photo the_inter.png

<% NEWS %>
Pages: (4) « First ... 2 3 4  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

» The Way is Shut, and the Dead Keep it, The Way is Shut
Icefox
 Posted: Jan 8 2017, 12:10 PM
Powerful

N/A

Group: Global Moderator
Member No.: 65

Even if she had nerves of steel, a giant exploding robot in front of her was still enough to give Stone pause. Still, once the fireworks were out of the way she blinked straight through the smokescreen, drawing her rifle again and this time going lower. If she could cripple him, that might make things easier, and with a mental apology to Calvin she took aim at the angel's hips and fired.

--------------------
Captain Natalie Prisma
Dutchess "Dovi" Prisma
Paathar Atma, a.k.a. Stoneheart
Selina Williams
Jane Doe
PM
^
eagerdigger
 Posted: Jan 20 2017, 09:23 PM
Veteran

N/A

Group: Members
Member No.: 70

Edd immediately swallowed the potion down, taking a breath and letting the restorative do its work. He panted, looking ahead and watching as Rider detonates...A rumble from it. He simply buried himself into Kantia for a minute, wanting a respite before getting on his feet. "We...We gotta chase after him..." He closed his eyes, a hand in Kantia's as he read the trail of the future. Something was bubbling and wrong...as if a 'wave' through his store of knowledge was sent out. Disturbing...Still, he tried to keep to the trail of the man they were looking for, Calvin.

--------------------
"Well..It's about time"

George Beaumont - The Lecherous, Clever Gearhead
Ryoto Cuyler - The Gentle, Adoring Keyblade Holder
Gloria Harpe - The Broken, Brave Blademaster
Edd Z. - The Psychic, Excitable Pilot
PM
^
Millie Sentinal
 Posted: Jan 21 2017, 11:10 AM
Sage

N/A

Member No.: 16

Kantia nodded as her worry began to subside. Even if he buried himself in her chest for a few moments which caused her face to turn red. It wasn't enough to completely distract from the explosion. Its hard to ignore explosions after all. Kantia turned her head upward as she also heard the report of Stone's rifle.

"We should move quickly." She didn't mind the hand and in fact tightened her grip as she began moving, trying to follow through the tunnels. She clearly wasn't as fast as Stone or the Angel that dragged Calvin along, but she was trying.

--------------------
Millie Sentinal ()
Kantia Rose (Quiet shy girl, that can forge weapons out of the hearts of her allies.)
Sakuya Izayoi (The Perfect and Elegant Maid of the Scarlet Mansion.)
Exsila (Heartless of Alexis Sentinal, and controls a few Heartless.)
Jacob Signar
Xia
PM
^
Tarkya
 Posted: Jan 23 2017, 01:47 AM
Veteran

The sun will rise.

Member No.: 8

Being so close to the explosion, Bastian couldn't do much more than wrap himself in his wings to shield himself from the explosion. He winced as shrapnel peppered his wings; physical or not, it still hurt. It wasn't until the shockwave passed that he finally furled his wings away, and he glared through the smoke as if he might burn it away with rage alone.

It didn't work, obviously.

Instead he fanned his wings, clearing away the smoke around him enough that he could dimly see the silhouette of someone ahead of him. He charged towards that target, ready to strike as soon as he could see what it was... and narrowly avoided ramming Stone from behind. He stared at her for a moment, reminding himself that she wasn't Sapiens and wasn't a target, and then continued to charge ahead, staying out of her line of sight. If she managed to fell the white-winged thief, then someone would need to be there to keep them down.

--------------------
PM AIM MSN
^
SaintAbsol
 Posted: Jan 29 2017, 05:25 AM
Experienced

N/A

Member No.: 10

Even a sniper's bullet couldn't hit exactly what it aimed at, especially when it was a moving target and they had to worry about three dimensions and not the normal two.

Calvin still screamed out yet again as the bullet passed through him, and the angel faltered in his flight; however, he still managed to reach the antechamber's entrance and hobbled in, still dragging Calvin along with him.

-------------------

The impact of being tossed on the ground barely even phased Calvin at this point, not after everything else he'd been subjected to, but he still groaned as he lay there. His vision still a far cry from his normal eagle eye, but Calvin could make out something painted on the ground beneath him; some sort of complex design or sigil done up in red.

"It took me a while to figure out the proper design." The angel's voice seemed to distort as his form did the same, fading as he flickered in and out of sight. "You might actually do some good for once." The angel staggered as the bladed staff from before appeared once more and he leaned heavily on it for support. "Been a while since I've been shot. I'm getting sloppy."

Still using his staff for support, the angel took several steps around the sigil, blue electricity arcing out of his hand and striking the sigil, which started to glow a bit. "Not that it matters, I'll live again; soon."
PM Email
^
Icefox
 Posted: Jan 29 2017, 10:08 PM
Powerful

N/A

Well, fuck. Stone growled and shouldered her weapon as she ran in after them, drawing a shotgun in each hand as she bounded after them towards the antechamber. This thing clearly had some sort of plan, and she was not at all certain she wanted to have any part of it. That said, she absolutely was not going to let this thing take Calvin, and she growled as she came up on them and what looked like an enormous summoning circle with a human sacrifice in the middle. Definitely not what she wanted to be involved with.

Now, if Stone had been a hero, this would've been the perfect time for her to offer the thing one more chance to surrender and no one would get hurt any more. Of course, Stone wasn't a hero, and since it looked like he was getting into full-on Villain Monologue mode she just started unloading both guns at him as hard and fast as possible. Even if he was in a half-dead state like Calvin, the least she could do would be to incapacitate him through raw agony.

--------------------
Captain Natalie Prisma
Dutchess "Dovi" Prisma
Selina Williams
Jane Doe
PM
^
eagerdigger
 Posted: Feb 16 2017, 12:51 AM
Veteran

N/A

Edd nodded at Kantia and took her hand, squeezing it as he floated up. "PK Telekinesis...Omega!" He said, they were both floating as he flew through the smoke Rider's detonation left. The psychic breathed gently...his eyes glowing blue as he started to trace through the archive for where their target was running...He flew at a quick speed through the air, Kantia in his arms as he headed for their position. "He can't escape...PK Ice! Omega!" A burning headache as a number of ice walls began to form around the pair, the kidnapper and kidnappee.

--------------------
"Well..It's about time"

PM
^
Millie Sentinal
 Posted: Feb 18 2017, 12:31 AM
Sage

N/A

Kantia blinked as she felt herself become lifted into the air by the Telekinesis psionic spell. She clung to Edd tightly. Her eyes opened after she felt the smoke wash over her and away from her and she stared ahead. Kantia glanced at Edd to see how he was holding up, taking note of the blue shine his eyes had achieved.

She let that go though, they were nearing the destination. Kantia could tell Edd was running himself a bit ragged after the ice barrier. She gently put her hand on his shoulder.

--------------------
Millie Sentinal ()
Kantia Rose (Quiet shy girl, that can forge weapons out of the hearts of her allies.)
Jacob Signar
Xia
PM
^
Tarkya
 Posted: Feb 18 2017, 07:52 PM
Veteran

The sun will rise.

Bastian was no mage, but as his headlong charge led him into the antechamber there was no missing the glow of the circle that Calvin lay in the center of. Whatever happening here was clearly something tied to that ring, and from the way the white-winged angel was talking, it was nothing they wanted.

He flinched at the unfamiliar rattle of gunfire, far too loud for comfort, and advanced towards the circle. The others seemed more than capable of dealing damage to their target, so he instead turned his attention to the ground. Magic had never been his focus - that had been Adelbert's field. But he knew enough that things like this were carefully crafted rituals. If he could disrupt it...

He summoned his greatsword in mid-swing, aether crackling across the edge. With a wordless yell he brought it down onto the stone, where it landed with a ringing impact that cracked the stone. He brought it back down again, and then a third time, and with a flash of spreading wings he dug the tip of the blade into the stone. "Try a bit of this!"

The light of aether around his blade intensified as Bastian forced his energy through it into the stone, sending arcs of energy skittering across the cracks in the stone, and hopefully into the circle itself.

--------------------
PM AIM MSN
^
SaintAbsol
 Posted: Feb 20 2017, 01:07 AM
Experienced

N/A

"Divine Retribution!"

A semi-translucent dome of white energy surrounded the angel as Stone opened fire. The bullets splattered harmlessly against the shell, seeming to vanish on impact. However, moments later, white energy bust from it in a minor explosion. Which, conveniently, shattered the walls of ice that Edd had tried to erect around the pair.

"It's always smart to come out swinging," the angel admitted as he flickered. "But, you should also have an idea what the thing you're swinging at is capable of." However, even a mini-monologue seemed to be enough of a distraction. He failed to notice Bastian's attack until the stone had already cracked, and his wounded leg meant he was in no condition to try and intercept it.

"WHaT aRe You DOiNg?!" The angel's voice distorted almost beyond recognition as his form similarly twisted and flickered even more than before. The aether bolts struck his circle, and suddenly both the angel and Calvin were screaming in agony as the sigil exploded with blinding light.

When it finally faded after several seconds... Calvin still lay in the circle, but now his form was the one flickering and his pain groans distorting. The angel, on the other hand, eemed much more solid than he had until now, and even his gunshot wound was gone. He blinked several times, looking down at his hands, and even touching his body a few times.

"...huh, I honestly did not see that coming." He chuckled a bit. "Not that I'm complaining, but still." He smirked at the group, his bladed staff now held at the ready. "Name's Jason Simmons, Saint of all Alchemists. We can either leave the bastard to fade away here, or we can do the whole boss battle thing. Up to you; but, fair warning, I've got a lot of experience with this."
PM Email
^
Icefox
 Posted: Feb 24 2017, 06:53 PM
Powerful

N/A

Stone was tossed back by the blast but landed gracefully on her feet, guns still in hand as she closed the distance right up to the new guy with a cocky smile on.

"How about a counter-offer. You give Calvin his body or soul or whatever back and we can see about getting you one of your own. No harm no foul, we could even be friends. Or, if you'd prefer, we rip your arms off and beat you to death with your own fists. You've probably got three or four seconds before the big guy gets impatient and decides to see which way your joints bend." She smirked and looked him right in the eye.

"I heard you panic there. I know you can die, and I'm pretty sure we can make it happen if you don't take an out."

--------------------
Captain Natalie Prisma
Dutchess "Dovi" Prisma
Selina Williams
Jane Doe
PM
^
eagerdigger
 Posted: Feb 26 2017, 10:07 AM
Veteran

N/A

Edd's feet met the ground, and he simply stared ahead at Jason. He had his beam saber out, and the hood was down now...The young man took a stance. "You act like that wasn't intentional." He said, his eyes glowing a bright teal blue. "We can throw down if you're really that eager, but I'm going to let you know...I'm a psychic. So when I tell you that you have no future?"

He raised the saber and pointed it at Jason. "I mean it. PK Shield Omega." A dense 'beehive' barrier formed around his companions. He awaited Jason's response, ready to move in with the beam saber once it begins in earnest.

--------------------
"Well..It's about time"

PM
^
Millie Sentinal
 Posted: Feb 26 2017, 11:42 AM
Sage

N/A

Kantia closed her eyes. She grabbed her gun and pressed a few buttons. Then took a small pack off her back and placed it down. The metallic dragon forming up and spitting out a stick. Several small ghost like beings dropped down from the sky and formed up. Squirts. Kantia was at least going to use what she could use to fight this guy.

She didn't look like much but she has a lot of allies.

--------------------
Millie Sentinal ()
Jacob Signar
Xia
PM
^
Tarkya
 Posted: Feb 26 2017, 03:10 PM
Veteran

The sun will rise.

Standing at the epicenter of the explosion, Bastian couldn't avoid getting caught up in the burst of light, and he couldn't even wrap his wings around him in time to avoid getting blinded. He staggered backwards, ripping his greatsword out of the circle as he went.

Sun-cursed bastards bringing light down here... He pressed a hand over his face, his claws pressing hard enough into his skin to leave red marks as he waited for his sight to return. He was only distantly aware of the conversation around him - That Sapiens has the right idea - but he could catch the gist, and feel the flow of unfamiliar energy rippling over him. The others were getting ready.

He lowered his hand from his face, eyes burning red as he made out the blurry shape of the so-called "saint" before him. His other hand clenched the hilt of his greatsword as he tensed for combat. One move. One wrong move, and Bastian would be more than happy to give that "beat him to death with his own arms" idea a try.

--------------------
PM AIM MSN
^
SaintAbsol
 Posted: Feb 26 2017, 04:58 PM
Experienced

N/A

Jason... chuckled.

If anything, the angel looked outright nostalgic as Stone and the others threatened him. "Look," he said, reaching up to put a hand on her shoulder, only to be blocked by Edd's PK Shield. "I'm sure there's plenty of people out there that would be cowed by a threat like that, but... I've been in the game too long. It's really kinda hard to rattle me all that much.

"And," he continued, turning to Edd himself now. "Buddy, if you're going to be in this Interference thing long term, you're going to have to realize something. Telling an Inter that they 'have no future', especially when you're a psychic, well... we just take that as a challenge."

He calmly turned away from the group for a moment, banishing his weapon as he did. "More to the point, what your offering, it won't work. Believe me, I've tried. My soul's still reasonably intact enough on its own, and bodies, they're easy enough to make even from here. If I'd been able to do it that way, I'd already be out and about. No, what I need is something... else, for lack of a decent term.

"Your friend there; he has a connection to the old universe, the one that came before this one. It's faint as all hell, but it's there. And, as he's one of..." he had to pause for a moment, "six people with a connection like that, my options are pretty limited. I mean, one's the Original Interference, so no way it'd work without some serious repercussions; another is a monumental headache as is, and would probably end horribly for everyone involved. One's already severed his connection, the fourth's already got something like this going on only with a longer process. And the fifth is the guy who already wants to kill me; so... yeah, it's him or nothing.

"More to the point, I waited here for a reason. The people who end up here... they're not good people. Your friend died, and ended up in what amounts to a torture prison; and, before any of the externals say anything, I know Hades is an asshole in the Disney version of this pantheon. But, there is still a good place for people to end up. So... what does it say about him that he ended up here and not there?"

Jason sighed, running his hand through his hair as he summoned his weapon back once more. "But, I know how these things go. Once an Interference has a goal set before them, they achieve it; come Hell, High Water, or Common Sense. So, yeah; lets see who wants their goals more: you four, or me."
PM Email
^
Icefox
 Posted: Feb 26 2017, 05:28 PM
Powerful

N/A

"Don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining, man. If you've been in this game as long as you say, you know there's nothing we can't get done if we want it hard enough. So cut the shit. There's something that makes this your only option that you like, what is it?" Stone walked right up to Edd's barrier, staring Jason square in the face. She knew there had to be more to this, whatever this 'old world' was. She was going to find out, particularly since this guy seemed to know something about the Interference phenomenon itself.

--------------------
Captain Natalie Prisma
Dutchess "Dovi" Prisma
Selina Williams
Jane Doe
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (4) « First ... 2 3 4 
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
RPG-D || Teen Titans GO~ || The Games

Disclaimer: using the Split Lock skin by DoubleXXCross will not give you a suit of armour.
But even if it did, you can still very much get shot in the face.