photo the_inter.png

<% NEWS %>
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

» Fangs and Circuts
Masterweaver
 Posted: Sep 26 2012, 05:32 PM
Explorer

N/A

Group: Members
Member No.: 28

Hot.

Bright.

Sand in his claws...

Fiachra clicked in distaste, shaking himself as he continued on. His nanites were keeping him alive, but they weren't keeping him comfortable by any means. The pace he had adapted was methodical but brisk, not fast enough to tire him out but still rather rapid. Follow the sun, follow the sun...

What planet was this? Atmosphere, but no habitation... not even a terraforming machine in sight. Obviously undiscovered. More then likely he was trapped until a survey crew came out here. Which... might not be in his lifetime. What sort of revolution was that mad saurian talking about, wormholes to planetary surfaces were ubiquitous.

No matter. Survival.

He ran across the dunes, letting his mind drop into a simple command as its higher functions slept. Follow the sun, follow the sun...

A city?

Fiachra perked, stopping suddenly. Hmm. A city. Briefly he flicked open his hacker pack, scanning for communications of any kind. The results produced from him a frustrated growl; not even primitive RADIO could be found. Still, the city didn't seem to be ruined or dilapidated, although its design was strange for a colony; fancy and impractical. Well. Fiachra flickered his frills. Better then nothing.

Running down the dunes, he approached the city walls. Of course he activated his cloak before he could be spotted by any theoretical guards, but when he passed through the gates he realized it would probably be best to keep his cloak on.

Humans.

Everywhere....

"A lost colony," he muttered, "still thriving..."

--------------------
PM
^
quatermass
 Posted: Sep 29 2012, 11:03 AM
Survivor

N/A

Member No.: 15

Sand, that was the first thing Nina thought about Agrabah, so much sand. It got everywhere, in her shoes, in her eyes and in her hair. The stuff was everywhere, and the multitude of people in the marketplace kicking up the stuff or brining it in from the desert did not help. Nina coughed, the stuff was getting in her throat now. She thought it would have been fun to visit Agrabah first, to meet up with the Genie and have all kinds of fun adventures. But all she got was sand and even worse....people trying to sell her things.

"My dear, would you care for some lotion to protect your skin from this heat only..."

"Traveller, you look hungry, how about some sweet plums?"

"No one should be without one of my camels, now with minimal spitting."

"One hundred percent gold chains, these would look lovely on you my dear."

"Perfume from the far east, smell just like a princess who bathed in Asses milk!"

Nina groaned, she must have come during rush hour, she needed to get out of here and to somewhere quieter to collect her thoughts. She pushed her way through the masses of people and managed to get into an alleyway. She took a few breaths to calm herself down and walked down the alleyway onto a slightly quieter street.

"Man, first world I come to and I'm swamped by people wanting to sell me stuff," Nina said, "Just my lu...oh sorry."

Nina stepped to one side to let the person who bumped into her pass. But when she looked up she saw there was no one there. The street was nearly empty.

"Weird," she said to herself.
PM
^
Masterweaver
 Posted: Sep 29 2012, 12:53 PM
Explorer

N/A

Fiachra froze, observing the human that had bumped into him. No... no, she did not seem to have noticed him, not the sand he kicked up, she was obviously civilian.

Still, there were her words... First world I come to. Reasonable to assume she had access to interplanetary travel. Somehow.

Which meant a way out, a way back to his civilization...

He pressed his invisible gun to her chest. "Do not react. You see nothing, you hear nothing. You will return to the wormhole terminus that brought you here. You will not ask questions."

--------------------
PM
^
quatermass
 Posted: Sep 29 2012, 02:15 PM
Survivor

N/A

"Well you could at least say please." Nina said, not heading his words "I'm not gonna rat you out to the guards, unless you're planning on doing something bad. So if you're not planning to hurt anyone I'll be on my..."

Before she could finish, a number of black voids appeared and at least five Bandit Heartless leaped out, and began to wave their scimitars around. People screamed and ran for shelter. The heartless began attacking the civilians, and one woman fell down and the Heartless advanced on her.

"Disregard that last part," Nina said, unsheathing her sword, "Rescuing time."

One of the Heartless raised up its sword and was about to bring it down on the woman's head when Nina stabbed it right in the chest. The creature evaporated in a puff of black smoke.

"RUN!" Nina shouted at the woman, and the woman was quick to comply.

The Heartless advanced on Nina and surrounded her.

"Bring it on" Nina whispered.
PM
^
Masterweaver
 Posted: Sep 29 2012, 03:03 PM
Explorer

N/A

fyzhen-fyzhen-fyzhen-fyzhen-fyzhen...

Fiachra snorted as the least of the strange shadow beings dissolved, flicking his microgun back into standby. He never did actually like the shocker mode, it was too bright and flashy for his taste and made his weapon look too much like a raygun from old sci-fi, but it didn't drain the microgun's internal ammunition factory and could dispatch smaller drones easily.

Although the reaction that it caused with the strange shadow-creatures was surprising. In fact the presence of shadow=creatures at all was surprising, given that shadow wasn't actually anything. Maybe that's why they went down so easily? He would report this as soon as he got back to the Skyscrapers, a new alien race or, possibly, type of drone was important intelligence.

The still warm tip of his gun was placed against Nina's back, though he kept himself invisible. "I assisted you with the shadow drones. You will take me to the wormhole terminus now."

--------------------
PM
^
quatermass
 Posted: Sep 29 2012, 03:26 PM
Survivor

N/A

"Would it kill you to say please?" Nina said, "I'll take you to a save point, okay? Follow me."

Nina decided that it was best not to mess with the guy who just took down that many heartless in one fell swoop. She walked back into the alleyway and prayed that the crowd from earlier had dispersed. Luckily for her, the recent heartless attack meant most of the shops had closed early, though some were slowly reopening. It was just a walk down the street and they would be fine.

As they walked, Nina found the silence to be rather stifling, so she decided to strike up some conversation.

"So what's with the Mr. Invisible act?" Nina asked, "You got a bad zit on your face?"
PM
^
Masterweaver
 Posted: Sep 29 2012, 03:54 PM
Explorer

N/A

Fiachra did not dignify that with a response. In fact, his only action was to keep following Nina.

Though he was curious why she called a wormhole terminus a "save point."

--------------------
PM
^
quatermass
 Posted: Sep 29 2012, 04:39 PM
Survivor

N/A

"Not a talker huh?" Nina mused, "Well this will be a boring trip."

Eventually they made it to the save point. The round green circle of energy glowed as Nina stepped on it. She felt the strength she had lost slowly returning to her.

"Well here it is," Nina said, "Just step on and get to your spaceship."
PM
^
Tarkya
 Posted: Sep 29 2012, 06:07 PM
Veteran

The sun will rise.

Group: Global Moderator
Member No.: 8

[Got permission from Masterweaver to join]

Awareness came slowly for Taylor, and it didn't come pleasantly. It was bright - too bright, if the painful red coming through her eyelids indicated anything, and it was uncomfortably hot. She was also on the floor, and for a moment she wondered how that had happened. A moment later the memory hit her - she'd fallen. The DDR machine had gone on the fritz and blinded her, and in her confusion she'd slipped and fell. Had she hit her head and blacked out? It seemed like the only explanation.

She got up cautiously, supporting herself on a wall that felt strangely warm and rough, and tried opening her eyes to a squint. For a moment the world was blindingly bright, and then it resolved itself into a dusty sandstone city that certainly wasn't the arcade, or anything in her country. It looked like something straight out of Arabian Nights.

"Where am I?" She lightly slapped herself on the cheek, just in case she was dreaming, but all it did was hurt. She spent a moment wondering if that ever actually worked, and then did the only thing she could think of in this situation - she started walking through the rather empty streets. For what looked like a noonday bazaar there weren't a lot of people, and the few that she saw gave her suspicious looks. Did she really look that out of place?

"Well here it is. Just step on and get to your spaceship."

The word spaceship was like a beacon. A rather confusing and anachronistic one, but something that still promised a future explanation. She walked in the direction the voice had come from, and it wasn't long before Taylor saw a young woman standing in a glowing green circle and talking to herself.

"What the hell?" she said loudly.

--------------------
PM AIM MSN
^
Masterweaver
 Posted: Sep 29 2012, 06:32 PM
Explorer

N/A

"Spaceship--?"

Fiachra fell silent at the arrival of another human, who was staring at the wormhole terminus like it was unnatural. This made sense to him, given how unusually close to the ground the terminus was, and come to think of it the human he had taken hostage hadn't been sucked in by the prime station's attraction field. A terminus without automatic transfer.... her use of the term Spaceship...

This seemed to be a pre-quantum colony, except for the wormhole. Maybe that was the work of the old saurian--no, then the natives wouldn't know about it. Maybe he should have let the target go on their melodramatic rant this one time. It would have given him information.... even if it was unprofessional.

"Do not inform that human of my presence," he hissed. "This terminus is malfunctioning. You will take me to your lodgings for the time being."

--------------------
PM
^
quatermass
 Posted: Sep 29 2012, 07:29 PM
Survivor

N/A

"I'll get to that, just let me help her out," Nina whispered to her captor, "I don't think she's from around here."

She waved to the new arrival. From her clothes and generally confused looking demeanour she definitely did not look like she was from Agrabah.

"Hey there,!" Nina said to her, "Are you lost? 'Cause I can help you out if you are. You see I'm a bit of a tourist myself. And I can tell from your expression that this was a vacation you didn't plan. So I can explain to you just what the hell is going on and stuff. Because that's what I do now...heh heh heh...."

Nina tried to keep an upbeat and peppy attitude, which was pretty hard when someone was pointing a gun in your back.
PM
^
Tarkya
 Posted: Sep 29 2012, 09:15 PM
Veteran

The sun will rise.

Well, this was... convenient. The woman in front of Taylor definitely looked like an outsider - who would ever wear such a hot looking coat in this heat? There was something odd about how she was acting, but then again there was something odd about this entire situation. Maybe it was normal for her to seem so oddly cheerful.

"Yeah, that sounds about right. See, last I checked I was in an arcade, and unless I was out a lot longer than I think, there's no way I could've ended up in some desert town." She reached up to scratch her neck and paused when her hand met something that felt like plastic. Confused, she looked down and noticed that a pair of large red headphones... and the rest of her outfit.

"...Okay, maybe I was out a while, if someone saw fit to change my freaking clothes," Taylor growled. A green shirt? A tie? She fidgeted with the red strip of cloth. She probably looked ridiculous! No wonder this person was acting so weird. She tried not to pay much attention to the outfit and looked back at Nina. "I hope that's a good explanation you've got, because this is getting seriously weird."

--------------------
PM AIM MSN
^
Masterweaver
 Posted: Sep 29 2012, 09:34 PM
Explorer

N/A

Fiachra kept calm, trying to consider the situation fully. Attempting to outright disappear would be suspicious for his hostage, so he didn't protest her actions. And this other woman claimed to have been knocked up in an arcade... in an area outside the desert. This information could be intriguing.

He kept his gunpoint pressed into Nina's back, but offered no protest to her current conversation.

--------------------
PM
^
quatermass
 Posted: Sep 30 2012, 12:14 PM
Survivor

N/A

Nina suppressed a yelp as the gun dug into her back. "Not so hard," She growled out of the corner of her mouth," and she turned her attention back to the new arrival.

"Really? I think they look cool," Nina said sincerely, "Anyway, while you were in the arcade you must have gotten sucked into whatever game you were playing at the moment. Have you ever played Kingdom Hearts? Or seen the Disney movie Aladdin? Doesn't this place look familiar? Oh, I'm Nina by the way, what's your name"
PM
^
Tarkya
 Posted: Sep 30 2012, 01:37 PM
Veteran

The sun will rise.

"Cool, right," Taylor mumbled, tugging at the tie a few more times before leaving it alone. At least her pants had pockets, and she shoved her hands into there and tried to look nonchalant. She was probably doing better than this Nina, if her odd yelp said anything about her personality.

"I was more of a Bluth and PBS kid, but I might've watched Aladdin at some point. And yeah, I did try playing Kingdom Hearts, but what does that have to do with any...thing..." A look of confused realization came onto Taylor's face, and she looked around at the sandy desert city, and how it looked like something you might see in a cartoon...

If thoughts had a sound, then Taylor's would have been a braking train.

"This is a videogame!?"

It wasn't a particularly happy sounding shout.

--------------------
PM AIM MSN
^
Masterweaver
 Posted: Sep 30 2012, 02:16 PM
Explorer

N/A

It was at this point that Fiachra realized his hostage was completely deluded.

The response of the other human was also not very assuring.

But then... the old saurian had been ranting about some sort of revolution...

"...continue," he eventually hissed.

--------------------
PM
^
quatermass
 Posted: Sep 30 2012, 02:39 PM
Survivor

N/A

"Well...yeah" Nina said frankly, "You're in Kingdom Hearts. Agrabah to be exact. This thing I'm standing on? Save point, teleports you to your Gummi ship...spaceship. I'm not too sure how this works either but it has something to do with your heart connecting to a video game and stuff."

Nina realised that she had taken this whole "I'm in a video game" thing really well. She was actually a little proud of herself. But now was not the time for patting herself on the back. She had to help this girl.

"I know this is a lot to take in," Nina said calmly, "But just keep calm, panicking will not help anything. Just think of how cool being in a video game is. Heck I even got some guns, and this cool sword."

Nina drew her sword and showed it to the new arrival. She grinned as it glinted in the sun.
PM
^
Tarkya
 Posted: Sep 30 2012, 03:53 PM
Veteran

The sun will rise.

Taylor's jaw dropped a bit, her face an expression of horrified, wordless disbelief. If Nina's words were an attempt to placate her, it didn't seem to be working, and the way she jumped and stepped back as the sword was drawn was a clear sign of that.

"Keep calm? How the hell do you expect me to keep calm," she shouted, fists clenched at her sides, "when I'm stuck in a video game! Especially this one! We're talking about the game with shadow monsters that eat your heart. You've got a sword, and that's all well and good, but I doubt I can strangle the Heartless with this stupid tie, and..."

...and she was ranting, and at a person who probably was just as much in the dark as she was. That cold finger of thought cut through her rage, and Taylor seemed to deflate. "And... I'm sorry. I shouldn't take it out on you," she said with a sigh. "This is just a lot to take in all at once. 'Cool' isn't the word I'd use for this situation."

--------------------
PM AIM MSN
^
Masterweaver
 Posted: Sep 30 2012, 04:25 PM
Explorer

N/A

The Heartless....

This woman's description of them matched the shadow creatures that had assaulted them earlier. Perhaps... perhaps there was some wisdom to this lunatic's words, although Fiachra had certainly never heard of Kingdom Hearts before. Then again, he dind't play video games that often. How could he gain knowledge of this new realm...

Ah.

There was that.

"We will continue this discussion aboard your vessel," the invisible dinosaur stated clearly, removing his gun from Nina's back. "I doubt that the natives would react well to my appearance."

--------------------
PM
^
quatermass
 Posted: Sep 30 2012, 04:57 PM
Survivor

N/A

"Okay that makes things a lot better," Nina said, relaxing her body, "Okay, all of you guys step on the portal and we can all talk this out."

She walked over to Taylor and grabber her hand. She dragged her over to the portal and placed her on it. She felt around the air beside her and was pretty sure that the...thing that had the gun in her back was beside her. Nina then took a deep breath and thought 'telaport'. The group disappeared in a flash of green light.
-----
The interior of the cockpit Nina's Gummi ship was rather bare bones at the moment, but she hoped to spruce it up and make it a bit more homey. There was a rather nice view of the space outside, with all of the swirling colours and whatnot.

Nina slumped down on the captains seat and took off her coat, hat and sunglasses. She rubbed her forehead and swivelled in her chair around to greet her guests.

"Okay, let's start over," Nina said, "I'm Nina, nice to meet you. And you guys are?"
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
RPG-D || Teen Titans GO~ || The Games

Disclaimer: using the Split Lock skin by DoubleXXCross will not give you a suit of armour.
But even if it did, you can still very much get shot in the face.