photo the_inter.png

<% NEWS %>
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

» An Interrupted Journey
Icefox
 Posted: Jan 10 2015, 04:41 PM
Powerful

N/A

Group: Global Moderator
Member No.: 65

After watching Ethan whale on the box for a good thirty seconds or so, Prisma was pretty sure whatever was following them was completely awake and knew exactly where they were. This was not a good thing. Still, he got the box open, and inside was a clutter of random crap, most of it looking pretty useless. However, on top of it were three things: a compass, a ring, and a horn. She picked up the ring and slipped it on first, looking it over and trying to figure out why it was so valuable. Didn't look particularly rare or shiny. Still, cool to have.

"This seems a little anticlimactic."

--------------------
Captain Natalie Prisma
Dutchess "Dovi" Prisma
Paathar Atma, a.k.a. Stoneheart
Selina Williams
Jane Doe
PM
^
Wahnsinniger
 Posted: Jan 10 2015, 05:12 PM
Powerful

N/A

Member No.: 27

"Gimme that." Ethan panted, taking the horn and compass. A cursory check of the compass revealed a disc-shaped dial that spun uselessly. He flipped it shut and pocketed it before lifting the horn and giving it a once-over. It seemed to be an ordinary ram's horn. Ethan turned it over to check for anything special on the back side.

Something started spattering on the ground near his boots. He skipped away from the sound sharply, before noticing the trail of fluid dribbling out of the horn. It was quickly flipped and inspected again, including a cautious sniff.

"Wine? No, unfiltered grape juice. What's... wait. Wait. Oh please darling. Please. Shredded pepper jack!"

The horn filled with finely grated cheese, interspersed with green peppers.

"Oh dear sweet lord it's a Horn of Plenty. Oh yes. Oh ho ho. Score of the century. Come on, let's get the hell out of here before the locals show up to spoil my fun!" Ethan said, tossing the Keyblade out the door and chasing after it. It bounced off the mast and dropped to the ground as the Glider, with its owner bounding on board mere moments later.

"Come on let's go, go, go!"

--------------------
PM
^
Icefox
 Posted: Jan 10 2015, 05:33 PM
Powerful

N/A

"Lucky. All I got it a ring. Doesn't even look like it's worth that much. Still, as long as we're sharing. Those things can make any kind of food, right?" She ran out the door after him and jumped onto the glider, but the slick wood underfoot got the better of her at just the wrong moment and she crashed through the side and hit the water underneath them. Due to her fruit, she dropped into the gloom like a rock and sighed as it happened.

Welp, I'm dead. And here I thought we would actually get steak for once. Suddenly, a chunk of wood dislodged from the bottom of the ship and came surging up underneath her, pushing her back up to the surface, where she lay gasping for air.

"Not dead! Woo!"

--------------------
Captain Natalie Prisma
Dutchess "Dovi" Prisma
Selina Williams
Jane Doe
PM
^
Wahnsinniger
 Posted: Jan 10 2015, 05:53 PM
Powerful

N/A

"Not dead?!" Ethan raged, hovering a few inches away on the Glider. "What do you mean, not dead? Get your gangly ass on this bike, carefully this time! You almost gave me a god damn heart attack!"

The Glider had already been chasing after Prisma when she slid off the deck of the old frigate. It hadn't been moving at maximum acceleration, just pacing along after her to pick her up after she had landed in the water. Then she had sank like a stone, disappearing into the gloom in a fraction of a second.

It had been a shock. Prisma hadn't come up for the longest time, and she had sunk far faster than any human had a right to. Ethan had thought that she had fallen into some sort of black hole, as though the surface of the water was some sort of event horizon leading into a realm of darkness. That sick fear was something Ethan had no desire to experience again.

--------------------
PM
^
Icefox
 Posted: Jan 10 2015, 05:56 PM
Powerful

N/A

Prisma got up and pulled herself onto the bike, not pressing herself against him this time in deference to his clothes. She figured the seat could handle a little water, though.

"Yeah, that happens. That's the main drawback to my powers: completely takes away my ability to swim or even float. If this ever happens again, which I hope it won't, you should probably dive in after me." She shivered, now soaked to the bone, and thanked her stars that the board had come loose at just the right time. She probably would've been gone for good if it hadn't.

"Really sorry about that, though. I was sure I could make that jump."

--------------------
Captain Natalie Prisma
Dutchess "Dovi" Prisma
Selina Williams
Jane Doe
PM
^
Wahnsinniger
 Posted: Jan 10 2015, 06:02 PM
Powerful

N/A

"Fuck this place, it's a bigger deathtrap than I'd imagined. We're going back to the ship and then I'm going to blow a hole in this monster's cheek big enough fit Mount-fucking-Everest. That's it. I'm done. I'm so done." Ethan groused, before suddenly glancing back at Prisma. "What are you doing? Hold on before you end up in the drink again, you dope."

"...I need a cigarette."

--------------------
PM
^
Icefox
 Posted: Jan 10 2015, 06:06 PM
Powerful

N/A

Prisma wrapped her arms around him reluctantly, soaking his coat and hanging on for the ride. At least they were going to hopefully get out of there, assuming they ever actually found any way out.

"If we can do that, why didn't we do it earlier? Why go out looking for a way out?"

--------------------
Captain Natalie Prisma
Dutchess "Dovi" Prisma
Selina Williams
Jane Doe
PM
^
Wahnsinniger
 Posted: Jan 10 2015, 06:06 PM
Powerful

N/A

"Because I didn't want to kill the beast before this."

--------------------
PM
^
Icefox
 Posted: Jan 10 2015, 06:08 PM
Powerful

N/A

"I don't think killing it is really the best way out of this. Can't we just tip the horn over and give it a flood of something nasty? We can kill it afterward if that doesn't work."

--------------------
Captain Natalie Prisma
Dutchess "Dovi" Prisma
Selina Williams
Jane Doe
PM
^
Wahnsinniger
 Posted: Jan 10 2015, 06:12 PM
Powerful

N/A

"It's not. I know it's not the best way, but it's fast. It'll work. The Horn can only output so much per minute. You can't pour an ocean out of a bottle, even if there's an ocean's worth of water inside. Monstro is big enough to ignore whatever the Horn can produce, guaranteed. If you have a better plan, let's hear it; you have until I can channel up a fireball big enough to get us out of here to come up with something."

--------------------
PM
^
Icefox
 Posted: Jan 10 2015, 06:16 PM
Powerful

N/A

Great. Thinking on her feet. Not her best skill when she had no idea what she was doing or where she really was, but she could probably come up with something.

"Take me up front, let's see what his mouth is like. If I can get through his teeth, we can go out the way we came in."

--------------------
Captain Natalie Prisma
Dutchess "Dovi" Prisma
Selina Williams
Jane Doe
PM
^
Wahnsinniger
 Posted: Jan 10 2015, 06:20 PM
Powerful

N/A

"Alright. My patience for being here has run out, so you'd better hold on tight and try not to stick your head into the wind. Getting hairwhipped is not fun." Ethan said, giving Prisma a moment to brace herself before opening up the throttle. The Keyblade Glider was a vehicle designed for interplanetary travel. The acceleration was intense, to say the least.

--------------------
PM
^
Icefox
 Posted: Jan 10 2015, 06:25 PM
Powerful

N/A

Speed. Good. Speed would give them some extra force, and she figured she would need every bit of power she could get out of this if she was going to do what she expected. Sure enough, as they went further up, she could see the thing's teeth resting resolutely shut against each other, and she began getting ready for what was to come.

"Open it up, full speed toward that thing. I need as much energy as we can get out of this thing if I'm going to have a shot at this." She began forcing her will into her fist, forming layer after layer of hard stone around it. This was the hard part, making it big enough to make a good hole but not so big as to throw the glider off. She got it just big enough to surround the ship and, teeth approaching fast, pushed her will into it to give it a little more strength, and got ready to punch.

"You were asking why I punch mountains, right?"

--------------------
Captain Natalie Prisma
Dutchess "Dovi" Prisma
Selina Williams
Jane Doe
PM
^
Wahnsinniger
 Posted: Jan 10 2015, 06:33 PM
Powerful

N/A

Ethan rolled his eyes. Prisma didn't understand what she was saying, but decided to do as he was asked regardless, opening the throttle to full and holding it there. The air in front of the Glider started to blister from the friction of its passing, Of course, at a certain point the machine simply couldn't accelerate any faster, limiting their speed a bit when they finally made contact with Monstro's teeth.

A mere 5,200 miles an hour.

--------------------
PM
^
Icefox
 Posted: Jan 10 2015, 06:40 PM
Powerful

N/A

It wasn't hard throwing the punch, not when they had that much speed behind them. Of course, holding it together and not instantly turning it to dust was a lot harder. She had expected a couple hundred miles an hour. Of course, this worked just as well for smashing through, and with an incredible roar of breaking bone and rock they smashed through the thing's front teeth and made it cleanly into the space between its lips and remaining teeth. Now they just needed to go back for the ship.

"That's why I do it."

--------------------
Captain Natalie Prisma
Dutchess "Dovi" Prisma
Selina Williams
Jane Doe
PM
^
Wahnsinniger
 Posted: Jan 10 2015, 06:47 PM
Powerful

N/A

Ethan didn't slow down one iota, banking sharply and zipping back in through the gap to collect the Gummi Ship.

"Good job, you're amazing. I'll give you a hug later or something. For now, let's rescue our ship and get the hell out of here so I can finish freaking out in relative safety, okay?"

--------------------
PM
^
Icefox
 Posted: Jan 10 2015, 06:50 PM
Powerful

N/A

At the speed they were going, by the time Prisma thought to reply they were already within sight of their ship again. This thing was pretty quick; if they ever found civilization again, she would totally steal it to go shopping. He probably wouldn't like that, though.

"Okay, we're back! Now we just need to get this thing past his lips and we can finally get back to our regularly scheduled Not This!"

--------------------
Captain Natalie Prisma
Dutchess "Dovi" Prisma
Selina Williams
Jane Doe
PM
^
Wahnsinniger
 Posted: Jan 10 2015, 06:59 PM
Powerful

N/A

"I'm right with you on that."

The glider dropped down onto the deck and disappeared, leaving nothing but sparkles behind as Ethan sprinted into the ship's cockpit and started the liftoff process.

"We'll be gone in ten seconds, take a seat."

--------------------
PM
^
Icefox
 Posted: Jan 10 2015, 07:06 PM
Powerful

N/A

Prisma followed him in and settled down against the console, the room not being big enough for two chairs. They would need to fix that in their next ship. Still, she got quite the view as they powered out through the hole and burst back out of the whale and onto their journey once more.

"Well, that was fun. And we got a magic food thing! Now to go start a restaurant or whatever. Do we even know where we're going?"

--------------------
Captain Natalie Prisma
Dutchess "Dovi" Prisma
Selina Williams
Jane Doe
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
RPG-D || Teen Titans GO~ || The Games

Disclaimer: using the Split Lock skin by DoubleXXCross will not give you a suit of armour.
But even if it did, you can still very much get shot in the face.