photo the_inter.png

Welcome to the Interference: Multiverse, a video game crossover roleplayed inspired by The Interference fanfiction series by Newbiespud.

Quick Links
Updates

Last Updated: 9/8/2016

We've got a shiny new... uh, Newcomer's Guide. If you're new, then go check it out! If you're not new, then check it out anyway, and give some feedback! In particular, we need some frequently asked questions to answer.

September's activity check is live!

The Story So Far...
Traverse Town is under attack! A powerful entity by the name of 0m3ga has descended upon the world, seeking to scatter and destroy the Interferences that call it their home. Click here to join the fight!

The Resistors have amassed a large fleet of spaceships in the Ocean Between. These ships are targeting and destroying Heartless and Nobody ships, and will attempt to detain and question any other ships travelling between worlds. Those wishing to respond to this situation can do so here.

Join Chat Server

Add Reply
New Poll

» Elissa Mauna, Silence is golden...
Natalie Emu
 Posted: Mar 2 2017, 06:44 PM
Experienced

N/A

Group: Members
Member No.: 60

Classification: External

Name: Elissa Mauna

Physical: Elissa stands at 5’3 weighing 131.04 pounds. She has a slender body and soft facial features. Her eyes are a bright red that she hides with brown contact lenses. Elissa has amber colored hair resting just below her shoulders. Elissa’s hands are well groomed and show no distinct sign of hard work.

Clothing: Elissa prefers to wear easy clothing like sweat pants and t-shirts, though only in personal space. If she is to go out somewhere she prefers to wear plain dresses. Around the neck or top of whatever she is wearing is a colorful ring of pencils and pens, giving her quite a strange look.

Condition: Elissa is decently muscular and she knows martial arts, and because of that she isn't too terribly uncoordinated. She can balance rather well and can hit a target if she throws something at it from no more than a few feet away. She stands straight, though she has a tendency to slouch when she sits down. Elissa is currently unable to speak, however she knows sign language.

Mental: (personality, morality, likes and dislikes, etc.)

Personality: Elissa is very shy and dislikes approaching people she doesn’t know and prefers to avoid conflict and confrontation when possible. If she is forced to fight, she will try her best to win with the mentality of “I’m here now, may as well do my damndest to win.” Elissa only argues when she either knows she is right or feels very strongly about the topic as it isn't very easy for her to get her point across. If proven wrong, she accepts that she was wrong, but stays angry for at least a few more minutes. Elissa is something of a lonely type. Though she has setbacks in communication, she prefers to be around people, even if she is shy and unable to speak. Elissa isn't very quick to anger as she feels like without the ability to speak to others her anger would be wasted, a feeling that took time to develop in her. She is often lost in thought, as she cannot speak her thoughts easily. All things considered, Elissa will still poke fun at people she feels she knows well enough. Though she is mute, she understands all aspects of language.

Background: An odd day it was, when Elissa’s parents took her to a doctor. She was seven at the time and had never spoken a word. “Isn't it a bit late to take a child in for not speaking at all? She's seven years old. Speech is supposed to develop much sooner.” The doctor remarked at the lateness of the visit.

Elissa was, of course, blissfully ignorant to the lateness of the visit. She had sat herself in the corner and started playing with building blocks the office had for children to use.

“Well, we thought that maybe at some point she'd break her silence. She's our first child so we really didn't know if this was…” Her mother spoke, sounding unsure.

“Normal? Well, I'm here today to tell you it is not. Normally speech developed much earlier in life. Has there been any trauma in her life? For instance a dog bite, a car crash, something of the like?”

“No, nothing like that. Aside from her silence, she seems to be completely normal.”

“No, nothing? Alright. Well, I'm going to take her vitals then we’ll continue from there.” The doctor did as he said he would and went through treatment process of taking her vitals. Upon looking in her throats he noticed something unusual, but couldn't come to a conclusion with only that.

Elissa’s mother sat in the room, waiting patiently. “Well? Have you found anything?” The question came out as almost a whisper. It was evident Elissa’s mother cared for her child and was very worried for her lack of speech.

“When I looked in her throat I thought I saw something a bit unusual but we'd need to take a better look to be sure. I'll mark the appointment for next Wednesday at three o'clock. Would that be alright with you?”

“Yes, that would be wonderful, thank you.” Replied her mother. Elissa’s mother walked up to the young girl and placed her hand on her back. “Come on, let’s go Elissa.” Elissa complied happily, smiling up at her mother.

Elissa spent a happy few days playing as a normal child would while her parents watched her with much worry. Finally, the day of the appointment arrived. Elissa, like any child, was scared. With her mother's encouragement, Elissa complied with the doctor’s requests.

Elissa’s mother and father waited patiently for the doctor to arrive with news, chatting about their worries for their child while they waited. “I hope she's ok…” The mother spoke. “It'll be fine. I'm sure of it.” Replied Elissa’s father. It was a conversation of doubt and reassurance.

After what felt like hours, the doctor arrived, Elissa following shortly after. Elissa ran to her mother and happily hugged hugged her. Elissa’s mother almost instinctively placed her hand on little Elissa’s head. Her father was the first to break the silence. “Well? Is there something wrong with her?”

“No, not mentally at least, so you can rest assured of that. She thinks at the level of a normal child for her age. We took a closer look at her throats and took an X-ray.” The doctor paused a moment and walked into a room, ushering the parents to follow. Once inside he closed the door and turned off the light to display the X-ray, “We took an X-ray of her throat and it appears,” The doctor pointed at the X-ray, “ that vital parts of the throats and the voice box did not develop right. From the looks of it, she will never speak. I’d suggest you look into some special care for her like learning sign language and learning to deal with her mutism.”

Elissa’s parents were, of course, impacted by the news but they accepted it after a time. They learned sign language themselves along with their daughter.

From there, they began encouraging Elissa to take part in the activities that normal kids would. Elissa began playing sports and joining in other activities. The kids around her were always aware of her disability, but none of them minded. They treated her just the same as they would anyone else.

At age thirteen, through the insistence of her father, Elissa began martial arts training. “If you can’t scream for help, you need to be able to help yourself.” This was her father’s driving argument for the matter, one which both she and her mother agreed to be true. Elissa dutifully attended the classes and eventually, she started having fun.

Elissa was fifteen now. She had been accepted into a good high school. Her peers treated her as a normal person, aside from a few unusual looks as she had adopted a rather... unusual style of dressing. No matter what she was doing, with the exception of sleeping, bathing, and her uniform for martial arts, she wore all colors of pens and pencils around her collar, always with a notepad in pocket.

Her friends were selected from the more quiet and shy people in her classes, one of which was an avid otaku. This otaku friend, Danielle, had introduced Elissa to the wonderful world of dating sims. At first, Elissa was a bit hesitant to play them, but Danielle lent her a relatively simple one and the portable console to play it on so it was pretty hard to refuse. Elissa slowly took a liking to these games and it became a hobby of sorts, but things like these can be addicting.

Her hobby of completing them quickly became an obsession. She began getting in trouble for playing them in class and at other places in school. It was even affecting her grades. Her parents addressed this and she stopped to save her grades after a few battles within the family, arguments that, to anyone who didn't know sign language, would look really strange. A family furiously signaling different things with their hands to each other. Eventually, her mother had run out of ideas for stopping this obsession and broke down in front of Elissa.

“You have no idea how painful it is, for a mother to see her child not care for their future. The only thing I’ve ever wanted for you was for you to succeed in life. You don’t need to do spectacular, though I always hope that you will. Doing things like this, though, I can only see this ending up hurting you.” After that, Elissa gave up the games and got her life back on track. It had hurt her more than anything to see her mother cry like that.

At age seventeen, she was lured into temptation and began playing games again. Elissa’s obsession restarted, though this time she made sure it didn’t take her over. This time Elissa picked up something a bit different from a dating sim. Elissa had a job by this point and had generated enough money so she bought a 3DS and Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright. A strategy game it was, but it had a companion system where you can have all the characters, yours included, marry other characters. Of course, Elissa instantly began starting game after game marrying all the characters off as fast as possible. Save, ship, repeat. Save, ship, repeat.

One night, she had been up particularly long on the game. She could see the finish line for marrying all the characters in all possible combinations. Elissa worked at it until the sun began being visible once again. She had finally completed her ultimate goal of shipping all the ships. Currently wearing her sleepwear of sweatpants and a long sleeve T-shirt, she fell asleep, and did she ever crash hard.

Upon waking up, she noticed, something strange had happened. Elissa wasn’t in her bed anymore. She wasn’t even in her house anymore. This brought a process to her mind of observation then confusion, then repetition of that process. She couldn’t wrap her head around the situation. Then, she gave up thinking about it. Elissa began her adventure.

Abilities: The ability to affect the gravity of some objects and people, though not to the point of crushing them. For instance, make the gravity of a friend’s foot more intense so they fall hilariously. Cannot change the direction of gravity. No floating. Becomes a bit strange in zero gravity. The user is able to act normally in zero gravity, able to walk on any surface, the only exception to no walking sideways as zero gravity is a totally different environment. Able to “swim” through zero gravity places exceedingly better than a normal human. Elissa has her own gravity heightened (2x that of earth’s gravity of 9.8). The world now weighs more heavily upon her. Literally.

Equipment: She has a notepad on hand at all times with multiple pens and pencils at her disposal. She keeps her pens and pencils around the neck of her shirt or dress, giving her quite the unique look.

Sample Post: Elissa awoke in a strange land. My chest feels heavy… Elissa paused a second. Wait, no. Everything feels heavy. My chest, my legs, my head… My whole body feels like there’s a weight on it. Elissa took a good look around, seeing nothing that could make her feel heavy like this. Breathing is… hard. I’m gonna have to get up, aren’t I? Elissa sighed and slowly got up.

This isn’t normal. Elisa thought. Her surroundings consisted of nothing but grass for as far as she could see. This isn’t normal at all. The girl searched for her notepad in her pocket, but it wasn’t there. She turned to see in on the ground next to where she had woken up. Relieved, she picked the notepad up and began walking. Walking was hard. More than once did Elissa fall down and struggle to get back up.

Why is this happening? I don’t feel sick… I feel perfectly healthy, but moving is… hard. Elissa fell once again, but this time she decided to stay down. I’m exhausted… fighting my own body to move is horrible. The way it looks now, I’ll have to wait until my strength returns. Elissa waited for hours for change, to no avail. The only changes were the wind’s direction and the time of day. This is… inconvenient. Elissa thought before closing her eyes, trying to wake from this dream.

--------------------
Althena Enyo Redheaded gun girl.
Elissa Mauna Sometimes even silence speaks.
Elizabeth Little vampire "child."
Mary Cowell Totally not a wizard, I swear.
Nathaniel King The idiot: Somehow, it's more of a challenge than a title.
Noel Valentine Oh, look. It's a squirrel.
Stephany Sazwaki The positive healer.
Xalie A heartless, or something.
PM
^
Auragongal
 Posted: Mar 6 2017, 08:39 PM
Renowned

N/A

Group: Character Moderator
Member No.: 7

Approved.

--------------------
Characters:
Legode Rydrion, the Blue Skinned Druid(Please keep in mind that while Legode is female, she looks highly bifauxnen/ manly in appearance. She never really developed in the chest area. Also has a Dire Wolf as her druidic animal companion. Do not call said companion a puppy/treat him like a house pet.)
Drizzt Do'Urden(Canon Character)
Aria Token(Mute, Hotblooded, Battling Ballerina)
PM Email
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
RPG-D || Teen Titans GO~ || The Games

Disclaimer: using the Split Lock skin by DoubleXXCross will not give you a suit of armour.
But even if it did, you can still very much get shot in the face.