photo the_inter.png

<% NEWS %>
Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

» Belly of the Whale
Tarkya
 Posted: Aug 8 2013, 06:39 PM
Veteran

The sun will rise.

Group: Global Moderator
Member No.: 8

Bastian came to suddenly, roused by the humidity and a sickly smell of salt and... something else. He wasn't sure he wanted to put a name to it.

He got up slowly, his eyes easily cutting through the darkness that filled the gummi ship now. What he could see out the window was dim and strange - it looked like some massive, flooded cavern with wooden towers and platforms built up in it. Bastian studied them for a moment, trying to understand, and then his memory caught up with the rest of him.

We've been swallowed, he realized, and turned away from the window, looking instead for his travelling companion. "Legode, are you okay?"

--------------------
PM AIM MSN
^
Auragongal
 Posted: Aug 8 2013, 06:57 PM
Renowned

N/A

Group: Character Moderator
Member No.: 7

Brace Yourself!

Those were the last words Legode heard before the ship was devoured, and the druid was knocked unconscious. In her mind though, she could hear something, an unfamiliar voice speak to her.

Help... I need help, they're tearing me up from within...

Before she could ask who, however she heard Bastian's voice and she groaned awake.

"What?" she said, her mind half way there as her darkvision kicked in, her eyes glowing red as she saw the world around her in the infra-red spectrum. She then realized what happened as Bastian's question finally registered, and looking at the Asmodian, she spoke. "Yes, I'm fine. Did you hear anything a moment ago? I thought I heard someone asking for help."

--------------------
Characters:
Legode Rydrion, the Blue Skinned Druid(Please keep in mind that while Legode is female, she looks highly bifauxnen/ manly in appearance. She never really developed in the chest area. Also has a Dire Wolf as her druidic animal companion. Do not call said companion a puppy/treat him like a house pet.)
Drizzt Do'Urden(Canon Character)
Aria Token(Mute, Hotblooded, Battling Ballerina)
PM Email
^
Tarkya
 Posted: Aug 8 2013, 07:26 PM
Veteran

The sun will rise.

Bastian shook his head, noting the red glow of Legode's eyes but deciding not to comment. Instead he extended a hand to her to help her to her feet. "Nothing but the groans of the thing that ate us."

Even with his eyes adapted to darkness, Bastian still had trouble seeing clearly with so few light sources. "There seem to be some structures out there - apparently this whale likes eating the unwary on a regular basis. Hopefully we can convince it to spit us back out..."

--------------------
PM AIM MSN
^
Auragongal
 Posted: Aug 8 2013, 07:48 PM
Renowned

N/A

Help... Legode heard again, and at that moment, Yethrys came out of the druid's room growling at his nap being disturbed.

Care to explain what happened? And who decided swallowing us was a smart idea? Yethrys growled, while Legode sighed before she spoke.

"We were eaten by a... star... whale." Legode said, and the confused whine from the dire wolf caused her to nod. "Yes, I know it's odd, but that is what happened. And, I keep hearing another voice, it might be that of the whale's." The druid then stood up and grabbed Bastian by the hand.

"My Darkvision will help me find the door, but once we're off the ship, I'll need a bit of guidance... my darkvision ability lets me see in the infra red spectrum, and as this whale is giving off a lot of heat inside, it may be difficult for me to see inside it." she said to the asmodian, "Once we're out, I'll need to turn my darkvision off before casting a light spell, if I don't, I'll end up blinding myself as I cast it."

--------------------
Characters:
Legode Rydrion, the Blue Skinned Druid(Please keep in mind that while Legode is female, she looks highly bifauxnen/ manly in appearance. She never really developed in the chest area. Also has a Dire Wolf as her druidic animal companion. Do not call said companion a puppy/treat him like a house pet.)
PM Email
^
Tarkya
 Posted: Aug 16 2013, 10:28 PM
Veteran

The sun will rise.

"The voice of the whale? That would explain why I don't hear anything," Bastian said, blinking as Legode grabbed his hand. Of course he'd offered it, but the contact was still odd. It was strange how much like him she looked, and then there were those little things that reminded him that she was something else entirely...

He shook his head to clear away his thoughts, and looked at Legode's glowing eyes. "You see by heat? That's a little different from me." He looked around, spotting the shape of Yethrys in the darkness, grey against grey. "I can see well enough, but even Asmodae has the light of plants to see by during the night."

He decided he'd let Legode lead him here nonetheless - she was the one who knew this ship's layout, not him. "I'll need to shield my eyes as well, so warn me before you cast your spell."

--------------------
PM AIM MSN
^
Auragongal
 Posted: Aug 16 2013, 10:48 PM
Renowned

N/A

"Yes I do see by heat." Legode said, "As for glowing plants... there might be some in the Underdark somewhere, but as I've never been, I do not know for sure." Once she heard his comment about warning him before casting the light spell, she nodded and smiled.

"Don't worry, I will Bastian." she told him then, and soon led him out of the ship, Yethrys bringing up the rear. Once they were out of the ship though, she looked at the asmodian and spoke once again.

"Alright, I'm turning off my darkvision, and casting the light spell now." she said, and the glow from her eyes faded into the darkness of the belly of the whale. Legode then began going through the motions of casting the light spell, chanting the words and moving her hands around a bit as a ball of light started to form infront of her. When she completed the spell, she cupped her hands under the light and focused as she let it float upward and waited until it was over her head. As the lightball remained there, the druid then opened her eyes and looked around the area.

Her disgusted expression was enough to let on that she was not all to comfortable about seeing the inside of a beast, with the fleshy walls pulsing, a few veins being seen occasionally on the floor, and finally the smell was enough to nearly cause her to gag.

"I may be a druid and be attuned to nature, but I'm not sure there is anyone out there who would enjoy this situation." she then said, Yethrys nodding and whining in agreement.

--------------------
Characters:
PM Email
^
Tarkya
 Posted: Aug 18 2013, 10:03 PM
Veteran

The sun will rise.

Bastian shut his eyes and covered them as Legode cast her light spell. Even shielded he could still the light shining through his eyelids. He hissed quietly in pain, but was eventually able to squint past the light and into the cavern that was the whale's mouth.

"Ugh..." There was something thoroughly unpleasant about this area that made his mane bristle. The worry of getting his talons and mane wet with this star whale's secretions was a strong one. "We should try to get this thing to spit us out as soon as possible. Maybe if we make it sick..."

--------------------
PM AIM MSN
^
Auragongal
 Posted: Aug 18 2013, 10:35 PM
Renowned

N/A

What's wrong with him? Is little Bassy afraid to get his mane wet? Yethrys growled, before laughing a quick, wheezy laugh. Of course, the comment earned the Dire Wolf a dirty look from Legode as she listened to Bastian's idea, and when the plan of making it sick came up, the druid heard the whale speak up.

Don't even think about that. It happened before, I do not wish it to happen again. the whale said, causing Legode to raise an eyebrow at this information.

"Bastian, I think the beast can hear us." she then said, and then got an idea. "Since this is an animal, despite it being in space, I want to try and use Animal Empathy to negotiate with it... I just hope I'm able to even connect with a creature this size."

The druid then bit her lip, she knew she was talented with animal empathy back in Faerun, but the largest animal she ever calmed down with that skill wasn't even half as big as the whale they were stuck inside at the moment. If she failed, it would be a major blow to her confidence as a druid, but if she succeeded, she would certainly have a tale for her family if she ever returned home.

--------------------
Characters:
PM Email
^
Tarkya
 Posted: Aug 18 2013, 10:44 PM
Veteran

The sun will rise.

"It speaks Asmo- it can understand us?" He looked up at the "roof" of the cave, a part of his mind growling that they couldn't trust this creature, even if they could communicate with it, that it could betray them and swallow them at a moment's notice-

"If it's talking to us, then that improves our chances. See what you can figure out." He rested his hand on his sword hilt, more for comfort than battle readiness. It wasn't as if lashing out in here would help them any.

--------------------
PM AIM MSN
^
Auragongal
 Posted: Aug 18 2013, 11:25 PM
Renowned

N/A

"Alright." Legode said, and closed her eyes to try and focus on connecting with the whale. She needed to keep herself in tune with nature itself before attempting to reach into the Whale's mind, and envisioned what Nature was in her mind.

Nature is life, and death. It is beautiful and horrid. Nature decays and enriches life. It is neither good nor evil, chaotic nor lawful. Nature has cycles, but those cycle can change due to forces within it, and outside it. Nature adapts, and its guardians should adapt. Remaining the same is unwise, as there will be changes tradition is useless against. Nature evolves, and I must evolve, adapt, and grow as well. she thought to herself, her mind clearing as her nerves calmed down. She then started reaching her mind out to the whale's, and started to feel it's pain. She grunted as she felt what it felt, but kept trying to get through to the whale's mind and try and calm it down a bit. However, the creature's mind was strong, and the druid struggled to keep up with the empathic connection. Luckily, the connection stuck and Legode opened her eyes as she started to speak to the whale.

"Monstro, you are in pain already, and I heard you ask for help. However, myself, and my friends, Bastian and Yethrys, need you to let us go so we can reach Radiant Garden." she said, "Is there a chance if we are able to help you, that you would let us go so we may continue our journey?"

You... entered my mind, and sense my pain, do you not? Little one, you learned my name from my thoughts. I am impressed by this, however, the monster that appeared further inside my stomach, it is tearing me up from the inside and has brought forth those shadow creatures from the past once again.

"I see." Legode said, and felt a tinge of pain around her left eye as she felt the whale's own pain once more. "If we destroy this monster, and the heartless it had caused to appear, will you let us go?"

If you succeed, I shall head to this Radiant Garden and let you out near there. But, I must warn you. This monster, it gives off a... feeling of pain and suffering... be careful around it.

"Thank you for the warning." Legode said, and the empathic connection ended. Legode nearly sunk to the fleshy floor of the whale as her mind unlinked from the whale's and looked to Bastian to let him know what they had to do.

"Monstro, the whale, said he would let us go if we destroyed a monster agonizing him. From the feeling I got through the link, and the desciption I was given... I fear it may be a Tormented." she told the asmodian, and did her best to collect herself before getting ready to head deeper into the stomach of the whale.

--------------------
Characters:
PM Email
^
Tarkya
 Posted: Aug 19 2013, 10:10 PM
Veteran

The sun will rise.

"A Tormented..." Bastian frowned, gripping the hilt of his sword tighter as he considered the information. "So... it'll be a fight, then."

He could worry over Legode, but the red glint in his eyes was proof enough that he had other things on his mind. Tormented, Heartless, the Balaur themselves... they were all enemies, and he was as much a sword for the Shedim Lords as he was a shield to his allies. He stretched his neck, mentally and physically warming up for the ensuring combat. "Lets do it quick then... when you're ready, we'll hunt these monsters down."

--------------------
PM AIM MSN
^
Auragongal
 Posted: Aug 19 2013, 10:24 PM
Renowned

N/A

Legode, this guy is like one of those barbarians back home. Yethrys growled, causing the druid to sigh.

"Yethrys, be happy I'm the only one who can understand what your saying, otherwise you and Bastian would be constantly fighting." Legode said, unaware that the dire wolf was able to speak common as it had demonstrated to Bastian back in the Land of Dragons. She then muttered to herself, "There's also no need to worry about me, just a bit exhausted from connecting to the mind of a giant whale..."

The druid then looked to Bastian and saw the glint in his eye. "Bastian, do not underestimate the Tormented. I've faced them before, and they emit auras that relate their suffering to you, and their death cries will only amplify what is felt by the aura. The Heartless are nothing compared to them." she said to him, taking off her hairclip and shifting it into it's rapier mode before drawing her icy, black dagger that emitted a purple light. "But yes, let's try and take care of this quickly."

With that, the druid then headed deeper into the whale's stomach, Yethrys stopping for a moment and looked at Bastian before speaking common very softly.

"I'm watching you, 'Bassy', if you mess up and focus more on the enemy than Legode, I will find a way to make you suffer if my partner dies." The dire wolf said, before growling and running after Legode before she went too far ahead.

--------------------
Characters:
PM Email
^
Tarkya
 Posted: Aug 21 2013, 05:48 PM
Veteran

The sun will rise.

Bastian opened his mouth to refute Legode's statement, then thought better of it and closed it again. He unsheathed his own sword, which smoldered red in tandem with his eyes. "Don't worry, I won't underestimate them. But I will not fear them, either."

Before he could move to take a defensive position before Legode, he found himself stopped by Yethrys. He raised an eyebrow as the creature threatened him, and while he knew that a beast enraged could be a threat, he couldn't help but wish he could've snapped back before he'd run off. He'd have words with that warg later.

He ran ahead as well, his armor clattering as he caught up with Legode and Yethrys. He shot the wolf a glare before speaking to Legode. "I'll take point. That way, I'll be the most obvious target for any ambushes."

--------------------
PM AIM MSN
^
Auragongal
 Posted: Aug 21 2013, 06:05 PM
Renowned

N/A

"Alright, but I want to do one thing first." Legode said, focusing and casting a spell. "Protection from Elements." A blue light surrounded Bastian then, disappearing after the spell was completed.

"That should help keep you alive longer," Legode said, giving the asmdian a small smile, she then used another spell, Greater Magic Fang to empower Yethrys before following Bastian as he took point position, Yethrys bringing up the rear.

Let's just hope Bassy doesn't die anyway. the Dire Wolf growled to Legode, However, I'll admit that he gets points for becoming the prime target instead of just letting you be the decoy.

Legode rolled her eyes at the comment, before her ears picked up the faint sound of agonized moaning, the druids left eye, and the scar around it feeling a tiny amount of pain. "I can hear the tormented ahead, and it's already affecting me... I'll ignore it's wails for as long as I can though." she then whispered to Bastian, keeping quiet to get ready for a surprise attack on the enemy instead of them being ambushed.

--------------------
Characters:
PM Email
^
Tarkya
 Posted: Aug 22 2013, 03:39 PM
Veteran

The sun will rise.

"Thanks." The feeling of Legode's magic was a bit different than what he was used to, but even he could recognize a protective spell when he felt one. "Don't worry, I'm used to being on the front line."

And indeed there was something about the way he was moving that suggested a familiarity with leading the way into dangerous territory, from the way he moved and surveyed the area for any possible dangers or ambushes. The sound of moaning gave him pause and made his skin sting uncomfortably.

"I can feel it..." It was a form of assault he was unused to, but pain at least was familiar. "If its influence grows too strong, then stay back and attack from afar while I hold its attention."

He moved forward, his eyes bright as they searched the road ahead for his targets.

--------------------
PM AIM MSN
^
Auragongal
 Posted: Aug 23 2013, 08:48 AM
Renowned

N/A

"You're welcome." Legode told Bastian when he thanked, her, and as he mentioned being used to the front line, the blue elf added, "That doesn't mean I shouldn't try to keep you alive as long as I can however, adventuring parties need to work together or else they will be wiped out, which I'm guessing you already know if your world has something similar to that little rule."

Legode continued to follow Bastian, noting how he moved and surveyed the area ahead like a predator stalking its prey. Legode herself moved in a similar way, creeping through the whale's stomach slowly and carefully. She remembered how back home, she would move like this in a cave or dungeon she'd find herself in, keeping an eye out for traps, disabling them, and also to surprise an enemy or two. While it sounded a bit like a rogue tactic, the druid knew there would be times she'd need to adapt to a situation quickly, or else she'd end up being in another Grimshade Run, and possibly killed.

As they neared the target of their small hunt, Legode heard the moaning get louder, the pain around the eye hidden by her hair increasing. Yethrys also let out a small whine as the dire wolf became affected as well, and the druid turned and reassuringly patted her partner's neck. Of course, when Bastian mentioned feeling it, and gave his thoughts on what she should do in case it was too much for her, she nodded.

"Don't worry, I will." she told the asmodian, "You be careful as well, and I hope you have something you can use for ranged attacks also, if not, and you end up in trouble... I'll have to use a spell that will put me into a frenzy, and I'd rather not be forced to use it."

Yes, because when you use the Blood Frenzy spell, you do act more like a beast. Didn't you once rip someone's... Yethrys growled, but the druid then interrupted the wolf.

"You finish that sentence Yethrys, and I'll dismiss you and not let you partake in the battle."

Yethrys then let out a small whine, the dire wolf not wanting to miss a fight against a Tormented like the last time the druid faced one. And as the two continued following Bastian, it was not long before they saw the monster itself.

Legode let out a gasp of horror as she saw the Tormented, its body partially maimed, its eyes sewn shut, while the stitches over its mouth were stretched enough for it to moan in agony. The druid felt more pain now, as she sheathed her dagger and switched her rapier into it's ranged mode. Of course, as Legode stared at the monster, she could see all too well what this tormented might have been brought about by, having witnessed something like it herself a long time ago.

"Torture." she mumbled, "That... that thing must have been born from some sort of torture."

--------------------
Characters:
PM Email
^
Tarkya
 Posted: Sep 4 2013, 02:20 PM
Veteran

The sun will rise.

The feeling of pain that emanated from the creature before Bastian was perhaps not as powerful for him than the druid behind him, but it wore at him nonetheless. Torture seemed like an ideal origin for a creature this twisted, and it seemed that whatever it had felt in its life was now being inflicted upon them as revenge.

He grit his teeth. Having ranged capabilities would certainly be useful, but he didn't even have enough energy to throw a tether. He would just have to do things the old fashioned way.

"RrrRRAAGH!" he cried out, charging the monster without hesitation. It began to back away in an attempt to avoid him, but not before Bastian hit it with a series of quick stabs.

"This one's fast... Legode, can you lock it down?"

--------------------
PM AIM MSN
^
Auragongal
 Posted: Sep 4 2013, 02:33 PM
Renowned

N/A

Legode sighed as Bastian charged in, and Yethrys was soon to follow, trying to help the warrior against the tormented causing trouble. However, it kept trying to stay out of reach and started to cast a spell just as Bastian suggested Legode try to slow it down somehow.

Legode at first considered using entangle, but considering their current location, soon believed it to be a bad idea and went with a different spell. Focusing her magic and casting, Legode had just managed to beat out the tormented's casting as she shouted "Sleep!" The Tormented, being hit by the magic wobbled and fell silent just before it hit the floor of the stomach, sleeping peacefully. With the moaning temporarily ended, the pain Legode felt started to fade as she shouted to Bastian and Yethrys.

"Hurry you two, strike for a coup de grace now while it's asleep!" she said, and hoped that the tormented wouldn't wake up soon.

--------------------
Characters:
PM Email
^
Tarkya
 Posted: Sep 8 2013, 10:51 PM
Veteran

The sun will rise.

The moment the Tormented fell Bastian launched into action. He didn't know how powerful Legode's sleep spell would be, but if it was anything like those of his world's Spiritmasters, he wouldn't have long before it got in a counterattack.

He struck at the monster with a series of long swings and spun with the momentum of the third strike. However, rather than a fourth slash he pulled his sword, and instead he smashed the monster away from him with the flat of his shield.

"Hey, mutt! Your turn!" He shouted out, bringing his sword before him in a defensive position between the Tormented and Legode.

--------------------
PM AIM MSN
^
Auragongal
 Posted: Sep 9 2013, 10:50 AM
Renowned

N/A

After Bastian's attacks, the sleep spell wore off, though the Tormented was very badly hurt as it wobbled. Yethrys, while not liking being called a mutt again, gave Bastian an annoyed look before lunging at the tormented and ripping the thing's arm off with his jaws. Of course, before the limb could disappear, Yethrys decided to get some mileage with the peice of tormented in his mouth by smacking the monster with the limb until it disappeared in a stream of dark smoke, all just to add insult to the injury.

Legode, seeing it was on its last legs, then swung her arm like she was cracking a whip, and launched the disk like "body" of her bat-like hairclip. As the bladed "wings" of the clip base hit the Tormented, a deep gash appeared in its side. Legode repeated the movement two more times, and on the third, the Tormented was defeated.

However, no injuries were made to its throat during the attack, and the monster let out one final wail as it died, intending to leave one final "gift" for the victorious party. The death wail of the anguished, like any other Tormented, would have an effect on them by causing those that hear it to hallucinate, for a very short time normally, being tortured in some way. Of course, while those that did not actually suffer this sort of pain, like Yethrys, would not have it last long, those who had experienced it would certainly have it last a little longer.

As Yethrys soon snapped out of the Tormented's Spell, Legode started feeling immense pain around her blinded eye, as for a moment, her vision was taken over by the memory of the tail end of those torturous three days she spent when she was 13, just before her mother came to rescue her, a very minor devil sent to get the blue elf thought it would have been funny to stab her in the eye with a spear. As the illusionary spear once again hit her left eye, the druid screamed in agony as she fell to her knees and dropped her hair clip, her hand over her left eye as she felt the burning pain of the original injury.

"Phraktos xsa nindol jiv'undus! Morfeth nindol flamgra'in vrine'winith, gi phraktos, l'jiv'undus! L'vith'ez jiv'undus!"*

SPOILER(Show/Hide)
*=Gods damn this pain! Make this burning stop, oh gods, the pain! The fucking Pain!

--------------------
Characters:
PM Email
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
RPG-D || Teen Titans GO~ || The Games

Disclaimer: using the Split Lock skin by DoubleXXCross will not give you a suit of armour.
But even if it did, you can still very much get shot in the face.