photo the_inter.png

Welcome to the Interference: Multiverse, a video game crossover roleplayed inspired by The Interference fanfiction series by Newbiespud.

Quick Links
Updates

Last Updated: 11/6/2017

Last update for anyone who still visits the forum here. Most of us have moved to a new location. If you want to find us then we are located here: Scrap City

Join Chat Server

Add Reply
New Poll

» George's Girl Friday
Icefox
 Posted: Jul 22 2016, 08:42 PM
Powerful

N/A

Group: Global Moderator
Member No.: 65

All things considered, life in Traverse Town was getting downright boring. Jane had been working for months keeping the bigger heartless at bay when the Vendbringers couldn't cut it, but she was ultimately just slaying monsters day in and day out and being a tour guide for new Interferences when they arrived. It wasn't a bad life, but she still felt like there was more out there she needed to do. More people in need of saving, more worlds that could still fall to the darkness. She had an itch to go out and save the Multiverse, and so today she was heading in to see George. Perhaps he could solve her problem.

The workshop was quiet as ever when she pushed in the door, and she settled down to wait for the mad inventor. She didn't know what had been pushing her so suddenly, but she wanted him to take a look at her inner bits and make sure she hadn't tripped a breaker in her heroism function or anything.

--------------------
Captain Natalie Prisma
Dutchess "Dovi" Prisma
Paathar Atma, a.k.a. Stoneheart
Selina Williams
Jane Doe
PM
^
eagerdigger
 Posted: Jul 23 2016, 10:49 AM
Veteran

N/A

Group: Members
Member No.: 70

George had been settling into his daily life again, enjoying the spoils of his battles on Etrian Odyssey world and giving more analysis into the concept of magic technology and similar hybrids. The workbench had a strange weapon on it, the guts displayed for all to see with a number of strange cores nearby...each a different color. He checked each one and placed it in the gun, noting down the energy patterns before he replaced it with a new one. He'd felt....better, now. More confident. His town was lovely and strong, and he'd keep it that way. He turned over to Jane as she entered.

"Oh, it's been a while! Come on and take a seat, Janey. What can Isdo for you?" He asked putting his goggles back on his head after taking them off his eyes.

--------------------
"Well..It's about time"

George Beaumont - The Lecherous, Clever Gearhead
Ryoto Cuyler - The Gentle, Adoring Keyblade Holder
Gloria Harpe - The Broken, Brave Blademaster
Edd Z. - The Psychic, Excitable Pilot
PM
^
Icefox
 Posted: Jul 24 2016, 02:02 PM
Powerful

N/A

Jane took a moment to look over George's shoulder at the project he was working on, idly adding it to her database. She was capable of containing a nearly infinite amount of information thanks to the same storage matrix that housed her soul, and she didn't see a problem with just sucking up everything she came across. She settled back with a shrug and tapped her head with a finger.

"I have been having troubling thoughts and emotions the last two weeks and three days. My hypothesis is a fault in my secondary logic system causing my heroism circuit to act at a higher level than is required."

--------------------
Captain Natalie Prisma
Dutchess "Dovi" Prisma
Selina Williams
Jane Doe
PM
^
eagerdigger
 Posted: Jul 25 2016, 06:58 PM
Veteran

N/A

George had a look of unease at her mentioning the idea of a faulty logic gate system. Emotion circuits were something he was fine with creating, but...the idea of messing with one really made him feel odd. After all, he was of the opinion that artificial people were people too, and messing with his brain would make him uneasy. But...

"Well, that's a problem. The place is rough sometimes, but it's not constant action action action here." He nodded. George rubbed his chin. "...Eh, I need to see the output of these things...I can try and give that a go if you're willing to sit down for a bit, maybe let me make sure your capacitors and energy conduits are good too, you know?"

--------------------
"Well..It's about time"

PM
^
Icefox
 Posted: Jul 25 2016, 07:07 PM
Powerful

N/A

"Very well. Entering standby mode." Jane settled down on the workbench and started shutting off her less important processes, leaving her aware and able to speak but without most of her secondary functions. Her artificial heart wasn't beating, she couldn't move her body beyond her face and throat, and she doubted she would be able to summon her Persona without rebooting. Still, it was certainly worth it to avoid getting an accidental short while George was poking about.

"I understand your unease at dealing with something so close to part of my soul, but if I am correct I doubt it will come to that. Simply a flipped bit in my BIOS somewhere, more likely than anything."

--------------------
Captain Natalie Prisma
Dutchess "Dovi" Prisma
Selina Williams
Jane Doe
PM
^
eagerdigger
 Posted: Jul 25 2016, 07:31 PM
Veteran

N/A

"Right. Stay still...not that i need to tell you that." George said, out of sheer habit. He took his tools and opened up her maintenance patch. He put his goggles on and started checking her systems...at surface glance, they looked workable, but it was getting increasingly clear to him that his meddling with her systems would have to go deeper. This was a subtle but widely-spread error...
"Damn, Looks like we'll have to do a hard reboot to make sure this is good..." He gets to work, altering her circuits as necessary...It took an hour or two of careful and delicate work, making sure everything was in place...but..

"Alright...that's everything, looks like. I think we're ready...DAmn, what happened?"

--------------------
"Well..It's about time"

PM
^
Icefox
 Posted: Jul 25 2016, 08:30 PM
Powerful

N/A

Jane had powered completely down as George dug deeper into her core workings, but as he fiddled with her something changed. She forced herself to reboot, now panicked and shoving him suddenly away from her just as he finished. She scrambled back off the bench, wide-eyed and terrified, before something finally clicked. A slight smile crossed her lips, and her eyes slid out of focus before coming back into far sharper focus than she usually had, looking almost eerily human.

"Ooh, what happened indeed... Gotta say, George, I'm lovin' how this turned out."

--------------------
Captain Natalie Prisma
Dutchess "Dovi" Prisma
Selina Williams
Jane Doe
PM
^
eagerdigger
 Posted: Jul 25 2016, 11:50 PM
Veteran

N/A

George blinked and looked surprised...What the hell? She was sounding a lot different. Plus, that shove? George stepped away before taking something in his pocket...the small palm-mounted sensor that would form a buster. He slipped it on while in his pocket and looked at her.

"You feelin' alright, Janey? I feel like I might've slipped here or there...still, at least you're up and functioning."

--------------------
"Well..It's about time"

PM
^
Icefox
 Posted: Jul 26 2016, 08:17 PM
Powerful

N/A

"Boy, I'm not just up I'm better than evaaar~!" She smirked as she saw him ever so carefully reach for something, but she didn't pay it much mind. She doubted he would risk actually killing one of his friends, not until it was far, far too late. After all, she had big plans, and George was only a very small part of them.

"Hey, while I'm here, you have any new weapons systems I could try out? I'm feelin' like the whole gun-arm thing just ain't doin' it for me anymore."

--------------------
Captain Natalie Prisma
Dutchess "Dovi" Prisma
Selina Williams
Jane Doe
PM
^
eagerdigger
 Posted: Jul 27 2016, 04:26 PM
Veteran

N/A

"Ah, well? I have something here, but I'm worried a bit about you. You're not just my girl friday, you know, you're my friend. I wanna make sure if anything's off about what I did that it's taken care of." George said, taking a breath. He looks at her. "Alright, I got a few things here...power output cores and more of an energy projection device..

--------------------
"Well..It's about time"

PM
^
Icefox
 Posted: Jul 28 2016, 09:00 PM
Powerful

N/A

"Huh. Girl Friday, I like that. You should totes call me that more often, yeah? Seriously though, I feel fine. I feel better than fine; whatever it is you did to me fixed everything that could've been wrong with me." She smiled and approached him, curious as to what he had on hand. She was even more interested in his tech than ever now, and energy output definitely seemed to be right up her alley. Particularly fire and lasers, those were good forms of energy for her purposes.

--------------------
Captain Natalie Prisma
Dutchess "Dovi" Prisma
Selina Williams
Jane Doe
PM
^
eagerdigger
 Posted: Aug 7 2016, 05:22 PM
Veteran

N/A

"...Ya sure? I mean...alright." George detected SOMETHING was up but he didn't know what he was supposed to do. She apparently was rebooted, everything his diagnostics told him said she was in perfect condition.
Hell, maybe she was better? She DID say it was a personality glitch...maybe the Jane up till now had been the nonfunctional one. As he continued, she could see that the tech was easily integrated.

"That's good. I guess we can start the testing then...Those yonder cores should be pretty good place to start."

There were only two, a blue and purple one.

"I've been testing trying to amplify certain magical abilities in a power core, kind of like the stuff Mega Man Zero runs off of. The blue one is Mind core, it should amplify processing power or thought processes, while Purple is straight up as much energy as I can condense in a single core without blowing up. May wanna be careful with it."

--------------------
"Well..It's about time"

PM
^
Icefox
 Posted: Aug 12 2016, 06:32 PM
Powerful

N/A

"Shiny. Lemme see what this sexy beast's got under the hood." She picked up the purple one between her fingers and scanned the thing, finding the energy of a small star inside. George hadn't been kidding when he'd said it was dangerous.

"Hm... Pretty nice, pretty nice. What do we need with a planet-busting hand grenade, though? Seems kinda overkill for whatever it is you do."

--------------------
Captain Natalie Prisma
Dutchess "Dovi" Prisma
Selina Williams
Jane Doe
PM
^
eagerdigger
 Posted: Sep 5 2016, 06:31 PM
Veteran

N/A

"It's not just for me...This town's getting a lot more attention. Not all of it is good...think of it like...deterrence. A sword in hand can keep another in it's sheathe, you know?" He walked up to her...George was wary, still. He...needed her to leave soon..it was clear something was wrong. "...Jane. I think I need to put you under again." He said, taking up his blaster...set up to an electric setting. "I think I miswired something..."

--------------------
"Well..It's about time"

PM
^
Icefox
 Posted: Sep 21 2016, 08:01 PM
Powerful

N/A

Friday's eyes narrowed as George picked up the blaster, and she gently put the orb down on the workbench as he approached. She considered trying to get him to stop, but he seemed plenty wary of her already, and so instead she settled for letting her arm slide apart and shooting him square in the chest with a rifle round.

"Sorry Georgie, but I'm not going back! In fact, I'm outta here!" She glanced around for an escape route and, with a note of surprise, paced over to a hologram projector piled up on a workbench. She snapped it on and let the virtual being inside appear, but even as Virtua came online Friday thrust a hand into her holographic body and began downloading herself into Virtua's systems. She intended to burn straight through her and into the Inter-Net George had told Jane about, which seemed like the perfect getaway vehicle.

--------------------
Captain Natalie Prisma
Dutchess "Dovi" Prisma
Selina Williams
Jane Doe
PM
^
eagerdigger
 Posted: Sep 23 2016, 02:48 AM
Veteran

N/A

Virtua screamed as she felt Friday's presence pierce into her...Friday feeling and hearing every panicked thought

'W-what'
'oh god it hrts'
'where is'
'a aAAAAa'
'd-aDDy!'

She gave way after a minute of resistance, George wincing as he fell to the ground...A cough of blood as he stared and moved... "What the hell are you doing..!?" George was able to ignore the pain enough to struggle and get Friday out...but, in time, Virtua acted as the perfect gateway...her eyes empty and her data scrambled. Not dead, but...she's in disarray and unable to think clearly...

"..Gh..gh...!" George pounds the ground, frustrated..

--------------------
"Well..It's about time"

PM
^
Icefox
 Posted: Sep 23 2016, 11:36 AM
Powerful

N/A

As Friday vanished into the Inter-Net, Jane was tossed backwards from Virtua, smashing into a table and feeling almost all of her core systems doing damage control. Thankfully, after a moment she was able to move again, and the malevolent entity that had taken her over seemed to be gone. She focused her eyes, slowly and mechanically once more, and actually gasped when she saw George lying on the ground with a hole in him and Virtua flickering in and out of her projector, corrupted segments of code floating away from her avatar. She hauled herself to her feet and practically shoved Artemis out of her, channeling her will into the soulstuff made flesh as she focused the Persona's healing powers into George.

"Please, no, I did not mean for this to happen! George, please do not die!"

--------------------
Captain Natalie Prisma
Dutchess "Dovi" Prisma
Selina Williams
Jane Doe
PM
^
eagerdigger
 Posted: Sep 24 2016, 01:02 PM
Veteran

N/A

George winced and looked up at Jane...He only had a rueful grin, his eyes telling the real story. Was he really that useless? Still, he closed his eyes as the wound began to knit together. "It'll be fine, I'm not that fragile...b-but..Virtua.." He looks over...his heart sunk. He knew she was afraid and scared, and he walked over. "Daddy's here..Dad's got ya..." He said, starting to input some commands intot he console.. Closing his eyes.. "I've got ya.." His voice was low..worried and panicked for her safety.

--------------------
"Well..It's about time"

PM
^
Icefox
 Posted: Sep 24 2016, 07:18 PM
Powerful

N/A

Jane kept the stream of healing spells flowing into George even as he pulled himself over to Virtua's interface, her expression ashen as she watched him tend to his daughter. She was horrified that something like that... Thing could've come out of her, and she was even more scared that she didn't know where it had come from. As far as she could tell, the rogue code had grown inside her own empathy core, which meant it was trying to follow her own primary mission. If this was how it intended to save humanity... She shuddered at the thought.

"Is... She going to be okay? Can you heal her?"

--------------------
Captain Natalie Prisma
Dutchess "Dovi" Prisma
Selina Williams
Jane Doe
PM
^
eagerdigger
 Posted: Sep 25 2016, 03:52 AM
Veteran

N/A

"..." George pointedly didn't talk. He wasn't made AT Jane, specifically...He figured something was up but didn't act on it. But his anger and grief made it hard for him to actually take it reasonably. He continues to work on fixing her code...Virtua mumbling and triyng to pull herself together. Looks like she's reconstituting...naked now and in the fetal position as she's slowly patched together from data cubes.

"...She'll live, whatever that. Thing. Was, didn't try to kill her. She was escaping. " He looked gingerly as Virtua mumbled. She looked so fragile like this, and George's heart sunk...before becoming filled with rage.

"What kind of...I'm gonna find that bitch, I swear." The young man said, taking a breath. "I'm gonna find her and make sure she knows what it means to fuck with a Beaumont."

--------------------
"Well..It's about time"

PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
RPG-D || Teen Titans GO~ || The Games

Disclaimer: using the Split Lock skin by DoubleXXCross will not give you a suit of armour.
But even if it did, you can still very much get shot in the face.