photo the_inter.png

<% NEWS %>
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

» I Don't Need A Gimmick!, What does it mean to be a Kamen Rider?
Auragongal
 Posted: Sep 22 2013, 06:54 PM
Renowned

N/A

Group: Character Moderator
Member No.: 7

SMASH! WHACK! Grunt. Throw. SHATTER!

Those were the sounds that rang through the Coliseum as Phil watched a bearded young man in a red and white swirled coat train his body and break barrels and vases with a walking stick topped with a metal ball. This bearded man had just walked up to him, demanded to train there for the day, and after asking Phil if he had seen a blond girl (which Phil, unfortunately for the satyr, hadn't), just started the normal session, and refused to stop when time was up.

"Hey! Would you stop kid?!" The satyr yelled, and was answered by a barrel thrown by the young man, which then smashed against the wall.

"No way!" the young man said, his eyes burning with determination, "Not until I'm stronger!"

This young man was David Stevens, and what, besides looking for his sister, was getting him so determined? Well, the answer could be gleaned in his mutterings as he continued to break stuff apart.

"The only other Kamen Rider I met out here has his own toku villains, and a gimmick copied from Megaman Battle Network." he said to himself, "I want to make sure I can keep up. I might not have multiple armors like him, but dammit, the scarf wearing heroes of the Showa Era are still as much asskickers now as they were originally! I don't need a Gimmick like modern Riders!"

David then looked around and noticed that there were no more things to break, having cleared the training ground completely of barrels and vases as he had been too busy breaking things to notice. Blinking in surprise, he simply planted the tip of his cane on the ground and leaned on it, wondering what he should do next as he ignored the pissed off satyr cursing to himself about having to clean everything up.

--------------------
Characters:
Legode Rydrion, the Blue Skinned Druid(Please keep in mind that while Legode is female, she looks highly bifauxnen/ manly in appearance. She never really developed in the chest area. Also has a Dire Wolf as her druidic animal companion. Do not call said companion a puppy/treat him like a house pet.)
Drizzt Do'Urden(Canon Character)
Aria Token(Mute, Hotblooded, Battling Ballerina)
PM Email
^
Lancereiger
 Posted: Sep 24 2013, 05:38 PM
Experienced

N/A

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 5

(Taking place after the events of A Climbing Ordeal)

Lance walked out of the Save Point, dusting himself off. He hated leaving others like that, but he needed to get stronger before he could go back to that world. Olympus Coliseum seemed to be a good spot for that. He began to walk into the stadium, but stopped upon seeing someone training. He thought about calling out to them, but he seemed set on his training.

"...Wonder what I can do for training around here...That guy's training, I'm being slightly repetitive in my head, and I need to fight something. Argh." Lance walked up to Phil, greeting him. "Hey there Phil! I was wondering if you had the time to train a nobody like me!"

--------------------
New Forum, New Heroes! Where will our adventures take us?

Roster:
Lance A Kamen Rider and His Blob.
Cexlan Anomalous Jacka**.
Dekar The Undying Knight.
Bass The Perfect Robot Master.
Shaia The Inventor Interference.
PM
^
quatermass
 Posted: Sep 24 2013, 06:05 PM
Survivor

N/A

Group: Members
Member No.: 15

Stepping off the save point Nina surveyed the area. She could see the various trophies that Sora (she assumed) had won on the walls. She grinned, soon she'd be the one with the trophies, all she needed was a little bit of training. After....that shock she had in Disney Castle, she needed something to take her mind off it, and some physical activity seemed to be just the thing. Plus, she needed to get stronger since....well that was what heroes did. It was something they always did in comics and shows, so she might as well do it, and unlock her full potential...whatever that was.

She walked out into the main arena of the Coliseum. Nina was impressed by the construction job they did. You couldn't tell that this place had once been rubble. Though they apparently had problems with the cleaning staff, as there was bits of barrels strewn everywhere.

She looked around and saw Phil, as well as two other people. Two guys, one with a beard and another in a sleeveless shirt. They looked nice enough, so she went over to greet them.

"Hey, you guys here to train too?" She said, she looked over to the bearded man, "By the looks of it you've already started. Did you make this mess? It's impressive but...well I wouldn't want to be the one to clean this up."
PM
^
Auragongal
 Posted: Sep 27 2013, 11:12 AM
Renowned

N/A

Phil, in all his angry ranting, almost missed hearing the newcomers speak up. When they did though, he first looked at the young man asking to train under the satyr and facepalmed.

"Nobody's training until the arena gets cleaned up!" He said, before walking off to find a broom. As the Satyr left, David then turned his head, still leaning on his cane and looked at the other people who had arrived. Surprised, the bearded young man soon lost his balance as his cane slipped and he fell to the ground.

"Ow..." he muttered, sitting up and looking at the two normal looking people as the satyr left. Seeing that they were interferences, he then wondered if it was possible they had seen his twin. Though, with only one person he had met seeing her (and admitting to punching his twin, much to David's anger to the point he lost his temper), he was starting to have his doubts.

"Hey, this is going to sound like a weird question, but have either of you seen a blond girl with glasses named Liv? She's my twin sister, and I'm looking for her in this crazy universe." With that, David then got up off the ground and walked over to the man in the sleeveless shirt and the girl with him, almost expecting a "no" as both their answers.

--------------------
Characters:
Legode Rydrion, the Blue Skinned Druid(Please keep in mind that while Legode is female, she looks highly bifauxnen/ manly in appearance. She never really developed in the chest area. Also has a Dire Wolf as her druidic animal companion. Do not call said companion a puppy/treat him like a house pet.)
PM Email
^
Lancereiger
 Posted: Sep 27 2013, 07:47 PM
Experienced

N/A

Lance went to grab a broom to help with the clean up, but stopped immediately upon the training guy's words.

"...I have! I met her when I became an Interference, on Destiny Island. Then we got into a fight with a psychotic and overpowered alternate universe Heartless of myself. We managed to win the challenge he gave us, so he let us go to Radiant Garden. He knocked me out to take me for some reason. Maybe to show how powerless and utterly useless I am against him..." He fell to his knees, shaking slightly for a moment before getting back up and taking a deep breath. "...Where did she go after that...lemme think...Oh yeah, she went chasing after another Interference...I don't really remember what they were doing, but that's the last I saw of Liv." Lance shrugged. "Sorry that I can't be any more help."

Lance then turned back around and followed Phil to get a broom. "Oi Phil, lemme help clean up. Least I can do so I can have a turn at training, yes?"

--------------------

Roster:
PM
^
quatermass
 Posted: Sep 28 2013, 03:13 PM
Survivor

N/A

"No sorry, I haven't met anyone like that." Nina said, "I'll be sure to keep an eye out for her though."

She looked over to Phil, it looked like there would be no training until work was done. Nina sighed, it was a little disappointing, but then again maybe it'd make for good physical exercise. Also it would be a great way of getting into Phil's good books, which was a one way ticket to herodom...or at least junior herodom.

"Hey Phil," Nina said as she jogged up to the man in the sleeveless shirt and , "Grab two or three of three more brooms while you're there will ya?"

"Hey hey, a lady like you shouldn't be doin' all this dirty work," Phil said, "Hows about you let the two guys here clean this mess up and we...get to know each other?"

"Nah, no offense Phil you're not really my type," Nina said nonchalantly, "Aaaand I'm more interested in training anyway. So about those brooms..."

"Ah, you don't know what you're missin'" Phil said.

Nina turned to the boy in the sleeveless shirt and extended her hand.

"My name's Nina," She said, "What's yours?"
PM
^
Beleth
 Posted: Sep 30 2013, 02:50 PM
Newcomer

SAMBA DE CARNIVAL!

Member No.: 47

"Ehm, hm, err.."

The young man wandered along, looking a bit perplexed as he so very frequently tilted his head, scratching the back and folded his arms in thought - often alternating between the three in rapid succession - his eyes wandering up and down the structures outside of the Coliseum's open gates. The architecture sure looked like it was Greek, but this was still far too recent-looking. And the scale was immense, as he gazed up and along the lengths of the pillars on each side of the gate, from base to top, so much that he had to tilt his head back and arch just to see the top of the things, and the walls that they accompanied, "How to put it.. I'm pretty sure this isn't Greece.. but still sort of.. is? Maahhh, this is all so weird!" he cried out and allowed his shoulders to slump.

The sound of talking echoed out from beyond the gates to the Coliseum, however, and caused him to raise his head and fix a look of determination on his face. After all, if there were people, then that meant he could definitely ask about wherever it was that he'd ended up. Stepping inside, he passed through the corridors and the lobby area, as a series of elated gasps and 'wow's of awe would escape his lips. It really was like looking at the works of the Greeks made brand new! "Grandpa would've loved to see this place, huh?" he grinned to himself and nodded affirmingly, before he moved onwards through the corridors leading further on out, until he set foot on the sandy arena grounds.

"Eh?"

He let out, seeing the series of shattered jars and barrels strewn about the place. Did something happen? Seeing the trio of people standing with talk of brooms and cleaning , he assumed that they must've been in the process of cleaning up whatever mess had been created. Glimpsing to the side, he spotted a spare, discarded broom and strolled over to pick it up, and headed out unto the middle of the grounds to begin sweeping the debris up himself without a word. After all, it went without saying that the more people helped out, the faster this whole mess would be cleaned up! And besides, helping people even with the small things like cleaning was never a bad thing, right?

Nodding, he let a confident smile cross his lips and redoubled his sweeping efforts, brushing the broken pieces of wood and clay into a heap with such enthusiasm that he nearly bumped into one of the other people standing there and talking, "A-Ah! Sorry, sorry!" he exclaimed with a sheepish expression. On top of being clearly Japanese, being dressed in a long, loosely fitting blue-purple shirt with elaborate, Middle-Eastern styled patternwork and his burgundy, sleeved shawl, and grey slacks and hiking boots, it was fair to say that this wasn't a local.
PM
^
Auragongal
 Posted: Sep 30 2013, 03:43 PM
Renowned

N/A

David was just adjusting the red, white swirled coat he wore when someone bumped into him, somehow not having noticed the stranger earlier due to focusing more on "who" it was that his sister chased after. Guessing it wasn't the jerk who punched her, he then assumed it was someone else. His thoughts then wondered if that someone may have been a guy, and the bearded young man frowned.

If this person who Liv's chasin is a guy, and he does something I won't like when I find out about it, I'm gonna... His thought was then interrupted as he heard the apology and looked down.

"Huh?" he said, "It's alrigh...." Dave then noticed the newcomer's clothes and blinked several times wondering if he was seeing things. Seeing as he was currently in a coliseum from the disney version of Hercules, he soon figured that he wasn't and he was actually seeing Eiji Hino, also known as...

"Kamen Rider OOO?" he then asked aloud, his own henshin device, the Z-Gale, flashing for a split second as if it had somehow sensed another rider. Why it didn't do that for the third guy in the area with a fancy looking belt though, was probably due to some silly and completely pointless reason that should best be overlooked anyway.

--------------------
Characters:
PM Email
^
Lancereiger
 Posted: Sep 30 2013, 05:41 PM
Experienced

N/A

Lance had now grabbed a broom by now, and was sweeping up what he could in a corner, getting it into a small pile for easier disposal. He heard talking, and...Kamen Rider OOO?! He spun around, and...yeah, there was Eiji, user of OOO. How was he even here...? "What." He said quietly, turning back and continuing to clean. Questions could wait until later. Right now, cleaning.

--------------------

Roster:
PM
^
quatermass
 Posted: Oct 1 2013, 02:52 PM
Survivor

N/A

"Kamen Rider...O's?" Nina said slowly, as she dodged the enthusiastic newcomer pushing a broom. "Is that some kind of weird new breakfast cereal?"

She shrugged her shoulders and started sweeping up. It wasn't the most glamorous work, but Nina figured it had to be done.

"Guess you gotta start right at the bottom before you make your way to the top huh? She said to the person in the sleeveless shirt next to her, "You here for training too? I'm Nina, nice to meet you."
PM
^
Beleth
 Posted: Oct 2 2013, 07:30 PM
Newcomer

SAMBA DE CARNIVAL!

"Eh?" the shawl-wearing Rider quipped, and tilted his head, raising his hand to point to his face, "Ah, you know me? Sorry, I don't remember if we've met or not. Aagh, that's really rude of me! Maybe I hit my head really bad when I got here, and forgot because of that.. Sorry, again!" he scratched the back of his head awkwardly, seeming to take his assumed faux pas quite to heart, "I don't suppose you could tell me where we met, perhaps? Ah, or your name! Maybe it'll come back to me then!" he nodded his head quickly and enthusiastically at the idea. Still, he thought to himself, this was a great help! Surely if this was someone he'd met before, then they'd know where they were, and how to get back home from here. The young man looked about at the Coliseum grounds again at that.
PM
^
Auragongal
 Posted: Oct 2 2013, 07:42 PM
Renowned

N/A

"Er, it's okay man, we never really met." Dave said, rubbing the back of his head at how awkward this just became, "I... heard about you once on a messageboard back home. Anyway, My name's David Stevens, I'm also a rider, going by the name of Kamen Rider Zoras, so it's nice to meet ya in person!" The bearded man from the states then chuckled as he held out his hand in order to try and make this situation a bit more friendly.

"As for where we are... well, this is another world called The Olympus Coliseum... and well, most of us kind of got zapped here from another world all together, so we're just trying to make the best of it while we do whatever it is we were brought here to do, though, I'm trying to find my twin sister.... who I haven't had much luck finding." David then added, leaning on his grandfather's cane.

Meanwhile, in the coliseum's lobby, Phil was still feeling a bit angry at Dave going overboard in his training session. Sure, he didn't mind it when people went above and beyond normally, but the way the guy had just went about smashing things after going over the time limit, just rubbed Phil the wrong way. Combined with yet another girl rejecting him to boot, the satyr was not having a good day.

"Geeze, first that psycho shows up, then I get girl troubles!" he said to himself, "Can anything else just go wrong today?!"

It was at that moment, the trophy shelf broke, and several trophies fell and broke when they hit the floor. Twitching, the satyr just let out a stream of curses as he moved to clean them up, unaware that his shadow was looking a bit different from before, as it was also containing a rather toothy looking grin.

--------------------
Characters:
PM Email
^
Lancereiger
 Posted: Oct 3 2013, 09:47 AM
Experienced

N/A

Lance nodded to Nina. "The name's Lance. Nice to meet you, Nina. And OOO is a Kamen Rider. If you're not sure what that is, I could explain later, unless someone else does so."

He finished cleaning up his area, turning towards Eiji and the others. The other rider, David, came up with a decent alibi to Eiji. "You're a Rider as well? Wow, what are the chances? I'm Lance, also a Rider, my name being Kamen Rider Duel." He pulled out his belt, showing the purple diamond belt to them. "I just got it yesterday, so I don't really know what I'm capable of with it."

He looked at it, then at the coliseum. "...Actually, this is the perfect time for me to use it. HENSHIN!" He held it outwards, pressing down on it, then flicked it slightly to his right. A belt shot out and wrapped around his waist, affixing the diamond at his front. "DUEL!" His body flashed, with the belt design of Duel spiraling around him, hiding him from view for a scant few seconds before vanishing, revealing his armored form. "Pretty neat, eh? I still don't get why the horns on the helmet are so huge. Seems like a big sign for enemies to grab at." He stood there, looking around. "And yeah, I've heard of you, Eiji. Rumors of Kamen Riders do pop up now and then. Some are more secretive, like the Rider Kuuga, while others are more publicly known, like you, Eiji, Rider OOO."

Stretching out, he looked around, "Hey, where'd Phil go? I thought he was around..." He didn't know if anything was wrong, but that feeling in the back of his head was going off, and it had NEVER been wrong before. Still, there was always a first for everything...

--------------------

Roster:
PM
^
quatermass
 Posted: Oct 3 2013, 04:43 PM
Survivor

N/A

Nina whistled, Lance sure had an impressive transformation. The horns looked cool too, Nina wondered if she had a super form of some kind, and made a mental note to try it out next time they were in a fight.

"Kamen Riders?" Nina said, resting her chin on her broom, "They're like Pow...Sentai right? There's a few of you around. I met one when I first came here. Wonder why there are so many? Maybe the big disembodied voice is a fan?"

She looked around the coliseum. It now looked a lot bigger and a lot messier than she had first anticipated.

"Yyyyeeeaaahhh," She said, "This is gonna take most of the day. We better keep at it if we want to get into Phil's good books."
PM
^
Beleth
 Posted: Oct 7 2013, 08:51 PM
Newcomer

SAMBA DE CARNIVAL!

Eiji nodded his head at the explanation and the revelation that the scarf-wearing man was a Rider, "Ah, I see! A fellow Rider, then, huh?" as the following outpour of elaboration of his situation left the young traveler tilting his head side to side in confusion.. a new world? Well, it wasn't that hard to wrap one's head around after some of the things that he'd seen, come to think of it.. as Eiji looked down to see the extended hand at the end of the explanation, "Is that so.. well, we Riders have to stick tog--"

Before he'd be able to reach out to shake David's hand, however, the other young Rider entered the conversation as well! Leaving the user of OOO with an even more perplexed look on his face as he tried to digest the spontaneous declaration of yet another Rider, followed by a transformation, AND an excited Lance talking about his appearance and other Riders.. 'It's almost like he's a fan of Riders, or something'.. he mused to himself, and managed a sheepish smile, "I, I see, aheh.. well, it's nice to meet the both of you!" he nodded his head at that, before also noticing the third person who was more or less just doing her own thing.

Turning to face her, he'd politely bow his head, "Ah, well, I'm Eiji Hino. Nice to meet you."
PM
^
Auragongal
 Posted: Oct 8 2013, 05:53 PM
Renowned

N/A

David raised an eyebrow as Lance simply went on to transform, and thought the guy simply going on and showing off his armor like that was weird. But, since the moment had turned into show and tell, David decided it wouldn't hurt to do the same.

"Giant horns, really?" he said, smirking, "That is a bit of a stupid design, especially if the enemy ends up tricking you into a mock bullfight, with you being the bull. Let me show you my armor then." With a laugh, the bearded young man took a deep breath, and struck a pose as he spread his legs apart, gripped the cane he held and pointed it dramatically with one hand, while the other he made into a fist and thrust it toward the sky.

"Henshin!" he then said, as his belt created a bright red light for a moment before fading and showing him in his purple and black armor over his dark red body suit. The black, three pronged crest shining a bit in the sun while the silver mouth guard, and spikes on his knees, elbows, and bracers gave him a bit of an evil appearance while his red and black scarf blew in the sudden breeze that arrived at that moment. Getting out of the pose and leaning on his cane again, the now armored Kamen Rider Zoras spoke up.

"So, what do you think?"

Back in the lobby though, Phil was still picking up the fallen and broken trophies as he grumbled to himself. He didn't see his shadow rise off of the floor and change shape, going from that of the satyr to a new one. However, the trainer of heroes soon got a chill down his spine as he got a bad feeling that something wasn't right.

It was then however, that he heard a voice.

"My, my," it said, sounding much like a woman's voice, "Aren't you just surly today. Having some bad luck?"

"Yeah I-" the satyr said turning around, before gulping as he saw the speaker was definitely a black haired woman with an eight-eyed theatre mask that looked much like the ones used for tragedy... until about halway down her body that is. While her upper body was covered by an elaborate looking toga and stole combo that made her look a bit like royalty, her lower half looked like a spider. Four legs were growing from her back, and there was a red hourglass on her chest as well as a large web going over the two legs coming out of her hips, and two broken chains were around her ankles.

However, the most frightening thing though was that Phil could see into her stomach due to the fact her midsection looked almost like an empty cage.

"Wh-what are you?!" Phil said, stepping back as the monster lady leaned forward and gently stroked his left horn while laughing quietly.

"I am Tragic Arachnia, while you, my goat legged friend..." she began, before she lifted her mask and showed part of a lovely face, "are going to be consumed by your Reyj!"

With that, the nice looking mouth suddenly expanded to horrifying levels as the goat man saw fangs with in them. The last thing the goatman knew as he screamed, was that the monster devoured him on the spot, swallowed, and lowered her mask as her mouth shrank back to normal size.

--------------------
Characters:
PM Email
^
Lancereiger
 Posted: Oct 8 2013, 06:48 PM
Experienced

N/A

Lance laughed. "Yeah, I'm not about to let anyone trick me into that. I'd rather fake them out and uppercut them, or make them run into a wall or something solid instead. Not a fan of the big horns, but I'm rolling with it." He shrugged, stretching out a bit. "...Seriously, Phil's taking his t-"

He heard Phil scream, and hesitated for a second before breaking into a run towards where he heard the scream. "Please don't be a monster, please don't be a monster, please don't be aw heck it's a monster." He stopped at least 10 feet away from the...spider-like woman swallowing Phil. "...Lady, you have 5 seconds to spit him back out before I pull him out through your ribcage. 5...4...3..." He counted down, REALLY hoping the bluff would wo-no, it wasn't a bluff. He was serious. He had to start somewhere with fighting for his life, and a monster like this? It was a good start. He seriously doubted his bluff would work, however.

--------------------

Roster:
PM
^
quatermass
 Posted: Oct 9 2013, 05:16 PM
Survivor

N/A

"I'm Nina, nice to meet you," Nina said, smiling politely"It's always nice meeting new people"

"Aw cool," Nina said, turning to see the armored Rider behind her. "Maybe I've got an awesome alternate form too, you know, one I didn't know about."

She stepped back and cleared her throat, then she took a deep breath and said,

"Raising heart..please!"

"Moon Prism Power Make up?"

"Precure Love Link"

".....being meguca is suffering?"

Nina then heard the loud scream from the coming from the lobby. She cut off her little performance and ran straight to the lobby just behind Lance. She arrived just behind him and peered over his shoulder to get a good look at the monster.

"I don't suppose this is some kind of weird improv theater?" She said.
PM
^
Beleth
 Posted: Nov 18 2013, 07:51 AM
Newcomer

SAMBA DE CARNIVAL!

"Ah, well.." Eiji began, not wholly sure as to how he ought to respond to the almost competitive sharing of the transformations into Riders that the two were portraying. Thankfully, though, he did not need to think of a response for very long, as the scream echoed forth from the lobby area, causing two of the new aquaintances to rush off to see what it was all about. Looking over to the scarf-wearing Rider, he gave a simple nod as if to say he was going too, and then began a dash towards the lobby himself. After all, if there was trouble, it was only natural for him to try to help out the best that he could.

Arriving not long after the other two, he skidded to a halt beside them and looked up at the strange, arachnid monster and its captive, "I guess there's bound to be monsters no matter what kind of place you go to, huh..?" he mused, reaching into his pocket and retrieving the OOO Driver in preparation, keeping his eye on the monster the whole while.

((Sorry for the very, VERY belated reply. Real life is a harsh mistress.))
PM
^
Auragongal
 Posted: Nov 19 2013, 02:02 PM
Renowned

N/A

David, or rather Kamen Rider Zoras at the moment, also followed, flinching when he saw the spider monster, and also Phil in the cage making up her stomach.

"I don't think we're that lucky Nina. A rule for monsters like that one? They are RARELY good guys." he said, just as the monster looked at them and laughed at Lance's threat, while something told Zoras that the guy meant it.

"Oh Ho Ho Ho Ho!" the monster woman laughed, in a way that just grated on the scarfed rider's ears. "My, my, you really think you can face me? Please... I am born from rage, and that, dear, dear, boy, is simply something that cannot be beaten." As she spoke, she walked towards Lance and patted the man's head, almost like she was flirting with him before noticing Eiji and Zoras.

"Well... it seems I have three lovely men to battle... are you sure you can will yourselves to harm a lady like myself?" she asked, almost purring as she also seemingly ignored Nina before she added, "Though, the little girl there doesn't seem like she can hold a candle to someone like I, Tragic Arachnia.~"

"You're a lady?" Zoras then said, trying to not look at the monster's chest when she leaned forward, "I really couldn't tell, since to me you look like a two bit piece of trash."

"WHAT!?" Arachnia screeched, while Dave smirked beneath his helmet, "How dare you mock me! You wouldn't know true beauty if it bit you on the leg!"

"You know, I did have a spider bite my leg once, it sure as hell wasn't beautiful, and toots?" Zoras responded, getting ready to fight, "You ain't one to talk since you're wearing a mask."

With a growl, the spider monster then attacked, launching a blast of webbing at Zoras, who immediately rolled out of the way.

"Okay Kids, it's time to kick some ass!" Zoras said, grinning under his helmet as he ran in to punch the spider woman in the face.

--------------------
Characters:
PM Email
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
RPG-D || Teen Titans GO~ || The Games

Disclaimer: using the Split Lock skin by DoubleXXCross will not give you a suit of armour.
But even if it did, you can still very much get shot in the face.