photo the_inter.png

<% NEWS %>
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

» Fortress Whale
DoubleXXCross
 Posted: Aug 17 2016, 10:08 AM
Experienced

N/A

Group: Resident Artist
Member No.: 2

Really, when they thought about it, and everything they'd seen so far, they had almost no right to have been surprised about what had just happened.

Still, it didn't stop Yugi from freaking out.

"Space whales. There are space whales."

Indeed there are, replied the Pharaoh dryly.

They were standing next to their slightly broken-down Gummi Ship. That they'd crashed on the first trip was, honestly, completely embarrassing.

Not that the problem had been the driving, mind - Yugi had actually taken to it very quickly upon being presented with what resembled an arcade machine's steering column. Nor had it been anything electronic. No buzzing or static from the comm screen, no glitching of the map.

It was just... that bizarre moment when a whale had appeared, startling both of them, and quite promptly swallowed them whole.

Or, at least, it'd swallowed them some, because they were standing in what was most assuredly a mouth, judging by the wall of huge (and unnervingly human-looking) teeth. The shipwrecks (traditional sea-faring ships, even, half-flooded with salt water) and the thin tunnels at the back suggested they weren't necessarily lucky, either, as much as they were just too large to process. Which sort of made sense, seeing as this was a whale.

Yugi was glancing around wide-eyed. "How does it breathe? How are we breathing?"

The Pharaoh stroked his chin. I don't think that's the question we need to be asking right now.

True. More importantly than how they were able to breathe inside the space whale...

How were they going to get outside the space whale...?

--------------------
Cat - the girl who leapt through meta / Sonic - the hedgehog chasing ghosts
Yugi - the boy who tempers darkness / Journals - the words remembered most
PM Email
^
Blaizokaran
 Posted: Aug 25 2016, 06:06 PM
Survivor

N/A

Group: Members
Member No.: 6

Suddenly, a loud crackling and tearing - almost like the universe was being torn open at two different ends - could be heard near Yugi, lasting only for a moment before Pierce was thrown unceremoniously from said sound's position and the noise stopped.

"Ow... Still not used to that..." Pierce slowly got up from his position, feeling a bit battered, but not bruised or broken. He quickly checked that his glasses were intact (they were) and that he still had his bag and cards (again, present and unharmed) before finally taking in his surroundings.

"...Monstro?" he muttered, voicing his thoughts aloud to himself. "Okay, that settles it, I gotta find someone to teach me how to control this shit. For all I know, if this whale hadn't been in this exact location before I Planeswalked, my head would have popped like a baloo-"

He stopped short as he spotted Yugi. Having been a fan of the card game and anime, of course Pierce recognized the King of Games on the spot. And similarly with Sonic, he seemed to completely shut down as his mind tried to process and accept what he was seeing. Thankfully, he was self-aware to notice when this was happening a second time and hit the skip button on that particular mental process.

"...Uh... Yugi Moto?" he asked, clearly not sure whether he was hallucinating.

--------------------
PM
^
DoubleXXCross
 Posted: Aug 26 2016, 04:51 PM
Experienced

N/A

It took Yugi half a second to start running to the stranger who had suddenly just appeared, and another half a second to realise that he'd just witnessed an honest-to-god teleportation. First space whales, and now teleportation.

Well, that was a bit erroneous. Space whales were themselves simply the most recent event of an already bizarre adventure; and, in all frankness, things had already been strange before all of this had begun. Magical artefacts and Pharaonic legacies were not the usual experience of a teenager, he was sure.

In fact, if he tried to give it the appropriate thought, he wasn't sure when his life had ever not been so weird.

Then again, you could attribute most of that weird to the Millennium Puzzle simply existing in his life as an object.

Still, Yugi ran forward, prepared to balance the stranger if they stumbled or fell back down-

-and then blinked as his name was said.

He knows who we are? asked the Pharaoh, putting the feeling into words.

"Those were cards, right…?" Yugi muttered lower than a whisper in response, staring wide-eyed at them.

A person with a deck of cards who knows who we are - could they be from…?

--------------------
PM Email
^
Blaizokaran
 Posted: Aug 26 2016, 05:13 PM
Survivor

N/A

"Uh- oh, yeah..." Pierce was stumbling a bit over himself, as once again, he was in front of what was basically a celebrity for all intents and purposes. But he pulled out his Library (the technical term for a MTG deck) and showed it to Yugi. "It's not Yugio- er, sorry, I mean Duel Monsters, but it is how I defend myself in these worlds. They're from a game called Magic: The Gathering." He let both halves of Yugi have their fill of observing the cards as he kept talking, hoping his social anxiety would calm the hell down.

"My name's Brent Pierce. Nice to meet you - the both of you, I mean...." He paused for a moment, considering what he was doing, then finally decided to screw subtlety and just come out with it. "Okay, how much about Interferences do you know so far?"

--------------------
PM
^
DoubleXXCross
 Posted: Aug 27 2016, 05:05 AM
Experienced

N/A

Actually, in what was honestly quite surprising a twist…

"…Inter…ferences?" he responded slowly.

This was far too much to process in a single moment already. This person wasn't carrying Duel Monsters cards, of which he clearly knew but had just tried to call something else, but a card game that Yugi had never seen or even heard of before, with which he apparently 'defended himself', whatever that meant; but he knew who he was-

'The both of you'? the Pharaoh echoed in surprise.

He knew who they both were. Knowing Yugi's name had been one thing - after all, Yugi was a recent celebrity in the Duel Monsters sphere, having defeated both the game's regional champions and its American creator in only the space of a year after his debut. It'd be odd to know Yugi if you weren't into the game, but given that he evidently played other card games, it could happen…

And, if there were a rumour that Yugi 'turned into another Yugi' when he duelled, that'd make sense. He had a competition persona. A lot of people did.

But knowing there was literally another Yugi? That was another story. One would either have to be one of Yugi's own friend group, or tightly embroiled in the Millennium Item conflict in order to know about the other Yugi. And for somebody who was not familiar, tied to the history of the Pharaoh's tomb, or the holder of a Millennium Item, this seemed more than just unlikely - it was downright impossible.

It was already happening, though. Even if he'd seemingly steered onto another topic like none of that had actually been worth anything.

"…Sorry, I don't know what you're talking about…" Yugi replied, unconsciously stepping slightly back. "What do you mean by 'both of you'?"

--------------------
PM Email
^
Blaizokaran
 Posted: Aug 27 2016, 01:50 PM
Survivor

N/A

“…Jack shit, then.” Pierce pinched the bridge of his nose for a moment as he pondered how to proceed. This was the first time he had ever needed to introduce a newbie to the concept of Interferences, and he was fairly new to the scene himself. On top of that, he was fairly certain he had just overwhelmed Yugi with a bunch of info all at once, meaning either Pierce sounded crazy, or he looked way more omniscient than he had any right claiming. Pierce would need to handle this carefully…. He pushed his glasses back up as he came to a decision.

“Okay, then first, let’s get this out of the way: yes, I know about the spirit of the Puzzle. How I know is a giant can of worms to get into that, honestly, I’m astounded you haven’t been briefed on, but there you go. So, instead of… oh, how to word this… instead of trying to play this game of who’s got it right, how about we head over to that wrecked ship over there, find ourselves someplace to sit that isn’t a whale’s tongue, and I give you the rundown over a game of chess?”

--------------------
PM
^
DoubleXXCross
 Posted: Aug 28 2016, 04:18 AM
Experienced

N/A

Yugi had no idea what Brent meant by 'game of who's got it right', neither was he feeling any more comfortable that a total stranger had just connected a second Yugi to the Millennium Puzzle.

Would you like me to take over again, Yugi? the Pharaoh trailed off.

Yugi took another second to gather his thoughts, and addressed his partner in his head. Given everything that's just happened to us?

Given everything that might be about to.

…No. Yugi nodded to Brent, and looked over at the shipwreck, taking the chance to fix his other's projection with a glare as he did. I need to be able to do this. I just need to be strong. I can't learn to swim if I don't get in the water.

The Pharaoh frowned, but tipped his head all the same. As you wish.

Then he vanished, and Yugi began hopping over the wooden platforms towards the relatively-intact sailing ship's top deck at the back.

--------------------
PM Email
^
Blaizokaran
 Posted: Aug 28 2016, 11:42 AM
Survivor

N/A

Pierce gave a quick nod back to Yugi and started following across the wreckage. He found that, thanks to his little stint in an alternate Skyrim, he was a bit stronger and more agile than he had been before, even after leaving that world, so this logistics task was a little easier than expected. He was still a skinny mage, though, so that didn't mean it was easy for him by any means. If he had had the mana available, he would have just used Teleportal on both of them to make it easier and instantaneous, but he hadn't started building that up yet.

While they were crossing over, it occurred to Pierce that he had probably worded a few things badly enough that understanding them, even if it was himself after the fact, would be next to impossible. This was something he was prone to at times - he wasn't the best impromptu wordsmith, which is why he preferred to keep his social interactions as simple as possible. In this case, however, it would most likely do him some good to put a disclaimer up ahead of time.

"By the way," Pierce said while they were both on some relatively stable ground, "sorry if what I say doesn't make much sense at times. Vocabulary might be one of my stronger suits, but conversation is not. If I need to reword something, just tell me bluaaah!"

It was at this moment that Pierce lost his footing on the wet wooden surface, his legs flew out from under him and he fell straight onto his back.

"....bluntly," he finished, clearly more annoyed then hurt, and carefully moved to get back up and continue. He resolved to then keep his mouth shut until they were at the still intact part of the ship.

--------------------
PM
^
DoubleXXCross
 Posted: Aug 29 2016, 03:51 AM
Experienced

N/A

As Brent fell again, Yugi immediately knelt to help him up.

It was kind of hard to blame his clumsiness in this place. Yugi was concentrating his hardest not to slip over himself, which was proving a challenge when these shoes weren't exactly built for climbing and when his athletic skills were only slightly better than middling. The structures they were attempting to cross, all spread with only just enough of a distance between to jump and pray, were comprised entirely of rough, broken wood, made only a little more palatable for the hands by the humidity, but (again) that dampness hardly helped the feet.

No wonder how this whale seemed so angry, when his mouth was literally full of giant splinters. And no wonder nobody had dealt with such a thing already, being that they were so large and, apparently, secured. (Ouch.)

At the very least, he was glad for the space part of the space whale. As long as he didn't question how this whale's insides held their own Earth-like gravity, and where the air exactly was coming from, he at least didn't have to worry about anything outside the whale throwing off the balance of everything inside.

The ship at the back took a few minutes to reach despite its short distance from their starting point. It was clearly the newest and most intact structure, despite its position near the mouth's rear, and seemed to be a sweet little sailing boat that had almost no business to be out in waters that had held a whale. (Yugi assumed the whale had been in water at one point, at least.) Getting onto its deck itself was no small feat; when they made it, Yugi sat atop the barrel he found there to recover. The Pharaoh's projection leaned against the wall, meanwhile, and laid his invisible eyes on Brent, as if hoping for Brent to react.

"Okay," Yugi began, "how is it that you know about the Spirit of the Puzzle?"

--------------------
PM Email
^
Blaizokaran
 Posted: Aug 29 2016, 10:26 AM
Survivor

N/A

"Okay, so where to start..." Pierce pulled over the end table from next to the bed (as well as something to sit on), pulled a chess set out of his bag, and started setting up the game, all the while quickly going through potential starting points in his head. He could just start explaining the Interference phenomenon right off the bat, but that could end up making him sound crazy and wear the Pharaoh's patience thin. There was also the option of just listing off all the things he actually knew about the Millennium Items in general, though again, that could frustrate Yami. Pierce wanted to avoid anything resembling a confrontation with these two, both because he knew Yugi would be uncomfortable with it, and because if the Pharaoh started a Shadow Game, Pierce had no doubt he would lose. He decided it would be best to start from what the two clearly already knew, simply by virtue of being here, and expand from there, going straight to their question's answer with as few jumps as possible.

"...So, you're familiar with the fact that there are other worlds - you're here and not in Domino, so obvious thing is obvious. Well, what if I told you there were other entire universes? Universes that were able to peek into one another in the form of people's imaginations and the fictional stories that result from them? Crazy as it may sound, it's the best explanation I have for what I've experienced in these worlds thus far.

"Well, the universe I come from happens to be filled with all kinds of these stories, stories that - lord knows how - managed to come to life in all these worlds we're in. This giant whale we're in? His name's Monstro. Comes straight out of a fairy tale about a wooden puppet come to life with a nose that grows when he lies. ...Okay, this specific version of it happens to come from a video game adapting it from a classic kid's flick adapting it from the original, but the sentiment remains the same.

"Now, brace yourselves, because here's the bombshell: you guys are from a story I've seen as well. A cartoon show based around the card game you play, Duel Monsters. Except it's not called Duel Monsters in my world - it's called Yu-Gi-Oh. The reason for it? The original Eastern comic it adapted itself from had you," Pierce pointed directly at Yugi, "as the main character."

By this point, Pierce had long since finished setting up the chess game. He had set it up so that he was black and Yugi was white, mostly because Pierce had no idea whether either Yugi still wanted to play after what had just been said, but if either of his opponents wanted to switch, they needed only to ask. However, Pierce was fairly sure the revelation he just offered would be taking up most of their combined headspace for awhile, so he doubted this chess game was going to start until the info had at least had a chance to sink in.

--------------------
PM
^
DoubleXXCross
 Posted: Aug 29 2016, 03:03 PM
Experienced

N/A

Naturally, the sheer weight and number of things that had just been said had Yugi staring at the chessboard as he tried to absorb it piece by piece.

Okay, so… he already had figured that at least some, if not all of the worlds, that they were going to see would be story-based back when they had landed on the world based on Alice in Wonderland. He haven't even considered the opposite notion - that the stories were based on the worlds rather than the worlds based on the stories - when he'd thought of it.

Naturally, that did imply that some, if not all worlds, would be the product of some imagination. That somebody would've read the stories, and visualised them, like they had done with Alice, and like they apparently did with Pinocchio.

And, that this particular world apparently came from a video game's version of events? It wasn't exact, but it was also, in a way, along the lines of what the Pharaoh had suggested while in Bastian's ship - that this might be one big Shadow Game of some kind that they were trapped in. So they'd kinda gotten that part right too.

So, that these worlds were fake, and were or had been part of a game, was where they'd gotten things right.

But… that last part…

"Y-you're joking… right?" Yugi looked back up. "About - about me being… being, what, a cartoon? You've gotta be kidding."

--------------------
PM Email
^
Blaizokaran
 Posted: Aug 29 2016, 06:49 PM
Survivor

N/A

“What? No, that's not what I meant at all. I must have worded something badly. Let me try to clarify: the story was made from you, not the other way around. I find it hard to believe that anyone could create entire physical worlds or universes just by writing about them - that sounds absurd even sitting from here, and I'm a mage whose power is focused through a trading card game, talking to a gaming prodigy wearing a thousand-year-old magic puzzle whilst sitting in a whale swmiming through space. So that should say a lot.

"But seeing into another universe and writing about what you see, never believing it to actually be real in any fashion? THAT’S a different matter. This is all just my own personal theory, though, based on what I’ve found, what I’ve learned, and a bit of pulling from really simplified quantum theory. I don’t know for sure if that’s actually how it works, it’s just the explanation that makes the most sense to me.”

It should be noted at this point that Pierce, despite being a mage, was mostly empirical in his methods of figuring things out on his own, starting with the simplest answer he could think of and working from there. That, and he might have been in some pretty strong denial about Cat’s claims at Disney Castle.

“But yeah, that’s how I know. Seen the show, mostly from your perspective, so I know a bunch about your past and future exploits on your home world. Though now that you’re an Interference, like me, all bets are off, at least on the specifics.”

--------------------
PM
^
DoubleXXCross
 Posted: Sep 1 2016, 04:26 PM
Experienced

N/A

Brent had definitely gone beyond just 'wording something badly' - from Yugi's perspective he'd just totally contradicted himself. It was hard to understand how; either the story or the worlds came first - it didn't seem like something where both options could make peace with one another.

Regardless of which was actually true, this correction - the worlds being dreamed into stories as otherworldly inspiration - certainly appealed to Yugi a lot more than the existential crisis caused by Brent's 'poor phrasing'.

The Pharaoh had been having a bad enough time just trying to determine his purpose for being as it was. He didn't need that degree of disembodiment.

…And, also regardless of which was true-

He knows about us. The Pharaoh glanced down at the copy of the Puzzle around his ghosted neck. Strangers whom we did not know even existed know about us - because of a 'show'.

Yugi winced. "How popular is this show, exactly…?"

--------------------
PM Email
^
Blaizokaran
 Posted: Sep 2 2016, 02:06 AM
Survivor

N/A

At this question, Pierce was caught a bit off guard. He took a moment to consider it, and the kind of info Yugi might be looking for in his answer, before responding.

"...I think it was translated and broadcast all over my world. Probably only the most die-hard of fans would know every last detail of your story, and that's not an insignificantly sized population, but the number of people who at least know your name must number in the millions, if not billions. If you're wondering how many people you meet will know about your private affairs, though, or maybe even more about your story than you do, then there's really no way to tell ahead of time."

"See, an Interference - the title coined for those of us who travel these worlds freely - isn't made an Interference by choice. This isn't something you can straight-up join. It's flung onto all of us by some freak force of nature that I still haven't made any sense of yet - for all I know, the selection process is completely random, so I may very well be the only person you ever meet who has ever seen the show, or it could end up being every other person you run into. What I do know, however, is that Interferences come in two primary flavors.

"The first is mine, External - we tend to start at the bottom of the ladder when it comes to being able to defend ourselves against the likes of the Heartless. However, we have one huge advantage: our ability to know the stories we get inserted into. Using the knowledge of stories we have read about, or watched, or what have you ahead of time, we can inflict our own influence onto them and change the course of events to suit our needs and goals.

"The second is yours, Internal - these are the people who come from the worlds we Externals have experienced through our world's stories. Internals tend to have a bit less knowledge when it comes to other worlds, or even their own when compared to Externals, but their strength far surpasses ours at the start. And when that unique strength is put in the context of other worlds, things can change quite rapidly indeed."

The point had to be granted that Pierce wasn't exactly being helpful here in the info Yugi was probably looking for, and he was well aware of this, but he was doing his best. Pierce, by his own admission, had absolutely no idea how the Interference phenomenon worked, only that it existed and that the name was coined from said people's ability to make stories jump the rails - sometimes go flying off them, even. The reason he was giving all this information in the context of 'who had seen the show,' however, was because this gave the whole problem perspective and scale. Internals weren't likely to know who Yugi was unless they were from Yugi's world (which Pierce would henceforth refer to as Domino for ease of reference), but Externals all had a chance depending on how much attention they paid to the franchise.

...Besides, he had to work that info in there somehow.

--------------------
PM
^
DoubleXXCross
 Posted: Sep 2 2016, 09:21 AM
Experienced

N/A

Billions of people? Billions of people knew Yugi's darkest secret?

Simply from the mention of a cartoon, Yugi had expected at least one million. And from Brent's looks he had already realised it was probably an export, at that. But an worldwide broadcast? 'Millions if not billions' of people who knew his name? That was... That was...

Well, that was a whole second planet's worth of people who knew about him. And at least a good portion of that planet knew everything about the other Yugi, too. And they had absolutely no way to control that knowledge whatsoever.

At the very least, these people only rarely made the jump, and the others apparently considered them fictional. But should somebody less than nice from that world become one of these Interferences...

Are you sure you don't need me to take over? the Pharaoh asked again. His agitation was obvious, although he was trying desperately to keep his composure. He's been almost too forthcoming with the information. If there's anything he's hiding...

I said I could do this. Yugi pursed his lips. It's scary, but I'm not panicking. Yet, anyway.

The Pharaoh sighed. Yugi...

And anyway- Yugi looked down at the chess board. If what he just said's all true, then we might be actually be very lucky.

Hm?

"Hey, earlier, when you said you know about me, did you say you knew about our future?" he asked Brent.

--------------------
PM Email
^
Blaizokaran
 Posted: Sep 2 2016, 05:50 PM
Survivor

N/A

Pierce breathed in sharply through his teeth - he had been dreading this question.

"I can tell you a lot, but I can't tell you everything. Not even everything I've seen. And here's why: the more I tell you, and the more impact that knowledge will have on your actions, the farther off the rails you could drive the story I know without even meaning to and the more useless my knowledge of the story can become. That's the thing about Externals - they know one particular path that the story will take, not taking into account Interference influence, and that's it. So if the story jumps off the rails of what they know, then..." He left that sentence hanging in the air, the remainder of it not needing to be said.

After a moment of thought, he continued. "There are some things I might be able to tell you without affecting too much, though, but it depends on where you're at in the story I know. I see you have your Duel Disk - have you completed the Battle City Tournament yet?"

--------------------
PM
^
DoubleXXCross
 Posted: Sep 2 2016, 07:57 PM
Experienced

N/A

"Battle City..." Why was that so familiar-

"Oh! That's the name of the tournament we were supposed to be entering!" Yugi suddenly exclaimed. "It was supposed to start to-"

No. Not today. They no longer had track of the time, but it had been days already; the tournament would have begun by now, if it hadn't been for...

If it hadn't been for the Heartless...

The Pharaoh was at his side in an instant. Yugi...? Yugi, don't...

But Yugi had already gone dead silent.

--------------------
PM Email
^
Blaizokaran
 Posted: Sep 3 2016, 01:05 AM
Survivor

N/A

"...Well, that was a pretty so...lid.... no............ Are you alright, Yugi?"

Even to the heavily anti-social hermit, Pierce, it was obvious Yugi was blue-screening hard. This did not bode well - if he had to guess, Pierce would bet on something bad having happened to Domino. Given the nature of the Interference phenomenon, there was also a good chance it had involved the Heartless.

Pierce got up, moved around the chess game to Yugi's side, and started snapping his fingers right in front of the young duelist's face. "Hey, Yugi, c'mon, stay with me here."

God, what he wouldn't give for a spell to let him see and hear the Spirit of the Puzzle right now. At least then, he could ask some questions and get some idea on how to get Yugi to respond.

--------------------
PM
^
DoubleXXCross
 Posted: Sep 3 2016, 05:27 PM
Experienced

N/A

Fortunately (or, more likely, unfortunately) he wouldn't need a spell of any kind, because a few seconds of strange silence later, Yugi's eyes had narrowed and reddened, and his mouth had drawn into a frown.

Yugi, now behind himself, barely noticed he'd been kicked from his own body, standing there wrapping his arms around himself.

It was still too soon. Too soon to think about anything they'd lost without his mind sinking back into that nightmarish night. Certainly too soon to think about the tournament, and all that had been at stake, and all the plans he'd made with Joey on the side...

And until they found some stability out here - until they eliminated the stress of learning their new surroundings - it was, in all likelihood, going to stay that way.

The Pharaoh laced Yugi's fingers together.

"…I take it from your reaction," he began slowly, "that the story has already been driven off the rails."

--------------------
PM Email
^
Blaizokaran
 Posted: Sep 4 2016, 03:38 AM
Survivor

N/A

Again, Pierce was an anti-social hermit, so his ability to read other people was pretty paltry, but not even he could miss the sudden change in Yugi's features when the Pharaoh stepped behind the wheel of his body.

"Whoa!" Pierce started back as he noticed Yugi's change in demeanor. "You guys really do flip fast..." He went back to his seat, on the other side of the still not started chess game. "Ahem...

"Yeah, the fact that you two are Interferences now kinda takes 'off the rails' as writ where your story is concerned. How far off the rails has yet to be seen. I'm not going to ask what Yugi is blue-screening over - I think I can guess, and if I'm right, you both have my condolences and I'll be looking into solutions for you in the near future. In the meantime, perhaps I could help you some by giving you some exposition you would normally get from going through Battle City."

Pierce pulled out his laptop computer and set it up in his lap, taking some time to pull up information relevant to the King of Games. This only took a few short moments before he handed the computer to the Pharaoh to look at. On the screen were three cards, appearing to be Level 10 Duel Monsters.

"When you finally participate in the tournament, you're gonna eventually run into all three of these cards. Kaiba set up the tournament specifically to gather them on the request of an Egyptian ambassador, Ishizu Ishtar. They're called the Egyptian God cards, and they don't earn that name lightly. Each requires three tributes to Normal Summon, they can't be targeted by traps, spells with no duration can only hold their effects on them for one turn, no card in the game can destroy them outside of battle, and on top of all that, each has their own unique effects that make them devastating in any battle.

"Slifer the Sky Dragon is the first one you'll run into. Its attack and defense are equal to the number of cards its controller has in his hand times 1000. Also, if it's out on the field while its opponent summons a monster, that monster suffers 2000 points of reduction in attack or defense, depending on what position it's summoned in, and if that monster's attack or defense value hits zero, it's destroyed.

"Obelisk the Tormentor is the second one you will encounter, and it is the only one of the gods with a surefire attack and defense value of 4000 each, but it's not referred to as the War God for nothing - if you Tribute two monsters on your field to activate its effect, its attack value becomes infinity and stays there until after it attacks everything of your choosing, even if it's multiple monsters and even if it's your opponent's turn.

"Finally, the Winged Dragon of Ra, said to be the most powerful. It has three abilities. The first is that its attack and defense are equal to the attack and defense of all monsters tributed to summon it. Its second is that you can transfer all but one of your own Life Points to increase its attack and defense by the same amount paid and essentially fuse yourself with it - after that, you can add the attack and defense of all other monsters you control by tributing them as well. Finally, if you pay 1000 Life Points while controlling Ra, it can destroy one monster your opponent controls. There's one catch, though - in order to get Ra to do anything, you need to know certain scriptures to chant."

Pierce took a deep breath in and let it out before continuing. "Each one is incredibly powerful, to be sure, but they're not invincible. I've already come up with several strategies to use against them, but generally, the best way to deal with them is to either somehow defeat them in battle - incredibly difficult, but possible - to use god against god or their own abilities against them - good luck with the latter - or to use a card effect to banish them from the game. I expect you already know about the ante rule in place for the Battle City Tournament, so I will finish just with this: earning the three Egyptian God cards will take you one step closer to unlocking your memories, Pharaoh."

That was a load and a half of information right there, so Pierce wasn't going to go much further. As far as he was concerned, he had just handed Yami Yugi the metaphorical keys to the kingdom - any more information than that, and he risked telling Yugi something that could change the entire course of the Battle City arc. The only other thing Pierce thought he could dare tell either Yugi about would be the Virtual World stint that would put a hiatus on the finals, but Pierce didn't really know how to explain that one. Hell, he couldn't even remember if he'd seen most of it.

--------------------
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
RPG-D || Teen Titans GO~ || The Games

Disclaimer: using the Split Lock skin by DoubleXXCross will not give you a suit of armour.
But even if it did, you can still very much get shot in the face.