass to take down their chosen prey, usually without too much effort. Usually. This time however, a staccato burst of sharp cracks sounded out from behind Drizzt when he called out the danger, one for each of the blubbery behemoths. Their heads exploded into swirling shadows at the bark of Ethan's until-now mint condition rifle, its first three rounds finding their marks cleanly.

"I knew I got this thing for a reason." the man wielding it chortled jubilantly as the Heartless staggered around, waiting for their heads to reform from the smoky chaos that they had become. Tall and completely bald, Ethan cut an imposing figure in the dim torchlight, the bulk of the shield on his back making him seem far larger than he actually was. His slightly tattered duster swirled as he stuffed the rifle back into the scabbard hidden beneath his shield.

"Hit them in the face or in the back, pops. Their bellies are pretty tough." he said to his drow companion as he drew the Mare's Leg that had been hanging from his hip. (He'd decided to bring his guns today, no matter what Drizzt said. He'd spent good Munny on the damned things and by god he'd use them.) Racking the short shotgun's lever and relishing the smooth clik-chak! it replied with, he stepped forward to get to work on the reeling monsters behind the oddly lanky looter they'd found.

"Well? You going to move, or wait for those guys to figure out what's going on and swat you?" This little quip was addressed to the previously oblivious Tippy.

--------------------
PM
^
Marshtomp8
 Posted: Dec 31 2013, 08:12 PM
Newcomer

N/A

Member No.: 49

As another of those Large Bodies bounded towards the group, an arrow sailed from out of the shadows to strike the beast, sticking in its rotund belly for a moment before ice spread out from the shot to quickly encase the beast in a frozen prison. Mere seconds later Link charged into the room, Megaton Hammer at the ready and swung out at the Heartless with a battle cry, the mighty hammer smashing his foe into tiny shards and scattering them into the piles of gold.

Link smiled to himself at dispatching what he had quickly learnt was a difficult foe, but didn't take too long to revel in his small victory, his eyes darting around the room to notice Tippy, Ethan and Drizzt, holding the hammer in one hand and bringing up his Hylian Shield in the other, taking up a defensive stance as he eye'd the others wearily.
PM
^
Aragonius
 Posted: Jan 1 2014, 08:54 PM
Veteran

N/A

Tippy momentarily stared at the dark skinned elf in front of him in wonder. He'd only seen elves before in pictures, he thought they had gone extinct during the plastic wars against the dwarves. Before he had time to react to the warning another figure had showed up firing a strange wand at targets behind him. He turned around just in time to see one of the three huge headless figures become encased in ice.

"No! I'm underleveled for this dungeon floor! If you beat the monsters with me around..." Tippy shouted too late and cut off as the creature proceeded to shatter, revealing another elven looking man wielding a hammer. He felt the "experience" him like a rush and found himself leveling not once but twice. It felt good, his mind already flooding with an increased understanding of wand care and potion distillation. But he reminded himself that's how the curse worked. It felt good to instantly know new things. It was trying to wet his appetite, tempt him to seek more experience. He had to get out of here.

"I think you fellows have this situationed handled eh? I should probably get out of your way..." Tippy said as he prepared to beat a hasty retreat. The longer he stayed the more likely another one of those creatures would be defeated while he was still in range. From his father's notes he had learned that experience gained from the felling of foes would have exponentially diminishing returns. But even so he didn't want to risk gaining anymore.

--------------------
Characters
(Incubus Inventor)

PM Email
^
Auragongal
 Posted: Jan 1 2014, 09:17 PM
Renowned

N/A

Drizzt would have drawn his scimitars and joined the fight... if Ethan's shots hadn't been so close. As his sensitive ears picked up the gunfire and forced him to the ground in pain, he didn't get a chance to hear his student's tip on how to defeat the large bodies. Once the pain subsided, he managed to hear the cry of yet another newcomer, this one looking like an elf as he attacked a frozen heartless and smashed it with his large hammer.

An elf. An actual, normal looking elf. Drizzt couldn't believe it, and hoped that this one was from his homeworld. Though, when he looked towards the ranger, Ethan, and the wizard that seemed to spout nonsense before trying to leave, the insignia on the shield was unknown to the dark elf.

"You could not think to leave me one to fight?" Drizzt said to ethan as he slowly got up once the surprise of seeing another elf passed, as to him, the enemies had been taken out completely by the strange elf and Ethan's gunfire. Turning around and giving the human a dark look, that voiced his annoyance with the firearms, he then turned to the elf and spoke up, holding his hands up to try and show he wasn't wanting to fight the stranger.

"Put your sword away," he said, cautiously taking a step forward, "We are not with those monsters, and are only here to explore this place. My name is Drizzt Do'Urden, could you please introduce yourself?"

--------------------
Characters:
Legode Rydrion, the Blue Skinned Druid(Please keep in mind that while Legode is female, she looks highly bifauxnen/ manly in appearance. She never really developed in the chest area. Also has a Dire Wolf as her druidic animal companion. Do not call said companion a puppy/treat him like a house pet.)
PM Email
^
Marshtomp8
 Posted: Jan 1 2014, 09:43 PM
Newcomer

N/A

Link looks between the others, very quickly deciding they were of no threat to anyone and holstering his weapons away with a small sigh of relief. Link only just now let his eyes out of his tunnel vision like combat focus to look around the room, his eyes widening at the sights of all this treasure, just simply scattered about... though they were no Rupee's, further solidifying that this was for sure not Hyrule, despite how much this place seemed like a Gerudo temple.

Link's attention was caught by the elf who had not joined in on the combat as he walked closer, the Hylian eyeing up the elf cautiously before giving a small nod to himself, noting that he could trust these people, though a little cautious about the one who was so keen to run away. "Link." he simply replied with quietly, his voice sounding a tad strange and a little rough, the man stepping forth to meet Drizzt with an extended hand, ready to shake his own.
PM
^
Wahnsinniger
 Posted: Jan 1 2014, 10:31 PM
Powerful

N/A

"Link?" Ethan asked, his interest suddenly piqued as he holstered his shotgun.

"Hang on stretch, you aren't going anywhere just yet. Squishy strawman like you won't last ten seconds in here if you wander off. Which Link?" This question was followed by a cursory inspection of the green-suited newcomer, taking in the distinctive shield with the Hylian Crest and the winged Master Sword on his back. Collaring the scrawny wizard guy before he could wander off, Ethan tugged him back towards the group and turned to address his mentor.

"I know of the guy in the green tunic. He's the Hero of Time. The shield is a dead giveaway. Even more famous than you in some circles. So, what's the rush string bean? You in a hurry to get dogpiled by Heartless?" The last comment was aimed at Tippy.

--------------------
PM
^
Aragonius
 Posted: Jan 2 2014, 03:45 PM
Veteran

N/A

"Oh crap." Tippy thought as he failed to flee in time. He felt the "experience" rush form the demise of the remaining monsters and he leveled up twice more. This time gaining some minor insight into tinkering and the inspiration to create a sonic blaster as soon as possible. He was now level 5. While he didn't feel any madder he supposed that would be something he wouldn't be able to objectively determine.

"Well it's too late now so theres no point in running. But I was trying to avoid gaining any experience from this encounter. I'm trying to avoid leveling up." He said as he was manhandled by the wielder of what upon further inspection seemed to be some sort of sort of applied rogue science rather than a wand. He doubted the stranger would believe him. Nobody ever did except for other members of his family when he started talking about the curse and leveling. "My name is Tyler Tippecanoe Tipperton XVI, most call me Tippy. I'm but the latest in a cursed lineage of adventures forced to make our way through Lord Dredmor's dungeon till we die, most often from ill judgement induced by madness." Now that he thought about it the curse didn't seem all bad, with the madness came power... But then he chided himself, that was the curse talking.

"I need to find the exit portal to this Wizard Land and get back to the dungeon proper without engaging any enemies. I'm trying to pace my advancement, enjoy my last periods of sanity before I go the way of my forefathers." As he said this Tippy failed to notice that a barely audible drumming had begun in a corner of his mind. Four faint repeating beats beginning what would be an endless loop.

--------------------
Characters
(Incubus Inventor)

PM Email
^
Auragongal
 Posted: Jan 2 2014, 04:06 PM
Renowned

N/A

Drizzt smiled as the elf, Link, spoke and the ranger soon walked closer to shake the blond's hand.

"Well met." he then said, and then turned his head to look at Ethan when he spoke.

"Hero of time?" he then asked, raising an eyebrow in confusion. Of course, hearing that in Ethan's world, at least from what he guessed, that Link was more famous than the drow, he sighed a bit and turned back to the hero. "Pardon my student if he embarrassed you, there are times when even I barely have an idea of what he is talking about."

After hearing the wizard, Tippy, speak up though Drizzt let go of Link's hand and ran his own through his thick white hair. The young man's family was cursed with madness? Now that was just plain odd to him, but then again, a similar family came to mind.

"Tyler, you would not, by any chance, be a distant relative of a family called Harpell, would you?" he then asked, "While I have not heard of this 'Dredmor,' I must admit that you remind me of them... though more fearful of the future then they are when it comes to their magic."

--------------------
Characters:
PM Email
^
Marshtomp8
 Posted: Jan 2 2014, 04:21 PM
Newcomer

N/A

Link griped Drizzt's hand and shaked it firmly, giving the elf a friendly smile and a nod in response to his greeting.

Link was however very caught off guard by Ethan, and just how much he knew.. how could someone he'd never even seen before know so much about him, especially his title of Hero of Time. As far as Link knew, only the seven sages knew of that title! Though perhaps most unnerving of all was that little question he first asked 'Which Link?' ..What could it mean?

Still, Link snapped out of his trance just as soon as Tippy finished explaining, unfortunately picking up on absolutely nothing the wizard had said, not that it would mean much to him anyway. (His distant relative from Zelda II however...) Link turned his attention to Ethan and asked the burning questions on his mind as well as the young man could: "You know?"
PM
^
Wahnsinniger
 Posted: Jan 2 2014, 05:04 PM
Powerful

N/A

"Seven shiny medals, three glowing rocks, two ocarinas and a partridge in a pear tree. Also several close encounters with Hyrule's horniest Zoran Princess. Ruto, right? Yes, I know. I know the events of your life from the moment Navi turned up on your doorstep until the moment when Zelda sent you back to your own time, and more besides. I'm guessing you haven't been to Termina yet, though; you're a little too... lively to have been through that particular bundle of laughs." Ethan was enjoying himself a little more than was strictly necessary, given the circumstances. Flaunting his knowledge of Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask was fun, but it was clearly a bit of a shock for poor Link. Maybe he should ease up a bit.

"Hey, listen." he continued after a moment, slapping Link on the shoulder with a wink and a sly grin. "Don't let my uncanny knowledge of things shake you up too much. You've run across crazy witches, evil warlocks and demon kings. One oddball oracle isn't too much for the bearer of the Triforce of Courage to cope with, right?"

--------------------
PM
^
Aragonius
 Posted: Jan 2 2014, 06:15 PM
Veteran

N/A

"Harpell? I've never heard of them, as for my fear of the future. I read my fathers journal and in it I got to see a first hand account of a descent into madness. His dabbling in the direct manipulation of mana only seemed to magnify his mental instability. I may be fated to go mad but if I must I at least know well enough to avoid spell casting. Lest numbers start whispering to me, evil bees try to infest my thinkmeats, and the stars grow vocal in their displeasure at my failure to observe them. Despite the difficulty of doing so several floors underground." Tippy told Drizzt.

He thought to himself wands were different, they were safe. With them he wasn't actually channeling mana but merely activating a device that contain stored charges. He lamented the fact that his journey through the portal seemed to have consumed a portion of his inventory including all his wands. He would need to make new ones as soon as time permitted. And a sonic projector, it would go bang and make things go boom. There was a hint of a mad gleam in his eyes as he then declared. "Science! Now that should provide me with a lot more stability than magic."

Between talking to Drizzt and thinking of what to craft next Tippy had failed to pay attention to much of the conversation occurring between Link and the as of yet unnamed man. He did manage to catch his mention of being an oracle however and so Tippy turned to ask. "Hey Boomstick man, can you use your oracle powers to tell me where the nearest portal back to where I came from is?"

--------------------
Characters
(Incubus Inventor)

PM Email
^
Auragongal
 Posted: Jan 2 2014, 08:29 PM
Renowned

N/A

While Ethan continued to confuse Drizzt with what he said, he groaned as he spoke to Link once more.

"If he says anything that makes no sense, I usually just ignore it." he said, "Again, I apologize for any trouble he is causing you Link, perhaps the next lesson he learns will be one of knowing when not to talk about things that might not make sense to others."

The drow's tone as he mentioned the lesson became one of annoyance, and then got a rather mischievous thought as he then added, "Perhaps some playtime with Guen could help with that, she does love to be out and about after all."

Of course, Drizzt also would sometimes have Guen help with Ethan's training, and other times the great panther was around, he would have her pin Ethan to the ground, followed by the panther pretending to fall asleep.

Of course, as Tippy mentioned his reasons for his fear, and then mentioning Science, Drizzt wondered if the man did indeed start going insane and failed to notice it. While he didn't doubt the curse existed, the way the man spoke about bees, numbers and the like did not help to support the truth of the matter. Of course, when he asked Ethan about the nearest portal, the drow then smirked a bit.

"Yes Ethan," he said, "Why don't you use your 'oracle' powers to assist the poor man? Then again, they don't always work like you expect them too, do they?"

--------------------
Characters:
PM Email
^
Wahnsinniger
 Posted: Jan 3 2014, 09:11 PM
Powerful

N/A

"Save Point's at the top of the caverns, just past the hall filled with flamethrower traps, the thousand foot shaft with the magic elevator that seems to attract hordes of Heartless every time you so much as look at it, and this one delightful little jumping puzzle that involves lots of really small poles spaced really far apart in a bottomless pit. Of course, that's not exactly what you're after; the Save's just a portal to Interspace. Whether you can find your world again or not all depends on your personal grit and intestinal fortitude. You have been pumping that stat, haven't you?" Ethan said, gesturing back over his shoulder at the stairwell. Shadows danced ominously, almost mockingly within its sand-strewn depths, as if daring Tippy to make a break for it.

He made his entire spiel whist barely maintaining a straight face, and the elbow he jabbed at Drizzt had a distinct 'shut up and let me have my fun' air to it. Sometimes, being the only person in the room from the "hub" world that contained the library of games the multiverse seemed determined to pull from was a lot of fun.

--------------------
PM
^
Marshtomp8
 Posted: Jan 4 2014, 02:45 PM
Newcomer

N/A

Link padded at all the places he once kept those items at Ethan lists them off, though he paused at the partridge in a pair tree, rather unsure if he ever actually had one of those... though the comment about Ruto crashed that train of thought very quickly, Link let out a rather shocked "G-Geh!" at Ethan's...unique description of the Zora Princess. Link's lack of experience with Termina showed in spades as Link looked completely gone out from hearing about that part of his future, staying this way for a few moments while letting out an elongated "Eeeeeehhhhh?"

The familiar call of 'Hey Listen' quickly snapped Link back to reality, shaking his head quickly at Ethan's question "Confusing..though." Linked replied while scratching his head beneath his signature hat, as he looked between the human, the elf and the wizard as they all conversed about things that only made things more confusing for him...the Hylian very much wished the group would go back to something he understood better soon.. like monster slaying or puzzle solving!
PM
^
Aragonius
 Posted: Jan 4 2014, 04:03 PM
Veteran

N/A

"Save point?!?" Tippy said. Shuddered as he realized the oracle Ethan had implied that save scumming existed in this wizard land. He had to get out of here all the sooner! The Over Gods of the Roguelike Realms did not take kindly to the circumvention of permadeath. Save scumming was the highest blasphemy of all, they might send him to Diggle Hell if they thought he had partaken in it. Like the experience and leveling, awareness of gods above Krong and the Lutefisk God seemed to be limited to members of his family. He envied those who were blissfully unaware of Lord Angband, Nethack The Unforgiving, and Rogue The Primordial. They were cruel and capricious gods who delighted in the sight of YASD (Yet another stupid death).

"Are there any other ways out of this place? I can't dabble in saving. The Over Gods might find out." Tippy lowered his voice as he said this, as if afraid they might overhear. He considered risking it if he could get the materials for some invisibility potions. Those would help him get past the enemy mobs undetected and perhaps if Krong was kind shield him from the Over God's sight. He figured he should be able to disarm the flame throwers with some tinkering. Meaning that the only seemingly insurmountable obstacle between him and escape from this god forsaken wizard land was a bottomless pit. Hmm perhaps he could span the chasm with a crossbow and some copper wires twined together into a strong enough cord... Tippy was shaken out of his planning when it struck him how risky it all was. He would have never even considered a plan like this before. The leveling was getting to him.

--------------------
Characters
(Incubus Inventor)

PM Email
^
Auragongal
 Posted: Jan 4 2014, 05:16 PM
Renowned

N/A

Drizzt, once again had no clue what Tippy was talking about as he ran his fingers through his hair in annoyance.

"The save points are really more like... portals to one's ship from the world." he said, doing his best to explain, "Unless either of you have one, it will be my own. As far as I am aware, there is no alternative routes other than what Ethan explained. And the elevator is an exaggeration. There was not that many heartless."

Of course, he then figured that if there was a chance more heartless appeared, Drizzt would best bring out his dearest friend Guenhwyvar, the panther most likely enjoying a chance of having some fun. Reaching into his pocket, the drow then pulled out the onyx figurine and set it on the ground while it was save.

"Guenhwyvar, come to me." he said, and the figurine was soon surrounded by a white mist that moved to the ranger's side and formed into the shape of a large panther. Picking the figurine back up to carry it with him, and so that Guen wouldn't end up back in the cave after she vanished, the drow then patted the great cat's neck and smiled.

"My friend," he said to the cat, pointing her towards Link and Tippy, "These two are most likely trapped down here, you, Ethan and I are going to help them out of this room, understand?"

Thecat nodded and sat on her hind legs, while Drizzt took a moment to pick up a few small treasures and some gold from the horde and placing them into his bag. Looking towards Link and Ethan, he smiled a bit.

"Take a little bit of what's here if you wish. After that, we shall be moving towards the exit."

--------------------
Characters:
PM Email
^
Wahnsinniger
 Posted: Jan 4 2014, 06:06 PM
Powerful

N/A

"No!" Ethan barked suddenly. "Don't...touch...anything. This is the Cave of Wonders, not some long-lost king's forgotten tomb. This place deals harshly with light-fingered guests, since the one thing you are allowed to take has long since been removed. Link's Longshot might let him make a clean escape if you provoke the cave's wrath, and Drizzt and I would somehow manage to survive because he's got plot armor to spare, but it's really not worth the risk. I don't feel like trying to tunnel through a thousand feet of collapsed stone and smothering sand to get back to the surface."

--------------------
PM
^
Marshtomp8
 Posted: Jan 4 2014, 07:19 PM
Newcomer

N/A

As Link began to actually listen to the comments properly a twinge of familiarity rushed over him.. the idea of a world between worlds..it sounded, familiar, but from where and why?

And yet that train of thought, much like many others would have to be saved for later, as Drizzt summoned a mighty Battle Cat to his side, the Hylian taking a few steps away from the thing, but generally getting the idea that it was well tamed, the elf seemed to have good control over it after all. The whole act reminded him of Epona's Song, so this was one of the least unfamiliar things that had happened yet.

Link nodded to Drizzt, getting the feeling whatever this place was, his Rupee's wouldn't be all that useful. Link walked over to one of the treasure mounds with a hand outstretched to take just enough to fill his Giant's Wallet, but Ethan's call stopped him dead in his tracks before he could even grab so much as a handful. Although a specific method of escaping the rooms inevitable traps had been offered to him, Link decided it was likely not worth the risk and the young man picked up one of the ice shard's he had created earlier instead and moved to Drizzt and Ethan to point at it and ask "Heartless?"
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
RPG-D || Teen Titans GO~ || The Games

Disclaimer: using the Split Lock skin by DoubleXXCross will not give you a suit of armour.
But even if it did, you can still very much get shot in the face.