photo the_inter.png

<% NEWS %>
Pages: (4) « First ... 2 3 4  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

» Fear and Loathing in the Magic Kingdom
Wahnsinniger
 Posted: Jan 20 2015, 03:00 PM
Powerful

N/A

Group: Global Moderator
Member No.: 27

"Yeah, I'm sure it's just a coincidence. No reason to freak out. I don't wanna know. I don't. I don't wanna actually touch the fourth wall if it's really there. Strange shit happens when you poke it." Ethan muttered feverishly, puffing at the purloined pipe and raising a thick cloud of smoke.

Below them, the newly-christened Wishing Star fired its thrusters and drifted out of the Assembly bay, coming to a stop in the adjacent hangar. She was as sleek and deadly-looking as Ethan had imagined she would be when he had first drawn her up. A pretty little ship indeed.

Now he had to actually get a rein on his life. Just when things seemed to be going fairly smoothly, some shit like this would happen and everything would spiral into the realm of strangeness once more.

--------------------
PM
^
Icefox
 Posted: Jan 20 2015, 03:18 PM
Powerful

N/A

Member No.: 65

Prisma would've continued pushing the point, but she saw the ship drifting off under its own power and headed down the catwalks to follow it out to the hangar bay, where she saw the dock foreman already waiting for them.

"Certainly looks good. When will we be able to check her out fully?"

--------------------
Captain Natalie Prisma
Dutchess "Dovi" Prisma
Paathar Atma, a.k.a. Stoneheart
Selina Williams
Jane Doe
PM
^
Wahnsinniger
 Posted: Jan 20 2015, 03:26 PM
Powerful

N/A

"When? Right this moment if you like. Ours is the very finest shipyard in the entire multiverse, ma'am; if we wanted to, we could build an entire fleet in a week. All that's left to do is take her out for that spin you were after; the Assembler already placed all of your things into the cabin space, bolted down nice and neat so things don't get flung around." the Dockmaster replied with a proud grin, jingling a set of keys in one hand teasingly.

"Well, what are we waiting for then?" Ethan asked as he approached, tossing the pipe he had snatched into a trash bin on the way down the stairs.

--------------------
PM
^
Icefox
 Posted: Jan 20 2015, 03:32 PM
Powerful

N/A

Prisma smiled and took the keys from the foreman before vaulting the railing and jumping down onto the deck in a roll, loving the feel of a new ship below her feet. Upon looking inside, it was everything she could've hoped for. Now it was just a matter of seeing how well it flies, and that was more Ethan's domain for the time being. Trying to cruise out of water was still a little weird for her.

"Ready for her maiden voyage?"

--------------------
Captain Natalie Prisma
Dutchess "Dovi" Prisma
Selina Williams
Jane Doe
PM
^
Wahnsinniger
 Posted: Jan 20 2015, 04:47 PM
Powerful

N/A

"What are you doing standing around on the hull? This is a spacecraft." Ethan asked once he finished the climb down in a more pedestrian manner. Trotting across to the cockpit, he clambered up on top, popped open a hatch and dropped inside.

All manner of systems and control interfaces blinked back at him; this ship had everything. Hopping over to the pilot's seat, he buckled himself in rapidly and started checking everything out. His hands paused in their roving once he found something truly interesting.

"Oh dear. You're kidding. Oh my, oho ho ho! Aww yiss, she's got a sound system!"

Flicking at a touch screen, Ethan scrolled through the list of available tracks.

"Oop, what. What? Well, I guess Disney does technically own the rights to this movie, but still... Screw it, perfect theme song." he murmured, poking at the title and dragging the volume slider about 80% of the way up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6A2V9Bu80J4

"Correction." he said in a voice no one could hear over the thunder of hidden speakers. "She has a nice sound system."

--------------------
PM
^
Icefox
 Posted: Jan 20 2015, 04:51 PM
Powerful

N/A

Prisma joined him in the cockpit after a moment's looking around at the truly staggering number of guns they had, and nearly fell down the ladder to the cabin when he turned the sound on. She slapped the slider down to about 40%, which was still loud but wasn't totally deafening.

"Hey, orbital bombardment needs a good sound system. You think this thing has Shoot to Thrill in it?"

--------------------
Captain Natalie Prisma
Dutchess "Dovi" Prisma
Selina Williams
Jane Doe
PM
^
Wahnsinniger
 Posted: Jan 20 2015, 04:54 PM
Powerful

N/A

"Wait a second."

Ethan jabbed the pause button.

"One Piece land has AC/DC?"

--------------------
PM
^
Icefox
 Posted: Jan 20 2015, 04:56 PM
Powerful

N/A

"I'm more of a Van Halen girl, but yeah, we've got it. Why?"

--------------------
Captain Natalie Prisma
Dutchess "Dovi" Prisma
Selina Williams
Jane Doe
PM
^
Wahnsinniger
 Posted: Jan 20 2015, 05:03 PM
Powerful

N/A

"Wonders never cease..." Reaching back over to the controls, Ethan flipped a couple of toggles marked THRUSTERS into the 'on' position and diddled with the touch screen a bit more.

"And... embarkation set to auto. Here we go."

Four of the smaller Vernier thrusters flared green on the heads-up display. The navigation screen faded, with the words AUTOPILOT blinking across it in large, red letters. The Wishing Star pushed away from the hangar, turned, and started out into the open air.

"And for music... where's it at... Oh, here we go. If we're going to listen to Austrailian dudes wailing and shredding, we might as well pick a song that fits what we're up to." he said, selecting a track and sliding the volume back up just a smidge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2AC41dglnM

The Star cleared the docks, gleaming in the afternoon sunlight. Ethan started engaging the rest of the engines, causing a rising roar of turbulence behind the ship as they idled up to operating capacity.

"Aaah- aah ahh aaaah. Thunder!"

--------------------
PM
^
Icefox
 Posted: Jan 20 2015, 07:30 PM
Powerful

N/A

Prisma settled into the secondary cockpit seat, which seemed to have most of the weapon controls. She could work with this part, no problem. She glanced over at him as the engines spooled up and then out at the blue sky in front of them. That was her sea now.

"Gun it."

--------------------
Captain Natalie Prisma
Dutchess "Dovi" Prisma
Selina Williams
Jane Doe
PM
^
Wahnsinniger
 Posted: Jan 20 2015, 07:43 PM
Powerful

N/A

The sound of the drums
Beating in my heart!
The thunder of guns
Tore me apart

Ethan flicked off the autopilot, grabbed the helm with both hands and tensed. God willing, he wouldn't pass out from this. Taking a deep breath and holding it, he ripped the throttle to full.

You've been...

Thunderstruck!

Vision flickering as the G-forces tore away at him, Ethan narrowed his focus. The acceleration was dire indeed. The blue of the sky lasted for a mere moment before fading to indigo, violet, black. Stars appeared in seconds. The rear camera showed a massive vortex of shredded clouds where the Wishing Star had punched a hole into the exosphere.

His body went limp for an instant and then snapped back to awareness as the g-forces faded. The Star was approaching cruising speed.

--------------------
PM
^
Icefox
 Posted: Jan 20 2015, 07:49 PM
Powerful

N/A

Prisma was really glad they got the extra-large chairs, because if she didn't have a headrest actually at head-level she wasn't at all sure her neck wouldn't have snapped right there. Once she got her eyes working again, they were already up to where she could see the curve of the planet, and there were a few meteors floating overhead. That would do quite nicely.

"Mind if I do a little target practice?"

--------------------
Captain Natalie Prisma
Dutchess "Dovi" Prisma
Selina Williams
Jane Doe
PM
^
Wahnsinniger
 Posted: Jan 20 2015, 07:57 PM
Powerful

N/A

Ethan took a couple of deep, shuddering breaths and selected a nearby asteroid with the nav computer. Setting a course that would take them into orbit around it was a simple matter; the computer already had precalculated figures. All he had to do was push a button and sit back.

"Sure, just let me... collect myself. I wanna see this. God, losing the Key made me a lot squishier. I swear I remember smacking into a planet from orbit and not dying..." he said, unbuckling himself and moving over to the window to watch what would hopefully be a great deal of carnage.

"Alright, open fire."

--------------------
PM
^
Icefox
 Posted: Jan 20 2015, 08:16 PM
Powerful

N/A

Prisma rested her hands on the controls, taking a moment to figure out what all controlled what. It looked like the ball turrets were on an independent system, but most of the heavy artillery was set to fire from where she sat. When she gripped the control sticks, a large targeting reticule appeared on the visor in red, and it was just a matter of pointing with the joystick, flipping open the launch switches until everything was primed, and firing off the first volley of all of their forward guns.

Just the roar of the cannons all firing at once was one thing, but the explosion of the meteor was on a whole next level, even in the void of space.

--------------------
Captain Natalie Prisma
Dutchess "Dovi" Prisma
Selina Williams
Jane Doe
PM
^
Wahnsinniger
 Posted: Jan 20 2015, 08:24 PM
Powerful

N/A

Ethan winced at the flare of light from the meteor's surface as the Wishing Star's main battery ripped into it. Huge chunks were blasted free and sent spinning into space, and any that approached the ship too closely were chewed down to fine dust by the flak cannons. It seemed that they were automated. He'd had his doubts about buying them, but they made for a damn fine debris screen. Worth every penny.

"Alright woah, woah. Take it easy killer; don't burn out the guns beating up rocks." Of course the cannons wouldn't actually burn out from just firing, that much was clearly evidenced by the telemetry on Prisma's screen. They weren't even warm yet. Ethan just didn't want to risk making too much debris in local space; there was probably an upper limit to what the Star's flak screen could ward off.

Ethan returned to his seat, turned the music down to a background volume and swiveled himself around to face Prisma.

"So, what do you think of the Wishing Star as a ship? We haven't even seen the quarters yet."

--------------------
PM
^
Icefox
 Posted: Jan 20 2015, 08:33 PM
Powerful

N/A

Prisma chuckled and swiveled around to face him, a huge grin on her face. "Best ship ever. My old one could be made entirely of guns and wouldn't be able to do that, and this thing did it in a single volley! Doesn't matter what the back looks like, I love it already!"

"We should go check it out, though."

--------------------
Captain Natalie Prisma
Dutchess "Dovi" Prisma
Selina Williams
Jane Doe
PM
^
Wahnsinniger
 Posted: Jan 20 2015, 08:42 PM
Powerful

N/A

"Glad that you like it."

Ethan looked around the cockpit for a moment, looking for an exit that didn't lead to space, and found one. Sort of. There was a panel at the back that looked like an elevator switch, next to a square of floor that was cordoned off by black and yellow tape around its edges. Pushing himself out of his seat, he moseyed over to stand on the square and hit the 'down' button.

"Whoops, looks like this is my ride. You'd better hurry up and get on!" he said as the moving panel lowered him into the floor. "I imagine the cabin's at the bottom."

--------------------
PM
^
Icefox
 Posted: Jan 20 2015, 09:29 PM
Powerful

N/A

Prisma hopped down after him, and was fairly impressed by the cabin. It even had carpeting to go with everything they had bought. It was tight, yes, but it was a spaceship. Even ocean ships didn't have that much room in them.

"Not bad, not bad! Like it?"

--------------------
Captain Natalie Prisma
Dutchess "Dovi" Prisma
Selina Williams
Jane Doe
PM
^
Wahnsinniger
 Posted: Jan 20 2015, 09:39 PM
Powerful

N/A

A bed, an entertainment center with a viewscreen and some odd games consoles, books, just general stuff. The cabin looked like a cozy one-person apartment, with two rooms and not a lot of space. Well furnished but hardly decorated at all, it looked like what it was; a brand new home.

"It's pretty alright. I could get used to hanging out around here." Ethan said, excitement bubbling up over time. "Aww, who am I kidding? This is awesome! We've got a ship, an awesome spaceship! It's heavily armed, plays sweet music and goes faster than anything I've ever seen before! We're not borrowing it, it doesn't have a bank lien on it, there's no terrestrial government to cause problems nearby. It's literally everything I could ask for in a place to live. Beholden to no one, and if we get sick of people we can just bunk off to some section of uncharted space. It's amazing."

--------------------
PM
^
Icefox
 Posted: Jan 20 2015, 09:40 PM
Powerful

N/A

Prisma smiled and looked around. Honestly, it was more homey than her old ship had been. "You're right. She's perfect. C'mon, let's go pay for her and go explore the stars."

--------------------
Captain Natalie Prisma
Dutchess "Dovi" Prisma
Selina Williams
Jane Doe
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (4) « First ... 2 3 4 
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
RPG-D || Teen Titans GO~ || The Games

Disclaimer: using the Split Lock skin by DoubleXXCross will not give you a suit of armour.
But even if it did, you can still very much get shot in the face.