photo the_inter.png

<% NEWS %>
Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

» Belly of the Whale
Tarkya
 Posted: Sep 9 2013, 02:07 PM
Veteran

The sun will rise.

Group: Global Moderator
Member No.: 8

Bastian had prepared himself for a long fight - that was how these things normally went, after all, especially with unknown enemies. However, he'd underestimated the strength (and in the warg's case, viciousness) of his companions. He was glad they were on his side. Even Yethrys.

The Anguished's final cry was startling, though. It was a noise of suffering, and for a moment he couldn't help but feel the pain as if it were his own. It passed quickly though, at least for him. Torment, especially physical torment, was a feeling he had not truly experienced, and the pains of battle were just another distraction.

Legode didn't seem to be so lucky.

"Legode?" Bastian turned away from the battlefield, where the elf was clutching her eye and crying out in a language he couldn't understand. "Legode, what's wrong?" he said, sounding a bit panicked. Had the Tormented done something to her?

--------------------
PM AIM MSN
^
The Heartless Wanderer
 Posted: Sep 9 2013, 02:37 PM
Experienced

N/A

Group: Members
Member No.: 18

It had happened... whatever "it" was... while Nero was out of town, sweeping the surrounding area for lingering demons. Dante had destroyed the Hellgates, but all of the demons that had escaped while it was open were still at large, so he had quite the cleanup on his hands, to say the least.

He had stumbled across a device in the mines on his way back--similar to the strange mechanisms in which he'd found the Evil Legacy and the Anima Mercury. There had been a strange-looking key in there... he'd taken hold of it, recklessly, but not with his demon arm, lest it absorb the object before he could figure out what it was even for. Another of the Order's leftover experiments, no doubt, which would mean it needed to be taken care of before someone else with evil intentions got their hands on it...

...and then he'd started to feel sleepy. He'd resisted, realizing it was some kind of trick or trap, he shouldn't have touched this thing, but there was nothing he could do...

The ground had rushed up to meet him, and when he'd woken up, he'd discovered that the ground was a lot warmer and squishier than it had been when he'd passed out.

So, that brings us to Nero's present situation:

"Is this going to be a running theme from now on, or something? Me getting sucked into a giant demon's guts?" he asked no one in particular as he walked along. His sword was at his back, his coat, slightly slimy from contact with the floor, flapped gently around his knees as he walked. His left hand, the human hand bearing his leather wristband and two rings, held his revolver, which casually swung as his side as he walked through the "demon's" belly without a care. It was obviously the inside of some sort of demon, what else could it be? The walls and floor just screamed intestines at him, but Nero wasn't looking to become the world's most badass pile of feces. So he fully intended to work his way to this demon's vital organs and carve them up until it spit him out.

He heard the sounds of a struggle nearby, and paused. Was someone else in here...?

Nero picked up his pace, running forward, not announcing his approach. He knew that, if someone else was in here, then they wouldn't stand a chance against any smaller demons that serviced the inside of it this gargantuan demon's belly. But there was always the chance that it was just little demons fighting each other.

He found himself running down a narrow-ish fleshy "corridor" (one of the littler intestines?) and skidded to a stop just in time to witness a blue-skinned skinny person flay the neck of a person (or demon?) that already looked plenty maimed to begin with. Other things of note? Oh, not much, just a big old monster-wolf and a different sort of blue-skinned thing with some obvious claws going on off to the side. He took one look at them and sighed.

"Great, wonderful, just lovely," he groused, swinging the barrel of his gun up to scratch his nose with. "More demons..."

That was when the scream happened. It hit his ears like tidal wave of sound and his knees almost buckled. Suddenly he was beneath Fortuna Castle again, held up against the wall by two enormous lances beneath his arms. Agnus was there, Agnus was going on and on about his crazy schemes and experiments, and Nero, who was quite sick of listening, had grunted with almost zero interest: "What the hell are you talking about?"

Agnus had responded: "You... should rest."

Nero had never felt such pain as when Agnus had shoved a Cutlass demon right through his torso and ribcage, hadn't felt it before and hadn't felt it since. But now he was feeling it again, and then the violent ripping out of that blade, leaving his chest and stomach gaping open--coughing blood.

Nero's demonic right arm clutched at his chest. But he could hear someone else--a woman--shrieking in pain, shrieking in some unknown language. Hallucination. A mind trick. He had to overcome it. Demons used these sometimes, it had been a very early lesson in the Order, he had to--will himself--past it--

Through the haze of the illusion he could see reality again. He forced himself to walk forward, still clutching the his chest, his human hand lightly gripping his gun, which hung slack at his side. He moved toward the screaming. It was--the demon? The blue-skinned... skinny--demon?

Was it a demon? She sounded so human...

He got down on one knee next to her, clumsily shoving his gun back into his coat so he could put his human hand on her shoulder, trying to shake her from the illusion. "Hey," he said in a shaky voice. "Hey--hey--it's a spell, a mind trick, don't let it--hold you--"

That laboratory hidden under the castle was superimposed over his vision, flickering between semitransparent and translucent. He could see the Bianco Angelo soldiers swooping in for the kill...

--------------------
user posted image

"Everyone is entitled to their own sorrow, for the heart has no metrics or form of measure.
And all of it...irreplacable"

- RWBY "White" Trailer

Characters:
- Xelwis
- Minako Arisato
- Nero
- Melissa Farbanks

Click here to view the Heartless Wanderer's Character Log.
PM WWW
^
Auragongal
 Posted: Sep 9 2013, 02:54 PM
Renowned

N/A

Group: Character Moderator
Member No.: 7

Yethrys quickly ran over to Legode, after hearing what Bastian had said. The blue skinned druid was shaking in her hallucination, and then to the Dire Wolf, it seemed a white haired human that smelled way off to the beast had arrived out of nowhere and told her to snap out of it.

Legode however, was distracted by the imaginary pain that she had barely heard Bastian. However, when she felt her body being shaken, and someone tell her it wasn't real. The illusion faded as she blinked and shook her head, grunting a bit as she was disoriented for a brief time trying to figure out what had just happened. Once her mind cleared up again, she first looked up to Bastian and spoke to him.

"Taudl, I mean, sorry Bastian." she said, correcting herself as she realized she was speaking drow to the asmodean for a moment. "That monster's scream made me relive the moment I became blind in my left eye.... I'm just glad the eyeball itself managed to be regenerated by mother's magic afterward... and that I wasn't awake to feel it." Legode then shifted to look at the person who shook her, and noticed he seemed to be struggling with something as well, possibly the affects of the wail.

"Are you al---" she started to say, before finally noticing the man's arm, and how unnatural it looked. She then unintentionally shouted in the drow tongue, her expression displaying her shock at the limb's appearance in comparasion to the rest of this human's body, "Vel'bol l'vith zhah xusst xuil dosst da're?!*"

SPOILER(Show/Hide)
*= What the fuck is wrong with your arm?!

--------------------
Characters:
Legode Rydrion, the Blue Skinned Druid(Please keep in mind that while Legode is female, she looks highly bifauxnen/ manly in appearance. She never really developed in the chest area. Also has a Dire Wolf as her druidic animal companion. Do not call said companion a puppy/treat him like a house pet.)
Drizzt Do'Urden(Canon Character)
Aria Token(Mute, Hotblooded, Battling Ballerina)
PM Email
^
Tarkya
 Posted: Sep 9 2013, 06:23 PM
Veteran

The sun will rise.

Still fired up by the adrenaline of the previous battle and the flickering flashes of pain left by the Anguished's wail, Bastian turned to the humanoid newcomer with a growl. Pale skin, a strange, twisted arm - everything about the newcomer read "enemy" to him. If it weren't for the fact that his advice seemed to be calming Legode, he might have attacked already.

"It's okay," he muttered in response to the apology. He still wasn't comfortable, though, and his eyes lost none of their glow as Legode gave her explanation. It was hard to believe that one person had been through this much pain-

Legode shouted, and while Bastian couldn't understand the meaning of her words, he could at least hear the shock in them. He ran to her, noting that while she wasn't hurt, the newcomer had a hand on her shoulder. With no one else to target, he turned his glare towards Nero.

"Who are you?" he growled.

--------------------
PM AIM MSN
^
The Heartless Wanderer
 Posted: Sep 10 2013, 09:52 PM
Experienced

N/A

Nero felt an irrational sense of relief as the blue-skinned person's screaming died down. His, or her--which was it?--words registered and he frowned as they matched up with his own experience... a spell that caused one to relive past pain or injury? Seemed to fit...

Then she looked at him, began to thank him--and then began screaming in some gibberish language, the moment she caught sight of his arm.

Nero swore, jumping backward and to his feet, instinctively hiding the Devil Bringer behind his coat. The boy's eyes flitted to the wolf, and then to the other thing, and he remembered that he definitely wasn't among friends here. Why he'd let himself slip and feel concern for a demon was a question he didn't have time to answer--he stepped back and his human hand went to the hilt of the large sword at his back.

"Don't you know it's rude to ask someone their name before giving your own? You first, pal," Nero said, in an obviously-not-friendly voice. "And if you're feeling extra polite, you can also answer the questions 'where am I' and 'how did I get here' and 'give me one good reason why shouldn't kill you like the rest of those demons?'"

--------------------
user posted image

"Everyone is entitled to their own sorrow, for the heart has no metrics or form of measure.

- RWBY "White" Trailer

Characters:
- Xelwis
- Minako Arisato
- Nero
- Melissa Farbanks

PM WWW
^
Auragongal
 Posted: Sep 10 2013, 10:18 PM
Renowned

N/A

Yethrys, watching events unfold thanks to his partner's unexpected freakout, started snickering as he fell to the floor of the whale's stomach and rolled around. Of course, while the beast would be getting a bath after this was over, the dire wolf's partner wasn't going to do anything about the now slimy beast at the moment.

Mainly due to the fact that the druid had accidentally pissed off a complete stranger by freaking out, and causing Bastian to get protective.

"CALM DOWN BOTH OF YOU!" She then shouted, hoping to get both the asmodian, and the freaky human to listen. She first looked at Bastian to try and diffuse the situation.

"Bastian, I was speaking drow, and freaked out because I have never seen a human with a arm like his before back home in Faerun. So please, stand down for now, and I'm sorry for causing you to act." She then turned to the stranger and started doing her best to answer his questions as she took a deep breath.

"My apologies to you about this predicament." she said, trying to keep her cool. "Right now, you are inside a space whale named Monstro. I know it's unbelievable, but me and my companion Bastian would not be here if he didn't swallow us. This Whale, when I used my animal empathy asked for help to destroy that other monster that was torturing it, in exchange, it would let us go outside a world called Radiant Garden. As for introductions, My name is Legode Rydrion, a druid, the dire wolf laughing his tail off is my parther, Yethrys. " The druid then ran her fingers through her hair, showing part of her old scar.

"Now, as for why you shouldn't kill us, I have a ship, you probably don't. If you kill us, especially me, who knows how to pilot that ship, you won't be able to get anywhere, now would you? Also, I don't think Monstro would take to kindly for a complete stranger killing someone he owes a favor to, and may force you to stay inside his belly for the rest of your life."

--------------------
Characters:
Legode Rydrion, the Blue Skinned Druid(Please keep in mind that while Legode is female, she looks highly bifauxnen/ manly in appearance. She never really developed in the chest area. Also has a Dire Wolf as her druidic animal companion. Do not call said companion a puppy/treat him like a house pet.)
PM Email
^
Tarkya
 Posted: Sep 12 2013, 12:14 AM
Veteran

The sun will rise.

"I asked first," Bastian growled in response, his eyes flaring red. Being called a 'demon' did little for his opinion of this newcomer, and as he slid into position he considered the risks of getting into a battle. He was still fresh from the previous fight, and with him, Legode, and Yethrys together they had the advantage...

"CALM DOWN BOTH OF YOU!"

He couldn't help but give Legode an exasperated look as she tried to defuse the situation. He could understand wanting to avoid an unnecessary fight, but it was going to backfire the day she ran into someone who wouldn't listen to her words. On the other hand, he had already danced this routine twice before, and both times it had been Legode who had prevented him from starting an ultimately pointless fight.

He eyes faded from glowing red to normal blue as he sheathed his sword, but he kept his shield in hand as a precaution. "She's telling the truth," he said, frowning at Nero as he tried to watch for any signs of the newcomer preparing an attack. "You have our names - now, it's your turn."

--------------------
PM AIM MSN
^
The Heartless Wanderer
 Posted: Sep 12 2013, 05:59 PM
Experienced

N/A

As Legode spoke, Nero's expression shifted quite a few times--from defensive, to incredulous, to scoffing, and finally, to bland indifference. Then his eyes were drawn to Bastian, whose eyes shifted color as he put his sword away. Nero let his own hand slowly drift away from Red Queen's hilt, though he knew he could whip out Blue Rose in a blink if he had to.

"A space whale..." he said in a voice of amused disbelief. "Radiant Garden? You two make it sound like we're in a children's storybook. I know I'm inside something, that's easy enough to see. Pardon me if I don't take the spaceship talk at face value, it's kind of, you know, ridiculous?"

Nero shifted position, turning to the side, assuming a more relaxed stance. He casually drew Blue Rose, though he didn't aim it at any of the three demons in front of him--just began to idly twirl it in his hand, taking a few steps back down the way he'd come. It was a stance and action designed to project an attitude of disengaged calm, although it also kept his demon arm concealed from view by his body and coat.

"The name's Nero. So, since you guys seem to know so much, you can probably tell me what I need to do to get the hell out of this thing. Right?"

--------------------
user posted image

- RWBY "White" Trailer

Characters:
- Xelwis
- Minako Arisato
- Nero
- Melissa Farbanks

PM WWW
^
Auragongal
 Posted: Sep 13 2013, 02:31 PM
Renowned

N/A

Legode gave a flat look to Nero as he commented on how ridiculous the current situation was.

"This coming from the man with the arm of a monster." she said, "Said man also just so happening to be speaking with an elven druid, an Asmodian, and getting made fun of by a Dire Wolf to boot." As she fell silent on that last part, Yethrys' snickers could still be heard in the area as the beast also managed to growl out something only Legode could understand.

Oh wow! This is priceless! I know what the alternatives are going to be, and I just bet he won't like them!

"As for other routes out," Legode said, giving a slight smirk, "You can either go through the mouth, with Bastian and myself, or keep heading deeper into the whale until you come out its other end."

--------------------
Characters:
PM Email
^
Tarkya
 Posted: Sep 13 2013, 07:08 PM
Veteran

The sun will rise.

"The warg's the worst bit," Bastian muttered, giving the laughing Yethrys an annoyed looked before turning his attention back to the humanoids of the group. "Personally, I think we should keep him close. We went through all this trouble helping this whale - letting something else punch it in the stomach would make it all pointless."

He didn't like the idea of bringing this Elyos-looking man along, and it showed in his voice, but the alternatives pinged at his conscious. "We're going to a world where you should be able to get a ship of your own - and then you can go your own way."

--------------------
PM AIM MSN
^
The Heartless Wanderer
 Posted: Sep 13 2013, 08:49 PM
Experienced

N/A

Nero's gun ceased its twirling at the mention of his arm. He paused, then turned back to the others, making no effort to hide his arm this time. His eyes narrowed. "'Space whale' just sounds childish," he said flatly. "And it's the arm of a 'demon,' not that it matters. 'Monsters' are those things kids get all shivery and scared of when the lights go out. 'Demons' are real. And I don't really see how one arm matters when it's obvious neither of you are human, to say nothing of the furball over there."

Nero took a step forward, resting his gun on his shoulder. The Devil Bringer, now that was fully visible, clearly glowed with a dim blue light, at least where it wasn't covered in thick, red plates of demon-scales. The nails weren't exactly clawed, though; they looked sharp, but not on the same level of lethality as Bastian's talons or Yethrys's claws and fangs.

"But you're trying to get out of this thing, too? Okay, I'll bite," he said. "I'll believe that much, at least. You don't look like you belong here, whatever 'here' actually is. Tell me, though, what do you mean by 'helping' the whale?"

A pause.

"And what the hell is an Asmodian?" he asked in a disbelieving. "Something a little less fantasy-fairy-tale than an elf, I hope."

--------------------
user posted image

- RWBY "White" Trailer

Characters:
- Xelwis
- Minako Arisato
- Nero
- Melissa Farbanks

PM WWW
^
Auragongal
 Posted: Sep 14 2013, 10:17 AM
Renowned

N/A

The moment Nero mentioned his arm came from a demon, Yethrys stopped laughing and got up, backing away from the group as if he sensed some incoming danger. Legode on the other hand, clenched her fists as she tried very, very hard to remain calm.

"We were helping this whale by getting rid of a monster, which we succeeded in doing since you were apparently affected by that... anguished creature's death wail. That monster was part of a group of beings called The Tormented, and they seem to be related to negative emotions as the ones I've encountered so far dealt with illness, and pointlessness along with intense thirst and hunger. They are able to influence people's minds, and push the feelings they were born from onto those who get near them from what I can tell." the druid said, "I connected to the whale's mind through animal empathy, and made a deal with it, if we took care of the tormented, he would take us to Radiant Garden and let our ship out there."

Legode kept glaring at Nero, trying her best not to snap despite being in the presence of someone that had the arm of a demon. However, her memories of the devils that held her prisoner were still a bit strong as she soon spoke again.

"Now, answer me this, Nero." she said through clenched teeth, before out right yelling, "What sort of waele fa'la zatoast dalharuk d'natha elg'caress* are you to let a demon's arm get grafted to your body?! I am fully aware of how real demons, and vith'ez** devils are as they can appear in my own world, and honestly? No one, and I mean no one has to be as stupid as you are to kill a demon, take one of their limbs, and make it part of their body!"

Yethrys, despite wanting to see his partner beat the crap out of Nero, decided to try and hold back the angry druid as she tried to attack the man. The Dire Wolf, as much as he would hate doing so, then looked to Bastian for help in this situation while the beast held Legode by the back of her vest.

SPOILER(Show/Hide)
*= stupid bastard son of a bitch
**= f***ing

--------------------
Characters:
PM Email
^
Tarkya
 Posted: Sep 15 2013, 10:50 PM
Veteran

The sun will rise.

Bastian eyed Nero's arm warily, but apparently the human wasn't the one he had to watch here. Legode's sudden outburst was surprising, and he didn't think she was wrong, but he'd already made a commitment to avoiding conflict while they were all stuck in this... space whale.

Besides, even the warg was looking to him for help, and that probably wasn't going to happen often. He walked to Legode, put his hands on her shoulders, and looked her in the eye. "Legode. I understand what you're feeling, but now isn't the time for a fight. You can't even know why he has that arm. Don't fall to the level of the Elyos."

He let go of her after that and turned to Nero, keeping himself between them on the off chance that a fight occurred anyhow.

"The Asmodians are the people of Asmodae, the upper half of my world. Human, despite our appearances," he said, crossing his arms so that his claws were visible. "Our land is dark, and we adapted to survive it. There's nothing 'fairy-tale' about it."

--------------------
PM AIM MSN
^
The Heartless Wanderer
 Posted: Sep 15 2013, 11:28 PM
Experienced

N/A

Nero hadn't exactly not expected some kind of shift in demeanor. He wasn't quite expecting to see hatred radiating off the so-called elf in metaphorical waves. It was the difference between the citizens of Fortuna before the incident--who mostly knew demons in the same way children knew monsters--and people whose lives had actually been torn apart by demon aggression... those same citizens, after the incident, in many cases.

The boy sighed at the question, though most of the annoyance was gone. He gave his gun one final twirl, and holstered it.

"I didn't choose this arm," he said in a tired voice. "And for the longest time I hated the damned thing. But if I can use it to send bastards like Sanctus to hell where they belong, then I'll take it."

Nero's eyes lingered on Yethrys, whose despite no speaking, had been the first member of this odd group to take a cautious stance. The wolf had known there was a sore topic here, and that Nero had just thrown salt at it.

The boy rubbed at the back of his neck.

"Look," he said. "Demons are your enemies, right? And I kill demons for a living. Let's just settle for enemy-of-my-enemy status until we're out of here, then you can grill me for answers all you want. That work for you?"

Then he looked to Bastian, and simply said, "Sorry to say, I've never heard of any 'Asmodae.' But then I haven't really left Fortuna much at all outside of demon-hunting expeditions for the Order, so hell, maybe I'm just uneducated."

He shrugged, and then lifted his arm, observing how faint the glow was.

"This thing tends to get a little excited when demons are near, so I was wondering why I wasn't getting any vibes from this place. Maybe there's something to what you guys are saying after all."

--------------------
user posted image

- RWBY "White" Trailer

Characters:
- Xelwis
- Minako Arisato
- Nero
- Melissa Farbanks

PM WWW
^
Auragongal
 Posted: Sep 16 2013, 07:45 AM
Renowned

N/A

The moment Bastian grabbed her shoulders and looked her in the eye, Legode turned a bit lavender as she felt herself blush while she listened to him. When he let go, she didn't try to attack Nero as she looked at the squishy floor of the whale's insides and spoke.

"My apologies." she said, more to Nero than anything else, "But having an encounter with denizens of the lower planes when you're thirteen tends to leave more than just physical scars."

Yethrys however, did two things, the first was giving a look of gratitude to the Asmodian, and grunted in a way that said that Bastian had earned respect from the dire wolf, not much, but enough to let Yethrys not torment the man for the moment at least. The other thing he did, was give Nero a look that was different than the one he had given Bastian. The gleam in the beast's eyes asking if Nero had managed to learn something from this.

After Nero had finished speaking though, Legode took a deep breath and spoke again.

"Demons and Devils in my world." she said, and then started asking a few questions, "I have not heard of this 'Sanctus' being, but since you said you went on... expeditions to hunt demons, I assume this "Order" is a holy one? Which God does this order worship?"

Yethrys on the other hand, snickered when Nero mentioned his arm getting 'excited.'

Excited huh? That probably isn't the only thing then. the beast growled, before letting out his rare loud laugh consisting of a series of quick, high pitched yelps that also caused Legode to cringe and cover her ears.

"Haren. Chynnum. Jiv'undus.*" she then grumbled, giving Yethrys a brief glare.

SPOILER(Show/Hide)
*=Ears. Sensitive. Pain.

--------------------
Characters:
PM Email
^
Tarkya
 Posted: Sep 16 2013, 02:09 PM
Veteran

The sun will rise.

Bastian nodded in response. "And I've never heard of Fortuna, but I've already learned that there are worlds beyond my own." He glanced back at Legode to check on her. It seemed like she'd been snapped out of her moment of rage, and... well, the blush was probably embarrassment over the situation. Yethrys seemed grateful, though - he'd enjoy that feeling later.

"A truce sounds good to me," he said as he looked back to Nero and nodded. "If this whale's carrying any other stomach bugs, the extra sword will be appreciated. For now though, we should try to get back to Legode's ship." He looked in the direction that they had come, which hopefully led to the whale's mouth. "We don't want to get spat out into empty space when we get to our destination."

--------------------
PM AIM MSN
^
The Heartless Wanderer
 Posted: Sep 16 2013, 08:45 PM
Experienced

N/A

...Yep.

That was Nero's only though when Legode spoke of encountering demons at a young age. It was accompanied by a wince. Demons were never easy for children to deal with, and he had a feeling there was more to it than simply "encountering" them. Perhaps the injury to her eye was related...

The white-haired boy nodded and said, "Well, 'holy' as far as that goes. They worshipped a demon that supposedly rebelled against his own kind, saved the world from demon invasion, sealed the demons off and then ruled Fortuna as some kind of feudal lord. Sanctus was the old fuck who turned the Order of the Sword into a world-domination front. Wouldn't you know it--the holy order of demon-slaying knights, trying to control demons and conquer the planet. Well, he's history now, so I guess I'm pretty much the only one left. Not much of a 'holy order' when the only surviving knight doesn't even believe in the damned religion in the first place."

Nero nodded to Bastian, and began to walk in the direction he was heading. He shrugged and added, "I was only part of it because they recovered me from the aftermath of a demon attack when I was a kid... I don't remember much, though, so whatever. I'm good at killing demons and they needed someone who was good at killing demons, I needed a home and a job. So there it was. And then Sanctus built a giant fake god thing and shit happened. I don't get much of a paycheck anymore."

Cracking his knuckles idly, Nero glanced at Bastian and asked, "When you say 'worlds beyond your own,' you mean worlds apart from just--the human world and the demon world?"

--------------------
user posted image

- RWBY "White" Trailer

Characters:
- Xelwis
- Minako Arisato
- Nero
- Melissa Farbanks

PM WWW
^
Auragongal
 Posted: Sep 17 2013, 12:37 PM
Renowned

N/A

As Legode listened to Nero answer her question, she was at first, stunned that this order worshipped a denizen of the abyss that decided to turn good. While this shock was partly from the fact that this order worshipped a demon, it was mostly due to the fact that a demon, one of the planes constant evils, decided to become good. As she headed back to the ship, she tried to wrap her mind around that idea, but it unfortunately only caused her a tremendous headache.

"A... I... what?" she said then to the man, giving him a look of confusion and disbelief, "I'm sorry, but that explanation is just... insane, and I grew up with an uncle who was constantly going on about dice rolls, ability scores, and other nonsensical things over one hundred and eighteen years."

I'm not sure whether to be impressed that someone said something to out crazy Kinder, or be sad at the fact with all the other worlds out there, it's actually possible. Yethrys then growled, shaking his head as they neared the ship, a shining, metal ship named The Heartless Wanderer. As Nero asked about other worlds though, Legode decided to just forget about the "rebelling demon" thing, and just answer that question so her brain wouldn't end up exploding.

"Where I'm from, there are... numerous planes." Legode said, "But yes, there are many worlds out there in this universe, the ones I've seen so far having only humans native to them, but, nothing that could qualify as 'Demons' or 'Devils.' Shades or Undead, possibly, but not either of those two."

--------------------
Characters:
PM Email
^
Tarkya
 Posted: Sep 18 2013, 07:06 PM
Veteran

The sun will rise.

Nero's story was a strange one, but underneath his casual tone of voice was a story that reminded him of his own world.

"On my world, we don't have demons... but we have the Balaur. They once served the creator, Aion, but their lust for power led them to aspire to take His place." He clenched his fists, his claws screeching quietly against the metal of his armor. "They would sooner destroy all of existence than turn to the side of good."

He let his hands relax, though his voice and eyes betrayed his tension. "It is easier to believe that a human turned out to have the soul of a monster then it is to believe a demon turned away from a lust for power... but then again, Asmodians are 'supposed' to be beasts as well. Maybe things are different in your world."

The ship was ahead now, and Bastian looked at it with relief. He was looking forward to breathing fresh air.

--------------------
PM AIM MSN
^
The Heartless Wanderer
 Posted: Sep 19 2013, 06:08 PM
Experienced

N/A

Nero quirked an eyebrow at the elf-girl's incredulity, then shrugged in response to Bastian's. He stopped walking for a moment when his eyes fell on the ship. It looked... very, very strange. Like no vehicle he'd ever seen in the real world, that much was for sure.

"Well, don't let it boggle your brain," Nero said carelessly. "Sparda turning to the side of justice and all that was over a thousand years ago. The only 'demons' I've ever seen that aren't kill-on-sight evil were also part-human."

The boy put his hands on his hips, sighed, and then began to move again. His long blue coat flapped around his legs, and he looked down at it, noting a bit of gunk from the whale's insides coating it on one side. And now he would need to find a dry-cleaner. Marvelous.

"The legend of Sparda goes," Nero went on blandly, "that he grew sympathetic for the plight of humans, turned on his own kind, defeated the demon emperor, and sealed off the gateway to the demon world. Him being a demon, he also locked away a large part of his own power when he closed it off, at least in some versions of the story. Then he reigned the human world to preserve peace until his death, and at some point he fell in love with a human woman and she bore him twin sons. I met one of them; the other used to own--"

Nero held out the Devil Bringer, and a sword--a Japanese-style katana--materialized in his hand.

"--this, apparently. Dante let me keep it for some reason, though."

And then he absorbed Yamato back into the Devil Bringer, letting the arm drop. Nero didn't add that Sanctus had referred to him as one of Sparda's descendants, too. Given how hostile Legode was to demons, mentioning that he was part-demon himself probably wouldn't win him any points with the so-called elf.

--------------------
user posted image

- RWBY "White" Trailer

Characters:
- Xelwis
- Minako Arisato
- Nero
- Melissa Farbanks

PM WWW
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
RPG-D || Teen Titans GO~ || The Games

Disclaimer: using the Split Lock skin by DoubleXXCross will not give you a suit of armour.
But even if it did, you can still very much get shot in the face.