New Poll

» Clockworks
Icefox
 Posted: Feb 4 2017, 06:32 PM
Powerful

N/A

Group: Global Moderator
Member No.: 65

Out of all the primal forces in the world, Dovi was fairly certain time was her least favorite. Energy could be harnessed and controlled, and space could be manipulated, but time was always just ticking along, immutable and the best that could be done was work around it. For the dragonborn engineer, it was a slap in the face to all of her abilities, and even the power of the dragon gods that lived within her was a distant shadow of the real thing.

All of this made the time-warping existence of Karnaca even more annoying.

The dragonborn had swapped out her coat of dragonscale armor for a long leather coat in this more industrial world, but she still wore her Nightingale armor underneath it out of a desire for straight-up protection. She had been watching this world for some time but she still didn't have a great idea of how things functioned here, except for a few things. One of those things, the mysterious whale oil powering the industrial revolution throughout the Empire, was her primary goal for being here, and dragging an old friend along for some adventure and discovery.

--------------------
Captain Natalie Prisma
Dutchess "Dovi" Prisma
Paathar Atma, a.k.a. Stoneheart
Selina Williams
Jane Doe
PM
^
Aragonius
 Posted: Feb 4 2017, 07:10 PM
Veteran

N/A

Group: Members
Member No.: 50

Reconnecting with an old friend remembered from what felt like another life still felt strange to Nate. The moment he'd accepted the experiences within the thought bottle he'd been flooded by interpersonal bonds and connections just as strong and in some cases even stronger than the ones he'd formed with his companions in the wasteland. Ada, Cait, Curie, Piper, hell even Preston. He'd fight and go through hell for them if need be and he'd suddenly found himself remembering even more individuals he'd do the same for.

Dovi was actually such a person. Looking at the choker she wore on her neck made the wizard blush a bit as he remembered the context in which he'd given it to her. The wizard broke his blush with a frown as he began to probe the twisted spece time of the region.

"Well this place certainly is quite wibbly wobbly indeed." He was no stranger to temporal manipulation in either life although his strength was currently in dilation rather than outright reversal or transportation through time. He hoped to work up to that someday but at the most he currently only had one actual time travel spell. It was only accurate to a degree of centuries and it could only go backwards so afterwards he'd be stuck in in the past catching up to the present the long way round.

The wizard rummaged through the pockets of the now familiar shiftweave hooded robes Jan had presented him with once he'd gotten his old memories back. "So then what's the plan? Wanna try catching an entire whale or did you have something else in mind?" he then said as he now held a pair of enchanted dice. They were useful foci for enhancing his divinations.

--------------------
Characters
(Robot "Wizard") | (Aspiring Archmage) | (Reluctant Mad Artificer)
(Incubus Inventor)

PM Email
^
Icefox
 Posted: Feb 4 2017, 07:19 PM
Powerful

N/A

Dovi idly smirked at the thought of actually going out to sea and killing one of the great leviathans she had seen brought in on the boats during her time in the cities of this world. Sure, she could probably kill it, but that seemed like a bit too much work for something they could probably get in a much more simple fashion.

"That sounds fun, but I think I have a better plan. There's a mansion up on the cliffs in town built by a man named Kirin Jindosh, an inventor. He's gone now, but he left the whole place intact and I'm betting we can find everything we need there. Maybe even a way to synthesize it outright."

--------------------
Captain Natalie Prisma
Dutchess "Dovi" Prisma
Selina Williams
Jane Doe
PM
^
Aragonius
 Posted: Feb 4 2017, 07:32 PM
Veteran

N/A

"Heh very well then. Hmm I wonder how likely we are to find trouble in there?" The wizard asked before performing a simple augery spell which caused his dice to spin and sing out a response of "Very".

"Pfft figures. It's probably worth it though eh?"

To this the dice sang out with an almost cheeky response of. "Probably"

Getting more solid answers out of the dice would probably take a lot more time and effort but honestly just these insights were enough to satisfy the wizard for the time being.

"Hmm ok sounds like we should maybe treat this endeavor like a dungeon delving exoedition in then? We're just a two man party but between the two of us we should be able to handle most threats."

--------------------
Characters
(Incubus Inventor)

PM Email
^
Icefox
 Posted: Feb 4 2017, 07:35 PM
Powerful

N/A

"Maybe. Jindosh was as violent as he was brilliant, and I don't doubt some of his toys are still up and running. I've heard rumors of a couple other places we could hit up; apparently the Conservatory here in Karnaca was running an exhibition on the inventor of whale oil when it was shut down; some of his stuff might be useful if you want to go get it." She looked around at the city, from the art deco palace on the waterfront to the Clockwork Mansion on the cliffs to Addermire Institute on its lonely rock in the middle of the harbor. They were certainly spoiled for choice, at any rate.

--------------------
Captain Natalie Prisma
Dutchess "Dovi" Prisma
Selina Williams
Jane Doe
PM
^
Aragonius
 Posted: Feb 4 2017, 07:47 PM
Veteran

N/A

"Let's go for it all. Every bit of research material and devices we collect might prove useful down the line. Heh I'm sure Curie and the Institute members I left under her command would love a chance to analyze some of this stuff." Nate remarked. He'd left his Synth companion in control of the mental shackles he'd placed on the researchers of that corrupt institution. He trusted her to lead the organization in much less ethically dubious direction.

"Mansion first then once we've finished picking it clean then we move on to the other locations. Although hmm who currently owns the things we're planning on taking? You mentioned the mansion being abandoned but are there any rightful heirs we need to worry about compensating?" Ideally the stuff would be unclaimed and free for the taking but generally things of value were already claimed by others.

--------------------
Characters
(Incubus Inventor)

PM Email
^
Icefox
 Posted: Feb 4 2017, 07:55 PM
Powerful

N/A

"Details are still fuzzy but to the best of my knowledge the last owners are imprisoned or worse after a failed attempt to take over the Empire. Chances are their toys are still just sitting where they were left and no one wants to risk dealing with whatever security is still around them." She didn't know what had happened to Brianna Ashworth, the curator of the conservatory, but she was certain Kirin Jindosh wouldn't be bothering them from his padded cell in the city dungeons. She turned and jumped down onto a balcony on the building, then down to the streets.

"C'mon. Mansion's not going to loot itself."

--------------------
Captain Natalie Prisma
Dutchess "Dovi" Prisma
Selina Williams
Jane Doe
PM
^
Aragonius
 Posted: Feb 4 2017, 08:02 PM
Veteran

N/A

"Pfft very well." Nate remarked as he warped after her. "How stealthily do you want to do this? I can make you invisible if you'd like." The mage then said from seemingly nowhere. He had already occluded himself from the electromagnetic spectrum. He was now floating along after Dovi preferring to avoid any chance of drawing the attention of any potential bystanders.

--------------------
Characters
(Incubus Inventor)

PM Email
^
Icefox
 Posted: Feb 4 2017, 08:08 PM
Powerful

N/A

"Later. Most people in this part of town are pretty all right; no need to waste energy hiding from them." Indeed, she drew no untoward attention from anyone as she walked through the harbor and towards a carriage station that would ideally take them up the cliffs towards the manor.

"You might want to stay hidden, though. The guard here tends to be a little trigger-happy around strangers. Bad blood from the previous leadership in Serkonos."

--------------------
Captain Natalie Prisma
Dutchess "Dovi" Prisma
Selina Williams
Jane Doe
PM
^
Aragonius
 Posted: Feb 4 2017, 08:23 PM
Veteran

N/A

"Heh yeah. I'd rather not leave any lasting impressions of myself round these parts." Nate had no intention to establish himself on the world long term so it would be best if he could get in and get out with as little of the natives awareness of his presence. Had he been planning on entrenchining himself as he had in the commonwealth he probably would have opted for a flashy display of his might however. As they approached the mansion the caster asked Dovi more about what she currently knew of the location and it's contents.

"What sorts of whale oil powered contraptions are we likely to face? Actually How long have you spent on this world scouting it out? " He then wondered." Dovi hadn't struck him as a particularly strong diviner. So what she new of this place was probably coming from either personal observation or intel relayed by potential agents in her employment. "Ah by the way did you ever get that whole Parthenaux debacle sorted out with the blades?"

--------------------
Characters
(Incubus Inventor)

PM Email
^
Icefox
 Posted: Feb 4 2017, 08:35 PM
Powerful

N/A

"Couple weeks. Not a lot of surveilance, and I've been watching a couple places, but I think I have a decent idea of what we're up against. This stuff puts out an utterly absurd amount of energy, so there are a lot of traps here designed to flat-out obliterate you with a bolt of lightning. I also saw something at the mansion I didn't get a good look at, but it was definitely moving. Gonna want to be careful with that one." She paused as the approached the carriage station, and a Grand Guardsman approached her.

"Hello, stranger. Don't believe we've met, so I'm gonna need you to pay the toll to get through this part of town."

--------------------
Captain Natalie Prisma
Dutchess "Dovi" Prisma
Selina Williams
Jane Doe
PM
^
Aragonius
 Posted: Feb 4 2017, 08:57 PM
Veteran

N/A

The wizard invisibly floated up to the guard and booped him on the nose as he cast a sleep spell upon the man. Soon he collapsed into slumber while the wizard remarked. "He should be out for a decent while. Anyways I can't help but notice you didn't answer my question bout the blades. Dovi please tell me you didn't slay old Parthenaux?"

Nate had fond memories of the old dragon from his days of playing Skyrim before having interfered. He had yet to meet him in person though. Thankfully due to the nature of dragonbreaks he'd likely be able to eventually encounter the fellow regardless of Dovi's actions but even so he'd be very disappointed in her having chosen to kill the repentant and helpful old creature.

--------------------
Characters
(Incubus Inventor)

PM Email
^
Icefox
 Posted: Feb 4 2017, 09:12 PM
Powerful

N/A

Dovi smirked as the corrupt guard dropped unconscious and nodded at where she figured Nate was.

"Nicely done. Looks like we're doing this the sneaky way, then." She was glad she had brought the outfit of the patron saint of thieves for this, and her footsteps were completely silent as she walked towards the carriage station.

"Nah, he's still alive. Never talked to Delphine again after that little meeting. Stay focused, though. Work to do." She gestured at four slightly glowing cylinders set in the main entrance to the carriage station. "Wall of light. Walk between those and it'll turn you to ash in an instant. Gotta find another way around..."

--------------------
Captain Natalie Prisma
Dutchess "Dovi" Prisma
Selina Williams
Jane Doe
PM
^
Aragonius
 Posted: Feb 4 2017, 09:35 PM
Veteran

N/A

"Feel like going under? I got a spell that can let us swim through earth and stone." The mage offered.

--------------------
Characters
(Incubus Inventor)

PM Email
^
Icefox
 Posted: Feb 4 2017, 09:50 PM
Powerful

N/A

"Might as well. It'll make the whole thing easier, anyway."

--------------------
Captain Natalie Prisma
Dutchess "Dovi" Prisma
Selina Williams
Jane Doe
PM
^
Aragonius
 Posted: Feb 4 2017, 10:20 PM
Veteran

N/A

Nate tapped Dovi on the shoulder as he channeled the normally druidic spell "Earth Glide" into a psionic equivalent. More of a wizard in name than on paper at this point, Nate had melded the forces of magic both arcane and divine into those of psionics with his convoluted new erudite class build. With his new build much of the pragmatic logic behind his old Manamart staff selections was now redundant but even so with the use of the thought bottle he'd rediscovered the ties of friendship and affection towards all of them. Even if they weren't necessarily useful they were still his and he had no intentions of ever discarding them by the wayside.

Semidivine natural energy flowed through his mind and was refined before spreading back out over him and the dragonborn as it too effect and they became as one with the earth as fish were with the sea he found himself asking. "Yo Dovi, did that spell I cast on you feel any different to you than one's I've cast on you in the past?" He was curious to hear if the improvements to the foundation of his magic, his dao. Were noticeable.

--------------------
Characters
(Incubus Inventor)

PM Email
^
Icefox
 Posted: Feb 5 2017, 03:03 PM
Powerful

N/A

Dovi felt the power flow through her, but she was no mage and all magic kinda felt the same to her if it wasn't actively killing her. This was more of the same, and she raised an eyebrow at him with a slight smirk.

"You know I can't tell that kind of thing. If you want your power tested, talk to Serana. She's the adept in our sorority."

--------------------
Captain Natalie Prisma
Dutchess "Dovi" Prisma
Selina Williams
Jane Doe
PM
^
Aragonius
 Posted: Feb 5 2017, 03:42 PM
Veteran

N/A

"Eh very well. I suppose since I'm the squishy mage in this endeavor you should take point on this mission." Nate chuckled a bit even as he mentioned squishyness. The term certainly had been applicable to him at low levels but now... The wizard had already summoned his armor, a stylized set of ebony plate ornamented with glowing runes and a partial set of robes. Had Nate currently been visible interestingly his armor would still have appeared mostly translucent. Every inch of it's surface area had been wrought with enchantments that reinforced his defenses and improved the conductivity of his own magical workings. The side effect of these enhancements rendered the glowing runes the most solid seeming portion of his armor. With the aid of his Eyrines and Succubus he'd been enhancing the magnitude of defensive armor wards and enchantments he could lay even if they came at the cost of modesty..

"You lead tge way and I'll have your back against anything we might find in there."

--------------------
Characters
(Incubus Inventor)

PM Email
^
Icefox
 Posted: Feb 6 2017, 09:39 PM
Powerful

N/A

"Sounds good. Last I checked this whole place was only filled with guards, but talking to some of the locals apparently there was one occurrence a while back where a pack of witches showed up looking for someone, so stay on your toes." She dove into the stone and neatly went under the range of the wall of light before coming back up inside the terminal none the worse for wear and just in time to strangle a guard into unconsciousness. Not the most sophisticated technique, but it certainly worked.

"C'mon, carriage is upstairs. Stay off the rails if you don't like electricity."

--------------------
Captain Natalie Prisma
Dutchess "Dovi" Prisma
Selina Williams
Jane Doe
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
RPG-D || Teen Titans GO~ || The Games

Disclaimer: using the Split Lock skin by DoubleXXCross will not give you a suit of armour.
But even if it did, you can still very much get shot in the face.