photo the_inter.png

Welcome to the Interference: Multiverse, a video game crossover roleplayed inspired by The Interference fanfiction series by Newbiespud.

Quick Links
Updates

Last Updated: 11/6/2017

Last update for anyone who still visits the forum here. Most of us have moved to a new location. If you want to find us then we are located here: Scrap City

Join Chat Server
Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

» You must name the thread. (Bees is not an option), A Future Madman Appears (sans blue box)
Aragonius
 Posted: Jan 6 2014, 02:37 PM
Veteran

N/A

Group: Members
Member No.: 50

"Krong darn it" Tippy said when he was told all the loot around him was cursed. He turned to look at the gleaming piles of gold and gems. There were so many choice alchemical reagents and crafting materials. His reduced aversion to risk tried to tempt him into pocketing some anyways but he resisted."Over leveled mobs, worthless loot, and implied risk of save scumming. This might very well be Diggle Hell." He went on to remark. He wondered if mere possession of a Necroeconimicaly tainted journal had been enough to damn him.

Upon hearing Link's question Tippy turned back to Ethan and Drizzt, also intrigued to learn more about the local mobs. The more he knew about their habits the easier they should be to evade he reasoned. A small part of him wanted to vent his frustration by finding a way to start killing them enmass. If he was in Diggle Hell anyways why not take the plunge into madness and rule the infernal roost. The barely perceptible drumming in his head briefly intensified in tempo while he contemplated this. But eventually settled down as he abandoned the notion for now.

"Yeah these heartless, are they some sort of demonic enforcers?" Tippy asked as he remembered Brax. The shopkeeper employed the services of an endless horde of demons to deal with anyone foolish enough to steal from him.

--------------------
Characters
(Robot "Wizard") | (Aspiring Archmage) | (Reluctant Mad Artificer)
(Incubus Inventor)

PM Email
^
Auragongal
 Posted: Jan 6 2014, 03:10 PM
Renowned

N/A

Group: Character Moderator
Member No.: 7

"Yes, that is what is left of a heartless." Drizzt said to Link, and looked over at Tippy as he ranted away about Diggles, and things that really caused the drow to question the young man's sanity before answering his question. "From what I have seen, the heartless are more like... monsters from the plane of shadows than demons. I've... battled demons before, and I can assure you that they are nothing like the heartless."

Of course, with things like Mariliths, balors, manes, and glabezu, the ranger did not feel like mentioning just how the monsters differed from the heartless, especially as memories of his second battle with Errtu came to mind, and how often he was electrocuted in room made of melting ice. Of course, how the drow survived that at all was pure luck, but it did make him realize that he seemed to have a knack for getting hit with a lightning spell.

Guen's growl drew him out of his thoughts though, and he smiled as he watched her move over to Link and Tippy, taking a moment to seemingly inspect them before heading back over to Drizzt, the large panther nuzzling against the ranger for a moment as he petted her head.

"Perhaps we should get moving." he then said, "Guen, Ethan and I shall take point position, and lead you two out of this place."

--------------------
Characters:
Legode Rydrion, the Blue Skinned Druid(Please keep in mind that while Legode is female, she looks highly bifauxnen/ manly in appearance. She never really developed in the chest area. Also has a Dire Wolf as her druidic animal companion. Do not call said companion a puppy/treat him like a house pet.)
Drizzt Do'Urden(Canon Character)
Aria Token(Mute, Hotblooded, Battling Ballerina)
PM Email
^
Wahnsinniger
 Posted: Jan 6 2014, 03:37 PM
Powerful

N/A

Group: Global Moderator
Member No.: 27

"Let's go, he says. Take point, he says." Ethan groused, kicking a pebble petulantly as he vented his frustrations. It had been a long, tedious trek down here, and they hadn't even made it to the boss cavern yet. The pebble skipped away and spanged off of a gong, causing it to shift slightly. "Yes massuh, it's not like we didn't work hard enough getting down here, no reason to stop and enjoy the scenery or anyth-"

A large pile of treasure suddenly took it into its shiny head to avalanche, sliding down and burying Ethan up to the waist in priceless baubles. That gong had been the only thing keeping that particular heap in such a neatly stacked spire, and the loss of its support had been catastrophic.

There was a beat of silence before the room's only pureblood human deadpanned, "I don't wanna talk about it."

As he wrestled himself free of the bullion, his twisting and squirming inadvertently revealed a curved object made of shiny red metal, inlaid with gold in a vaguely familiar pattern. Taking a moment out of his busy day to shovel aside some of the scattered treasure, the object was revealed to be the lid of a chest, sealed tight with an obscenely large keyhole in the front.

"Hello, what have we here?"

--------------------
PM
^
Marshtomp8
 Posted: Jan 7 2014, 04:53 PM
Newcomer

N/A

Member No.: 49

Link looked down at the ice shard and pondered Drizzt's response.. shadow beings? Not the first time he'd run into the likes of those, and this time he had Light Arrows at his dispense. Very heavy magic consuming Light Arrows... perhaps best not to abuse those before Link found a way to restore his magic, though with a Wizard nearby, maybe just maybe that might be easier than he'd thought.

Link nodded in response to the plan of moving from the chamber. Though he wasn't a big fan of not leading the charge, these two clearly know their way around here and more so about this whole world, it would be smart to let them lead. Link drew his trademark Sword and Shield, ready to move on and face whatever comes next.

Although a treasure avalanche was not what he expected, Link jumped back with a "Wuuuhuh!" and narrowly avoided getting caught himself. Link scratched the back of his head with his shield hand while staring at Ethan as he lifts up his new found treasure chest prize, quite unlike the ones back in Hyrule, certainly not with a keyhole that size! "Chest? No key..." he commented "Should leave it." if the room was any bit protective as these two had lead him to believe, they chest held nothing good for them.
PM
^
Aragonius
 Posted: Jan 7 2014, 07:13 PM
Veteran

N/A

"Weren't you the one who just said and I quote. "Don't...touch...anything. This is the Cave of Wonders, not some long-lost king's forgotten tomb. This place deals harshly with light-fingered guests."" Tippy said as he glared at Ethan. The way the "oracle" had spoken had led Tippy to believe all the loot was all cursed. But this wasn't apparently true. If even only 1% of all this material was uncursed and usable it would be worthwhile to camp out and sift through it. He could make himself a crude wand of bling if he could just get ahold of two ingot's worth of uncursed gold. Why he could even make a sonic wand with just two ingots worth of brass.

"Just how much of this treasure is cursed and in what way? Cause if some of it isn't I'm thinking of taking my chances and letting you guys go on ahead without me. I'll make camp in this chamber for a few days while I comb through it for anything usable." He figured he could build some traps to keep those "Heartless" out of the chamber and claim it as his base of operations. Once he made enough equipment to reliably navigate this portion of the dungeon without engaging in combat. He'd be able to navigate this place and search for the portal that lead back to the main dungeon proper on his own. There was always a return portal somewhere in a wizard land according to his father's notes contrary to what the boom stick toting oracle had implied.

It then struck him that there was a possibility that these individuals were agents of Dredmor trying to lead him astray. The phantom beat in his head sped up as this paranoid thought crossed his mind. What were the chances that he'd encounter two unrelated elves in such a short time frame? Dredmor might have sent them to try and get him to move through the dungeon at a faster pace and level up. Perhaps so he could amuse himself with observing his slip into madness... Before he could continue down this paranoid course of thought he realised that this was sounding crazy. He banished the notion in his mind for now and the still unnoticed drum beat in his mind returned to "normal".

"Drizzt you're a Golemmancer right? Would you mind partially sealing the exits to this room when you leave?" Tippy asked. Having seen the dark elf turn a small statue into a familiar had left him thinking he was a practitioner of that branch of magic.

--------------------
Characters
(Incubus Inventor)

PM Email
^
Auragongal
 Posted: Jan 7 2014, 07:46 PM
Renowned

N/A

Drizzt watched as Ethan ended up hit with a treasure avalanche, and chuckled.

"I think this was your own fault here." he said, smirking a bit before his student pulled out the chest. "And I do not think anything of mine is in there... so you keep what is in there."

Listening to Link's comments, the drow then sighed as he realized that Ethan did have the key. "Ethan does have a key... well, a large weapon shaped like one, as ridiculous as it is."

Of course, before he could say anymore, the drow was beset by Tippy's requests, and confused that he was called a golemancer.

"I... am not a mage." Drizzt said, blinking in confusion as he tried to figure out what the man meant, "I am a ranger, I do not use magic spells."

The panther next to him then growled, before heading over to Ethan and putting a paw on the bald man's shoulder to try and help him get over any mockery.

--------------------
Characters:
Legode Rydrion, the Blue Skinned Druid(Please keep in mind that while Legode is female, she looks highly bifauxnen/ manly in appearance. She never really developed in the chest area. Also has a Dire Wolf as her druidic animal companion. Do not call said companion a puppy/treat him like a house pet.)
PM Email
^
Wahnsinniger
 Posted: Jan 7 2014, 08:08 PM
Powerful

N/A

"That's true." Ethan said, patting the paw that had been laid on his shoulder and winking at the summoned panther attached to it. "I did say that, didn't I?"

Stepping away from Guen and shaking a few loose coins out of his jacket, he proceeded to hook his finger into something that didn't seem to exist before breaking into a lazy twirling motion, like a bored young man spinning a trinket around to amuse himself. Magic started to coalesce around his finger in an ever-thickening fog of sparkly stuff and heavily warped spacetime, forming a rough disk shape.

"The way I see it, ninety-nine point nine percent of the objects in here were always here, and are under the protections of the Cave's guardian. If you choose poorly and piss him off, he brings the whole shebang down on your head in a slurry of red-hot gravel and molten gold." The disk was quite opaque by this point, and a shape whirled around within it, trailing a heavy whoosh noise in its wake as it continued its orbit of his finger.

"I hypothesize that the obviously mana-produced quality of this chest clearly separates it from the hand-cast and manually crafted nature of the vast, vast majority of these treasures. It doesn't fit in, doesn't belong in the hoard. Therefore, this is one of the very few items currently up for grabs, possibly even the only one..." Ethan flicked his finger and the disk of magic whirled into the air before collapsing with a flash. Moments later, a Keyblade thumped back down into his hand and gleamed oddly in the torchlight, as though it was lit from within. "...and I'm the only one here with the tools to access it. Any other arguments?"

He didn't wait for an answer before giving the polished metal box a solid thump across the lid, provoking a brilliant spatter of sparks. The lid swung open silently, releasing a lone bubble that floated at eye level for a moment before Ethan reached out and burst it with a touch. A heavy chain dropped into his palm, fairly crackling with enchantment as the links rubbed together.

"...and there we have it, folks! A total absence of calamity. How about that." he gloated as he threaded the chain through the shoulder strap of his duster and hooked it over to let it hang decoratively. "Nice. Welp, I'm satisfied with that result. You ready to go, pops?"

--------------------
PM
^
Marshtomp8
 Posted: Jan 8 2014, 11:05 PM
Newcomer

N/A

Member No.: 49

While Ethan begins talking about what does and doesn't belong in this room, the ready for action Hylian finally decides to do something and made his way out of the room as everyone was distracted, looking for adventure and possibly a way back home.

(I'll be leaving this rp now, it's not working out for me. Sorry to waste your time.)
PM
^
Aragonius
 Posted: Jan 8 2014, 11:50 PM
Veteran

N/A

"OK then, objects that look like they have been magicked into existence are safe? That chest was hidden under a treasure pile. Implying there are possibly more like it buried in these shiny trash heaps." Tippy proclaimed. In his mind unclaimable treasure was the most useless form of trash. "We should take the time to sift through these glittering refuse mounds and see if anything else of value is hidden." His instinct to collect every single unclaimed usable object of worth flared. It had been beaten into him early on in his training that every single bit of usable inventory clutter might be the item that later comes back to save his life in a time of need. As such it pained him to leave behind anything of value.

"I'd stay behind and do this on my own but hmm... It's likely that any other chests are gonna also need to be opened by a silly looking key like the one you have eh? So how bout you stay with me a bit longer to search? If your set on leaving right away though, is there a way you could leave behind a duplicate of that key for me? Or perhaps some lock picks?" Tippy found himself wishing he'd chosen burglary as one of his 7 skill disciplines. Having an infinite use lock pick was sounding pretty nice right now. The oracle seemed like he hadn't wanted to start heading out right away. He hoped he'd be willing to linger and that the dark elf wouldn't insist on him leaving.

--------------------
Characters
(Incubus Inventor)

PM Email
^
Auragongal
 Posted: Jan 9 2014, 05:46 PM
Renowned

N/A

Guen simply growled contently as she went back to Drizzt's side, as the drow looked at Ethan as he explained things, rather impressed, and also a little confused, by his student's intelligence. Taking note of what the human pulled out of the chest, and then put on his coat, the drow nodded.

"Of course." he said, and then looked towards Tippy as he made his request. Giving the mage an incredulous look, Drizzt ran his fingers through his hair and looked at Ethan again to silently ask his student to help drag the mage along before answering the other man's question.

"I would rather you come with us for your own safety." he said, "And as for the key... I do not think Ethan cannot make a copy of it."

With that, Drizzt and Guen started heading out of the room, only to stop and wait on Ethan and Tyler to follow them.

--------------------
Characters:
PM Email
^
Wahnsinniger
 Posted: Jan 9 2014, 06:05 PM
Powerful

N/A

"Magical sentient swords are notoriously hard to copy. Okay Tiptup, here's the deal; either you come with us and we all set forth in search of adventure. loose women and Drizzt's sense of humor, or you stay here and dig through thousands of tons of worthless metal in search of locked chests you can't open. I'm sure a fresh wave of Heartless will be along shortly to help you sort through all this mess." Ethan said, stepping forward to seize Tippy by the elbow before starting after Drizzt. "Side note, you don't actually have a choice; staying here long term is a death sentence. Uninhabitable desert cave filled with hostile wildlife and all that. You'd be a corpse before the day is out."

--------------------
PM
^
Aragonius
 Posted: Jan 9 2014, 10:19 PM
Veteran

N/A

"My entire life since I set foot in the dungeon is a death sentence. I'm fairly confident that I will be able to postpone the execution of said sentence. At least until the day that I become unhinged enough to start anticipating it..." Tippy remarked and then continued "But bah, fine! But if you find yourself bleeding out later on due to some grievous injury, I'm gonna remind you about how I could have probably made a few some relevant potions from what we could have found in this room." A well stocked inventory of materials and equipment. That was one of the keys to avoiding YASD within the walls of the dungeon. You never knew when you'd be trapped in a situation of near certain death that could only be averted by the use of a specific item.

He'd been on his way to amassing what would be the beginnings of his comfortably cluttered inventory before the incident with the portal striped him of his wands other materials. "Let's go, we can die here or there or where ever really, doesn't matter." Tippy said as he gave up and decided to "Relax and Unwind". Tippy realized long ago he could achieve a degree of relaxation and restorative stress relief by just simply turning of his neurotic impulse to prepare for every situation that might result in death. He tried to avoid doing it very often because he figured that he would most likely one day kick the bucket while in that state.

"I'll just go with the flow then, lead on." Tippy said as the faint phantom beat in his head disappeared and his body lost it's normally tense and rigid posture. "Onwards to adventure and loose women."

--------------------
Characters
(Incubus Inventor)

PM Email
^
Auragongal
 Posted: Jan 9 2014, 10:43 PM
Renowned

N/A

"I'd rather avoid the 'Loose Women' part." Drizzt said, giving Ethan a look for the sense of humor comment before dryly adding, "Besides, I am quite sure that it would better to let sleeping dragons lie... before either of you got the bright idea of waking it up before killing it, if we encounter any in the first place."

Chuckling as he remembered the second encounter he had with dragons overall, and how Wulfgar really did wake it up for an "honorable battle" instead of leaving it alone and killing it then and there, which led to a rather memorable battle in the end, the ranger continued leading the group back the way he and Ethan came. Guenhwyvar moving to the back to make sure that nothing attacked Tippy from behind, especially since as he remembered correctly, mages tended to be rather vulnerable. His memories then turned to the death of Akar Kessel, and the avalanche that caused it. As he looked up at the cieling for a moment, the drow also hoped that there wasn't a cave in, wisely not voicing his concerns lest he jinx the group.

--------------------
Characters:
PM Email
^
Wahnsinniger
 Posted: Jan 9 2014, 11:22 PM
Powerful

N/A

"Knock on wood." Ethan quipped as the party mounted the stairs, a bit disappointed with the excursion as a whole but glad that nothing particularly injurious had occurred. It was a lengthy climb through the smoky cavern fug, but eventually they emerged in the elevator chamber, a massive hollow in the earth that seemed to yawn into infinity in all directions. The ceiling loomed above at a dizzying height and the floor didn't seem to exist at all; everything about the space they were in defied logic and reason. It was as though the little ledge with its free-floating, circular (and suspiciously arena-like) elevator were the only things in the endless oblivion.

"Well, here's our ride. Ladies first."

--------------------
PM
^
Aragonius
 Posted: Jan 10 2014, 12:15 AM
Veteran

N/A

Tippy looked around the cavern and felt at ease. Bottomless pit's were a common thing in Dredmor's dungeon and this was the first time in ages that he'd been granted relief from the claustrophobic sensation of a low ceiling hemming him in. The dimensions of the room didn't make the utmost logical sense but then again that was part the norm for a wizardland according to his father's notes.

"Well then if you insist." Tippy humorously said as he proceeded to curtsy before stepping onto the platform. While he waited for the others to board he began rummaging around his robes for his camera. In his blissfully mellow state he figured it would be nice to get a few snapshots of the massive chamber for future recollection. He took one of the looming ceiling and another one of the yawning chasm before turning around to catch Drizzt and Ethan in the lens's sight.

"Say Gouda!" He chipperly exclaimed. Before subjecting the both of them to a ridiculously stunning bright flash.

--------------------
Characters
(Incubus Inventor)

PM Email
^
Auragongal
 Posted: Jan 10 2014, 12:34 AM
Renowned

N/A

Guen roared at the sudden flash, while Drizzt covered his eyes and cursed at the unnaturally bright light from the odd device. His eyes stung more than any other time in his life, and it was all thanks to that blasted device Tyler used.

Once his vision cleared though, he and also Guen boarded the Elevator. Once on the machine, he frowned at Tippy and also gave a look that pretty much said "Never do that again."

--------------------
Characters:
PM Email
^
Wahnsinniger
 Posted: Jan 10 2014, 05:11 AM
Powerful

N/A

Ka-chik.

Ka-chik.

"Say Gouda!"

Nope. Ethan thought as Tippy whirled around, brandishing his camera to immortalize their stunned faces in all their overexposed glory. Not today, pal.

So it was that when the flashbulb went off, Ethan's eyes were safely closed.

--------------------
PM
^
Aragonius
 Posted: Jan 10 2014, 07:42 AM
Veteran

N/A

Tippy grinned as the camera spat out the freshly snapped photos. "Hmm I should start a journal of my own. These could go in among my first few entries. " Tippy said to himself as he looked at the pictures. Seeing Drizzt's glare Tippy brandished the last photo and said "Take a look, it's an ok shot. Ethan's got his eyes closed but eh I find myself thinking it's fitting. It captured the moment exactly as it was and that's all that really matters." In his relaxed and unwound state Tippy felt like a vacationer taking a tour through the dungeon like if it were a local landmark. Being this carefree was a refreshing experience but it was already starting to slowly fade away. A niggling voice in his head admonished him to let the calm pass despite his desire to avert it's end. So he instead opted to ride the slow transition back to his normal frame of mind.

"This elevator. How does it work? How does it float? Has it ever malfunctioned?" He asked as his natural concern and paranoia began to bleed back into his inquisitive, temporary tourist like mindset.

--------------------
Characters
(Incubus Inventor)

PM Email
^
Auragongal
 Posted: Jan 11 2014, 01:08 PM
Renowned

N/A

Drizzt looked at the photo and frowned as it had caught him looking stunned, and his pupils were barely noticeable thanks to the flash. Of course, he also wasn't sure how to feel about this as cameras did not exist in his world, and for now just felt uncomfortable.

Of course, when the mage asked how the elevator looked, Drizzt had absolutely no idea how to answer it and only helplessly shrugged before looking at Ethan, the human knowing more about technology than him.

--------------------
Characters:
PM Email
^
Wahnsinniger
 Posted: Jan 11 2014, 06:17 PM
Powerful

N/A

"It's a five thousand ton slab of stone with no visible supports or means of locomotion. I'd say magic is the only viable answer." Ethan said shortly, stepping onto the platform and inspecting the photo.

"Polaroid, huh? Where'd you get that? Come on Pops, we've got places to be." he asked, before gesturing to the bewildered Ranger currently loafing around on the ledge. Poor guy apparently couldn't wrap his head around the concept of a camera.

--------------------
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
RPG-D || Teen Titans GO~ || The Games

Disclaimer: using the Split Lock skin by DoubleXXCross will not give you a suit of armour.
But even if it did, you can still very much get shot in the face.