photo the_inter.png

<% NEWS %>
Pages: (4) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

» Bizzare Space Whale Biology, Seriously, what the hell?
SaintAbsol
 Posted: Feb 15 2015, 10:19 PM
Experienced

N/A

Group: Members
Member No.: 10

drip...

drip...

drip...

dr-

SPLASH!

Calvin listened to the sound echo through the titanic whale's mouth. The constant dripping of... he wasn't even sure he wanted to know... had been getting on his nerves for some time now. The splash was a nice distraction from it, but it wouldn't last long. Just like the last time, and the time before that, and before that!

"AGH!" He screamed out in frustration, kicking at his gummi ship. All he was rewarded with was a sore foot and just another thing to be angry about. Cid had said the ship was designed for speed, and he'd been right so far. Once the impossibly huge beast had noticed his ship, Calvin had taken off as fast as he could in the opposite direction. All well and good, and he almost managed to get away too... had he not been attacked by several of the gummi space Nobodies.

His ship had survived -- mostly -- and the others had been shot down, however, Monstro was surprisingly fast for something so huge. By the time he'd managed to get moving again, the whale had swallowed him whole.

And now... he was stuck.

He could try and shoot; but, with his ship's weapons at a very awkward angle, and not being all that powerful to begin with, he couldn't really try to shoot his way out. And the whale's insides defied any and all anatomy known to man; he couldn't find a way to get the damned thing to spit him out without irritating his stomach like Sora had in the first game.

And, of course, he couldn't find it.

"I hate my fucking life!" His voice echoed through the cavernous maw, his voice his only company right now.
PM Email
^
Millie Sentinal
 Posted: Feb 15 2015, 10:49 PM
Sage

N/A

Group: Global Moderator
Member No.: 16

All that smooth sailing, after her 'good' deed of giving some one her money, she gets swallowed by a fricken space whale. Just her luck. Kantia climbed out off her ship it had turned sideways upon entering this things mouth, and she had tried getting out.

I hate my fucking life! She heard the echo, and jumped down from her sideways ship, making a small splash. She began walking in the general direction of the voice, her sword drawn. It was at the point that she was within 20 feet of the man- that she said something.

"Trapped... As well?" She asked, hoping that she was in fact close enough to be heard, she had also made a lot of splashing noises upon her approach so he was sure to notice.

--------------------
Millie Sentinal ()
Kantia Rose (Quiet shy girl, that can forge weapons out of the hearts of her allies.)
Sakuya Izayoi (The Perfect and Elegant Maid of the Scarlet Mansion.)
Exsila (Heartless of Alexis Sentinal, and controls a few Heartless.)
Jacob Signar
Xia
PM
^
Natalie Emu
 Posted: Feb 15 2015, 10:56 PM
Experienced

N/A

Member No.: 60

Natalie was rudely awoken from her taco dream by N8's frustrated noises. She got up with a start. "The hell?" She exited the Gummi ship. " Where the hell is N8? Oh, this is just gross." she said, looking around. She walked around then saw a couple of people, one male the other female. "Hello. Where the hell are we and who are you two?" She was not very happy with the looks of this place and wanted out as soon as possible. She summoned her bow just as a precaution. "I don't mean to harm you with this, so don't kill me."

--------------------
Althena Enyo Redheaded gun girl.
Elissa Mauna Sometimes even silence speaks.
Elizabeth Little vampire "child."
Mary Cowell Totally not a wizard, I swear.
Nathaniel King The idiot: Somehow, it's more of a challenge than a title.
Noel Valentine Oh, look. It's a squirrel.
Stephany Sazwaki The positive healer.
Xalie A heartless, or something.
PM
^
Aragonius
 Posted: Feb 15 2015, 11:09 PM
Veteran

N/A

Member No.: 50

"Concerned. Wait!" N8 shouted as he followed after Natalie. "Caution. I haven't had a chance to run a diagnostic of the the quality of the atmosphere or the PH balance of this...." shudders "Apparently flesh biome." It was then that he noticed the two other humans the girl was speaking to. "Relief. Well then at least it doesn't seem like this environment is immediately toxic to you organics."

Taking in Natalie's drawn weapon and registering her last words he added. "Diplomatic. There is no need for any of us to engage in hostilities. Besides killing my ward would not be a good idea..." The amber LEDs of his eyes shone brighter with that implied threat.

--------------------
Characters
(Robot "Wizard") | (Aspiring Archmage) | (Reluctant Mad Artificer)
(Incubus Inventor)

PM Email
^
SaintAbsol
 Posted: Feb 15 2015, 11:50 PM
Experienced

N/A

Calvin was getting better at his quick draws.

The second he'd heard someone else moving around, he'd brought up his own bow up and grabbed a handful of arrows in his draw hand; he'd had the arrow nocked and drawn in under a second, and he'd only spilled two extra arrows in the process.

He had three arrows in his hand, including the one ready to fire, and he was glancing back and forth between every stranger that had decided to speak up. Two already had weapons out, and one of them had a bow as well, that was going to make thing interesting. Of, of course, the final looked to be some sort of machine...

...joy.

He doubted one of his arrows could do all that much to that thing, barring one lucky shot, but he wasn't about to lower his weapon. A shot could at least slow it down, hopefully.

"Yeah, trapped." That was the first one taken care of, now for the second one. "And you just got eaten by a whale swimming in space. Because that's how things just work here. Now... put the weapons down, and no one gets hurt."
PM Email
^
Millie Sentinal
 Posted: Feb 15 2015, 11:59 PM
Sage

N/A

Kantia took several steps back when the man pulled out a bow and threaded an arrow... Rather quickly at that. She lowered her weapon, she still didn't have a very good place to put it, not having a sheath of any sort.

The girl looked at the other two that came out of a nearby ship... Great, more unknowns... "H-how to get out?" She asked quietly, this was far too many people... "D-don't want to... fight..." Kantia said, daring to get just a tiny bit closer.

--------------------
Millie Sentinal ()
Kantia Rose (Quiet shy girl, that can forge weapons out of the hearts of her allies.)
Jacob Signar
Xia
PM
^
Natalie Emu
 Posted: Feb 16 2015, 12:11 AM
Experienced

N/A

Natalie lowered her bow. "I trust you'll lower your weapon as well." She said. "I'm Natalie." She looked at Calvin, then Kantia. "Yay!" She had randomly jumped for joy. "More humans! No offense N8, you are friendly and all but I get the feeling that you really don't like me, or anything organic."

She ran over and hugged Kantia. "I didn't know you where here too! How have you been?" Natalie let go and stepped back a bit. "Wait... Wrong person... I don't know you... Well then, sorry about that." Natalie looked at the ground and walked away, very embarrassed and kinda sad that it wasn't her friend that was here.

--------------------
PM
^
Aragonius
 Posted: Feb 16 2015, 12:38 AM
Veteran

N/A

N8 was slightly taken aback by the implication that he didn't like organics. Of course he liked organics. Sure they were quite baffling at times, yet they could also be quite amusing. Having a human around was interesting even if they could be a bit messy at times what with their fluids and biological processes. "Concerned. I don't dislike you... I just don't quite comprehend you... I find you organics quite fascinating..." N8 said a bit sadly.

Then seeing that the two females had lowered their weapons N8 turned his gaze to the male. "Inquiry. Well then has the tension been diffused? Will you lower your weapon? I'd rather not have to fight you human. I just want to be out of this wet disgusting and squishy place as soon as possible." N8 hated flesh biomes. Disgust. Gah these fluids are going to cling to my chassis. he thought to himself as he went on to say "Declaration. While I would rather not fight I have taken on an obligation to deliver the pink haired adolescent to safety. Therefore I will engage you in combat if you make any moves to harm her. So what will it be?" He had already tucked away his rod, as such the man was the only one with a weapon drawn. N8 doubted a primitive bow would be able to pierce his chassis however. His concern though was that Natalie's hide was nowhere near as resilient.

--------------------
Characters
(Incubus Inventor)

PM Email
^
SaintAbsol
 Posted: Feb 16 2015, 01:04 AM
Experienced

N/A

Calvin held his draw for a moment or two longer, keeping his gaze locked on the machine the longest. In the end, however, he did lower his weapon and slowly release the string's tension. He wasn't ready to fight right now, not until he had a greater advantage than he had right now anyway. But he kept his arrows in his draw hand, ready to nock and fire at a moment's notice; if there was one thing he'd learned since coming here, you didn't let yourself be unprepared for a fight.

"Don't we all?" He figured that they wouldn't have time to quickly attack, so he risked a glance back at the whale's teeth. "Wish I knew how." He turned back to the others just as quickly. "Unless you know a way to make this thing spit us and the ships out, we're stuck here.
PM Email
^
Millie Sentinal
 Posted: Feb 16 2015, 01:26 AM
Sage

N/A

She was hugged... That was it, she was hugged, her mind literally shut down for a few short seconds. She then slowly unfroze from her shock. She didn't know this person so why did she- oh they thought she was some one else...

Kantia backed up again, away from Natalie. She looked at the others again, her gaze staying on Calvin for a short time, then to N8... It was a robot? did she take a right guess? She inherently did not trust it. She was on guard, these people were new, and they all had an advantage over her. Kantia did not like standing where she was, and thus climbed atop a nearby peace of wood, that seemed to belong to a ship that was destroyed, as there was debris scattered everywhere.

"Annoying." This was said to no one in particular, and could have easily just meant the situation, or people.

--------------------
Millie Sentinal ()
Jacob Signar
Xia
PM
^
Natalie Emu
 Posted: Feb 16 2015, 01:35 AM
Experienced

N/A

Natalie looked around. "So we are stuck here? Why can't I just go to some place safe damnit! Well then, I hope we can all not kill each other, at the very least." Natalie scanned the new people, looking to see if either of them could be pickpocketed. She saw no opportunity from either of them. "So then, I wonder if there are valuable things around here... Shiny things are nice. I like shiny things." Natalie then began looking at piles of rubble from destroyed ships. She saw nothing on near the top or sticking out. "We could try shooting the insides of this thing to get it to let us out." She suggested.

--------------------
PM
^
Aragonius
 Posted: Feb 16 2015, 01:52 AM
Veteran

N/A

"Agreement. If we irritate the beast enough it might expel us. Alternatively perhaps we could conceivably burrow our way out through it's flesh akin to the parasitic mites you organics are occasionally infested with?" N8 chimed in. He wanted out of this beast as fast as possible. His olfactory senors were giving him all together way too much information. He began filtering out any readings for identified substances that weren't lethal to organics or potential environmental hazards. The less he had to smell of this thing's metabolism the better. His auditory sensors were also picking up every revolting squelch and quiver of the creature's biology although he felt it would be unwise to mute this aspect of his perception.

--------------------
Characters
(Incubus Inventor)

PM Email
^
SaintAbsol
 Posted: Feb 16 2015, 03:23 AM
Experienced

N/A

He felt his grip on his bow tighten and could already feel the beginnings of a migraine coming on; he resolved to not let the bow girl out of his sights, lest he lose any of his synthesis items. And the Machine was already on thin ice with his ludicrous suggestions.

"You think I haven't tried that? This damn thing's insides are too thick to feel much of anything we do; and I don't know how to actually get to any place that I could use to irritate it. Damn thing's a maze down there." He gestured toward the back of the whale's maw, where what could only be assumed to be the throat gaped open like a cave. "I spent nearly an hour wandering around before I finally gave up." He kicked a loose piece of wood, watching it splash into the water, then sighed. "I don't even know how long it's been since the bastard swallowed me at this point."

A chuckle echoed through the maw, causing Calvin to blink and glance around him. "Don't tell me there's someone else in here too?"

"There's always someone else around." A figure, mostly hidden in shadow thanks to the darkness of the maw, stepped out of the opening to the creature's throat. "You just never know how to look."

Calvin scowled, squinting through the shadows to try and see anything about the stranger. "Yes, yes; we're all impressed by you pretending to be deep. Now, care to make sense?"

"You all want out of here, right?"

Calvin rolled his eyes. "Yes, and we've established that-"

"I know how to get out." The figure chuckled again as Calvin's eyes widened in shock. "Oh, yes, I am being entirely serious. I'll even tell you how."

It was almost too good to be true; and, in Calvin's experience, that was usually the case. "What's the catch?"

The figure chuckled. "Simple: catch me." It turned, and disappeared back into the monster whale's insides.

Calvin glanced around at the others trapped in the same 'boat' as him. "Well? Am I the only one desperate enough to try this?"
PM Email
^
Millie Sentinal
 Posted: Feb 16 2015, 09:22 AM
Sage

N/A

Kantia turned around very quickly when she heard that chuckle. She simply listened to the exchange between... The figure and the guy she didn't know the name of. The only people to reveal their names had been the girl; Natalie, and the robot; N8. She wasn't going to do so.

When the man asked if he was the only person desperate enough to chase after the figure. She found herself shaking her head and standing up. She reiterated her words. "Annoying." This was definitely about the situation.

"Maze... possibly knows whole area..." Kantia said at length, it was most likely obvious to everyone else, she didn't care. "Catching... not going to be easy."

--------------------
Millie Sentinal ()
Jacob Signar
Xia
PM
^
Natalie Emu
 Posted: Feb 16 2015, 07:36 PM
Experienced

N/A

Natalie didn't waste time to think of anything else after she heard the exchanging of words. She ran after the figure. "I'm gonna capture that bastard and we'll get out of here!" She stopped dead in her tracks. "Yeah, I think I'll run behind you all. I'll cause less trouble that way." She said this simply because if there was trouble, she didn't want to be the first to know.

--------------------
PM
^
Aragonius
 Posted: Feb 17 2015, 12:49 AM
Veteran

N/A

Hesitated to chase after the voice."Caution. I doubt the figure we are chasing has benevolent intentions. It is likely we are being led into a trap or otherwise dangerous situation." Having said this however N8 pulled out his rod and wand. He highly doubted the organics would be sensible enough not to engage in this foolhardy pursuit after all. "Query. Do any of you even have any idea of what this entity we are chasing might be? It might very well be a heartless. I've heard that some of them are capable of displaying sapient thought and action such as speech."

N8 began scanning the relative densities of the surrounding tissues. The human male had claimed they were too thick for him to penetrate. Consideration. Perhaps they were with the tools he had at hand, but I have magic! The robot mage was noting that it didn't seem like the beast's flesh would put up much resistance to his rod's matter manipulating magic. Even with the most durable portions of tissue, disintegrating the flesh would only be a matter of time. Frustration. Alas I'm unlikely to get any time if we engage in this pursuit.

--------------------
Characters
(Incubus Inventor)

PM Email
^
SaintAbsol
 Posted: Feb 17 2015, 01:43 AM
Experienced

N/A

"At this point, I'm willing to take my chances. Just standing around here isn't going to do us any good." As much as he hated to admit it, the damned machine had a point. The Heartless were an ever-present threat, and humanoid ones had happened at least once in the games; to say nothing of the thirteen humanoid Nobodies that had semi-existed for a while.

However, as he'd implied, he was desperate enough that he would take the risk. If nothing else, he would have a chance to eliminate a potentially major threat.

As such, he started after their would-be quarry; Monstro's insides were a maze even in the game, and were even more confusing in reality. He didn't want to give whoever or whatever the hell this thing was too much of a head start.
PM Email
^
Millie Sentinal
 Posted: Feb 17 2015, 02:07 AM
Sage

N/A

Kantia followed, a fair distance from anyone really, she didn't trust them. Why did it want them to chase them... Ugh, something was off, she couldn't entirely tell what it was other than maybe being a trap. But she was desperate to get out as well.

She grumbled to herself, mostly about the horrid smell of the area, and the fact that they had to chase after the only thing that could get them out.

The girl kicked a random piece of driftwood in her grumblings, surprising herself that is actually lifting off the ground and flew a few feet just to the side of Calvin. She said nothing, mostly because it didn't even touch the man.

--------------------
Millie Sentinal ()
Jacob Signar
Xia
PM
^
Natalie Emu
 Posted: Feb 17 2015, 03:24 PM
Experienced

N/A

"Whatever we are gonna do, lets do it already!" Natalie wanted out of this whale as fast as possible. She was hungry and wouldn't go back to the ship to try to get the food she stockpiled. She was determined not to be left behind. "I'm pretty sure we have lost track of the thing anyway, unless N8 can by some miracle scan for the thing, we better start finding it fast."

--------------------
PM
^
Aragonius
 Posted: Feb 17 2015, 04:20 PM
Veteran

N/A

"Statement. My sensors aren't that powerful, so time is indeed of the essence if we intend to make chase. I however don't believe we should pursue this thing. If we do we should brace ourselves for a fight but I still believe that digging our way out or harming/ irritating this beast enough that it tries to expel us is our best bet for getting out quickly." N8 said as he raised his rod. Addressing Calvin he added. "Observation. This beast's tissue might have been too much for you but penetrate but they are within my means if given time. If sufficiently aggrieved the creature will want us out of it's body just as badly or even more so than we want to be out of it. Another possibility on that front is to ignite some of the flammable wreckage that surrounds us, if the raging fire fails to burn the beast then perhaps at least the smoke inhalation should be disagreeable to it's biology." N8 noted smoke would also be a problem for his organic companions as well but retreating into one of their gummi ships would take care of that.

"Assessment. So the question is are there any potential significant gains beyond mere escape for pursuing this entity? If it turns out to be malicious are we well armed well enough to dispatch it? This is a cost risk assessment that must be made quickly. I am voting against pursuit but I shall defer to the collective consensus." The robot wizard concluded.

--------------------
Characters
(Incubus Inventor)

PM Email
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (4) 1 2 3 ... Last »
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
RPG-D || Teen Titans GO~ || The Games

Disclaimer: using the Split Lock skin by DoubleXXCross will not give you a suit of armour.
But even if it did, you can still very much get shot in the face.