photo the_inter.png

<% NEWS %>
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

» An Interrupted Journey
Icefox
 Posted: Jan 10 2015, 02:04 AM
Powerful

N/A

Group: Global Moderator
Member No.: 65

"Steer the ship, you said. There's nothing up here to hit, you said." Prisma was sitting on the railing of the gummi ship she had made with the help and guidance of a man named Ethan, who had decided to accompany her in an attempt to find her home and possibly buy her lunch at some point. That had been a week ago. A week of uneventful sailing between worlds, with her learning the ways of the ship over his shoulder. It wasn't particularly different from normal sailing ships, but it still took some getting used to and by the time she did, she was just right for being eaten by a space whale. Now they were stuck inside it and she was right out of ideas for the time being.

"Never would've thought a giant flying sea king could be that sneaky."

--------------------
Captain Natalie Prisma
Dutchess "Dovi" Prisma
Paathar Atma, a.k.a. Stoneheart
Selina Williams
Jane Doe
PM
^
Wahnsinniger
 Posted: Jan 10 2015, 02:17 AM
Powerful

N/A

Member No.: 27

"There isn't anything to hit. You just don't know how to look around while you're driving." Ethan groused, leaning on the railing and looking out at the sea of flesh around them. The stench was unbearable. "I always hated this level. This and Jabu-Jabu's Belly. The whole idea is just...gross. It's just as bad as I imagined it would be."

"So. We obviously have to get out of here, and the best way to do that is make the big lug vomit us back up. Ideas?"

--------------------
PM
^
Icefox
 Posted: Jan 10 2015, 02:24 AM
Powerful

N/A

Prisma shrugged and looked around the thing's... Belly, probably. Maybe still its mouth. Whatever it was, the area around them was absolutely gigantic, stretching out further than she could see in every direction, including up. If there was something on the roof of its whatever like a uvula, it was pretty clearly going to be undisturbed.

"Does this thing even have a gag reflex? I mean, we could figure out where its stomach is and cause as much havoc as we can, but honestly I'm not sure we wouldn't get eaten by an antibody in here."

--------------------
Captain Natalie Prisma
Dutchess "Dovi" Prisma
Selina Williams
Jane Doe
PM
^
Wahnsinniger
 Posted: Jan 10 2015, 02:30 AM
Powerful

N/A

"Well, here's the deal. I can go look around pretty easily on the Glider, but I can't do a whole lot of damage while I'm riding my weapon. So if you'd care to tag along, we can go find something delicate-looking to punch and see what he thinks of that. What do you say?" Ethan said, pushing off of the railing and folding his arms.

--------------------
PM
^
Icefox
 Posted: Jan 10 2015, 02:39 AM
Powerful

N/A

Yeah, that probably should've been more obvious. She had totally forgotten that he could fly, and with a new sense of chaotic hope smiled back at him as she hopped down from her perch.

"Get me to the right thing and I can get the big guy to notice us. Let's do this before he digests the ship, shall we?"

--------------------
Captain Natalie Prisma
Dutchess "Dovi" Prisma
Selina Williams
Jane Doe
PM
^
Wahnsinniger
 Posted: Jan 10 2015, 02:47 AM
Powerful

N/A

"Alright then." The Keyblade spun into the air, and the Glider dropped beack down in its place a moment later. Ethan hopped aboard, making the vehicle bob and sway a bit. "Hop on and we'll go make trouble."

--------------------
PM
^
Icefox
 Posted: Jan 10 2015, 02:53 AM
Powerful

N/A

Prisma slung her leg over the glider and settled in behind him, this time not nearly as awkwardly as the first time she had ridden with him. She also hunched down to where she was only sitting a few inches taller than him and wrapped her arms around his chest so that she wouldn't fall off but also wouldn't accidentally smother him with her assets if he turned his head. She was getting the hang of living in this world, and it was just as awesome as where she had come from.

"This was all a story in your world, right? Any chance we can do what they did, or do you think the details got messed up in the transfer?"

--------------------
Captain Natalie Prisma
Dutchess "Dovi" Prisma
Selina Williams
Jane Doe
PM
^
Wahnsinniger
 Posted: Jan 10 2015, 02:58 AM
Powerful

N/A

"I can't actually remember how Sora got out of the whale's belly, but it was some mystic mumbo jumbo horseshit about the power of friendship. At least I think so. I'd be willing to bet that setting his tonsils on fire would work just as well, though, how about you?'

The Glider lifted off of the Gummi Ship's deck smoothly, carrying them up and into the rank darkness of Monstro's... wherever they were in his body. The lack of acid suggested that they were somewhere in his mouth though.

"Call out if you see something likely-looking, alright? I'm gonna keep an eye out for the uvula."

--------------------
PM
^
Icefox
 Posted: Jan 10 2015, 03:04 AM
Powerful

N/A

"I don't do fire. I can punch a minor mountain into submission if I need to, but I never picked up any sort of particularly clever fire powers." While he was looking around, she looked back down to the liquid their ship was bobbing in, and after a minute or two of searching she saw something else breaking the surface of the endless ocean. It was too pointy and angular to be part of the thing's body unless it had serious bone problems, but it was the first thing they had seen since they started.

"On the surface, ten o'clock, about two hundred yards out. Interested?"

--------------------
Captain Natalie Prisma
Dutchess "Dovi" Prisma
Selina Williams
Jane Doe
PM
^
Wahnsinniger
 Posted: Jan 10 2015, 11:21 AM
Powerful

N/A

Ethan banked into an intercept course without even glancing at what Prisma was pointed at. Looked like an old frigate of some kind from up here, fairly heavily armed too. A merchant vessel that had ended up in Monstro's gut? If it was from Pinnochio, there were no telling what sorts of nice trinkets might be inside. That story was big on gold and gems that were lost to time.

"So, how often do you have to do that? Punch a mountain until cries for its mother, I mean." he asked as they zipped towards the dilapidated ship. A little chit-chat might help take his mind off of the disgusting stickiness of the air in here; 100% humidity and then some, with a side order of carrion-eater morning breath. "You've got kind of an odd list of skills. 'Enjoys adventure, bullying guys she just met into relationships, swordfighting and punching rocks in the face.' What did you do for a living anyway?"

--------------------
PM
^
Icefox
 Posted: Jan 10 2015, 01:31 PM
Powerful

N/A

Prisma nearly fell off when he went into a dive but held on and found her center of balance again within a few seconds. She really wasn't used to flying, and doing it over water was really dangerous, even for her. Normally, not being able to swim was a totally fine tradeoff for her abilities, but sometimes sinking like a rock became an issue. In here, she had no certainty that if she went in he would be able to find her before she sank too far to reach.

"If you get the chance, you might want to actually read my story. In my world, if you want to get anywhere, you need to have the power to take it. The pirates kill each other off until they almost uniformly get stronger as you sail down the Grand Line, the Marines have a promotion rubric based almost entirely on your combat prowess, and pretty much everyone else needs to be able to push back when the first two come to town."

"I was a captain in the Marines when I came here. I have powers that world powers would and have done their best to kill for, my first mate can wave around a three hundred-pound hammer like a piece of wood, and we still managed to get our asses handed to us on an irregular basis. Once you hit the Grand Line, breaking down major geographic features is basically a constant."

--------------------
Captain Natalie Prisma
Dutchess "Dovi" Prisma
Selina Williams
Jane Doe
PM
^
Wahnsinniger
 Posted: Jan 10 2015, 01:49 PM
Powerful

N/A

"So, not an ideal vacation spot. Got it. Do you have any hobbies, or is it all just sailing around looking for mountains to punch? Sounds like you didn't have a lot of free time." The Glider tilted back and slewed to a halt on the abandoned frigate's deck, spraying a mist of ick off of the ancient wooden planks with its downdraft.

Ethan cautiously reached down and poked the deck with the tip of one of his boots. The wood was a little spongy, probably from spending who knows how long soaking in Monstro's digestive juices.

"Be careful. It's not terribly solid."

--------------------
PM
^
Icefox
 Posted: Jan 10 2015, 02:11 PM
Powerful

N/A

"I haven't had a proper day off in about three years. When I'm sailing, I'm looking for pirates or making sure we don't hit an iceberg. When I'm on shore, I'm either relaxing as hard as I can or hunting down someone so I can beat the tar out of them, and probably half the city around them. Not much time for hobbies out at sea." Prisma slung her legs over the side of the glider and, with a practiced ease, kicked off away from it to where she could see the boards had what she hoped was enough consistency to hold her. One of the perks of constantly maintaining a ship was knowing what rotted wood looked like when you saw it, and she landed solidly but didn't break through.

"You want cargo hold or captain's quarters?"

--------------------
Captain Natalie Prisma
Dutchess "Dovi" Prisma
Selina Williams
Jane Doe
PM
^
Wahnsinniger
 Posted: Jan 10 2015, 02:20 PM
Powerful

N/A

"Why split up in the first place? If you get mobbed by Shadows you'll want me handy. If this barge is hiding a crew of zombie pirates somewhere belowdecks, I'm going to want you in my back pocket. Besides, odds are we won't find anything but trouble, so lead on. Captain Prisma." Ethan said, gingerly dismounting the glider and sending it off. He made his way over to where Prisma was standing at about the time he finished his commentary, poking her in the ribs with a grin when he arrived.

"I've got no idea where a sailor might hide stuff on his ship and I get the feeling that if I start tearing things up looking around, the whole boat is going to fall apart like a wet cardboard box. That makes you the expert here. If you see anything that's clearly unnatural, then it'll be my problem."

--------------------
PM
^
Icefox
 Posted: Jan 10 2015, 02:37 PM
Powerful

N/A

Prisma smiled and, after trying the door to below deck, kicked the crapped-out lock out of the frame with more of a squish than a splinter. It took a second to realize the hinge didn't actually open inward, but she didn't think anyone would really be complaining. Hell, it was pretty unlikely anyone was in there at all, let alone worried about the woodwork.

"Captain's quarters it is, then. If they were trying to move anything valuable, he would keep it with his own equipment in the most guarded part of the ship. C'mon."

--------------------
Captain Natalie Prisma
Dutchess "Dovi" Prisma
Selina Williams
Jane Doe
PM
^
Wahnsinniger
 Posted: Jan 10 2015, 02:50 PM
Powerful

N/A

Ethan winced when Prisma applied her boot to the door, making the wall it had been mounted to shudder alarmingly, but followed her into the Captain's Quarters anyway. It was clear at first glance that it had been quite beautiful, once upon a time. A large desk made of fine mahogany, ruined by the humidity. An opulent four-posted bed, covered with slimy mold. Tapestries that had once been glorious, now filthy.

There were two large cabinets in the back of the room, barred and locked securely. The iron of the bars was rusted and pitted, and the wood of the doors themselves was sodden and warped, but the cabinets looked to be in decent repair. Between them sat a large chest, oddly pristine when compared to its surroundings. In fact, it looked untouched; the only clue as to why was the thin drizzle of smoke curling up from its edges, where it met the floor. The encroaching rot burned away where it touched the chest.

"Nice digs. Well, nice for a place that looks like something that got left in the back of the fridge." Ethan said, slipping past Prisma to poke around the room a bit. "Looks like this guy wasn't Navy. Too many trinkets and baubles all over the place."

He poked at a golden, gem-encrusted globe on a shelf near the bed. It rotated slightly with a quiet squeak.

"Pirates or merchants?"

--------------------
PM
^
Icefox
 Posted: Jan 10 2015, 02:55 PM
Powerful

N/A

Looking around, the chest was really the only thing that Prisma could properly focus on. Everything else was like with like, but it was just too out of place to be totally normal. Of course, if it had enough built up energy to keep the mold burned away for untold years, she didn't want to touch it with her bare skin. She'd rather not be burned to a crisp, thanks.

"My money's on merchants. The bars on the cabinets, pirates don't bother with that kind of security." She picked up an old sword well ruined for actual fighting by the years of disuse and rust and poked the lock on the chest, waiting to see if it was going to explode on them.

--------------------
Captain Natalie Prisma
Dutchess "Dovi" Prisma
Selina Williams
Jane Doe
PM
^
Wahnsinniger
 Posted: Jan 10 2015, 03:19 PM
Powerful

N/A

The tip of the sword disappeared in a flash of brilliant blue light, accompanied by a sharp crack and a curl of smoke that smelled strongly of ozone.

Ethan started at the report and whirled around, Key and shield at the ready. When he didn't spot any crazed hermits armed with tesla cannons, he relaxed and eyed the cherry-red stump where the tip of the sword used to be.

"What did you do, throw a lightning bolt at it to see what would happen?"

--------------------
PM
^
Icefox
 Posted: Jan 10 2015, 03:50 PM
Powerful

N/A

"No, I poked it and it threw a lightning bolt at me. You wanna poke it with your keysword thing?" Prisma tossed the even more ruined blade aside and stepped back, looking around for anything else of value. Maybe inside the cabinets, but honestly, this was a much more interesting puzzle. How to open the evil chest, and what could deserve that much protection? However, that thought was cut short suddenly by a sudden thumping noise down below them. Prisma settled into a fighting stance and stepped up next to the door, waiting for the sound to repeat itself.

"You do what you do, I'll cover your back."

--------------------
Captain Natalie Prisma
Dutchess "Dovi" Prisma
Selina Williams
Jane Doe
PM
^
Wahnsinniger
 Posted: Jan 10 2015, 04:03 PM
Powerful

N/A

"Peachy fucking keen. God damn motherfucking bullshit ass adventure where nothing ever goes smoothly, ever-" Ethan grumbled, coming over and tapping the Keyblade against the chest's lid. For most boxes, that would be plenty to have them spring right open, pretty as a picture. This one spat more lighting and made the tip of the Keyblade bounce back violently.

"- not even one cocksucking time-" he smacked it again, with a little more force. The flash of sparks was larger, but the Key didn't recoil as strongly. Alright.

"And now here I am, in some PIECE OF SHIT HELLHOLE WITH GOD KNOWS WHAT CRAWLING AROUND DOWNSTAIRS AND THIS FUCKING BOOOOX-" Seizing the Keyblade with both hands, Ethan started wailing on the lid of the chest like it had insulted his mother's honor, sending a storm of lightning crackling around. Arcs crawled up the blade of the Key and leaped between it and the chest freely as he hacked away at it, venting a good deal of pent up aggression and anxiety into the enchanted box.

With a ringing sound like the splintering of glass, the magic protecting the chest gave way. The Keyblade buried itself into the unprotected wood, pounding the locking mechanism into fragments on the way through.

Ethan stood there and panted for a moment before prying the lid open.

"What's in the fucking box, man?!"

--------------------
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
RPG-D || Teen Titans GO~ || The Games

Disclaimer: using the Split Lock skin by DoubleXXCross will not give you a suit of armour.
But even if it did, you can still very much get shot in the face.