photo the_inter.png

<% NEWS %>
Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

» Whole New World!, Enter: The Shining Sapphire!
Gorgoth
 Posted: Oct 3 2014, 06:32 PM
Veteran

N/A

Group: Members
Member No.: 59

Sapphire woke up to sand. Lots of it.

Opening her eyes, she sat up with Pain. Rubbing her head, she joked to herself "Anyone get the Licence Plate of the truck that hit me?" Looking around, see saw nothing but sand. "Well. I dunno how I got here, but I might be in trouble." She looked up and saw the sun peaking up over the Horizon. Better get going, if this is a Desert, I don't wanna be out while the sun is up. After a bit of walking, she thought she saw buildings in the distance. She hurried her way over.

--------------------
PM
^
Tarkya
 Posted: Oct 3 2014, 07:56 PM
Veteran

The sun will rise.

Group: Global Moderator
Member No.: 8

It was still (apparently) early enough that things weren't too hot, but Jake had lived in hot places all his life, and he knew that it wouldn't be long before it got dangerous. How exactly he'd ended up in this desert city was a bit fuzzy. He remembered being with Eva, and then a painful familiarity and splitting headache, and then... here. If something had happened between those two points, he couldn't remember it.

Oh well. He'd have to clear it up with her later. Right now he just wanted to find a way off this world, or at least a place where he could sit down without getting too much attention. That search had led him to the edge of the city, beyond which he could only see endless desert... and... a person?

Only an interference would be crazy enough to go walking across a desert. He considered running out to meet whoever it was, but he didn't want to deal with any more sun than he had to. Instead he waited for the person to come closer to to the city gates.

--------------------
PM AIM MSN
^
Gorgoth
 Posted: Oct 3 2014, 08:21 PM
Veteran

N/A

Sapphire sighed in relief as she got to the gates. "Made it! now I just need to figure out where this place is!" She noticed the guy by the gate and waved. "Hey there! You know what this place is called?" she said as she ran up to him.

--------------------
PM
^
Tarkya
 Posted: Oct 5 2014, 11:26 PM
Veteran

The sun will rise.

Jake raised a hand in greeting as Sapphire approached, being sure to give her a quick once over. Older than her, dressed in modern clothing... definitely not a native, so he considered his prior assumption confirmed.

"Well, it's hard to say," Jake replied, making a show of looking back into the city. "But going by all the sand and heat and what I've heard, it's probably the city from that one Disney movie. Aladdin, wasn't it?" He shrugged, and looked back to Sapphire with a lopsided grin. "With a question like that, I'm guessing you're new. Tell me, did you get the 'blinding lights' song and dance, too?"

--------------------
PM AIM MSN
^
Gorgoth
 Posted: Oct 8 2014, 11:14 PM
Veteran

N/A

Sapphire raised a eyebrow. "Aladdin huh? Riiiiiiiight... Next You're gonna be talking about flying Monkeys from the Wizard of Oz or something..." She mumbled to herself, though it could probably be easily heard. "All I know is I'm sitting at my computer, and a Bright light happened, Next thing I know I'm in the middle of the Desert. Is that the kind of thing you meant?"

--------------------
PM
^
Tarkya
 Posted: Oct 9 2014, 12:12 AM
Veteran

The sun will rise.

"No, no flying monkeys," Jake scoffed, waving a hand in the air as if trying to shoo the very thought away. "Talking cats, on the other hand..."

He paused eyes narrowing, and abruptly shoved his hand into his pocket. The last thing he needed was this new girl to see it flickering. Instead, he turned his attention to Sapphire's question. He nodded in agreement. "Yup, that's pretty much how it went. Tried to play a bit of Pokemon, and then," he gestured broadly with his free hand, "all of this."

He offered his hand to Sapphire. "M'name's Jake, by the way. Looks like I get to be your guide to these worlds... whatever that ends up entailing."

--------------------
PM AIM MSN
^
Gorgoth
 Posted: Oct 9 2014, 12:19 AM
Veteran

N/A

Sapphire took his hand and shook it. "Thanks for the help! I'm Sapphire. Good to meet you! By the way... What do you mean 'Worlds'? You mean like Mars and all them? I didn't know there were people up there. Pretty awesome."

--------------------
PM
^
Tarkya
 Posted: Oct 9 2014, 12:28 AM
Veteran

The sun will rise.

"Sapphire, huh? Parents must have had some fancy tastes. You take nicknames?"

Jake left the question hanging, shaking his head in response to Sapphire's. "No, not Mars. Though it might be out there somewhere, I dunno. I mean places like this. Like Wonderland." He ran his hand through his hair and sighed. "Y'ever play the Kingdom Hearts games? Flying around from Disney movie to Disney movie, mucking about with Heartless and other things? That's what I mean."

--------------------
PM AIM MSN
^
Gorgoth
 Posted: Oct 9 2014, 12:36 AM
Veteran

N/A

"Nicknames are fine, but I gotta approve them first." She said with a grin. "Kingdom Hearts!? Good game... Wait! You don't mean..." She trailed off eyes and mouth wide open in shock.

--------------------
PM
^
Tarkya
 Posted: Oct 9 2014, 12:50 AM
Veteran

The sun will rise.

Jake nodded. "Yeah. Welcome to a teenager's dream come true."

The staticky numbness in his hand had faded, so he pulled it out of his pocket so he could clasp both of them behind his head. "Only played the GBA version myself. Wouldn't have recognized it if it hadn't been for the lady I met back in Wonderland. Same situation as us." He glanced sideways at Sapphire. "And then we had to deal with monsters. Let me tell you, fighting video game monsters in real life is not fun."

A flicker went through him as he recalled the memory. No, not fun at all. He shook his head and dropped his hands back into his pockets. "So you gotta be careful here. Find some way to defend yourself, because those Heartless and whatever else are out there seem very interested in folks like us..."

--------------------
PM AIM MSN
^
Gorgoth
 Posted: Oct 9 2014, 01:18 AM
Veteran

N/A

Sapphires stomach growled a little. "I wonder if I still have that candy bar?" She says while reaching into her pockets. She didn't feel the candy bar but she did feel something else. Pulling the stuff out, there was a sword in a scabbard, and a 9MM pistol in a holster. "Where the hell did these come from?" she asked. "And what happened to my candy bar!" She said, frowning. "Well, that solves the defending myself problem at least. but I'm still hungry..." She said with a sad tone. "and I don't have any Money..."

--------------------
PM
^
Tarkya
 Posted: Oct 10 2014, 01:13 AM
Veteran

The sun will rise.

Jake raised an eyebrow as Sapphire pulled the two weapons out, seemingly from nowhere, but it wasn't the most surprising thing he'd seen. "Looks like you've got that more than covered."

He idly pulled a large gameboy from his pocket, passing it from hand to hand. "Would've been nice to have been dropped here with a sword... I can clobber a few shadows around with this, at least." And well, other ways, but he didn't need to bring that up.

"Speaking of clobbering shadows... I bet we could find some of them for some quick munny. There's gotta be a place selling food around here somewhere, right?" Jake put the gameboy back in his pocket, and spun towards the town's entrance. "Besides, it'll let you get used to the weapons before it gets too hot."

He gestured for Sapphire to follow, and then proceeded into the town with a whistle.

--------------------
PM AIM MSN
^
Gorgoth
 Posted: Oct 10 2014, 01:35 AM
Veteran

N/A

"Uhhh, ok." Sapphire responded as she followed. she was a bit scared of fighting the Heartless in real life, but her sense of adventure overpowered whatever fear she might have had.

--------------------
PM
^
Tarkya
 Posted: Oct 10 2014, 02:47 PM
Veteran

The sun will rise.

It didn't take long for the first Heartless to show up. As if on cue, a number of Bandits burst out from nowhere, forming a ragged circle around Jake and Sapphire and waving their swords so they flashed in the sunlight.

"Well then," Jake said, the air around him starting to flicker as he gestured to the approaching Heartless with an unpleasant grin. "You've got the sword and the gun. Have at them!"

--------------------
PM AIM MSN
^
Gorgoth
 Posted: Oct 13 2014, 05:16 AM
Veteran

N/A

Sapphire did a doubletake. "Wait, you aren't gonna help? But-" She was cut off by one of the heartless jumping at her. "OH SHI-" BANG-BANG-BANG! She fired her gun at it on pure reflex, forgetting about her previous complaint as she tried to fend the Heartless off. Strangely, even though she had never used a sword or gun in her life, she was putting them into pretty good effect now. maybe it was survival instinct doing the work. She sure didn't know, or care. Holding the sword in one hand, Pistol in the other, She would fire at far off Heartless with the gun whiles slashing the ones who managed to get close with the sword. she took a few hits in the process, but had manage to clean up the group of heartless within a few minutes, and was catching her breath. "That. *gasp* Was. *gasp* Not. *gasp* Fun." She takes a deep breath as she gets her breathing semi-normal again.

--------------------
PM
^
Tarkya
 Posted: Oct 25 2014, 12:12 AM
Veteran

The sun will rise.

Jake was more or less content to stand back while Sapphire fought the Heartless. After all, he didn't really have a weapon for things with swords, and he wasn't sure he wanted to pull out his abilities in front of this person just yet-

Scratch that, he thought, as one of the Bandits turned its attention towards him. The bandit dived at him, but Jake suddenly flickered out of sight. He reappeared moments later, the air around him flickering grey, and with a growl he shoved a hand into the heartless' face. There was a hiss, and the Heartless suddenly backed off and ran back into the fray, flailing its sword through a number of Bandits before being taken down itself.

He was still flickering at the edges as Sapphire cleared up the last of the heartless, and he was having trouble getting it to stop. Well, maybe she won't notice, he thought as he approached her with a cheerful wave. "You certainly know how to handle those things. Bet the Heartless weren't expecting all of that." He dug in his pocket and pulled out a bottle of green liquid. "Here, this should patch you up."

--------------------
PM AIM MSN
^
Gorgoth
 Posted: Oct 25 2014, 06:12 AM
Veteran

N/A

Sapphire was still breathing heavily as she accepted the potion and drank it. "Th-thanks. To tell the truth, I wasn't even expecting that. I thought I was gonna die!" She said, as she picked up some of the Golden crystal things that had been scattered from the battle. "So what are these anyways?" She asked

--------------------
PM
^
Tarkya
 Posted: Nov 9 2014, 06:28 PM
Veteran

The sun will rise.

"That's..." Jake paused, trying to come up with an answer. Eva had never really given told him what they were, even though he'd pocketed some of them himself. They looked valuable, though. "Not sure. Money, maybe? Video game monsters are always dropping stuff to spend."

He looked back into the city. "Maybe you can shove them in some shopkeeper's face and see how they respond? Maybe they'll think it's gold and take it."

--------------------
PM AIM MSN
^
Gorgoth
 Posted: Nov 9 2014, 06:35 PM
Veteran

N/A

Sapphire sighed. "Well, worth a shot." She said as she looked for a food shop. "By the way, what's with your arm?" she asked while they looked.

--------------------
PM
^
Tarkya
 Posted: Nov 9 2014, 06:55 PM
Veteran

The sun will rise.

"My arm?" Jake glanced down to see that he was still looking a little glitchy. He shook it with a frown, but it didn't seem to want to subside. He shoved his hand into his pocket, as if trying to conceal the effect, but it didn't do much. "Oh, ah... it's just something that's been happening since I got here. Nothing to worry about." He looked for something to shift the topic of conversation, and spotted what looked like some stalls down the road. "Hey, I bet they're selling something to eat over there," he said, pointing with his other arm.

--------------------
PM AIM MSN
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
RPG-D || Teen Titans GO~ || The Games

Disclaimer: using the Split Lock skin by DoubleXXCross will not give you a suit of armour.
But even if it did, you can still very much get shot in the face.