photo the_inter.png

<% NEWS %>
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

» No Russian
Icefox
 Posted: Sep 4 2016, 03:40 PM
Powerful

N/A

Group: Global Moderator
Member No.: 65

Two days of planning, packing, and travel after their meeting, Stone and Howaito were ready to start their job. Stone still had Calvin's Gummi ship for traveling around the Multiverse, and it had helpfully dropped them off not too far from the Soviet Base Camp that was home to what she hoped was enough money to keep them afloat for a while yet. Now she was watching the site from the top of a hill next to the main entrance, trying to work out how the guard patrols worked as the sun dipped below the ridge on the opposite side of the base.

Everything was more or less how she remembered it; the main gate was guarded by a bored-looking soldier in a kiosk and two more riding some sort of robot, there was a firing range that she wasn't concerned with off to the far right of the compound with a few more guards making their rounds there and at the guardhouse along the main road through base, and two large bunkers that reminded her of aircraft hangars stood tall and proud in the middle of the facility, along with another bombed-out husk. Storage facilities littered the rim of the base to her left, and in the middle was a huge parking lot devoid of anything besides bored Soviets.

"Right... Okay, what we're looking for is almost definitely in one of those two big hangars. Doors on either side, and probably security inside. Never been in one, myself."

--------------------
Captain Natalie Prisma
Dutchess "Dovi" Prisma
Paathar Atma, a.k.a. Stoneheart
Selina Williams
Jane Doe
PM
^
Millie Sentinal
 Posted: Sep 4 2016, 04:23 PM
Sage

N/A

Member No.: 16

"One of these hangers got something valuable. Jeez, these guys look behind on tech..." Howaito bent down low. "Well, I got at least seven minutes to use my ability before I need to catch my breath."

He glanced at Stone for a moment. "You got anything special about you I should know about? So we can think of exactly how to get in and get out?"

His pale eyes scanned the base, he knew that the robots for this place would be valuable... Well, in this world. Maybe not anywhere that had more advanced tech like Remnant. Hmm, how strong would the bullets h- No, it would always be bad to get hit by bullets, even if it was just to test how strong they were.

Howaito gripped at his Kama.

--------------------
Millie Sentinal ()
Kantia Rose (Quiet shy girl, that can forge weapons out of the hearts of her allies.)
Sakuya Izayoi (The Perfect and Elegant Maid of the Scarlet Mansion.)
Exsila (Heartless of Alexis Sentinal, and controls a few Heartless.)
Jacob Signar
Xia
PM
^
Icefox
 Posted: Sep 4 2016, 05:17 PM
Powerful

N/A

Stone had taken her prep time making her entire arsenal less-than-lethal, with tranquilizer bullets, rubber shotgun pellets, and other things that would certainly give a guard a bad day but not kill him outright. Of course, she had plenty of that as well, just in case things really started to go off.

"Well, I've got a sniper rifle, two shotguns, a knife, and a handgun, all loaded with both lethal and non-lethal rounds. I can turn into a wolf, beat just about anyone in a fistfight, teleport, and control time. Think you can work with that?"

--------------------
Captain Natalie Prisma
Dutchess "Dovi" Prisma
Selina Williams
Jane Doe
PM
^
Millie Sentinal
 Posted: Sep 4 2016, 05:48 PM
Sage

N/A

"Well, how well does your control time work? And can your teleport transport two people at once?" He looked around the base once more.

"If it can't... Well, I can probably get in easily enough, I just have a vague idea of what I'm looking for." His vision centered on one of the hanger doors. Then looked at the guard patrols, looking for a pattern of sorts. "And hopefully we won't have to knock anyone out for this. Best to just get away cleanly."

--------------------
Millie Sentinal ()
Kantia Rose (Quiet shy girl, that can forge weapons out of the hearts of her allies.)
Jacob Signar
Xia
PM
^
Icefox
 Posted: Sep 5 2016, 07:43 AM
Powerful

N/A

"Just a personal thing, as far as I know. I can stop time pretty easily, and I can jump forward and back maybe a minute before bad things start to happen. The harder I try to fuck time, the more stress I put on the machine." She watched the two guards in machines get settled in at the main gates and then looked at the pretty much completely clear stretch between them and the main parking lot.

"So, let's go. This is a good break."

--------------------
Captain Natalie Prisma
Dutchess "Dovi" Prisma
Selina Williams
Jane Doe
PM
^
Millie Sentinal
 Posted: Sep 6 2016, 08:27 PM
Sage

N/A

"Perfect, let's go." Howaito said as he jumped from the little cliff side and to the ground below... Probably about a nine foot drop from Stone to the ground. So it wasn't far. He crouched down as he went froward, his body slowly melting out of view, eventually one would only be able to see little puffs of dirt from his foot steps as he walked... If they paid attention.

He had seven minutes, and couldn't just deactivate and reactivate easily. So Howaito was gonna spend the whole seven minutes he had if he felt like it, and he did, after all, much less taxing.

It would take him but a few moments to walk past the guards. He was making a beeline for one of the hangers.

--------------------
Millie Sentinal ()
Jacob Signar
Xia
PM
^
Icefox
 Posted: Sep 13 2016, 08:43 PM
Powerful

N/A

Stone paused and watched him go, keeping track of where she thought he was and watching the dust stirring around him. Nice trick, but sloppy; speed was going to be their best friend if they didn't want him bumping into a patrol. She was about to follow after him, but a slight movement caught her eye and she dropped into a crouch. Atop a building between the two hangars, a man with a fairly large rifle kept a watchful eye over the compound. This was not good.

Stone jumped off after Howaito and the brand on the back of her hand flickered, letting her warp forward a dozen feet at a time and only appeared in any given point for a split-second before the shadows swallowed her up again. She caught up with his dust trail in seconds, and she grabbed where she knew he had to be and hauled him to the ground.

"Quiet. Sniper on the wrecked hangar. See him?"

--------------------
Captain Natalie Prisma
Dutchess "Dovi" Prisma
Selina Williams
Jane Doe
PM
^
Millie Sentinal
 Posted: Sep 13 2016, 08:58 PM
Sage

N/A

Howaito fell to the ground, having to let himself come back into view. He had to muffle his own cry of surprise as he looked up. "Yeah, I see him." He stared at the sniper for a small bit. He shoved the wolf girl off him and glanced around, no one in view. Alright. Just the sniper.

He sighed. His body flickered for a moment. Yeah, that won't be usable for another ten or so seconds, way too much strain. Holding his head, Howaito looked at the wolf, then the weapon she held, then the sniper in the distance. "Alright, let's just do this the easy way, take the bastard out, if your weapon is quiet enough." He didn't know the name of the thing, nor did he care, it was just a weapon.

--------------------
Millie Sentinal ()
Jacob Signar
Xia
PM
^
Icefox
 Posted: Sep 19 2016, 09:00 PM
Powerful

N/A

"No way that'd work. This thing punches through tanks; we'd have the entire valley on our heads if I popped one off. I think... Yeah, lemme try this out." She spun up the accelerator on her chest, the centerpiece glowing blue for half a second before the world froze around her. Stone knew she didn't have long, but she didn't have anything to worry about as she sprinted straight across the compound and up the sloped hangar roof. The accelerator kicked out just as she approached the sniper, and he didn't have time to react as she dove straight into him in a flying tackle, bringing him down to the concrete top of the hangar and letting her choke him out.

Once he was well and truly out, Stone poked her head back over the side and gave Howaito the thumbs-up as she hauled the unconscious soldier's body onto her shoulders. This was going to be interesting to hide...

--------------------
Captain Natalie Prisma
Dutchess "Dovi" Prisma
Selina Williams
Jane Doe
PM
^
Millie Sentinal
 Posted: Sep 20 2016, 07:05 AM
Sage

N/A

Of course the simple option-oh she vanished. Whelp, that made this easier, of course he didn't want to concentrate too much in order to turn invisible so remained visible he did make his way across as quickly and silently as he could. He was out of sight of the guards making patrols as he made his way up the slopped hanger side.

"Well, that was one way to do it. Better than my plan. Why don't you carry w silent long range weapon if you're a thief?" He asked as he got up to the top, glancing at her small frame some how carrying the larger body of the sniper. Jeez, note to self: don't get on her bad side... At least not now.

--------------------
Millie Sentinal ()
Jacob Signar
Xia
PM
^
Icefox
 Posted: Sep 21 2016, 08:50 PM
Powerful

N/A

"The Hecate can't handle losing that kind of power and accuracy from trying to silence it, and I kinda doubt it would really reduce the noise that much anyway. Only thing I can think of that might work would be a whole new tranquilizer rifle. Something sub-sonic, anyway." She carried the soldier over her shoulders without an issue, and as they approached the next hangar she helpfully dumped the body behind a truck where it wouldn't be easily seen. That just left the pair of them next to the hangar, inside which she could only hope were the things they were looking for.

"Right. You ready to steal some fun stuff?"

--------------------
Captain Natalie Prisma
Dutchess "Dovi" Prisma
Selina Williams
Jane Doe
PM
^
Millie Sentinal
 Posted: Sep 22 2016, 04:28 PM
Sage

N/A

Howaito looked at Stone for a moment, he had asked why she didn't have a quieter weapon... Not why she doesn't put a silencer on this one... Bah, doesn't matter. "Right, right." He commented, as if conceding.

His eyes went to the hanger doors. "I'm always ready to do this. Let's go." As he said that, he once again vanished, this time deciding not to kick up any of the sand as he made his way into the hanger...

Now, why was the inside of this place completely unguarded, even the bigger places he visited in Remnant always had guards inside the rooms that needed to be guarded, or at least just outside them.

--------------------
Millie Sentinal ()
Jacob Signar
Xia
PM
^
Icefox
 Posted: Sep 22 2016, 04:33 PM
Powerful

N/A

Stone ducked in behind him as a patrol came around the corner, letting the door close just before he could've spotted them. The inside of the facility was brightly lit and shelves lined the walls around what looked like a makeshift science lab. Bingo.

"Right, good news and bad news," she whispered to him. "Lot of real touchy stuff tends to happen here, from what I've heard, so the soldiers outside aren't allowed in. Bad news, if anyone is in here they work for Cipher and I've heard all sorts of horror stories about them. Grab anything that looks interesting and let's go before our luck runs out."

--------------------
Captain Natalie Prisma
Dutchess "Dovi" Prisma
Selina Williams
Jane Doe
PM
^
Millie Sentinal
 Posted: Sep 22 2016, 04:38 PM
Sage

N/A

"Right, got it." Howaito called from just beside her, still invisible. He still had five minutes so he didn't really want to turn visible again because it would take more energy to do so than just stay like this. Howaito looked through a few boxes here and there, some things fading away as they found their way into his pockets. It wasn't long before he found a case of valuable looking gems.

"Hey, Stone, found something." He picked up the case as he grabbed a handful full of the white-ish and blue-ish gems, putting those in his pocket too.

--------------------
Millie Sentinal ()
Jacob Signar
Xia
PM
^
Icefox
 Posted: Sep 22 2016, 08:36 PM
Powerful

N/A

Stone started digging through the desk in the middle of the room before moving onto the shelving area, and her strategy seemed to have paid off; she found a metal case filled with papers, and from what she knew of mechanics she could tell it was the schematic for the Walkers they had seen outside. Chances are, someone would want to buy those, so she dumped the entire case into her satchel and moved over to her invisible partner.

"Gemstones, nice. Easy cash, easy to move. Take 'em all, if you can." She moved over to the other shelves, pulling open boxes and dumping everything that looked valuable into her bag. She wanted to pull no less than ten million in the local currency from this job, particularly if she had to split it. Anything stamped with anything like 'valuable' or 'top secret' was her priority, particularly when she added a binder of research notes and a few biohazard canisters to the pile. This was going to be a good day, but she had a hunch their luck was running out.

"C'mon, grab everything else that looks shiny and let's go. Something in here is putting me on edge." She turned to the door, but a small wooden box caught her eye on a nearby shelf. She pulled it open, and inside was a small metal ingot. Thinking nothing of it, she put the entire box into her bag, filling it completely, and made her way back towards the exit strategy.

--------------------
Captain Natalie Prisma
Dutchess "Dovi" Prisma
Selina Williams
Jane Doe
PM
^
Millie Sentinal
 Posted: Sep 22 2016, 08:45 PM
Sage

N/A

Howaito would grab a few more things and stuff them in his pocket, still invisible, he predicted that he would have about two minutes left.

"Right, lets go." He was set, and his limited time made him want to hurry. "Let's hurry up, I only got so much longer... Think you can carry this in there for a bit? I don't think I have big enough pockets." He held up the case for Stone. Now, he moved for the door.

--------------------
Millie Sentinal ()
Jacob Signar
Xia
PM
^
Icefox
 Posted: Sep 27 2016, 04:46 PM
Powerful

N/A

Stone nodded and tucked the entire case into her terminal, before letting the door slide open and slipping out. There still didn't seem to be anyone around, and it looked like they had an easy way back to the main-

*BOOM*

A light flickered slightly on the other side of the valley in front of Stone, and she dove to the side as a rifle reported several seconds later. Had she been a second slower her face would've intercepted a bullet that tore a good chunk out of the concrete entrance of the hangar, and she wasn't about to press her luck on this. She spun up her accelerator and vanished, blinking up the side of the nearby building and well out of the sniper's line of fire as she took shelter behind a sturdy rock face.

"Sniper, get inside!"

--------------------
Captain Natalie Prisma
Dutchess "Dovi" Prisma
Selina Williams
Jane Doe
PM
^
Millie Sentinal
 Posted: Oct 16 2016, 03:16 PM
Sage

N/A

Howaito was caught by surprise by the sudden sound of an explosion and the repeated sounds of rifle fire. Still being invisible he would be careful not to kick up dust clouds as he made his way outside.

Already Stone was out of immediate danger. Which was good. His eyes went from where the shot had connected to the ground and then up to where he thought the shot came from. Howaito however didn't know enough about the angles and trajectory of the shot itself to know exactly where it came from. His training at Shade and Shadow only went so far and they didn't teach this stuff.

Soldiers were scrambling in search for the sniper that had fired the shots.

Howaito was of course smart not to move too quickly and to stick to cover as much as possible so that when his invisibility wore off he wouldn't be spotted immediately. He didn't need to cause more trouble than it was worth. The sniper made this whole thing complicated. They didn't need to kill anyone and he knew that. Stone didn't either. They could still make a clean get-a-way.

His invisiblity would wear off as he crouched behind a crate, keeping his ears open.

--------------------
Millie Sentinal ()
Jacob Signar
Xia
PM
^
Icefox
 Posted: Oct 16 2016, 03:28 PM
Powerful

N/A

Stone unslung the huge rifle from her back and chambered a cartridge as she crouched on the side of the valley, trying to work out exactly where the sniper could be after a few precious seconds to move. She hadn't been paying much attention to the rocks around them, and she was certain there were more than likely a thousand nooks and crannies an experienced sniper could use. That made things bad for her, and she peeked out of her hiding space to look around. Much to her surprise, though, she spotted the sniper almost immediately, except now she was nearly a mile from her original position and crouched on top of a storage shed, looking for something. Stone could only imagine what she was looking for, too.

Sure enough, as soon as Stone got her ears out from behind her rock the sniper pivoted and planted her rifle squarely at her, giving the poor girl barely enough time to get her head back under cover before the impact shook the rock she was behind from the sniper's bullet striking it. She vanished again, calling on the Outsider's magic as she took off around the rim of the canyon. Sniper duels were one thing, but when both parties could teleport it was far, far worse.

--------------------
Captain Natalie Prisma
Dutchess "Dovi" Prisma
Selina Williams
Jane Doe
PM
^
Millie Sentinal
 Posted: Oct 16 2016, 05:27 PM
Sage

N/A

Howaito heard another shot fired and could only hope that Stone was fine. He wouldn't be able to recover the loot fast enough if she died, half due to having absolutely no idea where she was at the moment. The other half being that he wouldn't be able to use his semblance for a while.

He peaked from behind his cover. When he thought he was clear to move, he would. If the shot to his chest hadn't just put him on his back. A soft glow went over him as the Aura was destroyed. The bullet hadn't penetrated at least, having crushed itself on the seemingly supernatural defense of his body. It still hurt like hell though.

"Ugh..." It was not a pleasant feeling to be knocked on your ass by a high caliber round. He'll be on the ground for a bit.

--------------------
Millie Sentinal ()
Jacob Signar
Xia
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
RPG-D || Teen Titans GO~ || The Games

Disclaimer: using the Split Lock skin by DoubleXXCross will not give you a suit of armour.
But even if it did, you can still very much get shot in the face.