photo the_inter.png

<% NEWS %>
Pages: (4) 1 2 3 4  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

» Bizzare Space Whale Biology, Seriously, what the hell?
SaintAbsol
 Posted: Feb 20 2015, 02:09 PM
Experienced

N/A

Group: Members
Member No.: 10

Now a good distance into the whale's insides, Calvin was forced to pause and regard the machine once more. As much as he hated, absolutely hated, to admit, the damned thing was making sense right now.

However, before he could say anything on the matter, the stranger they were meant to be chasing spoke up.

"You might find travel a bit more difficult than you're used to," he spoke. His voice seemed to just come from about four or five different directions, thanks to the warped acoustics of Monstro's insides. "While the four of you were busy arguing with each other, I took the liberty of removing the Nav-gummies from your ships." He chuckled. "You are welcome to still true, by all means. Maybe you'll get lucky and find a work sometime this decade."

Calvin tightened his grip on the bow, then looked at the machine again. "Any other bright ideas, Tinman?"
PM Email
^
Millie Sentinal
 Posted: Feb 20 2015, 03:06 PM
Sage

N/A

Group: Global Moderator
Member No.: 16

Kantia -very loudly- growled at the voice, her frustration evident. This was just getting more and more annoying for her. "No use arguing, Archer..."She said looking straight at him. "Find voice, get out, be rid unwanted company." She pointed at each of them when she said 'unwanted' one for each syllable. She didn't like them, nor did she trust them, but they were allies by circumstances so might as work together for the short while they had too.

"Faster find, faster escape." Kantia said after a small pause.

--------------------
Millie Sentinal ()
Kantia Rose (Quiet shy girl, that can forge weapons out of the hearts of her allies.)
Sakuya Izayoi (The Perfect and Elegant Maid of the Scarlet Mansion.)
Exsila (Heartless of Alexis Sentinal, and controls a few Heartless.)
Jacob Signar
Xia
PM
^
Natalie Emu
 Posted: Feb 20 2015, 07:02 PM
Experienced

N/A

Member No.: 60

Natalie was strangely quiet. She was very hungry. She didn't want to speak because she was so hungry, or she thought she was hungry at least. She was just greedy. She spoke. "Hey, umm... what is your name?" She spoke to Kantia. As soon as she started speaking, it was as if she flipped a switch. "Meh, who needs names. I want to be your friend. Can I be your friend? I don't have many friends here. I need friends. I can't fight well so, I'll try anyway. Do you know anyone else? Interferences I mean." After speaking, Natalie got distracted quite fast. "Ooh... Shiny. Wait. Nope, I'm just seeing things. Aww, I like shiny things."

--------------------
Althena Enyo Redheaded gun girl.
Elissa Mauna Sometimes even silence speaks.
Elizabeth Little vampire "child."
Mary Cowell Totally not a wizard, I swear.
Nathaniel King The idiot: Somehow, it's more of a challenge than a title.
Noel Valentine Oh, look. It's a squirrel.
Stephany Sazwaki The positive healer.
Xalie A heartless, or something.
PM
^
Aragonius
 Posted: Feb 20 2015, 11:13 PM
Veteran

N/A

Member No.: 50

N8 regarded the growling human and muttered. "Assessment. Why you are quite a disagreeable organic aren't you..." Why Natalie was so interested in befriending this particular one momentarily puzzled him. Consideration. Perhaps it's because they are juveniles of similar age? he then briefly pondered before he tuned out Natalie's erratic behavior. He had come to accept it as her normal baseline of operation. As such he turned his attention back to the male human and said. "Resignation. Very well then let's chase after the mysterious stranger into unknown terrain." This was said in a resentful synthesized tone however.

"Wrathful. This being has drawn my ire with this theft. It will suffer for every extra moment of time that this pursuit is going to force me to spend within the sickening organic confines of this beast's innards." The robot mage's amber lit eyes, menacingly shone brighter as he made this statement and followed it with another declaration. "Resolution. If he is indeed a heartless, or nobody then he shall burn..." He then dialed up the setting of his wand's intensity as he got ready to make chase.

"Statement. We need to catch up quickly if we are to have any hope of ever apprehending this entity. The sooner we deal with this ,the sooner we can get out of here and go our separate ways so please try to make haste within the limits of your biological capabilities." N8 then said as he set off in pursuit at a pace he hoped the humans could match. Calling back to his erratic ward he added. "Reminder. Natalie there are shiny things and food at Radiant Garden so let's try and get out of this flesh biome as fast as possible."

--------------------
Characters
(Robot "Wizard") | (Aspiring Archmage) | (Reluctant Mad Artificer)
(Incubus Inventor)

PM Email
^
SaintAbsol
 Posted: Mar 1 2015, 10:59 PM
Experienced

N/A

For a moment, Calvin was honestly afraid his bow was going to snap if he kept putting so much pressure on it. The machine was bad enough, they always were, but the two girls just made it all worse; he had almost thought it impossible that people could be that annoying. But, then again, the universe just had a love affair with proving him wrong.

However, he held his tongue for just a moment longer. He just had to put up with them long enough to find the damned guy in the cloak and he would never have to deal with any of them again. To that end, he started off again.

However, much to his continued frustration, Monstro's insides were still every bit as confusing they always had been; it was helped by virtually every room being practically identical to each other, with multiple paths through them. And the damned thing taunting them at each turn.

"I must say, having heard so much about you Interferences, I was expecting something... more."

Calvin tightened his grip on his bow yet again, practically shaking in rage by this point.

"And you have quite the temper on you, don't you, Archer? You'd think you'd have done something about it by now."

He gritted his teeth once more, just barely holding back comments. Trying to get under his skin was pretty standard 'villain' fare, and responding wouldn't help.

"Then again... who can really blame you? After all; one of you can barely speak in complete sentences, one of you is more concerned about her own gain than the fact she's trapped in a giant whale. And, of course, one is a machine; it's probably going to kill you when you're not any use to it anymore."
PM Email
^
Millie Sentinal
 Posted: Mar 1 2015, 11:23 PM
Sage

N/A

She turned on Natalie. "Shut up, I do not wish to be friends with you, and I talk like that because. I. Don't. Like. To. Talk." That last bit was aimed at the disembodied voice. She sighed heavily, trying to calm down, being angry and annoyed would not help matters.

She looked to the others, she had taken notes on the personality of the two humans, one completely oblivious. The other, she could tell was both annoyed and angry.

She was looking around that the multiple exits of the room... " Can't tell where the voice is coming from..." This annoyed her greatly, if she could just tell where it was coming from...

--------------------
Millie Sentinal ()
Kantia Rose (Quiet shy girl, that can forge weapons out of the hearts of her allies.)
Jacob Signar
Xia
PM
^
Natalie Emu
 Posted: Mar 2 2015, 07:00 PM
Experienced

N/A

"Shut up you disembodied shit." Natalie spat in anger. Natalie was angry at the fact that she was stuck in a giant whale and even more so at the voice for existing. Having her friendship rejected also played a role in her anger. After speaking, Natalie calmed down quite quickly.

"So, are you sure you won't be my friend? I mean, I understand if you really don't, but being friends with a person that you are stuck in a giant whale with will help with us all not killing each other." Natalie simply didn't know when to quit.

--------------------
PM
^
Aragonius
 Posted: Mar 2 2015, 09:49 PM
Veteran

N/A

N8 took offense to the voice's words. "Objection. The archer is already useless to me as are the other humans... If anything Natalie is sort of a burden although one I'm voluntarily bearing. You can all rest assured that your utility to me is certainly not the deciding factor when it comes to deciding to kill you or not. You can take even more solace in the fact that the more important variables weighing in your favor in terms of me not considered you for termination are that 1: you are sapient beings, 2: you are not currently classified as dangerous enough scourges to warrant ignoring 1, and 3: You are not currently actively attempting to kill me and thus do not currently warrant a self defense override on points 1 or 2."

The robot wizard then added. "Statement. In the same vein however, if this mysterious thief turns out to be a heartless or any similar class of creature then he/she will fall squarely within the category of a scourge warranting extermination. One that that I will be most glad to eliminate given that it is actively prolonging my stay in this horrid flesh biome." Having said this he scanned his surroundings as he rushed along, following fading traces of recent passage. Concern. I hope this voice doesn't turn out to be a sapient entity that I can't ethically vent my frustrations on...

--------------------
Characters
(Incubus Inventor)

PM Email
^
SaintAbsol
 Posted: Mar 4 2015, 02:01 PM
Experienced

N/A

Yeah, like those 'rules' are impossible to work around. Like most people who had been even a peripheral member of 'nerd' culture, Calvin was aware of Asimov's three laws of robotics. He was also very well aware that any machine capable of imitating life was easily capable of devising ways around all of them.

And that was just when they were functioning perfectly... which he was starting to doubt this one was.

For their part, the stranger only chuckled. "Is that the limit of your knowledge, Machine? Heartless and Nobodies? Haven't you figured out there are more in the worlds than just them yet?"

"So, that's not you then?"

The stranger chuckled again. "Oh, I am so much more than those mindless insects could ever hope to be. Though, they have their uses."

Calvin honestly felt the beginnings of a headache as the 'blorp's of several Heartless popped up around them.

A Search Ghost sighted him with its light, but he responded with an arrow into it's empty socket. Another arrow was fired at an Air Soldier, taking it out the fray for good, then a second followed a moment later to finish off the Search Ghost.

However, before he could start firing at the few Green Requiems, some of the pieces of shipwreck Monstro had swallowed shook. His eyes widened, and he grabbed five more arrows from his quiver. He fired at a barrel, just before large spider legs burst from the side and a hole cracked open to reveal a single eye.

His arrow hit true, yes, but all it hit was wood. The barrel, for what it was, served as fairly decent armor. More to the point, though he managed to get off another quick shot to hit one of the thing's legs, a Large Body barreled through on one of its charges. Calvin was knocked off his feet, landing on the fleshy 'ground' and spilling a few of his arrows. He was able to grab most of them, and get away before the Barrel Spider could charge him and explode, even managed to get a few shots at the Large Body's back in retaliation.

It wouldn't stick, though, not with the Requiems still around. Someone needed to get rid of them, and he was a bit busy at the moment.
PM Email
^
Millie Sentinal
 Posted: Mar 4 2015, 02:46 PM
Sage

N/A

Kantia was moving as soon as she heard the sound of the tell tale warping of reality. Holding her shortsword in her left hand, she went to the Large body's vulnerable back. An upward vertical slash, a horizontal cut, and a stab. It wasn't destroyed, because of the requiems healing magic taking effect. It turned around it's natural stomach shield made her next attack bounce back. Kantia stumbled, and rolled away from the large body, not wanting to be in line of the next charge.

"Natalie, aim for green things!" She shouted, switching her blade to her right and and in a reverse grip. The Large body was the only ground Heartless, and that was busy charging in a random direction, so she had to wait for an opening.

--------------------
Millie Sentinal ()
Jacob Signar
Xia
PM
^
Natalie Emu
 Posted: Mar 4 2015, 06:04 PM
Experienced

N/A

"Green things. Got it." Natalie summoned her bow and took aim. She fired a shot and missed. She readied another arrow and hit this time, but it didn't appear to do much damage. "One arrow doesn't do it, I'll shoot more than one arrow." Natalie readied three arrows and one hit, this time though it appeared to hurt the creature more than the last time.

--------------------
PM
^
Aragonius
 Posted: Mar 4 2015, 07:13 PM
Veteran

N/A

N8 locked on to the green floating heartless and raised his wand. "Declaration.... EXTERMINATE!" A powerful beam of light amplified by stimulated emissions of radiant mana lanced forth. It burned a hole clean through the requiem. The shadowy substance of it's body seemingly evaporating in the face of the searing light that had pierced it's form and gone on to strike the fleshy wall behind it. The robot mage cut off his pulse of searing magic hoping that it had been enough to eliminate that heartless as he then began to take aim at the next healer. Blasts that powerful are a bit taxing on my mana reserves I'm not sure how many shots I can manage before I need to eat more cake... He pondered.

Using his his matter rod to generate defensive ramparts would be a much less taxing endeavor manawise but he didn't want to expend any material resources that he wouldn't likely have the time to recollect afterwards.

--------------------
Characters
(Incubus Inventor)

PM Email
^
SaintAbsol
 Posted: Mar 5 2015, 12:03 PM
Experienced

N/A

So the machine liked to quote Deleks... Calvin was rapidly gaining more and more reasons to not like or trust it.

He jumped back from another Barrel Spider as it tried to charge him, firing two arrows in rapid succession. The both hit the barrel, but the momentum was enough to keep it from continuing its charge. A third one crippled it, sticking in the creature's leg and bringing it down for the moment.

Calvin took that moment, and sighted more of the Requiems, shooting off three arrows, even if he only scored two hits. It was enough, however, to take out the much weaker Heartless and mean they didn't have to deal with them healing their fellows.

Another Search Ghost tried to slice at him, but he managed to jump back just in time. An arrow sailed clean through the thing's skull-like head and actually managed to stick a Shadow as it pulled itself off the ground. Not that either hit was fatal, but it did weaken the Search Ghost enough that all Calvin had to do was grab its loose eye and yank to finish it off.

Taking a moment to reload, Calvin took note of that arrow he'd grabbed, and managed to smirk. He sighted the Large Body as fast as he could, and fired off a shot just before he was tackled by an Air Soldier.

The arrow didn't have far to go, but it did its job. Halfway there, the arrow all but evaporated into a ball of condensed kinetic energy. Then, at impact, a shock wave centered on the Large Body exploded outward. It wasn't enough to kill the larger Heartless, but it did knock it onto it's back, and several others. Even Calvin grunted, thanks to the close quarters, but he would live.

Especially since he managed to get off another shot and impale the Air Soldier that had kicked him.
PM Email
^
Millie Sentinal
 Posted: Mar 5 2015, 08:15 PM
Sage

N/A

Kantia looked to regard the robot... She knew of Deleks, not much about them but knew of them. The power that he displayed was, one reason not to trust it entirely. She went after the downed Large Body. She spun once, using the force of her spin to whack the Large Body into the air with her blade. When it came down once again, she stabbed it's side, holding the blade in there for a good few seconds until it dispersed into nothingness.

She moved back, looking at the unfolding battle around her. This of course turned her away from an approaching Air Soldier. It cut her across her back, the pain shooting through her body, causing her to stumble forward. She turned, switch hands once again, stabbing it three times. She did not do well with pain, and this thing was paying dearly for making her feel pain. A forth time destroyed it.

--------------------
Millie Sentinal ()
Jacob Signar
Xia
PM
^
Natalie Emu
 Posted: Mar 9 2015, 02:43 PM
Experienced

N/A

Natalie stopped fighting for a second when the robot had quoted the Deleks. "Umm wha-" She stopped for a bit too long and was rewarded with a heartless slamming into her stomach, both angering and hurting her. She grabbed an arrow and tried to stab it, failing horribly. "Bad thingy! Bad!" She continued to try and stab the heartless while completely forgetting the rest of the fight.

--------------------
PM
^
Aragonius
 Posted: Mar 9 2015, 04:01 PM
Veteran

N/A

N8 quickly turned his attention to the heartless that had attacked Natalie. He was comfortable letting the other humans fend for themselves for the most part but Natalie was currently his responsibility if albeit a self appointed one. "Imperative. Do not harm my ward!" As his synthesizer uttered this he was flushed with feelings akin to pet owner seeing their cat being attacked by a stray dog. He trained his wand on the shadowy creature and fired a more refined mana ray than the last given that he didn't want to harm his human companion.

The robot mage as such tuned his spell's settings to reduce the diameter of the emitted beam. To compensate for this reduction in power he tried focusing the photonic mana towards the higher end of the radiant spectrum. The previously white beam appeared to fade from existence to human eyes as it stopped producing light in the human visible spectrum. To Nate however it blazed brightly in an eldritch blend of the colors ultraviolet, X-Ray, and gamma. The thinner now modified beam managed to burn and cut into the heartless's flesh just as easily, Nate was also pleased to note that it was less draining than his previous full spectrum blasts.

The invisible ray cut into the shadowy thing from the side and penetrated it's body at an angle N8 had calculated not to intersect with Natalie's form. Now able to sustain the ray for longer than a short burst he passed it through the creature, carving his way through it's umbral flesh like a hot knife through butter. After shearing through as much as he could without also hitting the pink haired girl he then careful swept his beam across the room. Even though this setting was more efficient N8 was yet again forced to dial down the intensity to conserve on mana costs as he did he best to have his laser intersect every non human being in the room at least once before he ran out of charge.

The results of this action were soon evident, given that most of the low level heartless soon died in the wake of his laser. The higher ranked shadow beings however managed to survive save for those who had already previously taken damage from his allies actions. The remaining few relatively powerful heartless however didn't look like they would be able to stand up to much more given that all the requiems were now gone. "Inquiry. Are you ok Natalie?" He then asked as he eyed the remaining heartless, his wand glowing hotly in his hand.

Consideration. Hmm that setting might not be good for the spell components.... I should probably let them cool down before further use. My mana is also fairly depleted. he then noted as he also suppressed the urge to emit an electronic chuckle at the thought. Wizard needs food badly. which was now also crossing his digital mind despite his still present concern for Natalie's well being.

--------------------
Characters
(Incubus Inventor)

PM Email
^
SaintAbsol
 Posted: Mar 11 2015, 05:03 PM
Experienced

N/A

Okay... that wasn't the best use of their time, but things were looking better.

The machine had done... something, and that had cleared out the majority of the Heartless that hadn't been at full health in one shot. Some arrows from Calvin found a couple of the remainders, and he was already starting to search the ground for any crystals they may have dropped. Mostly shards similar to the Bright Crystal that had started his little quest, though there was a different one that he would have the moogles examine later.

He was also finding several potions and hi-potions, most of which he was quick to pocket. He had no healing magic, or any magic at all really, but he hoarded the bitter liquids like they were made of gold; it was the only way he had to survive.

"Hey, quiet girl." He tossed one of the bottles to the less annoying of the two, since the machine was busy fussing over the more minor wounds of the other one. Claws to the back had to hurt, and likely would make whatever came next even harder. "Heal up."

"Hmm... interesting; very interesting." That damnable voice was back, chuckling slightly. "I see there is something to rumors about your kind after all."
PM Email
^
Millie Sentinal
 Posted: Mar 11 2015, 05:18 PM
Sage

N/A

She caught the bottle and looked at it, this was the first time she saw one of these... Heal up. Oh a potion... Kantia drank from the bottle, the wounds on her back closing slowly. "Kantia..." She preferred to be called her name than 'quiet girl' plus he earned her trust, partially

The voice returned. "Our kind?" It slipped, she still didn't entirely understand the interference phenomenon and hadn't asked that much. She looked to the robot... She could tell Natalie wasn't hurt badly and the robot was much stronger than she had realized.

She stepped closer to the archer, not wanting to be close to the robot or the annoying human.

--------------------
Millie Sentinal ()
Jacob Signar
Xia
PM
^
Natalie Emu
 Posted: Mar 11 2015, 06:42 PM
Experienced

N/A

"I could have killed it on my own!!!" Natalie complained. "But yeah, I'm fine. A few hits won't kill me." Natalie wasted her energy pointlessly stabbing at the Heartless and was (somehow) tired. She also wanted food. It sounded as if a wolf growled inside her stomach. "Anyone have food?" Natalie asked. She tried to pull off a completely innocent 'how can you say no to this face' look.

--------------------
PM
^
Aragonius
 Posted: Mar 11 2015, 07:25 PM
Veteran

N/A

"Relieved. The fact that you are unharmed is good. I shall try to keep your surprising resilience in mind for future reference. It's just that you humans, even among organics seem to be so squishy and vulnerable that I find myself worrying if I'll be able to deliver you the safety of Radiant Garden fully intact..." N8 said as he rummaged though his wizard sleeve to pull out two slices of cheesecake. "Statement. We don't have much time to spend eating but you can have some of this. Try to be quick about it." with that remark he handed over one of the slices. The rest he quickly shoved into his food intake port, his face-plate briefly sliding aside to reveal it. As soon as his chassis had resealed it's self his body began gastromechanicaly digesting the sugary confection.

N8 held up his matter manipulator and began siphoning up 1/2 of the munny and items strewn about the battlefield. He felt entitled to at least 1/4th and the rest he would probably split with Natalie. He however decided to put off actually sorting through the spoils until after they had gotten out of this sordid situation. Munny, shards, and potions were quickly sucked into his sleeves as if they were vacuum cleaners. Then turning his intention to Calvin and Kantia he said. "Query. Are you two ready to go? We still have a fugitive to pursue."

--------------------
Characters
(Incubus Inventor)

PM Email
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (4) 1 2 3 4 
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
RPG-D || Teen Titans GO~ || The Games

Disclaimer: using the Split Lock skin by DoubleXXCross will not give you a suit of armour.
But even if it did, you can still very much get shot in the face.