New Poll

» Red Dragon, Blue Mage, Void Heart
Blaizokaran
 Posted: Mar 26 2016, 07:52 PM
Survivor

N/A

Group: Members
Member No.: 6

Brent Pierce walked into the castle entryway feeling a touch hesitant about what he was about to do. This was Nobody territory, regardless of whether Organization XIII had vacated the place. But he was going to do it anyway, as he felt he needed to test his new deck.

Much as he had initially wanted to be a proper Interference and meddle in game worlds he knew back to front, his recent excursion into the wider multiverse as a Planeswalker had strongly discouraged that, to the point of scaring him shitless from the idea. True, he had gained new powers out of the deal, but at the end of the day, he was still responsible for the fate of an entire... what could it be called, alternate version? Sure, alternate version of Skyrim. And Pierce had no idea how that was even possible, given his status as an outsider to their entire universe. He was Dragonborn now destined to kill Alduin. So of course he had to freaking run like a coward and get his head back on straight.

So he tried to improve his magical ability at the College of Winterhold. And now Pierce was freaking Arch-Mage. More and more responsibility thrust onto him that he didn't think he could handle. So he ran away AGAIN. The only thing he managed to NOT run away from was helping out a Kahjiit girl who lost her memory, and even that he chickened out on in the form of erasing said memories permanently because he thought they would break her mind via extreme trauma.

And now, here Pierce was, about to try and force himself to at least take on a self-imposed challenge rather than just running all the time. He was going to make it up this castle and back down again with nothing but his new deck.

Now if he could just work up the nerve to walk through the first door...

This post has been edited by Blaizokaran: Mar 26 2016, 07:53 PM

--------------------
PM
^
Lancereiger
 Posted: Mar 26 2016, 08:09 PM
Experienced

N/A

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 5

Shaia had already arrived at the abandoned castle a while ago, looking over the lobby and sketching out the layout with a notepad and pencil in hand. He didn't hear the doors open, being lost in thought. "This place looks so barren, but the designs are neat."

He mused to himself as he continued drawing. "I wonder what they were thinking when they made this place? Was it here before the trap for Sora, or was it whipped up in a hurry to trick him? Regardless, it both succeeded and failed its purpose. Very intriguing."

--------------------
New Forum, New Heroes! Where will our adventures take us?

Roster:
Lance A Kamen Rider and His Blob.
Cexlan Anomalous Jacka**.
Dekar The Undying Knight.
Bass The Perfect Robot Master.
Shaia The Inventor Interference.
PM
^
Blaizokaran
 Posted: Mar 26 2016, 08:36 PM
Survivor

N/A

Having heard the question Shaia asked, probably redundantly, Pierce answered almost automatically, as he was wont to do. "It was here before. Used to be called the Land of Departure, a world meant for training Keyblade wielders in solitude. That was before Aqua changed it into this, though. The Organization found it afterwards. Or maybe Xemnas remembered something from Terra? I dunno."

And all of this was said without looking away from the door Pierce was standing in front of, the door that led further into the castle. He was going to do this. He wasn't leaving until he did.

--------------------
PM
^
Lancereiger
 Posted: Mar 26 2016, 08:48 PM
Experienced

N/A

Shaia stopped, turning around to see the other person in the lobby. "I actually did not know that. I...didn't have access to Birth By Sleep. I bet there's a way to actually get my hands on it. I'll fix that when I get the time. Right now...I'm just sketching the architecture. I could probably get the creator blueprints online, but this just feels better. Able to get a more detailed look at it, you know?"

He turned back to his sketching, paying close attention to the details. "Oh! The name's Shaia. Nice to meet you."

--------------------

Roster:
PM
^
Blaizokaran
 Posted: Mar 26 2016, 09:24 PM
Survivor

N/A

It was only now that Pierce seemed to give any sign he knew he was having a conversation with someone else.

"Oh, uh, Pierce. Brent Pierce. Same to you." He actually smiled when he saw the sketchbook. "And yeah, I can see that. Birth by Sleep is definitely worth playing, even if it was an exclusive on a shit handheld."

He fell into silence as he looked towards the door again, not sure how he wanted to proceed. He had relied on his summons to do the fighting for him up to this point for so long, he wasn't sure how this was going to go with a red-blue focus on spamming instants and sorceries....

...No. He made a commitment, he was going to keep to it. Dammit, nerves, go somewhere else for once!

--------------------
PM
^
Lancereiger
 Posted: Mar 27 2016, 09:51 AM
Experienced

N/A

"The PSP wasn't THAT bad of a handheld. It had some good titles on it. The Vita on the other hand...well, let's leave it at that, shall we?" Shaia chuckled, finishing his drawing up for the time being and tucking them away in his pouch. "Besides, I remember that the Kingdom Hearts games got remasters and put on the PS3 and PS4. Kingdom Hearts HD Remix 1.5 and 2.5. All the games leading up to Dream Drop Distance and a few more coming to get all the details and story fleshed out before 3 comes out. Was going to pick them up, but I got busy, and found myself here again."

Shaia then looked around again. "So, what brings you to this old place? Exploration?" He asked Brent.

--------------------

Roster:
PM
^
Blaizokaran
 Posted: Mar 27 2016, 01:47 PM
Survivor

N/A

Vita? HD Remix? Jeez, Pierce must have missed a fair bit back home if he was that out of touch with the gaming scene of all things. And Kingdom Hearts 3 was all but confirmed to be in the works... well, he hadn't been expecting anything less, but that knowledge still thrilled him. Best keep composure, though.

As for why Pierce was here... "Well, actually, I kinda have this new deck I wanted to try out, seeing as my power has expanded to include blue mana now." Pierce indicated the M:TG deck sitting in the proper slot in his leather bracers. "I was going to give it a test run against some Nobodies here."

--------------------
PM
^
Lancereiger
 Posted: Mar 27 2016, 05:51 PM
Experienced

N/A

"Deck? Blue mana? You use MTG cards to fight? Now THAT'S something I haven't heard of. I'll tag along. I wanna see how that works. Don't worry, I can hold my own in a fight." He grinned, summoning his own weapon, a 5 foot long and 2 foot wide wrench. He held it near the bottom, hefting it on his shoulder. "My very first weapon. Still gets the job done. So! Feel free to lead the way, Mister Pierce."

--------------------

Roster:
PM
^
Blaizokaran
 Posted: Mar 27 2016, 07:19 PM
Survivor

N/A

Pierce took a moment to just stare at the giant mechanic's tool Shaia had just summoned up. "...That thing dwarfs an Omniwrench, holy shit."

Then Pierce considered his request. On the one hand, he had been intending to do this by himself. On the other... well, he couldn't deny that this excursion felt a lot easier to go through with if he was doing it with some backup.

"Eh, sure, why not?" Pierce took the lead as suggested and stepped through the doors, deeper into Castle Oblivion.

In the next room, they were almost immediately accosted by four Dusks and two Samurais.

"Well, they seem anxious to start," Pierce remarked as he quickly drew his starting hand.

This post has been edited by Blaizokaran: Mar 27 2016, 07:33 PM

--------------------
PM
^
Lancereiger
 Posted: Mar 27 2016, 08:09 PM
Experienced

N/A

Shaia let out a laugh at Pierce's reaction. "This is my main combat wrench, The Wrencher. Given to me from my own Awakening long ago, and named because I thought it was cool back then. It stuck. I have more, but they're for different purposes, and are all smaller. Except the one I'm currently working on."

He looked into the next room, frowning. "The Dusk, not really new, but Samurai? Here? That's a tad unexpected. Welp, here goes nothing."

He hefted the Wrencher forwards, pointing at the first one. "FIRE!" The Wrencher glowed for a second before launching a fireball at the Nobody.

--------------------

Roster:
PM
^
Blaizokaran
 Posted: Mar 28 2016, 06:19 PM
Survivor

N/A

Pierce took a quick look at his starting hand... and saw nothing but red cards. He let out a small sigh. Well, looked like it would be a couple of turns before he got to test out blue, then. No matter. Pierce still needed to rely on the red mana spectrum to deal most (if not all) of his damage.

Unfortunately, this particular deck build was sufficiently lacking in both one-drop spells and any-drop creatures. He'd need to stall for time before he could really do damage.

Pierce played a Mountain Land, which turned into a bright red glow in one of the crystals on his right-hand bracer. With nothing else to play, it was until the opponents made a move that would determine when his next turn was.

Fortunately, he didn't have to wait for long. The Fire spell Shaia cast damaged one of the Dusks, which cued the others to spring into action. Two Dusks and a Samurai went after Shaia, the Dusks moving in their irregular ways to get into flanking positions, while the Samurai went directly for a slashing attack.

The remaining Samurai and (not knocked back from Fire) Dusk decided to target Pierce instead, with the Dusk sliding across the ground to attack. Barely recognizing it in time to react, Pierce tried to jump out of the way, but still got hit. The Samurai seemed content to bide its time.

Pierce's move, draw card. He got back to his feet and played his second Mountain, then tapped both to cast Lightning Strike on the Dusk Shaia had hit at the start. Hopefully this didn't get too crazy...

--------------------
PM
^
Lancereiger
 Posted: Mar 28 2016, 11:53 PM
Experienced

N/A

Shaia kept an eye on the Nobodies trying to flank. "Sneaky. But not sneaky enough. Blizzard!" He jumped at the Samurai, aiming to block the attack, while simultaneously blasting it directly with the spell.

Hopefully it wouldn't be able to escape, and perhaps get stunned long enough for a follow up assault. Even so, Shaia prepared to jump back in case the other Nobodies tried to attack him during this.

--------------------

Roster:
PM
^
Blaizokaran
 Posted: Apr 3 2016, 10:45 PM
Survivor

N/A

Actually, with the Samurai taking the brunt of Shaia's Blizzard attack and being briefly stunned as a result, both Dusks used the opportunity to try and attack him. One leaped into the air and, in the long-standing KH tradition of defying the laws of physics, floated upside down towards Shaia as it flailed its arms at him. The other slithered across the ground like a snake, encircling his feet for a moment before trying to strike with its feet.

Mister Dusk-having-a-bad-day finally recovered from being knocked back, as it seemed Lightning Strike, while still doing a fair amount of damage, didn't stagger its target at all. It jumped into the air and slowly started slithering its way towards Pierce, who was now having to contend with the Samurai and its dual-sword-plus-sheaths attack combo. Thankfully, his leather bracers DID serve as suitable armor with which to block the attacks. Still hurt, though. The Dusk that had attacked Pierce before decided to reposition itself and flank him.

"Shit..." Pierce muttered as his mana untapped and another card entered his hand. He was not having a good time. No more Lands to cast, only two mana, and most of his cards costed three-plus! Still, he had come here looking for a challenge, and by god was he gonna take it on. Pierce tapped both red mana he had and pumped it into the card Turn & Burn, using the Burn half of it only. This finished off Mister Dusk-having-a-bad-day, meaning Pierce would only have to contend with... the two Nobodies currently kicking his ass.

Oh joy.

--------------------
PM
^
Lancereiger
 Posted: Apr 4 2016, 06:07 AM
Experienced

N/A

Shaia's instincts told him not to jump back, but instead he leaped upwards and forwards, behind the Samurai and kicking it forward, hopefully into the Dusk's attack. He immediately followed up with a resounding "THUNDER!" calling forth a blast from the skies to strike all three.

--------------------

Roster:
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
RPG-D || Teen Titans GO~ || The Games

Disclaimer: using the Split Lock skin by DoubleXXCross will not give you a suit of armour.
But even if it did, you can still very much get shot in the face.