photo the_inter.png

Welcome to the Interference: Multiverse, a video game crossover roleplayed inspired by The Interference fanfiction series by Newbiespud.

Quick Links
Updates

Last Updated: 11/6/2017

Last update for anyone who still visits the forum here. Most of us have moved to a new location. If you want to find us then we are located here: Scrap City

Join Chat Server

Add Reply
New Poll

» Pokémon Blaze Black 2 Nuzlocke, ...Am I really this narcissistic?
Blaizokaran
 Posted: May 26 2013, 02:16 PM
Survivor

N/A

Group: Members
Member No.: 6

Putting the whole thing in spoiler spots to keep the thread from becoming freaking huge simply from a first glance. This has got a lot of pictures in it.

SPOILER(Show/Hide)

user posted image

Hey everybody! Yes, I’m trying this again. Hopefully, I can get farther than halfway to the third gym this time. This time, though, we’re doing a Nuzlocke of the direct sequel to what I tried last time:

user posted image

Pokémon Blaze Black 2!

user posted image

Yes, this line of hacks was created by a guy by the name of Drayano60 (just Drayano or Dray for short) and spans all of the Pokémon Black and White games. What his hack basically does is change up the spawn locations and trainer lineups of the entire game to make all 649 existing Pokémon (as of this generation, of course) be seeable and obtainable. Not only that, but some gym leaders from another region have been placed in different parts of the Unova region that befit their characters, and the challenge to get through this game is much, much harder than the vanilla game. To top it all off, in the complete version, there are actually some major changes that happen to a lot of the Pokémon, but I’ll get into that as it becomes more relevant.

user posted image

Now, I will be using the provided documentation as a guide. Pokémon’s new stats, types, and available abilities will be clear as day to me as I play through this game; doing a Nuzlocke with the difficulty cranked up is hard enough as it is, I don’t need to be walking in blind. There are some Action Replay cheats provided in these documents that I might be using, but their only purpose is for convenience, such as getting the character to run faster. Other than that, it’s just for the sake of foresight.

user posted imageuser posted image

Yes, we’re playing as the girl, and yes, I named her after one of my roleplaying characters, sue me. If you guys have any better ideas for what to name this broad, be my guest, I’m not too far in to change it yet, but this is what I’m gonna be sticking with for now.

user posted image

Further showing my lack of creativity, I’m sticking with the stock name for Porcupine-Hair here. The same suggestion for names applies, if I get any good ones, I can go back and change it.

user posted image

And for a Nuzlocke run at that. Actually, that reminds me, I need to lay down the ground rules. First and foremost, the basic rules for a Nuzlocke:

1. You can only capture the first Pokémon on a route or area you encounter in the wild. No exceptions. (Option taken: Dupes Clause; any evolutionary lines already caught can be skipped, treating the next Pokémon as the “first encounter.”)

2. If a Pokémon faints, it is considered dead. Release it or permanently box it. No exceptions. (Option taken: Permanently Box)

3. All caught Pokémon must be nicknamed. (Technically optional, but I’m going with it anyway.)

Those are the rules I’m playing with, and that’s what I have to stick to for the entire run of this game. No limit on healing items, no limit on Pokémon Center trips, no level caps, nothing but the bare-bones Nuzlocke run. And no, I’m not going to try and make this harder until I’ve made at least one successful run all the way to the championship, which has yet to happen on any Nuzlocke attempt thus far.

user posted image

With that out of the way, we have a wide world to explore, so let’s get at it!

user posted image

Here we are at the start of the game. If you’re going to play along with me, Dray recommends you save your game (within the actual system, not just as a save state) at the earliest possible time, which happens to be now, so that’s what I’ve done. Okay, time to go talk to Mom.

user posted image

I’ve heard of her yeah. Lemme guess, she wants to give me a Pokédex and a starter Pokémon and send me out into the Unova region on a journey to collect data on as many Pokémon as I can lay my eyes on.

Mom: …Wow, yes, that’s exactly it. How did you know?

Oh, don’t look so surprised. This wouldn’t be a Nuzlocke run if I hadn’t already done this a few times.

Mom: A what-locke?

Never mind. So she’s sent someone to give me this stuff?

user posted image

…Wait, what!? The professor sent the hopeless airhead to give me this stuff!?

Mom: Uh-

What is she thinking!? The girl’s first decision as a Pokémon trainer mercilessly destroyed a kid’s bedroom!

Mom: …?

...Er, so I’ve heard.

Mom: Are you feeling alright, sweetie?

I’m fine, Mom. This is what the internet does to people.

Mom: Okay… Well, I don’t entirely understand what your problem is with her, but she’s the only one here with your “starter kit”, so to speak.

Ugh, fine, I guess I’ll have to risk it and hope for the best. She can’t be all that hard to spot, with that giant green beret of hers.

Mom: You have your bag and your Xtransciever, right?

Yes, Mom, you can call me day or night. See ya!

user posted image

Oh, hey Hugh! Hi, Sara! (We’ll assume that’s what his little sister’s name is.) Actually, I was just on my way to get one. Professor Juniper sent someone to give me one.

Sara: Woow! That’s so cool! Make sure you take good care of it, okay?

Hugh: …

Of course I will, Sara! …Um, Hugh, what’s with the look?

Hugh: Hm? Oh, nothing. Sara, head home, okay? I’m gonna head up with Kyna to see her new Pokémon.

Sara: Okay! Bye Kyna! *runs off*

Cute kid.

Hugh: Yeah…

You sure you’re okay?

Hugh: Yeah, I’m fine. Well, what are we waiting for? Let’s go meet your new Pokémon!

To be honest, I don’t feel too crazy about it just yet.

Hugh: What? Why not? This is your first ever Pokémon! You should be excited!

I know, I know, but… well, for one thing… I don’t want to sound rude, but…

user posted image

Do you have to walk with me like we’re on a date?

Hugh: Oh. Sorry.

No big deal. That’s not the real reason anyway. The big reason is that the professor sent a hopeless airhead to give me this starter.

Hugh: Hey, that’s not very nice to say!

The girl’s first decision as a Pokémon trainer wrecked a kid’s room, and she couldn’t even keep her Munna from being kidnapped by Team Plasma. And save for N and the Seven Sages, those guys were pathetic. As far as I’m concerned, “hopeless airhead” is putting it nicely.

Hugh: Yikes. That bad, huh?

You have no idea. Hey, wait a-

user posted image

Who the heck is this guy?

Hugh: Dunno, but he looks like he wants you to come over and talk to him.

Hugh: You think this is a good idea?

Nope.

Hugh: Think he might be a creepy stalker wanting to get in your pants?

Yep.

Hugh: You gonna talk to him anyway?

Kinda have to. He’s blocking the way to the one place Bianca would probably go in this city.

Hugh: Why do I hang out with you?

Just back me up, you freaking coward.

user posted image

Dude, I don’t want anything to have to do with your key or how you bear it. Get out of my way, or I’m gonna have you taste the bottom of my shoe. Violently.

user posted image

Keys? In the plural? What freak of nature are you!? I swear to Arceus, if you don’t back the hell up right now, I’m gonna-

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Oh, those kinds of keys! Yeah, that I’m perfectly okay with. For those not familiar with Black and White 2, these keys can basically be traded between the systems to unlock different features on each copy of the game. In the respective isolated games, Black 2 would get Challenge mode, Black City, and Registeel, while White 2 would get Easy mode, White Forest, and Regice. To get access to any feature while on the opposite system, you’d have to transfer the key(s) in question between the games to unlock them. In this hack, however, you’re basically given all of them at once, hence the reason we needed a save file so damn early; if we didn’t have one before this point, the keys’ data would have nowhere to go. We don’t have the keys to the Regi trio yet, though; that will come later when we actually find the place to catch them in the Unova region.

Oh, and don’t worry about that last one. It unlocks White Forest, trust me, it just looks a little weird.

user posted image

Well, that idiot stalker finally left, and he wasn’t looking for rape after all.

Hugh: Yeah, that’s a relief. I was hoping I wasn’t gonna have to punch him.

Says the man who hid behind my skirt.

Hugh: Don’t you have a Pokémon to get!?

Oh, right!

user posted image

Ohhhhhhhhhh, right. Well, time to suck it up and see what disaster this clueless airhead has in store for me. Excuse me!

user posted image

…Yep, you’re Bianca alright.

Bianca: Oh, you’ve heard of me?

Unfortunately, yes.

user posted image

…Hon, you’re looking at her.

Bianca: Oh! You’re Kyna! You’re just like I heard about!

Not sure whether I should consider that a good thing. Anyway, let’s get down to brass tacks before something gets wrecked or stolen. I believe you have something for me?

Bianca: Yep! First order of business, pick your Pokémon!

Sweet, let’s see what we got here.

user posted image

First up is Tepig, the Fire-type starter Pokémon. Now before you guys start calling heresy on me for even considering picking this guy up simply because it’s the third Fire-Fighting-type starter in a row, let me assure you that this is no longer the case in this hack. He now becomes a Fire-Ground-type, which is pretty unique and pretty fitting. I think there’s only a handful of other Pokémon with that typing. He also gets a boost in almost all of his base stats as the final evolution, save for Speed (which doesn’t change) and Special Attack (which actually gets lowered). Alongside Blaze, he also has a 50% chance of having the ability Thick Fat, which changes into Adaptability at the final evolution.

user posted image

Next is the Grass-starter, Snivy. I’ve actually used this guy in playthroughs of this hack before, though never in a Nuzlocke. He can get the ability Contrary instead of Overgrow, which can be very useful in defense but make some moves downright useless offensively. In addition, its final evolution gains the Dragon type, and has gotten base stat boosts in HP and Speed at that final level, though they don’t count for much.

user posted image

Finally is the crowd favorite, Oshawott. What is it with people and the Water-type starters? Anyway, this thing will actually gain the Fighting type after it evolves, which is very interesting indeed. Instead of Torrent, it can end up having the ability Shell Armor, and its final evolution gets small boosts in its base Special Attack and Speed stats.

What I have neglected to mention thus far is the changes to their movesets; I’ll show that becoming more relevant when the time comes for these Pokémon, but let’s just say there’s a substantial change.

Welp, there’s my choices. But which one to choose…

That’s it for this session, guys. Please post your suggestions below for:

1. A good name for Kyna

2. A good name for Hugh

3. Which starter to pick

4. What to name said starter

I’ll be looking at all the suggestions before the next session, so until then!

--------------------
PM
^
DoubleXXCross
 Posted: May 26 2013, 02:55 PM
Experienced

N/A

Group: Resident Artist
Member No.: 2

Hmmm... how about Fia for the girl?

--------------------
Cat - the girl who leapt through meta / Sonic - the hedgehog chasing ghosts
Yugi - the boy who tempers darkness / Journals - the words remembered most
PM Email
^
Katana9992
 Posted: May 26 2013, 04:29 PM
Explorer

N/A

Member No.: 9

Ooh, this sounds like a blast. Right, here we go:

1. Leia, because dammit the hairstyle vaguely reminds me of Star Wars.
2. Leeroy, because he charges in blindly.
3. It must be Snivy, good sah.
4. Iunno, something regal sounding, if male or female.

--------------------
3DS FRIEND CODE: 2191-7867-2485
PM
^
Lancereiger
 Posted: May 26 2013, 04:43 PM
Experienced

N/A

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 5

Sounds interesting. For my suggestions:

1. Leave as is. Kyna's a great name.
2. Leeroy or Runcible. Not sure why the latter.
3. Snivy!
4. Amelio Guantarla Fellimino Centurion Zephyrios Duragon the 23rd. ...Okay fine just Ferdinand then. tongue.gif

Good luck in this challenge!

--------------------
New Forum, New Heroes! Where will our adventures take us?

Roster:
Lance A Kamen Rider and His Blob.
Cexlan Anomalous Jacka**.
Dekar The Undying Knight.
Bass The Perfect Robot Master.
Shaia The Inventor Interference.
PM
^
Blaizokaran
 Posted: May 27 2013, 04:38 PM
Survivor

N/A

And here we go for part two of the Blaze Black 2 Nuzlocke!

SPOILER(Show/Hide)

Thanks to everyone who put in their suggestions for names and Pokémon to choose. I’ve considered them all and made my decisions.

user posted image

I’m changing our female protagonist’s name to Fia. Thanks, Dee!

user posted image

You guys seem to like the name Leeroy for the spiky-haired kid here, so there we go!

And now the moment of truth: the starter Pokémon I pick is…

Smugleaf the Snivy! Yeah, I wasn’t crazy about any of the names given for Snivy, so I decided to just be a complete smartass and give it the nickname it had on the internet prior to Black and White’s release.

user posted image

Sweet! My one handy tool for figuring out things about Pokémon I meet! Other than the documents for this game, of course.

Bianca: You wanna know what it does?

…Bianca, only you didn’t know what the Pokédex did by this point starting out. It’s such a common item for trainers.

Bianca: Oh… right.

Are you gonna cry? Because I’m out of here if you’re gonna cry.

user posted image

I was just leaving, Leeroy. Come on, let’s get going.

user posted image

…You can’t be serious. You don’t know what this is?

Bianca: It’s a Pokédex! You can record information on every Pokémon you see and capture with this device!

Leeroy: ...

Wait, what? Since when is a Pokédex something you can just ask for?

Leeroy: If I have a Pokédex, I can learn more about the Pokémon of this world… That’ll make me stronger, right?

In a sense, maybe, but unless you know how to use that informa- WHY AM I EVEN CONSIDERING THIS!? You can’t just ask for a Pokédex, it has to be given to you!

user posted image

Oh, right, intros. Leeroy, meet the professor’s assistant. Bianca, this is my childhood friend, Leeroy.

Leeroy: ‘Sup.

Bianca: Pleasure. Now why do you want a Pokédex again?

…Didn’t we just-

Leeroy: I’m going to travel all over Unova with my Pokémon partner to find something very important to me.

…This is the obligatory rival setup scene, isn’t it.

user posted image

Called it.

Bianca: I don’t really get it, but going on a journey is always good!

…No, not always. There’s running away from home, running from the law, skipping out on debts, leaving the check for someone else to pick up…

Bianca: Anyway, I just happen to have another one on me!

Wait, are you serious!? You actually carried two of those things here?

Bianca: Pokémon distribution has really changed compared to two years ago. The more, the merrier.

Fan-freaking-tastic.

user posted image

Welp, I better get started on my journey. Catch up with you later, Leeroy.

user posted image

…This is exactly what I think it is, isn’t it.

user posted image

Yep, it is.

user posted image

RIVAL BATTLE TIME!

user posted image

Yes, because this is such a fair matchup. Ah, well. Let’s check this little guy out to see how well he stacks up.

user posted image

OH HELL YES! Contrary for the win, baby! Count in the fact that nobody has STAB moves and this battle’s gonna be a cinch!

user posted image

…As soon as I say something.

user posted image

Heh. Idiot used Tail Whip. I love Contrary sometimes.

user posted image

And that’s all she wrote!

user posted image

LEVEL UP

Leeroy: Dammit, I lost… Battling trainers is different than battling wild Pokémon.

No shit, Sherlock.

Leeroy: Well, whatever. I’m just happy to know you’re a trainer I can count on! Cool. I’m heading out first! Get stronger! *heads off*

I’M THE ONE WHO’S SUPPOSED TO SAY THAT TO YOU! YOU’RE THE ONE WHO LOST!

user posted image

Don’t encourage him.

Bianca: Come on, let’s go heal this little guy up at the Pokémon Center.

Wow, that’s… actually a pretty good idea. Maybe you do have some sense in you.

Bianca: What was that?

Nothing!

user posted image

Sweet. A little slice of home away from home.

Bianca: Let’s head inside and I’ll show you around!

…You do realize this is where I get my groceries, right?

user posted image

Ah, the good old Pokémon Center. I can’t believe it took people until two years ago to figure out having the PokéMart in here instead of as its own separate building would bring in more business.

Bianca: Have you ever needed to heal a Pokémon before?

Do I look like I’ve owned a battling Pokémon before now?

Bianca: …Good point. Here, let me walk you through it.

Again, no shit Sherlock. Now how do I get them healed?

user posted image

Oh, thanks, Nurse Joy! Here you go!

user posted image

I assume the flashing lights means it’s working?

Nurse Joy: Yep!

Cool.

Nurse Joy: And here’s your Smugleaf back.

How you feeling, buddy?

Smugleaf: Just great, thanks. Also, what was the point of putting me up against that sorry excuse of a Tepig? You were taking quite a bit of a gamble there, accepting that fight when the only Pokémon you had was at a type disadvantage.

Oh, stuff it, you won, didn’t you? Besides, first order of business is going to be recruiting more members to our team so that doesn’t happen again.

Smugleaf: Fair enough.

Bianca: Next, I’ll explain the PC!

…Did you just imply I didn’t know how to use a computer?

Bianca: …Um, actually, you seem to know the rest well enough, so I’m just going to let you finish up your business here and meet you outside. *leaves*

That’s what I thought. You’re learning, Bianca.

Bianca: *comes back* Actually, wait! I have something else for you!

Oh, really?

Gee, than- SWEET ARCEUS! Did you just hand me thirty Poké Balls?

Bianca: Yep! Special present from Dray!

.....SWEET.

Bianca: Meet me out by the first route and I’ll show you how to use them! *leaves*

Bianca, I already know how a Poké Ball wo- oh, forget it, I’ll humor her. In the meantime, though…

SPOILER(Show/Hide)

user posted image

I am in desperate need of Potions before I go on this trip. Okay, with those bought, time to head out!

user posted image

Huh? Mom, Sara, what are you doing here?

Mom: Just seeing you off dear. Oh, you picked the Snivy?

Smugleaf: Senior Smugleaf, at your service, miss.

Mom: Hee hee. Looking good! Oh! I almost forgot! Take these, dear!

user posted image

Oh, sweet! Running shoes! I was getting kinda tired of walking in these flats. *puts shoes on*

Smugleaf: A cool look… for a human, I guess.

Mom: Now you and Snivy-

Smugleaf: AHEM!

Mom: -I mean, Smugleaf, can run anywhere you want!

Why are you being a stickler about being called the nickname I gave you?

Smugleaf: Because it’s what sets me apart!

It’s a smartass name!

Smugleaf: Yes, but it’s my smartass name!

Ugh, there’s no talking to you about this, is there. Ah, well.

Sara: Um… This is from me!

Hm?

user posted image

Two Town Maps? Why two?

Sara: Could you give the other one to my big brother, please? I wanna make sure he doesn’t get lost.

Smugleaf: Of course we will, little one. This guide will make it to him safe and sound, you have my word.

She’s taller than you, and you’re calling her little?

Smugleaf: Oh, stuff it.

Bianca: Aw, you guys! C’mon, let’s head for Route 19 so I can teach you how to catch a Pokémon! *runs ahead*

I already know how to do th- oh, screw it.

Mom: Bon voyage!

Bye, Mom! See you later, Sara!

Sara: Bye, Fia. Bye, Smuggy!

Smugleaf: Farewell!

user posted image

Welp, here we go! You ready, Smugleaf?

Smugleaf: As ready as I’ll ever be.

user posted image

Smugleaf: Without what exactly?

Median Lady: Oh! You have your own Pokémon now!

Yep! Meet Smugleaf, my new starter.

Smugleaf: A pleasure, I’m sure.

user posted image

Wait, what? You didn’t have to do that for me…

Smugleaf: Just take it, Fia. If it isn’t useful, we can always sell it later.

Oh, alright.

user posted image

WHOA! A bike!? You didn’t have to go that expensive for me!

Median Lady: I figured if I was going to give you something, it might as well be something worthwhile. Go on, take it.

W-wow, thank you so much! This is huge!

Median Lady: *smiling* Now go on, you little scamps, get out of here!

Thanks again!

user posted image

Wow! That was incredibly nice of her!

Smugleaf: Never mind your incredibly cool gift, let’s go and meet Bianca! If we don’t get this tutorial stuff done soon, we may never get rid of her.

…Wow, that’s a sobering thought. Thanks, Smugleaf.

Smugleaf: Anytime.

user posted image

I’m coming, I’m coming!

user posted image

No kidding. Is that when you started out?

Bianca: Hehe, yeah. Ended up completely destroying one of my best friends’ rooms that day, too.

I’ve heard. So, how to catch a Pokémon.

Bianca: Right. You already know about filling Pokédex pages. So I’ll show you how to catch a Pokémon! Starting… NOW!

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Bianca: That’s all there is to it! You can also make wild Pokémon fall asleep or paralyze them to make them even easier to catch.

Good to know. I think I have everything I need now. I should probably get this extra Town Map to Leeroy.

Bianca: Okay! Keep going this way to get to Floccesy Town. Bye now! *heads off*

Oh, FINALLY, we’re alone.

Smugleaf: Indeed. Now how’s about we get our first new recruit?

Good idea. Let’s see what we get.

user posted image

Oh, cool! A Caterpie!

Smugleaf: Maybe not so cool. This thing comes packing Bug-type moves. If you’re not careful, we could be ending this challenge ridiculously early.

Would you relax? I got plenty of potions and this thing is only level 2! How much damage could it possibly cause?

user posted image

Smugleaf: Okay, maybe I was worrying over nothing. If this thing is stupid enough to try and use String Shot on me instead of a regular attack, this should be a cinch.

That’s the spirit! Pokéball time!

Got ‘em!

user posted image

Ooh, what to nickname this thing? Umm…

user posted image

You know what, I’m gonna go with Monarch. That fits, right?

Smugleaf: Yeah, when he finally becomes a Butterfree.

You’d be surprised how fast that comes, Smugleaf.

Smugleaf: True. Well, now there’s only one thing to do.

What’s that?

Smugleaf: Train the little guy until he’s up to snuff.

CUE OFFSCREEN TRAINING MONTAGE

And that’s it for this time, guys! I’m gonna train these two up to a decent level before heading to the next town. Don’t worry, no cheating in this Nuzlocke run! You’ll see the full results of said training at the start of my next post! Till then!

Current Team:
SPOILER(Show/Hide)

Smugleaf:

Monarch:

--------------------
PM
^
Katana9992
 Posted: May 28 2013, 03:50 AM
Explorer

N/A

Ah, the fun part of the Nuzlocke run- limited 'mon choice. Well, at least Caterpie seems somewhat usable in this version. And Smugleaf is just win, and henceforth must troll the game's AI with his ability!

Also, how would one go about running this hack?

--------------------
PM
^
Blaizokaran
 Posted: May 28 2013, 07:34 AM
Survivor

N/A

QUOTE (Katana9992 @ May 28 2013, 02:50 AM)
Ah, the fun part of the Nuzlocke run- limited 'mon choice. Well, at least Caterpie seems somewhat usable in this version. And Smugleaf is just win, and henceforth must troll the game's AI with his ability!

Also, how would one go about running this hack?

The hack is specifically for DS emulators and ROM copies of the Black and White 2 games. They're generally found online, just give them a Google search and you should find the ROM and hack respectively. Find the hack first, though; it gives information as to what you should be looking for in the ROMs it will actually work with, as well as instructions on how to install it. As far as emulators, I personally use DeSmuME, but any of the DS emulators should work (unless there was something in the paperwork I'm forgetting). Gotta warn you, though, unless you have a decently powerful rig for games, expect lag somewhere, even with adjusted settings. The only place I don't get it is in buildings, and I'm playing this on a computer that was ready to play games straight out of the box.

--------------------
PM
^
Katana9992
 Posted: May 28 2013, 03:35 PM
Explorer

N/A

Thank you, good sir! I await the next update with barely restrained glee!

--------------------
PM
^
Blaizokaran
 Posted: May 30 2013, 08:48 PM
Survivor

N/A

And here we go for part three of my Blaze Black 2 Nuzlocke series! Bit of a note: due to the cause of technical difficulties in getting the last session up, I’m gonna try to not go as long in future episodes. Apparently fifty images are all a single post on this forum can handle, and the spoiler tags don’t transfer in between two posts. Also, I’ll be including some information after this session about the Pokémon in our team and notable Pokémon we fought.

SPOILER(Show/Hide)

So when we last left off, I had started training, and guess what happened while I was doing that.

user posted image

Monarch evolved into a Metapod! Yes, apparently Caterpie evolve even quicker than I was expecting. I thought I was going to have to go for another level before I hit that stage.

user posted image

So, yeah. Both of my current Pokémon are up to level 7. Sweet. Time to finally get to the end of this route.

user posted image

Smugleaf: You had us training our tails off until nightfall. Thanks a bunch, master.

Monarch: Hey, at least you can still move around.

Oh, come on, guys. It’s not like this training isn’t going to pay off in the long run. Besides, I had to get Monarch up to snuff.

Monarch: And now I’m stuck in an immobile shell.

You do realize that’s only going to last for, what, three levels?

Monarch: THEN WHY DID YOU STOP WHEN YOU DID!?

I didn’t want to get too overpowered! Where’s the fun in a Nuzlocke if you don’t take a little risk?

Smugleaf: Success, maybe?

Quiet, you. Anyway, let’s just get to the next town.

user posted image

Smugleaf: A couple of travelers with nothing but useless tutorial tips to say.

At least in the first Black and White games I got a free potion out of the deal. These guys are just useless.

user posted image

Monarch: Speak of the devil, and he appeareth.

Don’t you be calling Potions the devil – they’ll save your life more than once on this trip, I guarantee it.

user posted image user posted image

…Very nice, Johnny Test. Can I get to town now?

Alder: I’m a trainer with a keen interest in the world. One of my goals is to tell people about how wonderful it is to walk toward the future together with Pokémon.

Preaching to the choir, buddy.

user posted image

HOLY HELL! You trying to break your legs, old man!?

user posted image

…Um, the name’s Fia. This is Smugleaf and Monarch.

Smugleaf: A pleasure.

Monarch: Hello.

We just came from my home in Asperita.

Alder: Hmph! So you’re Fia from Asperita City!

…Mr. Redundancy, I see.

Alder: Your Metapod is a fine-looking Pokémon!

Monarch: Thank you!

Smugleaf: What, no love for the starter!?

Alder: But you’re not exactly a seasoned trainer yet…

Watch what you say, old man. I just saw this shelled beast rip though fifty wild ones as a worm.

Monarch: Caterpillar!

Whatever.

Alder: Indeed! I’ll train you a little! Follow me! *walks ahead*

Wait, what?

user posted image

Finally made it to Floccesy Town, but what the heck does this old man want to train me for?

Smugleaf: Let’s face it, kid, you’re not exactly in tip-top shape with only two level 7 Pokémon to your name.

But we’ve been doing just fine on our own.

Monarch: So far. I say we stick with him for a while, see what we can learn from him.

You just want to stay with him because he complimented you.

Monarch: So?

user posted image

Yeah, they’re in perfect health, why?

Alder: Your Pokémon are always doing their best for you, the trainer, so you must always be kind to them.

Smugleaf: Hear tha-

HE MEANS WITHIN REASON.

Alder: My house is just a little farther! Stop by the Pokémon Center first if you’d like! *walks into town*

Actually, that’s not a bad idea. They might have Heal Balls.

user posted image

…Or they might have crappy mail that I have absolutely zero use for. Ah, well. Next town, then. In the meantime, let’s see if any of the locals are feeling charitable.

user posted image

Hopefully in the future, we can get better hauls than just one Potion in the whole darned town.

user posted image

Sure, why not? I just hope you don’t have any Fire or Flying types to use against me, because there’s not a lot I can do against those.

Alder: By the way… why are you holding two Town Maps?

Oh, one of them is for my friend, Leeroy. Favor to his little sister.

Alder: Oho! It’s your friend’s Town Map, is it? Your friend is the one with the Tepig, isn’t he?

Smugleaf: Hmph! That sorry excuse for a Fire-type isn’t even worth mentioning!

Stuff it, Smugleaf! This guy could be packing Heatran for all we know!

Alder: It just so happens he was training with his Pokémon on Route 20…

Really? I better catch up to him quick, then! This training session will have to wait!

Alder: Indeed! I’ll be here when you get back!

user posted image

Thanks, I’ll be back in a flash!

user posted image

Okay, new route means new Pokémon to catch! Time to go see what we can get!

Monarch: Yay! New partner!

Smugleaf: New training fodder. Happy day!

user posted image

…Oh, right. Random trainer battles. Alright, let the ass-whooping begin!

Just raking in the dough!

user posted image

Alright, new grassy area. Let’s see what we can get. And our lucky winner is…

user posted image

…Patrat. Great. I’ll be honest, I only like Patrat as an HM slave. The dude freaking sucks in a fight.

Smugleaf: Don’t have a choice now. We need the numbers.

Yeah, true. We’re never getting past the first gym with just you two walking fire hazards, anyway. Alright, let’s capture this guy.

user posted image

…Well THAT was piss easy. Now what to nickname him…

user posted image

I’m gonna go with Turner, because his buck teeth remind me of Timmy from Fairly OddParents. Let’s take a quick run back to the Pokémon Center, get him healed up, and take a look at our newest member.

Keen Eye, huh? Well, it’s definitely useable.

Smugleaf: My Contrary ability still beats it by a mile.

Turner: Excuse me for being the weakling of the group. Patrat are only good in packs.

Monarch: Aw, don’t get so down, Turner. Maybe your evolution will be better.

I doubt it. He gets some good moves, hack or no, but in the original game, he never got the stats to back them up.

Smugleaf: Has that changed?

Dunno, lemme check. Hmm… Well, Watchog does get a bit of a boost, they can both learn Sucker Punch when we find the TM for it, and he’ll eventually get Zen Headbutt depending on when we let him evolve… He could be useful, but I’m not holding my breath.

Smugleaf: What about us?

Monarch: Yeah, you were never specific with the changes that happened to us!

Alright, alright, lemme take a look. Well, not a lot changes for Smugleaf as far as stats until he becomes fully evolved. Once you hit that, though, all bets are off. Speed boost, HP boost, you gain the Dragon type, and you can now learn Draco Meteor, Earthquake, and Dig through TMs and Tutors. Move changes are aplenty. Dragon Rage at level 17, Dragon Tail at level 28, DragonBreath at level 36, the list goes on.

Monarch, you don’t get any changes to your stats until the last evolution as well, though you change abilities with each evolution. Loving that Battle Armor ability you got, by the way.

Monarch: Only perk this damn shell has.

Your last ability looks to be Tinted Lens, and you get boosts in all of your stats except for physical Attack. We’ve already hit some new moves, too. You still have Bug Bite and Struggle Bug, and you already gained Electroweb. Move changes after that don’t come until, again, your final evolution, but you have a lot added. Air Cutter, Giga Drain, Air Slash, Baton Pass, Hurricane… Looks like you can even learn Bug Buzz. I think I’m gonna get a lot of mileage out of you.

Monarch: I’m not a car.

Oh, you know what I meant. Anyway, we gotta get to training up Turner.

Turner: Ho boy…

Monarch: Get ready, Turner, she works us until nightfall.

Ah, maybe not today. I’m almost caught up with Leeroy, after all.

Smugleaf: Joy. I get to see the worthless walking bacon again.

user posted image

Ooh, a Paralyze Heal.

Monarch: Exactly what it says on the tin, I expect.

Smugleaf: Indeed.

…You’re kidding, right? I saw some preschoolers down there. How bad can it be? Ah, whatever. At least I know Leeroy isn’t down this way. Let’s try that ranch across the river.

user posted image

That is just teasing! Do I really have to wait until it’s the season of fall to get that? That’s in, like, two months! I’ll have forgotten about it by then! Grr…

user posted image

Here we go. Floccesy Ranch, a new area. And you all know what that means!

Smugleaf, Monarch, and Turner: New party member!

Let’s see what we get!

user posted image

A Riolu! I can use that!

Turner: Yeah, but uh, doesn’t this thing come packing Fighting-type moves? Shouldn’t I, you know, switch out?

…Yeah, good point. Okay, Monarch, wall this guy for me.

Monarch: You got it.

…Okay, first time that’s happened so far.

user posted image

Stubborn, are we? Monarch, hit it with one of your Bug-type attacks.

user posted image

OH YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME! Dang it, I wanted that one!

Smugleaf: Kinda needed it, actually. Isn’t the first gym Normal-type?

…Oh, crap, that’s right. Cheren teaches at the school back in my hometown, which is where the first gym is. Dang it, I really needed him!

Monarch: Well, nothing we can do about it now. Floccesy Ranch is closed off to us for Pokémon to catch.

Well, doesn’t mean we can’t train up on them. Let’s go find Leeroy quick.

user posted image

Monarch: …Wow, that was quick.

Leeroy: All right! Let’s see how much stronger you’ve become! Come at me!

Wait, what!? I’m not even fully healed right now! Oh, crap, this could be bad…

user posted image

RIVAL BATTLE

Thankfully, I think I have some paperwork on these fights. Let’s see what he has… a Lv. 8 Taillow… And Tepig’s Lv. 10, he’s got an Oran Berry, and… Oh crap. Ember. That’s going to be the BANE of this team.

Turner: Could I take him out?

Are you kidding? You’re Lv. 6 still! In fact, pretty much everyone is underleveled for this fight! I’m in trouble…

user posted image

…Crap, now what do I do. Turner, you’re gonna have to lead this one. You’re the only one who won’t die instantly to that Ember attack.

Turner: My time to shine!

user posted image

Turner: I… I did it! I took out a starter Pokémon three levels above me!

Yeah, it took all but one of my potions to do, but we beat this bastard. Thank you lord.

user posted image

Not bad yourself.

Leeroy: You’re thinking about how to bring out your Pokémon’s strength.

Smugleaf: More like how to get us killed. I could have fought, but it would have been suicide since I don’t have anything to handle a Fire-type or Flying-type yet.

Leeroy: Whatever. I should be able to count on you for backup!

Yeah, just don’t let me forget my Potions.

Leeroy: What are you doing up here, anyway?

Well, you were right about the training bit, but I also wanted to give you this Town Map from Sara.

Leeroy: *takes his Town Map* Tch… She didn’t have to do that…

Just take it with some grace, will you?

Leeroy: Thanks to you, too. We just left, and you’ve already helped me out.

No problem!

user posted image

Uh, yeah. Could have easily lost, too. I take it you’re the owners?

Ranch Owner: Yep!

Owner’s Wife: You should keep your Pokémon healthy and happy, right? Here, I’ll give you this!

Hm?

user posted image

Oh, cool! Don’t have any Pokémon it would be especially useful on, but I’ll definitely use it eventually! Thanks!

Wife: And one for you! *gives Soothe Bell to Leeroy*

Owner: By the way, you didn’t happen to see a Herdier around here, did you? I can’t figure out where it went. Our two Herdier are always together and this is the first time one has wandered off, so I’m a little worried…

Something’s supposed to smell about this, isn-

Leeroy: You’re a little worried? Are you KIDDING me?! Your Pokémon might be lost forever!

Whoa! What berserk button just got pushed on you!?

Leeroy: Whatever! I’ll look! Fia! Help out! *runs further into the ranch*

What the- HEY! Do you even know your way around this place!? Oh, forget it. There’s something he isn’t telling me, isn’t there.

Turner: No doubt.

Monarch: We’ll have to find out what it is, sooner or later. Even I can tell this is odd behavior for him, and I haven’t known him for that long.

Smugleaf: Has me worried, honestly. Last time we saw Sara, there was this weird look on her face, like she was recalling something unpleasant.

So that’s why you were so quick to reassure her. Well, we’ll find out what’s going on soon enough.

That’s gotta be it for this time, guys. I’m gonna train these guys into the early teens for levels before the next post, so watch for that. Until next time!
Current team:
SPOILER(Show/Hide)

Smugleaf: Lv. 9
Ability: Contrary
Tackle
Leer
Vine Whip

Monarch: Lv. 8
Ability: Battle Armor
Tackle
Electroweb
Bug Bite
Struggle Bug

Turner: Lv. 8
Ability: Keen Eye
Tackle
Leer
Bite
Bide

Pokémon Paperwork:
SPOILER(Show/Hide)

Snivy Line:
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
user posted image

Caterpie Line:
user posted image user posted image user posted image

Patrat Line:
user posted image

Leeroy’s Team:
user posted image

--------------------
PM
^
DoubleXXCross
 Posted: Aug 11 2013, 11:58 AM
Experienced

N/A

I'm posting because you need to break up the parts.

Also, I darn well hope you get a chance at another Riolu.

--------------------
PM Email
^
Blaizokaran
 Posted: Aug 12 2013, 10:23 PM
Survivor

N/A

And we're finally back with the fourth session of the Nuzlocke. Sorry this took so long, I actually had posting this up put on the back burner for awhile.

SPOILER(Show/Hide)
Alright, so I was training again, and just as I was getting everyone up to level 10, guess what happened.

Monarch finally evolved into Butterfree!

Monarch: Yes, I finally resemble my namesake. Plus, I can fly. I feel awesome right now!

user posted image

So, yeah, that’s my team for the start of this episode. Let’s head after Leeroy.

Smugleaf: Yes, considering it’s been two bloody months since we last talked to him, and we were supposed to be looking for a lost Herdier.

Quiet, you.

user posted image

Before I forget, when I did the snapshots for this session, the month had been fall, so I decided to do some exploring in areas I couldn’t reach on Route 20. Apparently that item that had been teasing me that whole time was just a Poké Ball.

user posted image

Oh, and there was a Potion back here.

user posted image

Also, I didn’t manage to get a screenshot of it, but it is really easy to get stuck in these leaves in random places. Anyway, let’s get back to searching for that Herdier up in Floccesy Ranch.

Turner: Maybe you could ask that girl over there if she’s seen it?

What, you mean the one spinning in circles at the four corners of the square she’s walking the border for? …Not sure if I want to talk to someone like that, but alright.

user posted image

Oh, you be a trainer, do ye? Have at thee, then!

Monarch: Erm… what’s with the pirate talk all of a sudden?

Dunno, just felt like it.

ONE ROYAL ASS-KICKING LATER

user posted image

Alright, time to get back to finding that Herdier.

Turner: Check in that little area beyond the fenced-off grass!

Huh? There’s no Herdier here, but-

user posted image

Ooh! This’ll be useful! How the heck did you spot this?

Turner: *stupidly grins*

…Never mind. Hey, Leeroy! Doesn’t look like the dog is up front anywhere.

Leeroy: Think we should check farther back?

Probably. If I know dogs at all, I’d bet it wandered back here thinking there was little risk involved, this being its marked territory.

Leeroy: Good point. Let’s check.

You check the east side, I’ll take the west.

Leeroy: Got it.

Here, Herdier! Here boy! Where are you, you little- Huh? Who’s that old man?

user posted image

Smugleaf: …Time to have some fun?

Indeed.

ONE CURB-STOMPING LATER

Well, he didn’t know where the Herdier was. Better go and see if he’s further east. If I know Leeroy, he missed something.

Leeroy: What was that?

GAH! Jeez, dude, don’t do that to me!

Leeroy: Sorry…

user posted image

Oh?

user posted image

….Leeroy, how long have you been holding onto this?

Leeroy: Since back at home.

And you only just now thought to give it to me?

Leeroy: Um… yes?

Leeroy: ….

…I’ll let it slide for now. Right now, we have a Herdier to find.

Leeroy: …Right. *takes off east to keep searching*

Alright, Herdier, Herdier, where could you be?

Random Trainer: Hey there!

What the-!

user posted image

Everyone: *spouts evil grins*

ONE FLOOR-WIPING LATER

user posted image

This is seriously all you were guarding the way to? I can’t even use it on anyone!

Turner: Not that you’d want to, given our current movesets.

…Hm. Touché. HERDIER! COME ON, MUTT, WHERE ARE YOU!?

user posted image

Oh, finally, a response!

user posted image

Yeah, it sounds like it’s coming from thataway. I’ll track it down, you get the owners!

Leeroy: Right!

user posted image

Sweet another Poti- LEEROY!

Leeroy: Gah, what!?

GO!

Leeroy: Oh, right, right! *runs off*

Smugleaf: The brains of a Psyduck, that one.

Ay yi yi…

user posted image

Found you!

Monarch: And that dude in black looks none too friendly…

Get ready for a fight, guys.

Goon in Black: You would dare mess in Team Plasma’s affairs?

Team Plasma? Weren’t you guys disbanded, like, two years ago after your king got his butt kicked by a dude chosen by Reshiram?

Plasma Goon: Indeed, but not all of us became completely inactive.

Clearly. What were you trying to do to this happy little Herdier, anyway? “Liberate” it?

Plasma Goon: JUST SHUT UP ALREADY! *throws something at Fia*

user posted image

What the- a TM? Heh, and the one for the move that gets more powerful the less the Pokémon likes the Trainer, no less. How fitting.

Plasma Goon: Grr, that’s it… I’m outta here! *runs off*

Hey, not so-! …Fast. Dang, that dude can run.

user posted image

Oh, hey guys! Found the Herdier!

Leeroy: Next time, keep better track of your Pokémon!

…Jeez, Leeroy, what Bug-type crawled up your ass?

Leeroy: Grr, just… Nothing. *walks off*

Turner: Okay, something is going on.

We’ll find out in time, Turner. For now, we have some last minute details to wrap up.

Owner: How did you find him, anyway? What happened?

Sir, trust me, you don’t want to know. Just keep an eye out for some dudes in black from now on, okay?

Owner: …Well, alright… I’ll trust you on this. There’s one thing I gotta ask you, though.

What’s that?

Owner: Where did you get those skills? Have you been training with Alder?

*embarrassed blush* Oh, well, that was nothi- OH CRAP! I had completely forgotten!

Owner: Huh?

Sorry, dude, but I gotta run! See ya!

Smugleaf: What was that all about?

Alder! We completely forgot about him!

Monarch: Oh, that’s right! He really should see me in my Butterfree form!

…He complimented you once, and now all of a sudden you act like you’re in love?

Monarch: W-what!? NO! Of course not! That would be bestiality!

Hm. So you say. Anyway, that’s not why I want to go back. We still gotta train with him!

Turner: Oh, yeah! I completely forgot he offered that!

Yeah. Let’s hurry back.

user posted image

*huff* *huff* Yeah… Sorry… For making you wait so long…

Alder: It’s no issue! Say… You haven’t been gone all that long-

Bullshit, I haven’t.

Alder: -yet it seems you’ve grown some! Maybe…

What is it?

Alder: Instead of training, perhaps you could help me with something?

Uh, sure, just let me heal my Pokémon and we’ll talk.

ONE POKÉMON CENTER VISIT LATER

user posted image

…Um, Alder, are you sure about this? I eat more experienced trainers for breakfast at this point.

Alder: That’s kind of the point. These two already know how to take a win. Now they need to learn how to take a loss.

Ah, gotcha… In that case!

MIRCILESS PUMMELLING

*walks out* I don’t know if I should feel bad or content about that one.

Smugleaf: …Neither do I, to be honest.

Monarch: …He scares me now.

Turner: …Eh.

user posted image

Whoa, sudden is right! Who the heck are you?

Man in White: Who I am doesn’t matter. Have you heard of the Medal Rally?

All about it, actually. You guys hand out medals to people when they achieve certain arbitrary tasks. You even give out hint medals for the ones people don’t have yet.

Man in White: …Wow, you do know all about it. Well, just take this, then.

Hm?

user posted image

Oh, yeah, this is what we keep the medals in.

Man in White: Right. I’ll be off now.

See ya.

user posted image

JEEZ! Okay, can I please make a policy of people not coming out of nowhere to scare me!?

Alder: Sorry, sorry. It’s just that I just got a call coming from your hometown.

Oh?

Alder: Seems that the gym leader just got back and is accepting new challengers.

…Oh, is he? Guys, you know what that means!

Everyone: GYM BATTLE TIME!

But first…

user posted image

Cannot believe I forgot to pick this up before going inside. Now let’s head back to the Pokémon Center to get healed up one last time before heading home.

user posted image

Jeez, already? We haven’t even done that much…

Medal Man: *gives a few medals*

Alright, we’re finally heading back home for our first gym battle and-

…Well, at least you warned me that time. What is it?

Alder: …Well, actually, I forgot to give you payment for helping me out with those kids, so… take these!

user posted image

Oran Berries? Well, alright. Not sure I’ll find a use for them, but thanks anyway.

Alder: Just take good care of your Pokémon, alright? Wouldn’t want to see any of them get hurt or worse.

Alder, don’t worry. We’ll be fine.

Alder: Well… Alright. Take care of yourselves, okay? I’ll see you around.

See ya, you crazy old man.

Smugleaf: You know, for a man with a crazier teaching style than the ‘wax-on wax-off’ guy, Alder’s not too bad a guy.

Monarch: He still scares me.

Forget him, guys, we got a gym badge to win!

user posted image

Ah, the old trainer school. Learned everything I know about Pokémon here, I did!

Turner: Considering how you ended up killing our best chance at winning in this gym, that ain’t much.

Oh, stuff it, buck-tooth. Anyway, let’s talk to the students and see what we can find.

user posted image

Not bad, but probably getting so- sol… Um…

Smugleaf: What? *follows her gaze* Uh oh…

user posted image

Monarch: Who’s that?

Smugleaf: Who is that? That, my dear Butterfree, is the Hoenn gym leader known as Roxanne. She specializes in Rock-type Pokémon and, in particular, fossils.

Turner: …Kid, you’re thinking about battling her, aren’t you.

…Kind of, yes. Maybe we should train a bit more before we make a decision?

Turner: Good call.

That's it for this time, guys. What do you think I should do? Skip Roxanne and go straight for the gym leader, or battle her?

--------------------
PM
^
DoubleXXCross
 Posted: Sep 2 2013, 05:50 PM
Experienced

N/A

I have absolutely no idea how powerful Roxanne is.

This is why you must face her.

--------------------
PM Email
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
RPG-D || Teen Titans GO~ || The Games

Disclaimer: using the Split Lock skin by DoubleXXCross will not give you a suit of armour.
But even if it did, you can still very much get shot in the face.